OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:28 pm
max225 wrote:
Why did we ease restrictions then?
Because you can't fix stupid without going full authoritarian: keeping a secure federal database of vaxxed people (tied to social security numbers) and requiring it for air travel, public school attendance, government jobs, driver's licenses, and receiving any government benefits...

BUT MAH RATS!
The fourth reich rises!
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:28 pm
max225 wrote:
Why did we ease restrictions then?
Because you can't fix stupid without going full authoritarian: keeping a secure federal database of vaxxed people (tied to social security numbers) and requiring it for air travel, public school attendance, government jobs, driver's licenses, and receiving any government benefits...

BUT MAH RATS!
Commifornia is already doing this. What's your point?
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:50 am
max225 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:49 pm

That’s really weird.

Planned for 20 people and 20 showed up. No issues here.
At a certain level of intimacy you can bat 1000. Inviting your 5 best friends instead of your Great Aunt Ruth from the banished Zhukovs of Punxsutawney.
The initial wedding we do will be immediate family only and probably one friend each to be our witness.

The "big" wedding down here in SD, I'd still like to cap at like 50 people, but I'm sure that'll get bumped up to 100 or so by her.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:28 pm Because you can't fix stupid without going full authoritarian: keeping a secure federal database of vaxxed people (tied to social security numbers) and requiring it for air travel, public school attendance, government jobs, driver's licenses, and receiving any government benefits...

BUT MAH RATS!
The fourth reich rises!
Yes, trying to stop people from exterminating themselves and us along with them is exactly the same as trying to conquer the world by force, killing anyone we don't like. Totally the same.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:28 pm Because you can't fix stupid without going full authoritarian: keeping a secure federal database of vaxxed people (tied to social security numbers) and requiring it for air travel, public school attendance, government jobs, driver's licenses, and receiving any government benefits...

BUT MAH RATS!
Citation needed. You guys have a couple of half-assed unenforceable measures in place AFAIK, which is admittedly better than most states.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:46 pm
Apex wrote:
The fourth reich rises!
Yes, trying to stop people from exterminating themselves and us along with them is exactly the same as trying to conquer the world by force, killing anyone we don't like. Totally the same.
:mahman:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:48 pm
max225 wrote:
Citation needed. You guys have a couple of half-assed unenforceable measures in place AFAIK, which is admittedly better than most states.
Once again this assumes that vaccines are proven to "eradicate" this problem. Which the current surge is clearly disproving. But we shall see where this surge lands...

Given the 2+ week delay in cases showing up on the official stats... due to testing/symptoms etc. I will check in again in a week or two to update. But I think we're going to see a huge spike quite soon.

This is not driven by "unvaccinated trumpers". I am just disappointed that the gov decided to release all restrictions for no reason.
Last edited by max225 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:48 pm Citation needed. You guys have a couple of half-assed unenforceable measures in place AFAIK, which is admittedly better than most states.
Once again this assumes that vaccines are proven to "irradiate" this problem. Which the current surge is clearly disproving. But we shall see where this surge lands...

Given the 2+ week delay in cases showing up on the official stats... due to testing/symptoms etc. I will check in again in a week or two to update. But I think we're going to see a huge spike quite soon.

This is not driven by "unvaccinated trumpers". I am just disappointed that the gov decided to release all restrictions for no reason.
So CA isn't actually doing anything to require vaccination and you just made shit up?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So ignoring .gov policy, what are all you cats doing on the day to day? I still bring a mask as EDC and pretty much do case by case basis. If I can maintain a big radius around myself, I skip it. My grocery store is full of olds who mask even though vaxxed. So I mask there. I also mask at all checkout stands where employees are masked either by policy or by choice.

My biggest cheat has been at the gym...........and I've decided to change that. At first super low patronage after the reopen, but sometimes there are just too many young, unmasked people too close together for my liking.

I dunno. Once you throw out "muh rights" this is all a scientific shitshow that nobody really knows the answers to.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:53 pm
max225 wrote:
Once again this assumes that vaccines are proven to "irradiate" this problem. Which the current surge is clearly disproving. But we shall see where this surge lands...

So CA isn't actually doing anything to require vaccination and you just made shit up?
Gov shit is all shut down, unless you're vaxxed, plenty of other retarded restrictions around returning to office + universities vaxx or GTFO, school children to wear masks under 12/y/o statewide vaccination database that you can access via QR code and show. (this is all in place already).

Cases are spiking buddy... stay home stay safe forever.... or make reasonable rules that make sense. I was against the full retard 6/15 reopening we did.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:56 pm So ignoring .gov policy, what are all you cats doing on the day to day? I still bring a mask as EDC and pretty much do case by case basis. If I can maintain a big radius around myself, I skip it. My grocery store is full of olds who mask even though vaxxed. So I mask there. I also mask at all checkout stands where employees are masked either by policy or by choice.

My biggest cheat has been at the gym...........and I've decided to change that. At first super low patronage after the reopen, but sometimes there are just too many young, unmasked people too close together for my liking.

I dunno. Once you throw out "muh rights" this is all a scientific shitshow that nobody really knows the answers to.
Go about my daily life, ZFG.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:53 pm So CA isn't actually doing anything to require vaccination and you just made shit up?
Gov shit is all shut down, unless you're vaxxed, plenty of other retarded restrictions around returning to office + universities vaxx or GTFO, school children to wear masks under 12/y/o statewide vaccination database that you can access via QR code and show. (this is all in place already).

Cases are spiking buddy... stay home stay safe forever.... or make reasonable rules that make sense. I was against the full retard 6/15 reopening we did.
It's obviously not enough "retarded restrictions" if people still aren't getting shots, no?

