OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Moderna shot #1 coming at me on Thursday.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

U.S. Calls for Pause on Johnson & Johnson Vaccine After Clotting Cases

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/13/us/p ... a-cdc.html
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:46 am
Huckleberry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:01 pm

Patient zero was fired.

On top of that, two vendors have sent emails letting me know that they have COVID. It's weird because overall, the number of cases are down, but this is the most I've knowingly been surrounded by it. Good thing I got the J&J shot two weeks ago. Now, I'm just standing in the middle of this shit like:
Not to stir up the bees, but a dude in NJ just tested positive despite getting the J&J vaxxy vaxx.
It's always a possibility with any vaccine. Apparently a South African variant of the virus has the potential to skirt the Pfizer shot.

I'd be interested in hearing if these breakthrough infections were with people who had minimal side effects from the dose.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Instances where persons got COVID despite having the vaccine, the symptoms were never needing hospitalization.
That was during the Pfizer study,
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:11 am Instances where persons got COVID despite having the vaccine, the symptoms were never needing hospitalization.
People misunderstand what the vaccine does. It doesn't necessarily prevent you from contracting the virus. But it's incredibly effective at making the virus little to no big deal if/when you get it. Sounds fine to me.

I'm actually :excited: to get my first poke on Thursday. I forgot how much I miss travelling around ZFG.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I just watched the breaking news on J&J on one of the morning shows, Fucking fear mongers. 6 out of 6 million people got blood clots that have not been conclusively tied to the vaccine. 1 in a million...shouldn't even be news....

Now no one will want to get it, people will be cancelling and people that didn't have to will sicken and sometimes die.....
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Irish wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:30 am I just watched the breaking news on J&J on one of the morning shows, Fucking fear mongers. 6 out of 6 million people got blood clots that have not been conclusively tied to the vaccine. 1 in a million...shouldn't even be news....

Now no one will want to get it, people will be cancelling and people that didn't have to will sicken and sometimes die.....
Don't believe those stats, my wife had the same sentiment when they shut down AstraZenega in Europe and now Canada too. Week one .gov was like, we ain't shutting down the brand, there are only 1:8,000,000 cases so we Relax and Carry On, then two weeks later we shut it down with new stats closer to 1:100,000. Same issue, blood clotting causing major damage to the brain and other vital organs.

Km not at all anti-vax, just watching closely. Currently we switched over to Pfizer only, if there's any value in knowing.

The news be like..

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:45 am
Irish wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:30 am I just watched the breaking news on J&J on one of the morning shows, Fucking fear mongers. 6 out of 6 million people got blood clots that have not been conclusively tied to the vaccine. 1 in a million...shouldn't even be news....

Don't believe those stats, my wife had the same sentiment when they shut down AstraZenega in Europe and now Canada too. Week one .gov was like, we ain't shutting down the brand, there are only 1:8,000,000 cases so we Relax and Carry On, then two weeks later we shut it down with new stats closer to 1:100,000. Same issue, blood clotting causing major damage to the brain and other vital organs.

Km not at all anti-vax, just watching closely. Currently we switched over to Pfizer only, if there's any value in knowing.

The news be like..

:dat: if they are stopping it it’s not fear mongering there is real shit that is likely way worse than you’re being told. I wouldn’t touch JJ with a 10 ft pole at this point
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:14 am :dat: if they are stopping it it’s not fear mongering there is real shit that is likely way worse than you’re being told. I wouldn’t touch JJ with a 10 ft pole at this point
Keep that J&J shit away from me.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/30/mans-skin ... covid-vax/

I'm scheduled for my second Pfizer shot on 4/21. :doomed:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:24 am
Melon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:11 am Instances where persons got COVID despite having the vaccine, the symptoms were never needing hospitalization.
People misunderstand what the vaccine does. It doesn't necessarily prevent you from contracting the virus. But it's incredibly effective at making the virus little to no big deal if/when you get it. Sounds fine to me.

I'm actually :excited: to get my first poke on Thursday. I forgot how much I miss travelling around ZFG.
:dat:
And it virtually eliminates the chance of dying from it, too. Sounds fine, indeed.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Probably a similar percentage to the general population that gets thrombosis.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I trust the blue pill makers more than the other meth cooks.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I am not saying that there isn't a risk...just that the news will always sensationalize shit like this.....

