OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Weddings are overrated anyway.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:54 am Weddings are overrated anyway.
Real talk here.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

wap wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:24 am
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:32 am Got actual confirmation from my one sister that she won't be attending our wedding reception in September because we are requiring guests to be vaccinated to attend. My other sister just won't talk to us at all.
:facepalm:

You're not asking for anything unreasonable, unless they have a legit medical issue that prevents them from getting the vaccine, like an allergy or something.
Nope. They've both just hopped on the conspiracy train.
Huckleberry

I agree.

The ceremony was last summer and was small. This is literally the afterparty with food, drinks, and music.
Huckleberry

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:40 am
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:32 am Got actual confirmation from my one sister that she won't be attending our wedding reception in September because we are requiring guests to be vaccinated to attend. My other sister just won't talk to us at all.
My sister did same thing.
:aintcare: can’t force people
No, but my sisters are grudge-holding motherfuckers who will never forgive me for not allowing them to come to the reception, even though it was their decision not to attend.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:01 am

No, but my sisters are grudge-holding motherfuckers who will never forgive me for not allowing them to come to the reception, even though it was their decision not to attend.
:impressive:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:notwrong: :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:55 am
wap wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:24 am

:facepalm:

You're not asking for anything unreasonable, unless they have a legit medical issue that prevents them from getting the vaccine, like an allergy or something.
Nope. They've both just hopped on the conspiracy train.
:rolleyes:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Sounds like you’re about to lose a sister. It is what it is. Family is over rated as well. I cut off my dad a while back. If you can’t get along no need to force it
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:12 pm

Sounds like you’re about to lose a sister. It is what it is. Family is over rated as well. I cut off my dad a while back. If you can’t get along no need to force it
Yep. I don't really subscribe to blood uber alles either, but I am adopted, lol. My family also lives 1300 miles away, so it is EZ to be cordial. That said I really respect my sister a lot, like my brother in law, and my mom is super low maintenance. She lives about 2 miles from my sister but desires notta lotta interaction.....maybe a dinner every other weekend.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:Weddings are overrated anyway.
I'll be the first to admit that mine was way better than I expected it to be, but still nowhere near worth the insane cost - even though WE DIDN'T HIRE A PLANNER, SNO!
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:05 pm
Apex wrote:Weddings are overrated anyway.
I'll be the first to admit that mine was way better than I expected it to be, but still nowhere near worth the insane cost - even though WE DIDN'T HIRE A PLANNER, SNO!
I did mine in the backyard.

:aintcare:
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

We almost immediately wished we had the $30K (in 1996 money) back. I have been to firehall weddings, costing hundreds, that were just as fun, maybe more, because they were looser and local.
Last edited by Irish on Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

My wedding was really fun and something to always remember. Was it worth all of the drama, energy, and expense? I don't know. I certainly don't regret it, but wouldn't exactly recommend it either? It's a pretty cool feeling to have most everyone you care about all in a room together at once, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and that was pretty dope. We had a lot of fun as did many others.

I love attending friend's weddings, if it's not your own family, it's just a no strings attached party and excuse for a weekend away somewhere.

Personally, I would let the sisters come, if they get COVID, they get COVID, all of the non-conspiracy people will be fine. The only caveat is if you have kids, people with medical conditions, etc. in attendance who can't be vaccinated, then it's a bit more challenging.

I am at a point where I don't really GAF what others decide to do, by all indications, the vaccines work better than anyone could've hoped for at protecting those who received them... so your body, your choice, :aintcare:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Time for some vaccine update here in Turkey, the top 2 popular ones are the jhinese and bioNtech (basically pfizer).

My friends who are in 30's and above, most of them got BioNtech, my uncle etc. I have an appointment for tomorrow :excited: and my 2nd dose in august 3rd. Once eligibility for ages drop to 40-35, literally almost half the istanbul got vaccinated.

Some of my friends turned out fine, some had a slight pain in the arm and they had to relax as their jobs offered paid 2 day vacays followed by it. I scheduled mine on Tuesday cause things are not overwhelming with work after monday as I try to get done as much as I can.

Will update tomorrow morning and I plan to lay low for rest for the next couple of days.

