OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

2nd one done a little over an hour ago, NBD but that's how the first one was. We'll see how I'm doing tonight.

More shocking was how dead it was. Recognized some other people that got it at the same time 3 weeks ago (they just automatically set up an appt for the 2nd 3 weeks later), but there were probably 15 nurses administering shots, and maybe 5 were actively doing anything when we checked in. Nobody else was in line. I made some small talk with the lady that jabbed me and she said it's been really quiet like that for the last week or so and that they were going to start cutting down nurses. She didn't know what was going to happen to the unused vaccines. Our local area is supposedly ~40% vaccinated and not forecast to go up much, and I believe it...that's really sad.

We're never going to beat this thing at this rate. I'm amazed.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

It's every man for himself at this point.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:09 pm 2nd one done a little over an hour ago, NBD but that's how the first one was. We'll see how I'm doing tonight.

More shocking was how dead it was. Recognized some other people that got it at the same time 3 weeks ago (they just automatically set up an appt for the 2nd 3 weeks later), but there were probably 15 nurses administering shots, and maybe 5 were actively doing anything when we checked in. Nobody else was in line. I made some small talk with the lady that jabbed me and she said it's been really quiet like that for the last week or so and that they were going to start cutting down nurses. She didn't know what was going to happen to the unused vaccines. Our local area is supposedly ~40% vaccinated and not forecast to go up much, and I believe it...that's really sad.

99.8% survival rate doe. A lot of people aren’t concerned about it.

It’ll be over when it decides to be over.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:2nd one done a little over an hour ago, NBD but that's how the first one was. We'll see how I'm doing tonight.

:thankstrump:

The whole past year was all for nothing. Apparently we're just going to be NFG until some kind of plague wipes us out. Hopefully it takes another 50 years before it gets really bad.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:09 pm 2nd one done a little over an hour ago, NBD but that's how the first one was. We'll see how I'm doing tonight.

I get that people aren't concerned about dying, admittedly I wasn't/aren't either. What motivated me to get vaccinated was while you may survive...what's your quality of life after surviving? What possible respiratory issues may end up being chronic and impacting overall well being? I don't want to just survive through life, I want to thrive, otherwise I'll just jump in the bay and end it now.

But people should be free to make their own choices and deal with the consequences now that vaccines are available. Lockdowns and shit made some sense when there was zero protection. Now there is protection, so let people protect themselves if they want and let it go. I'm just :| because I live in a state where the .gov is going to keep these restrictions in place until vaccine rates go up or the virus somehow disappears, both won't happen.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:| :| :|
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:31 pm

I get that people aren't concerned about dying, admittedly I wasn't/aren't either. What motivated me to get vaccinated was while you may survive...what's your quality of life after surviving? What possible respiratory issues may end up being chronic and impacting overall well being? I don't want to just survive through life, I want to thrive, otherwise I'll just jump in the bay and end it now.

But people should be free to make their own choices and deal with the consequences now that vaccines are available. Lockdowns and shit made some sense when there was zero protection. Now there is protection, so let people protect themselves if they want and let it go. I'm just :| because I live in a state where the .gov is going to keep these restrictions in place until vaccine rates go up or the virus somehow disappears, both won't happen.
I hear ya.
This is the one time I’m :jelly: of Florida.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:23 pm
Detroit wrote:2nd one done a little over an hour ago, NBD but that's how the first one was. We'll see how I'm doing tonight.

:thankstrump:

The whole past year was all for nothing. Apparently we're just going to be NFG until some kind of plague wipes us out. Hopefully it takes another 50 years before it gets really bad.
The past year got us to the point where people who care can protect themselves now. That's good. I say just let nature take it's course now that vaccines are starting to go to waste.
wap

:dat:
There are too many instances of chronic lung and organ damage post "recovery". So yeah, while you may have survived the 'vid, the consequences certainly aren't in the past for some people. Additionally, why would you want to potentially be a carrier and pass it on to someone who may not survive? Plus, the longer the virus is allowed to survive and spread, the more likely it is to mutate into a variant that is more resistant to vaccines or one's immune system.
:iono: :wtf: the answer is :doe:
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:23 pm :thankstrump:

The past year got us to the point where people who care can protect themselves now. That's good. I say just let nature take it's course now that vaccines are starting to go to waste.
The stupid fuckers who won't get vaccinated are going to generate resistant variants. We can't protect ourselves from morans, they will wipe us out one way or another.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:39 pm
Detroit wrote: The past year got us to the point where people who care can protect themselves now. That's good. I say just let nature take it's course now that vaccines are starting to go to waste.
The stupid fuckers who won't get vaccinated are going to generate resistant variants. We can't protect ourselves from morans, they will wipe us out one way or another.
:dat: :rage:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Yup, every man for himself.
It sucks, but it's the reality.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:38 pm

There are too many instances of chronic lung and organ damage post "recovery". So yeah, while you may have survived the 'vid, the consequences certainly aren't in the past for some people. Additionally, why would you want to potentially be a carrier and pass it on to someone who may not survive? Plus, the longer the virus is allowed to survive and spread, the more likely it is to mutate into a variant that is more resistant to vaccines or one's immune system.
Because most people don't care about others. Hell, I barely do. My vaccine motivation was 100% selfish because I'm not dealing with :bs: down the line. I only wear a mask so people don't :triggered: at me for not wearing one.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:39 pm
Detroit wrote: The past year got us to the point where people who care can protect themselves now. That's good. I say just let nature take it's course now that vaccines are starting to go to waste.
I'm anticipating annual booster shots. I already get a flu shot every year, so double it up :aintcare:

