OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:22 pm daughter got me sick... AGAIN
She just likes to share.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Got my 5G booster. Went with Moderna this time.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:23 pm Got my 5G booster. Went with Moderna this time.
How you feeling? Report back if you start feeling like :poop:
Seriously considering getting my third Pfizer also. I'll probably :doit: in the next couple of weeks.
Huckleberry

So far, so good. The injection site is sore, but nothing like what I went through after the J&J.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:17 am So far, so good. The injection site is sore, but nothing like what I went through after the J&J.
Soreness is normal. No fatigue or muscle cramps or elevated heart rate?
Huckleberry

wap wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:27 am
Huckleberry wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:17 am So far, so good. The injection site is sore, but nothing like what I went through after the J&J.
Nothing yet. I guess I slept wrong the other day because my back is hurting, but that started Friday morning.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:27 pm
wap wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:27 am

Nothing yet. I guess I slept wrong the other day because my back is hurting, but that started Friday morning.
:notbad: :like:
Huckleberry

Just learned a cousin of mine is currently in the hospital on a ventilator with COVID. She's in her late 30s/early 40s, high risk, and no vax.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:03 am Just learned a cousin of mine is currently in the hospital on a ventilator with COVID. She's in her late 30s/early 40s, high risk, and no vax.
:( Sorry dude, but fucking hell...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:03 am
Huckleberry wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:03 am Just learned a cousin of mine is currently in the hospital on a ventilator with COVID. She's in her late 30s/early 40s, high risk, and no vax.
All :dat:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Ive been told there will be meds as a potential alternative to the vaccine, I think I'll hold out for booster much longer and I've last gotten vaxxed in July
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:40 pm Ive been told there will be meds as a potential alternative to the vaccine, I think I'll hold out for booster much longer and I've last gotten vaxxed in July
IIRC you're supposed to wait 6 months for the booster.
Huckleberry

wap wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:03 am
I'm surprised that the virus hasn't wiped out more of that side of the family. The majority of them are overweight with underlying health issues, and a good number of them have already passed in the last decade as a result.
Huckleberry

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:40 pm Ive been told there will be meds as a potential alternative to the vaccine, I think I'll hold out for booster much longer and I've last gotten vaxxed in July
Yeah, I think Merck and one other company are working on anti-viral pills. It'd be hilarious if they called it Ivermercktin.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:00 am
Yeah, I think Merck and one other company are working on anti-viral pills. It'd be hilarious if they called it Ivermercktin.
:iswydt:
wap

Scheduled my booster shot for this Saturday morning. :doomed:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:29 am
wap wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:00 pm Scheduled my booster shot for this Saturday morning. :doomed:
:nice:

I keep getting calls and emails to get my booster but I'm not eligible yet.
Same! You'd think the phone system would consider eligibility.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Almost 4 hours in and other than a bit of fatigue and a very mild headache that is mostly gone after having a cup of coffee, I'm feeling dandy. Let's see how I feel tonight...
wap

wap wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:50 pm Almost 4 hours in and other than a bit of fatigue and a very mild headache that is mostly gone after having a cup of coffee, I'm feeling dandy. Let's see how I feel tonight...
Updating this.

To recap, I got my Pfizer booster this past Saturday at 11:00AM. Got home and did some yard work and packed away the rest of our Halloween decorations, all while drinking tons of water, which I had read supposedly helps with side effects from the jab. As mentioned above, I felt mostly fine for 4 hours, but shortly after my previous post, the arm pain started at the injection site. Again, this was NBD and was to be expected.

Things got a bit more interesting later in the evening. At almost exactly 10:00pm Saturday night - 11 hours after the jab, I started getting chills and began feeling really tired. Decided to go to bed about an hour or so later and had an absolutely abysmal nights sleep, which I also kind of expected. I stayed in bed, mostly tossing and turning, until 10:00am the next morning. Some time during the night when I was awake I noticed the chills were gone and my arm was a bit less sore. Still felt like shit when I got up but I forced myself to take a shower and do some laundry. Wife commented that I felt warm so I took my temperature and sure enough, it was 99.4F. We had planned on seeing the latest Bond movie so I figured sitting reclined in a dark theater for 3 hours wouldn't be a bad thing so we went. Good movie, BTW, if you're into the franchise. After the movie, I forced myself to go grocery shopping with :tits: and when we got home, my temp was 99.8F. Checked it a few more times through the evening and it got as high as 100.6F :thisisfine: . Went to bed early-ish, had a decent nights sleep, and when I got up my temp was back to a normal (for me) 97.6F. Now, 52 hours in and I'm feeling 100% normal. No ragerts at all to getting the booster.
Huckleberry

wap wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:13 pm
wap wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:50 pm Almost 4 hours in and other than a bit of fatigue and a very mild headache that is mostly gone after having a cup of coffee, I'm feeling dandy. Let's see how I feel tonight...
Updating this.

To recap, I got my Pfizer booster this past Saturday at 11:00AM. Got home and did some yard work and packed away the rest of our Halloween decorations, all while drinking tons of water, which I had read supposedly helps with side effects from the jab. As mentioned above, I felt mostly fine for 4 hours, but shortly after my previous post, the arm pain started at the injection site. Again, this was NBD and was to be expected.

Things got a bit more interesting later in the evening. At almost exactly 10:00pm Saturday night - 11 hours after the jab, I started getting chills and began feeling really tired. Decided to go to bed about an hour or so later and had an absolutely abysmal nights sleep, which I also kind of expected. I stayed in bed, mostly tossing and turning, until 10:00am the next morning. Some time during the night when I was awake I noticed the chills were gone and my arm was a bit less sore. Still felt like shit when I got up but I forced myself to take a shower and do some laundry. Wife commented that I felt warm so I took my temperature and sure enough, it was 99.4F. We had planned on seeing the latest Bond movie so I figured sitting reclined in a dark theater for 3 hours wouldn't be a bad thing so we went. Good movie, BTW, if you're into the franchise. After the movie, I forced myself to go grocery shopping with :tits: and when we got home, my temp was 99.8F. Checked it a few more times through the evening and it got as high as 100.6F :thisisfine: . Went to bed early-ish, had a decent nights sleep, and when I got up my temp was back to a normal (for me) 97.6F. Now, 52 hours in and I'm feeling 100% normal. No ragerts at all to getting the booster.
I watched it this weekend and need a second viewing to make up my mind on it.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:48 am
wap wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:13 pm
Updating this.

I mean, it wasn't as good as Skyfall, but it was definitely better than the next one, Spectre, IMO. :iono:
Huckleberry

wap wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:23 am
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:48 am

I mean, it wasn't as good as Skyfall, but it was definitely better than the next one, Spectre, IMO. :iono:
I agree on that. Spectre absolutely sucked. I just need to watch it again to see if I missed something because I have a few questions.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 am
wap wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:23 am
I agree on that. Spectre absolutely sucked. I just need to watch it again to see if I missed something because I have a few questions.
Yeah, it definitely blew. But really, does the plot really matter that much in a Bond flick? lol
Huckleberry

wap wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:33 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 am

Yeah, it definitely blew. But really, does the plot really matter that much in a Bond flick? lol
That kind of thinking is how you get James Bond disguised as a clown.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:46 pm
wap wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:33 pm

That kind of thinking is how you get James Bond disguised as a clown.
:lolol: :notwrong: