OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:22 pm First data out of LA county..
During a period from July 1 through 16, the county reported 13,598 cases, and the unvaccinated represented 74% of all the cases. Fully vaccinated residents accounted for 26% of infections, or 3,592 cases, Ferrer shared.
This for now still suggests that unvaccinated get sick at significantly higher rates... but still early in the data cycle. Also obviously it is no where near 90% + effective
Does that source make any mention of hospitalization rates? I also very much wish there was better data on those who have had covid before getting infected and testing positive a second time.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:36 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:22 pm First data out of LA county..

This for now still suggests that unvaccinated get sick at significantly higher rates... but still early in the data cycle. Also obviously it is no where near 90% + effective
Does that source make any mention of hospitalization rates? I also very much wish there was better data on those who have had covid before getting infected and testing positive a second time.
Unfortunately no mention there. But as it is a political issue in California it will be suppressed.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:10 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:36 pm

Unfortunately no mention there. But as it is a political issue in California it will be suppressed.
Sadly that’s not a CA thing…
max225

Well Florida hospitals are apparently overflowing
Right now … but they are not releasing data
Left will blame unvaccinated
Right will scream hoax and vaccine is killing everyone

I’d like to see the :math: so that I can filter through the bs.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

https://protect-public.hhs.gov/pages/ho ... tilization

They're at 85% capacity, which is pretty typical in hospitals. I wouldn't call it overflowing by any means.
max225

MrH42 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:39 am https://protect-public.hhs.gov/pages/ho ... tilization

They're at 85% capacity, which is pretty typical in hospitals. I wouldn't call it overflowing by any means.
That one is bit hard to read...

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local ... tion-says/

Is this :fakenews: ?
AdventHealth, an FHA partner and Central Florida’s largest hospital chain, elevated its emergency status to level red on Tuesday. A level red status means hospitals will defer all non-time-sensitive elective outpatient surgeries to free up space.

The hospital system reported Monday it was near peak pandemic levels, as 862 patients were hospitalized due to COVID-19. Its previous record was 900 coronavirus patients in January, according to the healthcare system.
Full disclosure, I am not that well versed in hospital capacities and have not reviewed the data in anywhere near the levels of detail as I do with covid. So I can't make a strong statement about it and back it up with :math:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:53 am
MrH42 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:39 am https://protect-public.hhs.gov/pages/ho ... tilization

That one is bit hard to read...

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local ... tion-says/

Is this :fakenews: ?
AdventHealth, an FHA partner and Central Florida’s largest hospital chain, elevated its emergency status to level red on Tuesday. A level red status means hospitals will defer all non-time-sensitive elective outpatient surgeries to free up space.

The hospital system reported Monday it was near peak pandemic levels, as 862 patients were hospitalized due to COVID-19. Its previous record was 900 coronavirus patients in January, according to the healthcare system.
Full disclosure, I am not that well versed in hospital capacities and have not reviewed the data in anywhere near the levels of detail as I do with covid. So I can't make a strong statement about it and back it up with :math:
It's a lot of sensationalism for sure. It's not objectively false, but very much the sky is falling. When you have to revert to statistics like "average percent of previous peak", that's an incredibly misleading way to present the data. If the previous peak wasn't remotely an issue, 154% of that previous peak could also not be an issue. There's zero context there.
max225

Interesting I can't seem to be able to triangulate covid case data anymore. :disgust: google/NYT reporting was pretty good, now it is spotty at best. Many recent days are missing and the cases don't match up with official state data. :wtf:

Anyone have a better view of that?
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... ta-variant

Interesting article with summaries on the different studies of vaccine efficacies against Delta.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:39 pm https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... ta-variant

Interesting article with summaries on the different studies of vaccine efficacies against Delta.
Interesting read, sounds like those of us that are vaccinated are still probably relatively safe against acquiring Delta and even moreso being hospitalized by it.

I am still sort of torn on whether I should go back into mostly locked down mode or carry on somewhat NFG. I started wearing masks again at the gym/store/other public spaces like that, not a big deal really. I'm supposed to be going to Vegas with a couple of dudes later this month and I'm considering bailing on that :disappoint:
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:54 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:39 pm https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... ta-variant

Interesting read, sounds like those of us that are vaccinated are still probably relatively safe against acquiring Delta and even moreso being hospitalized by it.

