OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:54 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:52 pm

It really isn't equitable since the J&J was tested against some of the mutated strains whereas the other two weren't because those strains didn't exist yet.

Also, there are very few places where you get to choose which shot you want.
You show up, if they say they are doing X and you want Y you go EF you and leave. There is ALWAYS a choice.
That is such a retarded approach. Now you're the asshole who took an appointment slot from someone else who would have happily gotten whatever vaccine they could get, and now you've just opened up the possibility of that dose going to waste simply because you decided to walk away at the last second.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:05 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:54 pm

You show up, if they say they are doing X and you want Y you go EF you and leave. There is ALWAYS a choice.
That is such a retarded approach. Now you're the asshole who took an appointment slot from someone else who would have happily gotten whatever vaccine they could get, and now you've just opened up the possibility of that dose going to waste simply because you decided to walk away at the last second.
It is what it is. Or you can wait until you know for sure which one you're getting, which is my approach. This country purchased enough vaccines to go through every single person 2x. So the choice is there.
Huckleberry

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:10 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:05 pm

It is what it is. Or you can wait until you know for sure which one you're getting, which is my approach. This country purchased enough vaccines to go through every single person 2x. So the choice is there.
Sure, and run the risk of contracting the virus while you play the waiting game, and also run the risk of helping a strain mutate into a variant where the vaccine is no longer effective. Because the South African version is dropping the efficacy of Pfizer's and Moderna's cocktails drastically.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:11 pm Updating to add Devilchrono.

SECOND DOSE ONLY (or DOSE for J&J)

Moderna:
5 total.
3 peeps with zero to very minimal reactions
2 with fatigue, soreness, and significant body aches beginning the evening of the 2nd shot and progressing to the point where one didn't come into work and the other one left early (these are both coworkers).

Pfizer:
14 total.
3 zero reaction.
7 minimal to moderate (headache, fatigue) I include myself, Griff, Zilch, and :melon: here. I never had a headache yet, but did feel a bit fatigued the morning after.
2 fairly bad, 1 starting with elevated heart rate and progressing the next day to a full day of extreme fatigue, significant body pain, cold sweats, headache. Totally fine by the third day. 1 with fatigue, nausea, muscle and full body aches that night into the next day. Fine by the day after that.
1 (bossbro) VERY BAD. Got it Monday morning, didn't come back to work. Came in Tuesday but left early feeling very fatigued, achy, etc. Stayed home yesterday and today so far.
1 needed 1 day off feeling fatigued and some soreness. Came back to work second day mostly fine.

One-and-done J&J:
2 total.
1 with extreme fatigue for almost 24 hours (described as like being on Nyquil all day). Came back to work the next day. 1 (our own Huckleberry) with chills and fever.
Just shared this with my coworker who is a bit apprehensive about the vaccine. Thanks for keeping this up :mahman:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:23 pm
wap wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:11 pm Updating to add Devilchrono.

SECOND DOSE ONLY (or DOSE for J&J)

Moderna:
5 total.
3 peeps with zero to very minimal reactions
2 with fatigue, soreness, and significant body aches beginning the evening of the 2nd shot and progressing to the point where one didn't come into work and the other one left early (these are both coworkers).

Pfizer:
14 total.
3 zero reaction.
7 minimal to moderate (headache, fatigue) I include myself, Griff, Zilch, and :melon: here. I never had a headache yet, but did feel a bit fatigued the morning after.
2 fairly bad, 1 starting with elevated heart rate and progressing the next day to a full day of extreme fatigue, significant body pain, cold sweats, headache. Totally fine by the third day. 1 with fatigue, nausea, muscle and full body aches that night into the next day. Fine by the day after that.
1 (bossbro) VERY BAD. Got it Monday morning, didn't come back to work. Came in Tuesday but left early feeling very fatigued, achy, etc. Stayed home yesterday and today so far.
1 needed 1 day off feeling fatigued and some soreness. Came back to work second day mostly fine.

One-and-done J&J:
2 total.
1 with extreme fatigue for almost 24 hours (described as like being on Nyquil all day). Came back to work the next day. 1 (our own Huckleberry) with chills and fever.
Just shared this with my coworker who is a bit apprehensive about the vaccine. Thanks for keeping this up :mahman:
:neat:
Glad it was useful!

I find it interesting, for :science:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Took this picture today. Unfortunately didn't get close enough to ask him where he got it.

wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:57 pm Took this picture today. Unfortunately didn't get close enough to ask him where he got it.

:wtf: :lolol:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:57 pm Took this picture today. Unfortunately didn't get close enough to ask him where he got it.

Wonder which vaccine he got
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

razr390 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:22 pm

ASStraZeneca, of course :jackass:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:33 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:11 am Instances where persons got COVID despite having the vaccine, the symptoms were never needing hospitalization.
That was during the Pfizer study,
Yeah, Pfizer is a different boat.

J&J... this dude is in the ICU.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/04/ ... ccine.html
https://www.foxnews.com/health/health-a ... on-vaccine

And this woman is fucking dead.
wap

Irish wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:33 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:22 pm

ASStraZeneca, of course :jackass:
:iswydt:
max225

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

I got the J&J shot last Sunday.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:37 am I got the J&J shot last Sunday.
:pouroneout:

It was nice knowing you.
wap

:doomed:
Huckleberry

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Finally, some fucking content on this site.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

Just made an appointment to get my first Pfizer vaccine tomorrow. Never been so excited to get a shot!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

HerrBerlin wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:34 pm Just made an appointment to get my first Pfizer vaccine tomorrow. Never been so excited to get a shot!
Nice! I'm getting my first Moderna poke tomorrow too! Agreed I've never been excited for a shot until now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

:fuckyeah: for both you guys!
The actual poke was surprisingly not painful. I'm a total :pussy: when it comes to needles and I barely felt either shot. I was :mindblown:
Huckleberry

wap wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:58 pm :fuckyeah: for both you guys!
The actual poke was surprisingly not painful. I'm a total :pussy: when it comes to needles and I barely felt either shot. I was :mindblown:
The trick is to look the shot administrator in the eye as they insert the needle and whisper, "Deeper."
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:08 pm
The trick is to look the shot administrator in the eye as they insert the needle and whisper, "Deeper."
:lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I get a flu shot every year, so I'm used to it. I just look at the floor until it's over, usually don't even feel it really.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:49 pm
I get a flu shot every year, so I'm used to it. I just look at the floor until it's over, usually don't even feel it really.
Same.

I hate needles.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I actually questioned the pharmacist because I thought he missed somehow. But the arm pain the next day illustrated that I had definatly gotten it.

Speaking off arm pain, my opposite arm has been hurting for a few weeks now and is weakened. Feels like a form of arthritis in my elbow and shoulder. Neither of my parents had it at my age and I am starting to wonder whether it is a side effect of the damn vaccine.