OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Yea the whole red vs blue thing is old. Elite ruling class needs to be held accountable.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

MrH42 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:32 am :lol: Why are you bending over backwards to try and justify that? It's total trash, not nuanced "political posturing". No context is needed. Stop excusing bad behavior just because it's from your tribe of choice.
:csb:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:43 am Yea the whole red vs blue thing is old. Elite ruling class needs to be held accountable.
:wrong:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:43 am Yea the whole red vs blue thing is old. Elite ruling class needs to be held accountable.
Yep, same shit, different color. :whocares:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390

Our security officer (one of three) tested positive.

:doomed:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:49 pm Our security officer (one of three) tested positive.

Vacced or no?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

wap wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:15 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:49 pm Our security officer (one of three) tested positive.

Vacced or no?
As far as I can tell the officer was not vaxxed. We have 2 other officers. One had COVID a few months ago before they were an officer and the other claims they are vaxxed. My team member isn’t vaxxed and is WFH the whole week and doing an at home test 3-5 days from the contact.

I am vaccinated so I am not quarantining but monitoring for symptoms and then just going to do a self test at home around the same time frame.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:04 pm

Vacced or no?
As far as I can tell the officer was not vaxxed. We have 2 other officers. One had COVID a few months ago before they were an officer and the other claims they are vaxxed. My team member isn’t vaxxed and is WFH the whole week and doing an at home test 3-5 days from the contact.

I am vaccinated so I am not quarantining but monitoring for symptoms and then just going to do a self test at home around the same time frame.
So ya'll interacted? :yikes:
razr390

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:09 pm

So ya'll interacted? :yikes:
My team member did with her, but I specifically did not directly.

But, the front desk where the officers sit has plexiglass, everyone Lysol bombs everything there, etc.

We are just erring on the side of caution.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Vacced or no?

Hope you're ok!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

wap wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:28 pm

Hope you're ok!
Thanks. I think we will be fine. The officers Lysol the fuck out of that desk and our cleaning crews do as well. Just hope the officer does okay though.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:nevermind:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

We had a symptomatic dumbass come into work on Monday. The clown's test results came back positive on Wednesday. No idea on the vaxx status, but I can guarantee the moron wasn't wearing a mask.

Just another example as to why this honor system screening bullshit doesn't work.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:57 am We had a symptomatic dumbass come into work on Monday. The clown's test results came back positive on Wednesday. No idea on the vaxx status, but I can guarantee the moron wasn't wearing a mask.

Just another example as to why this honor system screening bullshit doesn't work.
It was never going to work. I can't understand why last year it was hard core lockdown ZOMG THINK OF OtHeRS and this year it's honor system :aintcare: bullshit. The vaccine will keep people from dying it seems, so that's suddenly good enough?

:lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:57 am We had a symptomatic dumbass come into work on Monday. The clown's test results came back positive on Wednesday. No idea on the vaxx status, but I can guarantee the moron wasn't wearing a mask.

:ayfkm:

We have a policy at work where if you claim you are vaccinated but you aren’t and you’re purposely not wearing a mask or following guidelines you can get terminated for being dishonest (we have a no lie policy regardless, so this was added to that versus being it’s own policy)
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:17 am

We have a policy at work where if you claim you are vaccinated but you aren’t and you’re purposely not wearing a mask or following guidelines you can get terminated for being dishonest (we have a no lie policy regardless, so this was added to that versus being it’s own policy)
:notbad: I like this!

Not being axed for the vaccine, but being axed for being dishonest. :bravo:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:33 am

:dat:

We never dropped mask usage here (except at our desks and/or while eating) in both corp and public settings. It really isn't that much of a sacrifice considering the situation at hand.

I don't think it's fair to make vaccination mandatory, not everyone fairs well with it health-wise.
Huckleberry

I doubt any such policy exists here. Basically, what happens is that you walk in the front door, the security guard points to a posted list of symptoms and asks if you are exhibiting any. If you answer in the negative, then you are free to roam about. The guard isn't allowed to ask about your vaccination status, so it is just assumed that if you are maskless, you are vaccinated. They also created an app that employees have to fill out every day. Basically, it is the same thing: answering "no" to the same question the guard asks in person. The app gives you a green screen that you show to the guard on the way in. This app will show your vaccination status, but it is solely voluntary and simply asks if you are fully vaccinated. If you check "yes," no further proof is required.

Even dumber is that they are going to start bringing people back into the buildings in September. They are doing it from the top down, so the first two waves are rather small. They sent out an email saying that those people returning have to be vaccinated, but the people who have had to be in the buildings this entire time are grandfathered in and don't have to be. So, they are literally mandating the vaccine for tens of people.

Even dumber than that is the guy who manages the data center spaces is now in talks with mandating masks inside of the data centers. Aside from the data centers having the most amount of airflow than any other room in the building, we're literally talking about people being made to put on a mask in a specific room (the windiest room, at that) and nowhere else in the building. This is what happens when people who haven't left their house since March 2020 try to make decisions on how to operate in the facility.
Huckleberry

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:02 am

It was never going to work. I can't understand why last year it was hard core lockdown ZOMG THINK OF OtHeRS and this year it's honor system :aintcare: bullshit. The vaccine will keep people from dying it seems, so that's suddenly good enough?

The problem is that no one wants to police it because no one wants to deal with lawyers. Plus, the enforcement almost always lands on employees who are at the bottom of the pay scale, so they aren't going to put up much of a resistance, especially if the person starts getting physical. So, everyone just walks around maskless despite the vaccination rates suggesting otherwise.
Huckleberry

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:38 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:33 am

We never dropped mask usage here (except at our desks and/or while eating) in both corp and public settings. It really isn't that much of a sacrifice considering the situation at hand.

I don't think it's fair to make vaccination mandatory, not everyone fairs well with it health-wise.
Every mandate specifically states exclusions for health/religious reasons, but those reasons need to actually be documented and not simply pulled out of someone's ass.

But that is why everyone who can get a shot should, so that those who can't are better protected.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:51 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:02 am

The problem is that no one wants to police it because no one wants to deal with lawyers. Plus, the enforcement almost always lands on employees who are at the bottom of the pay scale, so they aren't going to put up much of a resistance, especially if the person starts getting physical. So, everyone just walks around maskless despite the vaccination rates suggesting otherwise.
Yep, exactly. I just think dropping the mask mandate for anyone happened too soon. No way would I want the poor bottom rung people dealing with the MaH RIAaatSs morans.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:53 am

Every mandate specifically states exclusions for health/religious reasons, but those reasons need to actually be documented and not simply pulled out of someone's ass.

But that is why everyone who can get a shot should, so that those who can't are better protected.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

It doesn't prevent vaccinated people from contracting and passing it along, so how will it protect the unvaccinated?
Huckleberry

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:08 am

It doesn't prevent vaccinated people from contracting and passing it along, so how will it protect the unvaccinated?
Transmission and infection rates are greatly reduced. That's how.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:43 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:08 am

Transmission and infection rates are greatly reduced. That's how.
Fair point, this is true in the case where the original virus overlaps with the current generation of vaccines, not so much with variants, and there is data to show this trend.

However, there are risks associated, and there are people who's quality of life is impacted by those risks. This is why people need to have a choice to be vaccinated or not, something I believe in strongly. I know that you don't but that is what makes life interesting. :like: