OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Tarspin wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:26 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:18 am

Excuse me? Mario had shared his experiences and expressed his concerns about "his business" in this very thread, and we were in the middle of a genuine discussion regarding all of that. When someone shares "their business" with others, it's usually to seek counsel from others and elicit conversation.

You know, a conversation... dialogue between two or more people where not one person is overrun or steamrolled by another. A two way street. Discourse. But you don't know anything about two-way discourse, you arrogant asshole. We've all witnessed it on here, and my god have I witnessed it in person. There is simply no having a conversation with you, because any interaction with you always ends with you smugly proclaiming the gospel of Brad.

But, anyways... we were having a very pleasant conversation here, and while you've made it abundantly clear that YOU don't actually give a fuck about anyone (after all, every person that died from COVID were on death's door already, so who cares, right?), the majority of us do care about each other here. And somehow, despite our differences, we also generally manage to value each other's input and opinions.

It really bothers you that much to see people talking about wearing masks and social distancing, huh? :lol:
:notwrong: on the bolded Zack, I learned a lot from our collective experiences. This is a fun and productive group of guys, and I appreciate the input. I still need to make big decisions in the near future regarding the vaccine, and no I'm not talking about easy access to Appleby's. Fuck Appleby's, that place sucks anyways. My decisions WILL impact my financial well being and/or possibly my long-term health. Yes, I want to know why vaccines are a good choice and a bad choice, and yes I want to know how y'all faired taking them. If someone comes here preaching absolute gospel then I'm in no mood to take it seriously. On one end, Brad is very much in protest of Vaccines (fuck that poison), and Troy was very much in favor of them (just get the shot). Hearing both POV is excellent, but no survival stats will make up my mind concretely, because the answer isn't ever black and white on an individual basis. Societally, I feel that it is beneficial to have and distribute vaccines, how it is done can be debated as well. I'm pretty pissed off that I will essentially get fucked if I don't get a second shot, and a third, fourth, etc., something needs to give before then.

We have a ton of information about covid and vaccines. Both have ill consequences, mild or severe. A vaccine can kill a person, and has many times. Guess what, same is true for the 'VID. Share away, that's how a convo works, but the smarter person considers both side of the coin.
Yes sir, you are indeed correct. As is Zil; you clearly came here to discuss this. My comment came from the common position of mandates, vaxports, etc. that the Covid Carens seem to universally have, and we have definitely established [user not found] as a Covid Caren.

Recall, I have been vaccinated. I'm not anti vax. I am anti 'gov memaw making me' do shit. Medical decisions should be between patients and Drs, full stop, period, end of discussion.

Now personally there was no way in hell I was going to participate in the mass mRNA experiment. Its failed and IMHO it's downright dangerous, especially to male children. I will not boost as I have now gotten covid. I will not boost because the so called vaccine has been evaded by the disease its designed to protect against. I will not comply with vaxports or mandates because the gov's power ends at my bodily autonomy. Vaccines work to protect the individual, always have and always will. And finally, I will not allow my logic to be corrupted the illogical wave of :bs: coming from the left on this issue, all of whom seems to have forgotten fucking basic high school level biology class.
:science:
:micdrop: :micdrop: :micdrop:
:micdrop: :fax: :micdrop:
brain go brrrrrr
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:12 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:13 pm

Yeah, go walk on eggshells, because my presence commands you to.
Yea, you had to call in reinforcements to the thread from a guy that makes a post like every other day on average in December. :pftch:
Yes, he called me up and asked for help and I decided to bring the artillery by making a comment about French toast.
Bingo. Nailed it in one shot.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:37 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:12 pm

Yea, you had to call in reinforcements to the thread from a guy that makes a post like every other day on average in December. :pftch:
Yes, he called me up and asked for help and I decided to bring the artillery by making a comment about French toast.
Bingo. Nailed it in one shot.
:lol: So where is the french toast?
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:31 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:26 pm

The work sitch should be okay, I can do a lot from my home office and send people in for me to get by. With a covid test showing positive, the quarantine period is ten days from the date of testing. That gets us to the 23rd with room to spare to have a normal Christmas. Nobody is allowed to move a finger off the property at this point.
I guess the bright side is it should all be worked through by Christmas? And hopefully being forced to sit at home makes for a slightly more relaxed holiday environment?
:tits: is elated that all our XMas plans/party things are canceled :lol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:35 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:26 pm

:notwrong: on the bolded Zack, I learned a lot from our collective experiences. This is a fun and productive group of guys, and I appreciate the input. I still need to make big decisions in the near future regarding the vaccine, and no I'm not talking about easy access to Appleby's. Fuck Appleby's, that place sucks anyways. My decisions WILL impact my financial well being and/or possibly my long-term health. Yes, I want to know why vaccines are a good choice and a bad choice, and yes I want to know how y'all faired taking them. If someone comes here preaching absolute gospel then I'm in no mood to take it seriously. On one end, Brad is very much in protest of Vaccines (fuck that poison), and Troy was very much in favor of them (just get the shot). Hearing both POV is excellent, but no survival stats will make up my mind concretely, because the answer isn't ever black and white on an individual basis. Societally, I feel that it is beneficial to have and distribute vaccines, how it is done can be debated as well. I'm pretty pissed off that I will essentially get fucked if I don't get a second shot, and a third, fourth, etc., something needs to give before then.

We have a ton of information about covid and vaccines. Both have ill consequences, mild or severe. A vaccine can kill a person, and has many times. Guess what, same is true for the 'VID. Share away, that's how a convo works, but the smarter person considers both side of the coin.
Yes sir, you are indeed correct. As is Zil; you clearly came here to discuss this. My comment came from the common position of mandates, vaxports, etc. that the Covid Carens seem to universally have, and we have definitely established [user not found] as a Covid Caren.

Recall, I have been vaccinated. I'm not anti vax. I am anti 'gov memaw making me' do shit. Medical decisions should be between patients and Drs, full stop, period, end of discussion.

Now personally there was no way in hell I was going to participate in the mass mRNA experiment. Its failed and IMHO it's downright dangerous, especially to male children. I will not boost as I have now gotten covid. I will not boost because the so called vaccine has been evaded by the disease its designed to protect against. I will not comply with vaxports or mandates because the gov's power ends at my bodily autonomy. Vaccines work to protect the individual, always have and always will. And finally, I will not allow my logic to be corrupted the illogical wave of :bs: coming from the left on this issue, all of whom seems to have forgotten fucking basic high school level biology class.
:science:
:micdrop: :fax: :micdrop:
It's much worse here, also in Greece old fucks get fined $114/day for every day they aren't vaccinated yet. It might get worse.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:31 pm
I guess the bright side is it should all be worked through by Christmas? And hopefully being forced to sit at home makes for a slightly more relaxed holiday environment?
Wife and I bailed on a Xmas party last night because of work issues. Felt great.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:08 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:52 pm

Wife and I bailed on a Xmas party last night because of work issues. Felt great.
:fuckyeah: ! Side note, our entire health care reporting center is crumbling under the massive influx of new cases. Our community is doing it's own contact tracing and due diligence like 5 days before Health Canada can even get back to us. I wouldn't be entertaining plans to join any gathering RN if I had a choice.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, the name calling is childish... :whocares:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

@Brad I think almost everyone on this site is fairly worn down by the Covid war zone. People are just going to do whatever the fuck they think is right from a vaccine, social interaction, and .gov overreach standpoint. Rather than just making a strafing run, pull up a chair and stay a while. Interested in how your Knoxville sitch has worked out.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Eggshells. Lulz.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:29 pm @Brad I think almost everyone on this site is fairly worn down by the Covid war zone. People are just going to do whatever the fuck they think is right from a vaccine, social interaction, and .gov overreach standpoint. Rather than just making a strafing run, pull up a chair and stay a while. Interested in how your Knoxville sitch has worked out.
:notwrong:

Whatever on the ‘VID argument, it’s gotten old, :aintcare:

I noticed people at the gym were unvaxxed and I didn’t have to accept a waiver on my phone to check in, so it seems like the mask mandate here must have been lifted. Interesting time to do so :notsure: :lolol: :popcorn:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

group hug everyone :)

ninja edit: would a group hug be considered a super-spreader event?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Come over for a beer, we could Netflix and chill Rudy :hubba:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:13 am Come over for a beer, we could Netflix and chill Rudy :hubba:
I want your antibodies in me
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:29 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:13 am Come over for a beer, we could Netflix and chill Rudy :hubba:
I want your antibodies in me
:jizz:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:29 pm @Brad I think almost everyone on this site is fairly worn down by the Covid war zone. People are just going to do whatever the fuck they think is right from a vaccine, social interaction, and .gov overreach standpoint. Rather than just making a strafing run, pull up a chair and stay a while. Interested in how your Knoxville sitch has worked out.
I guess as a christmas gift to you I will do an update this week or next as it's the 'slow time' at work. We are in reality very busy, but you know how the holiday weeks go.
[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:14 pm For whatever it’s worth (nothing), I think mask mandates for restaurants and bars are asinine.

You know what you’re getting into.

That's an awfully godaym reasonable position for once. :csb:
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Looks like we have the Omicron variant. Wife unit is feeling super crumby, I'm still just sore throat and a touch achy (like 2/10 levels), my older kid who caught it first is over the hump on everything except a lingering cough, and the younger kid is in the thick of it now and a couple days behind his brother. I did have my last vaccine in a couple of months ago so that may have keep my symptoms at bay :iono: , but I'm also drinking more water than everyone else, taking a natural blood thinner which I was using to prep for the second shot.

Numerous kids in my son's class play hockey, and a tournament breakout has hit numerous classrooms in every school in town.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/tra ... d=msedgntp

Get ready for the shitshow,
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:09 am
I guess as a christmas gift to you I will do an update this week or next as it's the 'slow time' at work. We are in reality very busy, but you know how the holiday weeks go.

:like:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:37 am Looks like we have the Omicron variant. Wife unit is feeling super crumby, I'm still just sore throat and a touch achy (like 2/10 levels), my older kid who caught it first is over the hump on everything except a lingering cough, and the younger kid is in the thick of it now and a couple days behind his brother. I did have my last vaccine in a couple of months ago so that may have keep my symptoms at bay :iono: , but I'm also drinking more water than everyone else, taking a natural blood thinner which I was using to prep for the second shot.

Numerous kids in my son's class play hockey, and a tournament breakout has hit numerous classrooms in every school in town.

Speedy recovery my dude. Listen to JRE 1747 that just came out, dr has some good early treatment advice with OTC stuff like betadine. Vitamins and rest. Remember, 99.99% survival rate. Hope yall have a speedy recovery. If you or your wife's pulse ox starts to drop get to the urgent care and get the monoclinal antibodies STAT.

Its a variant thats so dangerous and spread so quickly that *checks notes* one person worldwide has succumbed in the month since it's been identified.
December 13 2021: Omicron variant news - CNNhttps://www.cnn.com › world › live-news › omicron-co...
5 hours ago — The UK has confirmed its first death from the Omicron coronavirus variant as scientists race to determine how dangerous it is.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:40 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:37 am Looks like we have the Omicron variant. Wife unit is feeling super crumby, I'm still just sore throat and a touch achy (like 2/10 levels), my older kid who caught it first is over the hump on everything except a lingering cough, and the younger kid is in the thick of it now and a couple days behind his brother. I did have my last vaccine in a couple of months ago so that may have keep my symptoms at bay :iono: , but I'm also drinking more water than everyone else, taking a natural blood thinner which I was using to prep for the second shot.

Speedy recovery my dude. Listen to JRE 1747 that just came out, dr has some good early treatment advice with OTC stuff like betadine. Vitamins and rest. Remember, 99.99% survival rate. Hope yall have a speedy recovery. If you or your wife's pulse ox starts to drop get to the urgent care and get the monoclinal antibodies STAT.

Its a variant thats so dangerous and spread so quickly that *checks notes* one person worldwide has succumbed in the month since it's been identified.
December 13 2021: Omicron variant news - CNNhttps://www.cnn.com › world › live-news › omicron-co...
5 hours ago — The UK has confirmed its first death from the Omicron coronavirus variant as scientists race to determine how dangerous it is.
It feels about as dangerous as the stats imply. TBH, we are already on the recovery upswing here. It is different from the flu, but not a far stretch. I'd say that the main difference is that the VID hits more than one thing, stomach, heart, lungs, throat, head and sinus.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

https://amzn.to/3s5dkI6

PANDEMIA IS NOW $2.99 ON KINDLE!
Alex Berenson

I just finished it, bought it for full clap when it came out. It's a really great read for a nonfiction book because it tells a story. Alex brilliantly points out the hypocrisy of world governments in their covid response.

If I can suffer through reading that drivel Al fuck-face Gore wrote in an inconvenient truth to 'balance' my view on an issue that didn't pass my sniff test, you can forgo your morning coffee (or make it at home) and do the same. Who knows, you might learn something. All sources are cited, overwhelmingly from publicly available government data.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

https://metatron.substack.com/p/covid-v ... xmJ726Ln-A

r squared of 0.0 yikes. I guess that's what 'working' means to the left. As it's clearly not.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Both kids are over the hump, one is left with a mild sore throat, and the other one has a cough. Wife and I feel like ahit, if I could shake the headache I'd be 90% better.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:39 am Both kids are over the hump, one is left with a mild sore throat, and the other one has a cough. Wife and I feel like ahit, if I could shake the headache I'd be 90% better.
Good news about the spawn! Hope you and :tits: feel better soon. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:39 am Both kids are over the hump, one is left with a mild sore throat, and the other one has a cough. Wife and I feel like ahit, if I could shake the headache I'd be 90% better.
Hope you both feel better soon!