OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Welp, 100% so far today. I napped on and off all yesterday afternoon and into the night. This morning, I feel absolutely no issues, not even muscle soreness or fatigue. Arm is fine.

It's finally sunny out, so going to do some yardwork. We'll see how quickly I get tired.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

Detroit wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:38 am Welp, 100% so far today. I napped on and off all yesterday afternoon and into the night. This morning, I feel absolutely no issues, not even muscle soreness or fatigue. Arm is fine.

It's finally sunny out, so going to do some yardwork. We'll see how quickly I get tired.
:notbad:

Did you continue to feel worse yesterday evening or did napping help?

I'm 18ish hours post injection and don't have any side effects outside of a really sore arm (significantly more sore than the 1st dose). Hopefully I don't start feeling any today.
ChrisoftheNorth

HerrBerlin wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:49 am
Detroit wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:38 am Welp, 100% so far today. I napped on and off all yesterday afternoon and into the night. This morning, I feel absolutely no issues, not even muscle soreness or fatigue. Arm is fine.

I'm 18ish hours post injection and don't have any side effects outside of a really sore arm (significantly more sore than the 1st dose). Hopefully I don't start feeling any today.
I started going downhill at the 24hr mark. But rest/napping helped a ton, it's all I needed. Didn't even take anything. Just a lot of water...I think hydration is really important.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

@wap

1 other friend got both (he’s in mid 40’s) and no reaction to either shot (Pfizer)

2 of my other friends just got their second one today. Will update you. This is all first hand accounts since we are all going to a cabin in the woods for a German car show in a few weeks.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Glad to hear it :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

How you feeling now?
wap

razr390 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:55 pm @wap

1 other friend got both (he’s in mid 40’s) and no reaction to either shot (Pfizer)

2 of my other friends just got their second one today. Will update you. This is all first hand accounts since we are all going to a cabin in the woods for a German car show in a few weeks.
Updating to add :narc: 's friend

SECOND DOSE ONLY (or DOSE for J&J)

Moderna:
6 total.
4 peeps with zero to very minimal reactions, including Son if Irish with arm pain and mild lethargy.
2 with fatigue, soreness, and significant body aches beginning the evening of the 2nd shot and progressing to the point where one didn't come into work and the other one left early (these are both coworkers).

Pfizer:
24 total.
4 zero reaction, including iTrudy's friend.
11 minimal to moderate (headache, fatigue) I include myself, Griff, Zilch, :melon: , Coogles, Desert Man, [user not found], and DPlac. I never had a headache yet, but did feel a bit fatigued the morning after. No time off work needed.
4 fairly bad:
1 starting with elevated heart rate and progressing the next day to a full day of extreme fatigue, significant body pain, cold sweats, headache. Totally fine by the third day.
2, including Haley, with fatigue, nausea, headache, muscle and full body aches/fever that night into the next day. Fine by the day after that.
1 needed 1 day off feeling fatigued and some soreness. Came back to work second day mostly fine.
1 (bossbro) VERY BAD. Got it Monday morning, didn't come back to work. Came in Tuesday but left early feeling very fatigued, achy, etc. Stayed home yesterday and today so far.

One-and-done J&J:
3 total.
1 with extreme fatigue for almost 24 hours (described as like being on Nyquil all day). Came back to work the next day.
1 (our own Huckleberry) with chills and fever.
1 (Pecs) with nothing but arm soreness.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:35 pm Apparently my 95 year old grandmother got her 2nd Moderna dose with no ill effects?

:mindblown:
My 90 YO mom also had zero effects from either of her Moderna jabs. :impressive:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:like:

It goes away pretty quickly.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:42 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:35 pm Apparently my 95 year old grandmother got her 2nd Moderna dose with no ill effects?