As for chinese, my dad got the vaccine and it went fine for him, he got tired very easily for the next 2 days of his second dose. My mom is anti-vaxxer :doe:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:13 pm My wedding was really fun and something to always remember. Was it worth all of the drama, energy, and expense? I don't know. I certainly don't regret it, but wouldn't exactly recommend it either? It's a pretty cool feeling to have most everyone you care about all in a room together at once, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and that was pretty dope. We had a lot of fun as did many others.

I love attending friend's weddings, if it's not your own family, it's just a no strings attached party and excuse for a weekend away somewhere.

Personally, I would let the sisters come, if they get COVID, they get COVID, all of the non-conspiracy people will be fine. The only caveat is if you have kids, people with medical conditions, etc. in attendance who can't be vaccinated, then it's a bit more challenging.

I am at a point where I don't really GAF what others decide to do, by all indications, the vaccines work better than anyone could've hoped for at protecting those who received them... so your body, your choice, :aintcare:
As long as most people are vaccinated, and seeing the case numbers state by state, I don't see why they wouldn't continue to be " :aintcare: ". I stopped wearing masks outside (hell always when theres no one around me) when cops are now :aintcare: here, though I will put it on when I'm with bunch of people surrounded around me and so I won't get shit from them. But we still have a sunday lockdown (which again it is almost no different during the first wave where we just closed retail stores, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. so I can still walk around) which our pres is :aintcare: based on we should re-open now. Our numbers are records low right now anyway and I still see karens rocking gloves and masks alone in the car, when right now chances to get it is very unlikely.

One of my close friends had to cancel our plan cause his serious gf and his parents just caught the rona, so he had to quarantine. But seeing how it help drop the numbers, soon enough we will see almost no covid here.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Full update on post 1st dose, after 48 hours.

The day I got it, first off, it is thinnest needle I ever got from any sort of vaccine I received in my life.

I definitely felt some "pain" but doesn't really hurt, basically I could tell I got a needle in my arm. The pain does escalate a bit when I do a lot of arm movement and carry a decent amount of weight. Also my left fingers were slightly tingling almost the whole day. That summed it up for the first day.

2nd day, the pain felt less but it's, I felt some loss of energy from regular movement, like walking. Got a little nauseous, almost like a slight hangover for a good hour or 2 (which is expected). Then I gradually got better from both the arm pain and the headache.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Also Turkey has announced that starting tomorrow, anyone 18 and over will be eligible to be vaccinated. Once the 70% of the entire population the country will get vaccinated, no. more. masks. :excited: But i'll probably be back by time time. We're almost re-opening, except for bar curfews. Id say its :fuckyeah: if you're not a party animal.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:56 pm Also Turkey has announced that starting tomorrow, anyone 18 and over will be eligible to be vaccinated. Once the 70% of the entire population the country will get vaccinated, no. more. masks. :excited: But i'll probably be back by time time. We're almost re-opening, except for bar curfews. Id say its :fuckyeah: if you're not a party animal.
:nice:

The old USofA is full send now.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:30 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:56 pm Also Turkey has announced that starting tomorrow, anyone 18 and over will be eligible to be vaccinated. Once the 70% of the entire population the country will get vaccinated, no. more. masks. :excited: But i'll probably be back by time time. We're almost re-opening, except for bar curfews. Id say its :fuckyeah: if you're not a party animal.

We went to full send fast. :thisisfine:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:42 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:30 pm

15k cases daily and ain’t nobody giving two fucks …
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:05 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:42 am
I thought the new regime was more caring and sensitive to the lives lost then the old regime of tyrants who allowed "200k" deaths to happen under their tyrannical watch. Politicians playing games as always, and the public laps it up, as always.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:04 pm

I thought the new regime was more caring and sensitive to the lives lost then the old regime of tyrants who allowed "200k" deaths to happen under their tyrannical watch. Politicians playing games as always, and the public laps it up, as always.
Tyrants gonna tyrant.
max225

Yep … I hate those guys.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:06 pm

Yep … I hate those guys.
:dat: They all suck. I feel like this is more about politics than anything else, and people are going to die as a result. Just incredible.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.