6 in 6 million got blood clots ........ Ok..... But

570,000 people that otherwise would have gotten Covid didnt and 10,000 that would have died, didn't
max225

Irish wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:51 am I am not saying that there isn't a risk...just that the news will always sensationalize shit like this.....

570,000 people that otherwise would have gotten Covid didnt and 10,000 that would have died, didn't
Same goes for covid. The people that officially got the clots were women aged 18-49. Not exactly peak covid death category
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Irish wrote:I am not saying that there isn't a risk...just that the news will always sensationalize shit like this.....

It's almost like they don't want it to end.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:33 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:24 am

And it virtually eliminates the chance of dying from it, too. Sounds fine, indeed.
Yep.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:36 am I trust the blue pill makers more than the other meth cooks.
You don't really get a choice :doe:

I'm getting Moderna...and it's either that or continuing to check for appointments and hope it's something else. The appointment systems are less than great.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:27 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:36 am I trust the blue pill makers more than the other meth cooks.

I'm getting Moderna...and it's either that or continuing to check for appointments and hope it's something else. The appointment systems are less than great.
I dunno man, around here you kind of do. You can choose where to sign up to get your vaccine around me and the sites tell you which vaccine(s) they have. I'm getting mine through CVS and they were clear they were giving out Pfizer, so I jumped on it. Anecdotally it seems to be the one with the fewest side effects and also one of the two most effective. :iono: Team Pfizer, baby.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Irish wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:34 pm
Calvinball wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:42 pm

Well, there’s three of em now :aintcare:
Wow, congrats man!!!!
Thanks!
:therapist:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

wap wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:34 pm
Calvinball wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:42 pm

Well, there’s three of em now :aintcare:
:ohdang:
3 :baby: 's will keep a :therapist: busy I suppose. :lol:
Does :[user not found]: still exist, or has he been dismantled and sold for scrap?
That’s his secret. He was always scrap.
:therapist:
wap

Calvinball wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:17 pm
wap wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:34 pm

:ohdang:
3 :baby: 's will keep a :therapist: busy I suppose. :lol:
Does :[user not found]: still exist, or has he been dismantled and sold for scrap?
That’s his secret. He was always scrap.
:lol:
Hope he makes an appearance here soon.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:11 am
Irish wrote:I am not saying that there isn't a risk...just that the news will always sensationalize shit like this.....

It's almost like they don't want it to end.

We have a choice of 3 vaccines. Might as well pick the cancer cocktail with the least side effects. I don't see how that's even something that is being argued.
Lowest efficacy, FDA hold, more side effects. I don't see how not waiting another week or two for the right one would cause you more harm.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:30 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:27 am

I dunno man, around here you kind of do. You can choose where to sign up to get your vaccine around me and the sites tell you which vaccine(s) they have. I'm getting mine through CVS and they were clear they were giving out Pfizer, so I jumped on it. Anecdotally it seems to be the one with the fewest side effects and also one of the two most effective. :iono: Team Pfizer, baby.
Not the case here, you basically get what you get.

I have been volunteering every week at the vax clinic and I see multiple people :rage: over which shot they're getting every time. They don't know until they walk in the door of the clinic.

That said, it seems like the Pfizer supply is significantly higher...
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:11 am It's almost like they don't want it to end.

We have a choice of 3 vaccines. Might as well pick the cancer cocktail with the least side effects. I don't see how that's even something that is being argued.
Lowest efficacy, FDA hold, more side effects. I don't see how not waiting another week or two for the right one would cause you more harm.
It really isn't equitable since the J&J was tested against some of the mutated strains whereas the other two weren't because those strains didn't exist yet.

Also, there are very few places where you get to choose which shot you want.
max225

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:52 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 pm

It really isn't equitable since the J&J was tested against some of the mutated strains whereas the other two weren't because those strains didn't exist yet.

Also, there are very few places where you get to choose which shot you want.
You show up, if they say they are doing X and you want Y you go EF you and leave. There is ALWAYS a choice.