:mindblown:
My 90 YO mom also had zero effects from either of her Moderna jabs. :impressive:
The anecdotal evidence is that the weaker your immune system is, the less reaction you have. Lots of :wap: have low reactions.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390

Yea, I’d be worried if I didn’t get ANY reaction from the shots. Some fever/headache/etc is to be expected
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:36 pm
wap wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:42 pm

The anecdotal evidence is that the weaker your immune system is, the less reaction you have. Lots of :wap: have low reactions.
I guess? Both my reactions were pretty mild but I'm not exactly a sickly motherfucker.
razr390

No reactions on day 2 for 2nd dose of my friend + his brother.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:37 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:36 pm

I guess? Both my reactions were pretty mild but I'm not exactly a sickly motherfucker.
Pretty much all it is.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Got jabbed Thursday, which took me out Friday for some reason. But was really active this weekend starting Saturday and felt completely normal all weekend and still do now. For me, it seemed to be a ~30hr recovery from just wanting to sleep all the time to being 100% cutting/moving trees all day ZFG. I don't think I've ever experienced anything like it in terms of recovery that quickly.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:12 am Got jabbed Thursday, which took me out Friday for some reason. But was really active this weekend starting Saturday and felt completely normal all weekend and still do now. For me, it seemed to be a ~30hr recovery from just wanting to sleep all the time to being 100% cutting/moving trees all day ZFG. I don't think I've ever experienced anything like it in terms of recovery that quickly.
:nice:
Great to hear. :like:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:12 am Got jabbed Thursday, which took me out Friday for some reason. But was really active this weekend starting Saturday and felt completely normal all weekend and still do now. For me, it seemed to be a ~30hr recovery from just wanting to sleep all the time to being 100% cutting/moving trees all day ZFG. I don't think I've ever experienced anything like it in terms of recovery that quickly.
My brother and I were talking about how quickly it went away.
Getting over the flu takes a few days of feeling drained to get close to being normal.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

wap wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:07 pm

How you feeling now?
Ended up feeling pretty normal all weekend. Had a very slight headache around the ~27 hour mark, but I had also just left a very busy Costco and had not eaten yet so not sure if it was from that or the vaccine. :lol:
wap

HerrBerlin wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:35 pm
wap wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:07 pm

How you feeling now?
Ended up feeling pretty normal all weekend. Had a very slight headache around the ~27 hour mark, but I had also just left a very busy Costco and had not eaten yet so not sure if it was from that or the vaccine. :lol:
Adding you. Pfizer, correct?

Updating to add HerrBerlin

SECOND DOSE ONLY (or DOSE for J&J)

Moderna:
6 total.
4 peeps with zero to very minimal reactions, including Son if Irish with arm pain and mild lethargy.
2 with fatigue, soreness, and significant body aches beginning the evening of the 2nd shot and progressing to the point where one didn't come into work and the other one left early (these are both coworkers).

Pfizer:
25 total.
4 zero reaction, including iTrudy's friend.
12 minimal to moderate (headache, fatigue) I include myself, Griff, Zilch, :melon: , Coogles, Desert Man, [user not found], DPlac, and HerrBerlin. I never had a headache yet, but did feel a bit fatigued the morning after. No time off work needed.
4 fairly bad:
1 starting with elevated heart rate and progressing the next day to a full day of extreme fatigue, significant body pain, cold sweats, headache. Totally fine by the third day.
2, including Haley, with fatigue, nausea, headache, muscle and full body aches/fever that night into the next day. Fine by the day after that.
1 needed 1 day off feeling fatigued and some soreness. Came back to work second day mostly fine.
1 (bossbro) VERY BAD. Got it Monday morning, didn't come back to work. Came in Tuesday but left early feeling very fatigued, achy, etc. Stayed home yesterday and today so far.

One-and-done J&J:
3 total.
1 with extreme fatigue for almost 24 hours (described as like being on Nyquil all day). Came back to work the next day.
1 (our own Huckleberry) with chills and fever.
1 (Pecs) with nothing but arm soreness.
[/quote]
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:13 pm
Getting over the flu takes a few days of feeling drained to get close to being normal.
Right...I'm used to a traditional flu/cold illness where improvement is gradual and over the course of many days. I was pretty worthless Friday, really tired/fatigued. Then Saturday I woke up at 8am, made coffee, and I was out by 9am and cut up 4 20+ foot trees, hauled the logs around and stacked them myself. Zero issues and still felt great after. It was crazy how quickly I improved.

