OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:38 am
wap wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:57 am

:hai: :therapist:
:mindblown: at the bolded! How old is his sister now? She still been ok?
She’s six now, first grade. No further issues, though we’d obviously been pretty bubbled up until this fall. We really lucked out with her for kindergarten, her teacher was really good at the virtual thing. She’s back in person, and Grant is in preschool. This past week is the first time since March 2020 that there’s been anything other than allergies in the house (not covid)

We also have a one year old added to the mix now.
:nice:
Glad to hear all is well! :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Singapore PM had some good talking points re: covid

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 021-10-09/

Some TLDR’s from other source on the speech:

PM Lee Hsien Loong’s speech on 9 Oct 2021:

*1️⃣ Lockdowns are not an option! We must learn to live with COVID-19.*
- A Zero-COVID stratery is no longer feasible. There is no point keeping cases down by going into lockdowns and stringent SMMs, only for the virus to spread again as soon as we ease up.
- We cannot close ourselves off indefinitely, as this will further disrupt businesses, stopping us from resuming our lives.
- We must be prepared to see many COVID-19 cases for some time to come, and that is ok.

*2️⃣ We need to press on with our strategy of Living with COVID-19*
- We need to update our mindsets – We should respect COVID-19 because it is still here, but we must not be fearful of it.
- For most of us who are vaccinated, COVID-19 is a treatable, mild disease. Even if we catch COVID-19, we can recover on our own at home, like a flu.
- If most of us can recover at home, we can free up beds and resources for seriously ill patients, particularly the elderly.

*3️⃣ Elderly should go for their booster jabs ASAP*
- The elderly remains at highest risk of being infected.
- Taking the booster shot can reduce an elderly’s risk of severe infection by more than 10 times.
- Bring your parents and grandparents to get their booster jabs as soon as you can.

*4️⃣ Vaccinated persons will be able to travel safely to more places soon.*
- The vaccinated travel lanes with Germany, Brunei and South Korea have shown that it is possible for vaccinated persons to travel safely while letting in few COVID-19 positive cases.
- We will continue to implement more of such arrangements, with countries with stable COVID situations.

*5️⃣ How will we know when we get to the new normal?*
- When we can ease off restrictions, have just light SMMs in place, and cases remain stable – perhaps hundreds a day, but not growing.
- When our hospitals can go back to business as usual
- When we can resume doing the things we used to do, and see crowds again without getting worried or feeling strange

It will take us at least three months, and perhaps as long as six months to get there. BUT WE WILL GET THERE.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Flame suit on, I honestly don’t want to get caught up in drinking the koolaid of either side. However I am definitely of the opinion that COVID is something we have to learn to live with. Be it annual boosters, etc, there is no way you can keep mandating lockdowns etc etc. people are just going to get more and more unruly.

It’s sad… but id rather healthcare professionals and scientists begin to say things like this than keep playing politics and it causes everyone to be frustrated.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

My wife's company had a town hall meeting to go over Covid mandates. This is one of the largest ambulance companies in the nation, stationed right here in the heart of idiot red state territory. One of the main hospitals that they deal with is about to buckle down with their vaccine mandates and if their company doesn't do the same there's going to be some issues. So that's what the town halls were for.

I present to you the intelligence of fellow Louisianians
wap

:facepalm:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Acid666 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:35 am My wife's company had a town hall meeting to go over Covid mandates. This is one of the largest ambulance companies in the nation, stationed right here in the heart of idiot red state territory. One of the main hospitals that they deal with is about to buckle down with their vaccine mandates and if their company doesn't do the same there's going to be some issues. So that's what the town halls were for.

Doesn't matter where you are. But issues are issues. I have one on my hands myself. One of my DR doesn't want to get the vaccine but wants to come into the office, the two are mutually exclusive. Now I have to deal with HR trying to figure out how to handle it.
Acid666

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:51 am
Acid666 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:35 am My wife's company had a town hall meeting to go over Covid mandates. This is one of the largest ambulance companies in the nation, stationed right here in the heart of idiot red state territory. One of the main hospitals that they deal with is about to buckle down with their vaccine mandates and if their company doesn't do the same there's going to be some issues. So that's what the town halls were for.