I am still sort of torn on whether I should go back into mostly locked down mode or carry on somewhat NFG. I started wearing masks again at the gym/store/other public spaces like that, not a big deal really. I'm supposed to be going to Vegas with a couple of dudes later this month and I'm considering bailing on that :disappoint:
All the "studies" quoted are significantly out of date. I posted updated data from israel for example. The health line article quotes the initial JUNE data of 64% efficacy. Which has since been revised to 3X%. Please read through the details. First.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/31/us/c ... delta.html

This is interesting. 200 STAFF infected by covid in JULY... They are vaxxed and in PPE. Draw your own conclusions.
The University of California, San Francisco Medical Center said in a statement issued on Friday that 153 of its 183 infected staff members had been fully vaccinated.
Also the fact that they are not "dying" is irrelevant when you look at the probability of that even in non vaxxed populations. Most hospital staff is well under 50 years old and in decent health. And therefore has a near 0 probability of hospitalization and death as is.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:58 pm

All the "studies" quoted are significantly out of date. I posted updated data from israel for example. The health line article quotes the initial JUNE data of 64% efficacy. Which has since been revised to 3X%. Please read through the details. First.

This is interesting. 200 STAFF infected by covid in JULY... They are vaxxed and in PPE. Draw your own conclusions.
The University of California, San Francisco Medical Center said in a statement issued on Friday that 153 of its 183 infected staff members had been fully vaccinated.
Also the fact that they are not "dying" is irrelevant when you look at the probability of that even in non vaxxed populations. Most hospital staff is well under 50 years old and in decent health. And therefore has a near 0 probability of hospitalization and death as is.
I don't have NYT access but point taken for sure, the data from LA County the other day is still sitting with me.

And yet, here I am, sitting in an office with unmasked and unvaccinated people.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

The methods that led to the Israeli conclusions about the Pfizer vaccine's efficacy have been brought into question.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-s ... elieve-it/

Regardless, Israel has started administering a third dose of Pfizer. However, a third dose of the same cocktail may not be all that beneficial: https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 021-08-02/
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:39 pm

I don't have NYT access but point taken for sure, the data from LA County the other day is still sitting with me.

And yet, here I am, sitting in an office with unmasked and unvaccinated people.
:thisisfine:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

F.D.A. Aims to Give Final Approval to Pfizer Vaccine by Early Next Month

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/03/us/p ... roval.html

Looks like once FDA approval is granted there is no real chance of legal challenges for organizations to require proof of vaccinations for x y z.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390

:doomed:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

:thisisfine:

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:03 pm :thisisfine:

:fakenews: ? How many of them are unhealthy fat fucks? :yikes:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:15 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:03 pm :thisisfine:

Or olds
9/10
razr390

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:53 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:15 pm

Or olds
9/10
Nah here we have some that are culturally averse to vaccines and stuff too.
max225

razr390 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:16 am
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:53 am
Or olds
9/10
Nah here we have some that are culturally averse to vaccines and stuff too.
Yea I posted the figures under 49 doesn’t matter
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:doomed:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Please read folks.

So one of my close friends got the delta, and she's fully vaccinated with pfizer.

The government literally asked her to quarantine in her home (which they actually check right now to make sure if shes doing it). They mail in meds that were required, like c vitamin pills and such (her insurance gave it for free, offered by her job, take notes Murica).

She told us in our group chat saying that you're required to quarantine for 20 days with Delta. On the 14th day she can only go to the nearest testing center to get tested, and if she came out negative, she doesn't have to stay in for the remainder of laat 6 days.

The symptoms can be as mild as a running nose. Any way potentially how she got it. She went to a wedding both last Saturday and sunday, mind you there are both outdoor weddings since Turkey still restricts indoors and causes a huge fine for the venue owner/potentially revoking the license (yes turkey has that such thing) if it ever occured. Also she spent almost 2 hours in the hair salon getting her hair done for her wedding, with the AC running. The doctors said outdoors isn't the source as long as you remained distance and avoided huge crowds (his words).

I'm betting it is the AC imo. To be honest, because of the running nose, she went to get tested because she's apprehensive about it. I don't think not many people would do the same solely for a runny nose (myself included bc allergies from draft, even though I have went to get tested twice for it, both negative).

Thats all for me, and just to let you know that even if you're fully vaccinated and symptoms are mild, you can get the delta.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Also since Im going to greece next week, im have to get my 3rd covid test on Friday and get negative, so im definitely gonna be avoiding it as much as I can
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.