I talked to my mother yesterday, and she won't get the vaccine because she's afraid of getting sick. I told her about my experience and she had no idea. I think she's thinking more about it now, but she's still :notsure: about the "DNA reprogramming", which I informed her isn't the case and sent her a link to the CDC article outlining what exactly mRNA vaccines do. I think it helped change her thinking a bit, but the :caspian: runs deep. Which is sad because she really wasn't like that when I was growing up, this is a recent development stemming from :thankstrump: and the virus. :rolleyes:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:29 pm
Melon wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:13 pm

Right...I'm used to a traditional flu/cold illness where improvement is gradual and over the course of many days. I was pretty worthless Friday, really tired/fatigued. Then Saturday I woke up at 8am, made coffee, and I was out by 9am and cut up 4 20+ foot trees, hauled the logs around and stacked them myself. Zero issues and still felt great after. It was crazy how quickly I improved.

I talked to my mother yesterday, and she won't get the vaccine because she's afraid of getting sick. I told her about my experience and she had no idea. I think she's thinking more about it now, but she's still :notsure: about the "DNA reprogramming", which I informed her isn't the case and sent her a link to the CDC article outlining what exactly mRNA vaccines do. I think it helped change her thinking a bit, but the :caspian: runs deep. Which is sad because she really wasn't like that when I was growing up, this is a recent development stemming from :thankstrump: and the virus. :rolleyes:
The best antidote seems to be just using FOMO. Living your life as normally as possible, without anything other than the initial side effects seems to be the best way to convince those who are on the hesitatant.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:29 pm

The best antidote seems to be just using FOMO. Living your life as normally as possible, without anything other than the initial side effects seems to be the best way to convince those who are on the hesitatant.
That's why I told her I got the vaccine in the first place, I want to live life like normal again ZFG about the virus and whatnot. She liked that idea a lot, but she still thinks "the virus is just a bad flu, I'll take my chances". I'm very concerned about long lasting impacts from the virus, and don't want to get it at all while she said "I'm old, the effects will just take me sooner".

She's a sad person, nothing I can say will change that. :(
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yeah man, only so much you can do.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Irish wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:32 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:17 pm

That bites. My daughter would have been happy to go to college after her junior year, so NFG about graduation and social bliss. Thankfully she was quite philosophical about an online first year in college.
Not much to be done, every single UC/Cal State student had to do the same thing. Getting a trip abroad nixed would have put a fair amount of pee in the Cheerios :doe:
She attends a really small school in a rural county with low Covid numbers (Juniata) so they held in person classes. She was was going :derp: at home with us. She was fortunately to fall in with a tight knit group of friends right away and thus she has flourished. Her cousin who "attends" PITT-Johnstown did so from Home her entire sophomore year.... but she was actually happier that way.

Hopefully the France trip will be rescheduled and she is also slated to spend a year (Prob Junior year) attending classes over there. She did take 4 years of French and has no great love for our government so she may very well expatriate...
Fingers crossed for her. I feel really bad for high school/college kids during the 'VID. Truly a shit way to spend those years when you should be up to no good with your friends and stuff. As a 30 something office drone, the impact on my life is significantly lower. I will second/3rd/4th the other comments that it is much tougher on parents of school aged children as well.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Irish wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:32 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:17 pm

That bites. My daughter would have been happy to go to college after her junior year, so NFG about graduation and social bliss. Thankfully she was quite philosophical about an online first year in college.
Not much to be done, every single UC/Cal State student had to do the same thing. Getting a trip abroad nixed would have put a fair amount of pee in the Cheerios :doe:
She attends a really small school in a rural county with low Covid numbers (Juniata) so they held in person classes. She was was going :derp: at home with us. She was fortunately to fall in with a tight knit group of friends right away and thus she has flourished. Her cousin who "attends" PITT-Johnstown did so from Home her entire sophomore year.... but she was actually happier that way.

Hopefully the France trip will be rescheduled and she is also slated to spend a year (Prob Junior year) attending classes over there. She did take 4 years of French and has no great love for our government so she may very well expatriate...
Fingers crossed for her. I feel really bad for high school/college kids during the 'VID. Truly a shit way to spend those years when you should be up to no good with your friends and stuff. As a 30 something office drone, the impact on my life is significantly lower. I will second/3rd/4th the other comments that it is much tougher on parents of school aged children as well.