Doesn't matter where you are. But issues are issues. I have one on my hands myself. One of my DR doesn't want to get the vaccine but wants to come into the office, the two are mutually exclusive. Now I have to deal with HR trying to figure out how to handle it.
While I don't doubt it's everywhere, it's especially prevalent here in Louisiana where people just think they're smarter than they are because Tucker Carlson says so. But these people are idiots. The people here choose the most dumbass hills to die on in the name of pride and "Mah Freedums"
Wife keeps texting me other questions these retards have and it's only getting more and more like Idiocracy. A hospital mandated it a couple of months ago and fired a portion of their staff that chose not to comply. They tried to sue and the case got thrown out by the judge. But these idiots believed they had a case because a local right ring freedom fighter told them that it was unlawful. He failed to tell them that Louisiana is an employment at-will state and they can be fired for any reason the company sees fit.
Checkmate idiots. What's your next failed play you cajun pride idiots?

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/ne ... 0fb45.html
wap

At this point I'd say just let Darwin do his thing, but doing so does affect everyone else until Ol' Charles issues his ultimate fate.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sounds like a guy who wants to sell Amazon out of his garage.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:35 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:51 pm

I believe that here we are calling it "anecdotal" if it leans towards "tinfoil" or "anti-science".

They are trying to jab 5 - 11 yr old kids here, which I'm opposed to strongly. We really don't know what to make of our choices, but once they implement the policy it will be either jab one or both kids, or lose all extra-curricular activities. Fucken sucks man.
Correct just providing the forum with :fax: from personal life. Just found out my stepsister and her husband got it over the weekend.

They were the most paranoid people I knew of... I.E disinfected shit before it entered house etc. Got vaccinated with Pfizer (both of them) back in may. refused to attend family gatherings for over a year.

Fast forward to last weekend, he went to a Tennessee Titans game? Last weekend and came back sick... was sick for 1 day... then got over it and worked out on day 2.. she had sniffles and fever for 1 day and seems fine also. Seemed less severe for them than the flu.
I understand that this forum does not do the sportsball by and large, but in my mind one of the constant, largest reminders that a significant number of people in this country have decided the Covid threat is over are the hundred or so LARGE football stadiums in the U.S. both pro and college, most with over 50,000 people in them, standing shoulder to shoulder, nary a mask or vaccination card in sight. I don't think I would do that myself but literally millions of football fans are doing it every weekend.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:21 am Just going to leave this as a data point without commentary.
My best friends dad and his wife got the vid. He had the Android vaccine (JJ) she is anti vax. He actually got her sick because he got it while
Traveling. Both in their 60s and good health.

He got a terrible cough and was pretty bad for 3 weeks, and is now coming out of it just fine. But first two weeks were bad (no hospital but just shitty)

She felt like crap for 5 days and was completely over it in a week.

Once again just a data point not saying you should do one thing or another. I expected the opposite as far as what happened in actuality
I believe that here we are calling it "anecdotal" if it leans towards "tinfoil" or "anti-science".

They are trying to jab 5 - 11 yr old kids here, which I'm opposed to strongly. We really don't know what to make of our choices, but once they implement the policy it will be either jab one or both kids, or lose all extra-curricular activities. Fucken sucks man.
I know that I would personally NOT be interested in teaching a bunch of unvaccinated 5-11 year olds (by nature the biggest booger spreaders on the planet) live in concert. Not for ordinary wages anyway. I don't know about teacher's unions in Canuckistan but they exert a fair amount of pressure in the U.S. I think as a kindergarten teacher I would take a year off and sell insurance.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:01 pm

I know that I would personally NOT be interested in teaching a bunch of unvaccinated 5-11 year olds (by nature the biggest booger spreaders on the planet) live in concert. Not for ordinary wages anyway. I don't know about teacher's unions in Canuckistan but they exert a fair amount of pressure in the U.S. I think as a kindergarten teacher I would take a year off and sell insurance.
Not to mention, kids are required to get a bunch of other vaccines before they can enter school:

Diphtheria
Tetanus
Pertussis
Polio
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
Hepatitis B
Chicken Pox

Is it different in the Great White North?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:26 pm

Not to mention, kids are required to get a bunch of other vaccines before they can enter school:

Diphtheria
Tetanus
Pertussis
Polio
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
Hepatitis B
Chicken Pox

This is sort of where the 'but muh freedumbs' argument falls apart, IMO. Like why didn't you care about your freedumbs for the past hundred plus years where these things were required to attend K-12 and higher EDU schools, join the military, work at many companies, etc. I do think it's within someone's rights to refuse vaccination but it's equally within their employers rights to terminate them for that choice.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