There are 2 options as I see it: keep adding restrictions until everyone gets shots, or open it up and let everyone play Russian roulette for the rest of time because we believe in freedom over medicine.

Got a compromised immune system? Too bad, you get to die so that Max can go to Hawaii.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:58 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:56 pm So ignoring .gov policy, what are all you cats doing on the day to day? I still bring a mask as EDC and pretty much do case by case basis. If I can maintain a big radius around myself, I skip it. My grocery store is full of olds who mask even though vaxxed. So I mask there. I also mask at all checkout stands where employees are masked either by policy or by choice.

Go about my daily life, ZFG.
:dat: Haven't put a mask on since 2 weeks after my 2nd vaccine. I also don't go anywhere...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:05 pm
max225 wrote:

It's obviously not enough "retarded restrictions" if people still aren't getting shots, no?

There are 2 options as I see it: keep adding restrictions until everyone gets shots, or open it up and let everyone play Russian roulette for the rest of time because we believe in freedom over medicine.

Got a compromised immune system? Too bad, you get to die so that Max can go to Hawaii.
The shots will still allow for issues. I don't understand why think it's a magic solution. We either accept this chance of death like we did with the flu or we move back in time and keep distant.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote:

There's signs on every building here that says unvaccinated people must wear masks. But there's no checks or balances, so it's really a worthless measure to encourage people to get vaccinated. That's why just opening shit up after a year+ of OMG ITS NOT FOR YOU ITS FOR EVERYONE ELSE makes no sense.

All we need is a variant that the vaccine doesn't protect well against to put as all back to ground zero, and opening shit up all of a sudden is the perfect way to create such a mutation. The lack of consistency with all of this is just :wtf:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:05 pm It's obviously not enough "retarded restrictions" if people still aren't getting shots, no?

The shots will still allow for issues. I don't understand why think it's a magic solution. We either accept this chance of death like we did with the flu or we move back in time and keep distant.
Shots aren't perfect, therefore they're worthless? That's 2 year old having a temper tantrum logic.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:14 pm
max225 wrote:
Shots aren't perfect, therefore they're worthless? That's 2 year old having a temper tantrum logic.
The logic is keep restrictions because shots are not perfect. Do you read english motherfucker?
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:14 pm Shots aren't perfect, therefore they're worthless? That's 2 year old having a temper tantrum logic.
The logic is keep restrictions because shots are not perfect. Do you read english motherfucker?
Restrictions are not needed for vaxxed people, the data is clear on that. What's needed is a secure way to track status and actual enforcement of it. "Show me your papers"
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:27 pm
max225 wrote:
Restrictions are not needed for vaxxed people, the data is clear on that. What's needed is a secure way to track status and actual enforcement of it. "Show me your papers"
I am quoting this for future use. I am maintaining that restrictions are CERTAINLY NEEDED on vaxxed cucks.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:27 pm Restrictions are not needed for vaxxed people, the data is clear on that. What's needed is a secure way to track status and actual enforcement of it. "Show me your papers"
I am quoting this for future use. I am maintaining that restrictions are CERTAINLY NEEDED on vaxxed cucks.
Great, the studies are all :wrong: because Dr Max the Bean Counter says so. Read all about it in his peer-reviewed research published in the Journal of the Superior Race.
troyguitar

You'll eventually be right, though... Dumbasses not getting shots will pass this shit around until vaccine-resistant versions arise and we'll be right back to March 2020.

It's like groundhog day, except we could have prevented it at any point along the way.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:34 pm
max225 wrote:
Great, the studies are all :wrong: because Dr Max the Bean Counter says so. Read all about it in his peer-reviewed research published in the Journal of the Superior Race.
What study ? This surge is 2 weeks old, we're at the very begining of it.

Israel just created a first clear look at this that is non politicized by those flying rainbow flags. The efficacy of the Pfizer (best vaccine) so far for this is a meager 64%. We shall see where it ends up. But we're certainly going to see a much higher spike in cases before things normalize.

For arguments sake someone who deals with statics/numbers/predictions of various types of situations is certainly more qualified to give an opinion than someone who sits at home scared for their life without ever having had a real job that deals with any sort of situation of the likes.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

One thing that will clearly end this pandemic; Arguing about it over the internet.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote:

My $0.02

It's the same with various strains of the flu. Some get hit hard, others experience a 1/7 basic ass fever symptoms, and others end up with long covid. Getting everyone vaxxed won't help, because like the flu this virus will keep changing. If a person is compromised and worried, they should get the vaccines that come out seasonally to help keep them from getting seriously sick. This mutant didn't come from the USA, it came from India and S.America from what I've heard. What you gonna do, vaccinate all 1.2 billion Indians every year?
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:34 pm Great, the studies are all :wrong: because Dr Max the Bean Counter says so. Read all about it in his peer-reviewed research published in the Journal of the Superior Race.
What study ? This surge is 2 weeks old, we're at the very begining of it.

Israel just created a first clear look at this that is non politicized by those flying rainbow flags. The efficacy of the Pfizer (best vaccine) so far for this is a meager 64%. We shall see where it ends up. But we're certainly going to see a much higher spike in cases before things normalize.

For arguments sake someone who deals with statics/numbers/predictions of various types of situations is certainly more qualified to give an opinion than someone who sits at home scared for their life without ever having had a real job that deals with any sort of situation of the likes.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf

Summary: With high vaccine effectiveness and increasing vaccination coverage, preliminary modeling studies predict that vaccinated people returning to normal activities will have minimal impact on the course of the pandemic.

They're perhaps assuming that more people will get shot than is turning out to be the case though, because people are fucking stupid.