Eventually the :derp: will die off.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:44 pm Yup, every man for himself.
It sucks, but it's the reality.
Always has been, always will be.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

wap wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:38 pm :dat:
I don't want to pass it on to someone who may not survive, but I'm not going to live my life in a bubble forever because some people in my life are anti-vaxxers. My MIL is 66 and diabetic, for example, both of which put her at high risk, but she's been eligible to get the vaccine for months now and won't get it. I'm refuse to remove myself from society forever to keep her from possibly catching covid from us. The chances of us passing on an infection now both having had it and being fully vaccinated are extremely low, and that's just going to have to be good enough. :ohwell:

I'm going back to playing hockey, I'm going back to the gym, fuck it.
troyguitar

coogles wrote:
I don't want to pass it on to someone who may not survive, but I'm not going to live my life in a bubble forever because some people in my life are anti-vaxxers. My MIL is 66 and diabetic, for example, both of which put her at high risk, but she's been eligible to get the vaccine for months now and won't get it. I'm refuse to remove myself from society forever to keep her from possibly catching covid from us. The chances of us passing on an infection now both having had it and being fully vaccinated are extremely low, and that's just going to have to be good enough. :ohwell:

I did my part, now I'm going back to living. I'm still sad that so many people have not yet and apparently will never take it seriously.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:19 pm It's every man for himself at this point.
Dis. Since I've had zero problem watching this whole thing shake down I figure a few more months is NBD. I'm not traveling until September. I consider myself
incredibly fortunate in a number of VID management logistical issues.

1. No young crotchfruit to deal with, pandemic actually saved me $18K in college costs because online.
2. Moved away from my family, no demands that I attend little Jimmy's 5th birthday party.
3. Don't go to church because heathen scum.
4. Stopped going out to eat and drink, lost 10 lbs., and did not lose countless $$$$$ probably will never go back to my old ways. I knew how to cook before the Rona, the wife and I did not wonder how we were gonna make it w/o Taco Bell.
5. If I could get it from Jeff Bezos before the pandemic I did and certainly nothing changed there. Shopping sucks.
6. I consider movie theaters to be petri dishes B4 the Rona, I don't really like cinema, didn't care.

Missed the gym the most, I guess. In short, I embraced my inner introvert and I am "terrible for the economic recovery." I feel the sorriest for Mario, coogles and Calvin who had to deal with young cf issues. That would have sucked.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

coogles wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:58 pm

:word:
I totally get :aintcare: about helping/saving people who don't give a shit about helping/saving themselves.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Agree with you, the people who are scared of dying can get vaccinated. It's on them, the vaccines are available everywhere (except in Trudopia apparently)
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:03 pm
Melon wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:19 pm It's every man for himself at this point.
Dis. Since I've had zero problem watching this whole thing shake down I figure a few more months is NBD. I'm not traveling until September. I consider myself

1. No young crotchfruit to deal with, pandemic actually saved me $18K in college costs because online.
2. Moved away from my family, no demands that I attend little Jimmy's 5th birthday party.
4. Stopped going out to eat and drink, lost 10 lbs., and did not lose countless $$$$$ probably will never go back to my old ways. I knew how to cook before the Rona, the wife and I did not wonder how we were gonna make it w/o Taco Bell.
5. If I could get it from Jeff Bezos before the pandemic I did and certainly nothing changed there. Shopping sucks.
6. I consider movie theaters to be petri dishes B4 the Rona, I don't really like cinema, didn't care.

Missed the gym the most, I guess. In short, I embraced my inner introvert and I am "terrible for the economic recovery." I feel the sorriest for Mario, coogles and Calvin who had to deal with young cf issues. That would have sucked.
It sucks, but is awesome in it's own weird way. Plus at our age, we're not exactly high risk for death or irreparable damage. Besides, if we are worried, we can get vaccinated.

The hardest part really is the homeschooling while working full-time fucking jobs. Mine is high demand with good pay, and I really can't keep LARGE clients waiting for quick and high quality responses to their emergencies. I would love to see my boys grow up and do well in school, for that I need to be present. :sad:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:31 pm

I totally get :aintcare: about helping/saving people who don't give a shit about helping/saving themselves.
And that's the stage we're at now. People who care and don't want the virus got the vaccine or are in the process. There's zero excuse now, other than :derp:

The rest should be left to their own.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:31 pm

And that's the stage we're at now. People who care and don't want the virus got the vaccine or are in the process. There's zero excuse now, other than :derp:

The rest should be left to their own.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:49 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:03 pm

It sucks, but is awesome in it's own weird way. Plus at our age, we're not exactly high risk for death or irreparable damage. Besides, if we are worried, we can get vaccinated.

The hardest part really is the homeschooling while working full-time fucking jobs. Mine is high demand with good pay, and I really can't keep LARGE clients waiting for quick and high quality responses to their emergencies. I would love to see my boys grow up and do well in school, for that I need to be present. :sad:
This is what I was referring to. I actually got perfect timing on this as the last half of the last half senior year in hs was throwaway as all college apps already made. Our public school district floundered terribly in dealing with this. I would have strongly considered switching to private school had this been during an earlier year.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:57 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:49 pm

This is what I was referring to. I actually got perfect timing on this as the last half of the last half senior year in hs was throwaway as all college apps already made. Our public school district floundered terribly in dealing with this. I would have strongly considered switching to private school had this been during an earlier year.
Gotcha!
I'd consider private school as well, but my boys are 9 and 5, so paying 10k/yr each is :wasteful: at this age. I can do most of the backfilling for teachers who spend about 2 hrs/day online with a screen full of disinterested faces. There lies the blessing, kids at this age just need enthusiasm, the material is very basic. Hopefully it's not going to last much longer.