We are dealing with this at my place of employment as well... :popcorn:

So far it seems like it will be basically 100% remote for years.
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:48 pm

Diphtheria
Tetanus
Pertussis
Polio
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
Hepatitis B
Chicken Pox

This is sort of where the 'but muh freedumbs' argument falls apart, IMO. Like why didn't you care about your freedumbs for the past hundred plus years where these things were required to attend K-12 and higher EDU schools, join the military, work at many companies, etc. I do think it's within someone's rights to refuse vaccination but it's equally within their employers rights to terminate them for that choice.
EXACTLY.
And within the rights of school boards to refuse entrance of unvaxxed kids.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:57 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:35 pm

Correct just providing the forum with :fax: from personal life. Just found out my stepsister and her husband got it over the weekend.

They were the most paranoid people I knew of... I.E disinfected shit before it entered house etc. Got vaccinated with Pfizer (both of them) back in may. refused to attend family gatherings for over a year.

Fast forward to last weekend, he went to a Tennessee Titans game? Last weekend and came back sick... was sick for 1 day... then got over it and worked out on day 2.. she had sniffles and fever for 1 day and seems fine also. Seemed less severe for them than the flu.
I understand that this forum does not do the sportsball by and large, but in my mind one of the constant, largest reminders that a significant number of people in this country have decided the Covid threat is over are the hundred or so LARGE football stadiums in the U.S. both pro and college, most with over 50,000 people in them, standing shoulder to shoulder, nary a mask or vaccination card in sight. I don't think I would do that myself but literally millions of football fans are doing it every weekend.
But none of the numbers have supported the doom and gloom the media was predicting with these games :iono:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MrH42 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:12 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:57 pm

But none of the numbers have supported the doom and gloom the media was predicting with these games :iono:
For sure! Just saying 50 grander type events are still a no for me dawg.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

This is why you're a lawyer and I'm in the business of servicing robots. Fuck those snotty little bastards.

Nonetheless, if the teachers want to contribute to the industry safely they have access to vaccines for their own bloodstream, and can wait until more data is available before we jab ALL of our children and risk potential injuries.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Diphtheria
Tetanus
Pertussis
Polio
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
Hepatitis B
Chicken Pox

Those are vector based vaccines and proven safe for that age category. Sorry old people, gotta wait. If you're scared, go get your vaccine and live happily ever after.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I got my first dose of Pfizer yesterday, generally feeling ok. Headache, some chest discomfort, and clammy, but nothing to really worry about.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:48 pm I got my first dose of Pfizer yesterday, generally feeling ok. Headache, some chest discomfort, and clammy, but nothing to really worry about.
:like:
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:44 pm

Diphtheria
Tetanus
Pertussis
Polio
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
Hepatitis B
Chicken Pox

Those are vector based vaccines and proven safe for that age category. Sorry old people, gotta wait. If you're scared, go get your vaccine and live happily ever after.
Take all of social media and politics out of it… do you think society are large reacted the same way when these tried and true vaccines were first mandated? Don’t you think it’s just normal human nature?
Acid666

Tarspin wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:48 pm I got my first dose of Pfizer yesterday, generally feeling ok. Headache, some chest discomfort, and clammy, but nothing to really worry about.
If you're a little woozy from the first, the 2nd will hit harder. Of the people I know that weren't phased for the first, the 2nd wasn't a big deal. But the few people I know that had a little bit of wonkyness with the first got hit a lot harder by the 2nd.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:21 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:44 pm

Take all of social media and politics out of it… do you think society are large reacted the same way when these tried and true vaccines were first mandated? Don’t you think it’s just normal human nature?
Sure, and some of those formulas were modified to kill less people. And here we are, AZ and JJ are off the table, Moderna for kids off the table. You can be a hero and send your kids to the front line, but I'm good with taking my damn time with my health and the health of my kids.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:45 pm
If you're a little woozy from the first, the 2nd will hit harder. Of the people I know that weren't phased for the first, the 2nd wasn't a big deal. But the few people I know that had a little bit of wonkyness with the first got hit a lot harder by the 2nd.
I probably had Covid, who knows.
I'm okay with the usual rhetoric, hoping it doesn't fuck with my heart, brain and lungs much.

Good heads up though, I'll plan to take a few days off when i go in for # 2.

Thanks man.