OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:19 pm Got the JnJ stab tonight. Wifey went to pick up some refills at CVS and the pharmacist asked if she wanted it, as it was the last one they had and needed to toss it if no one took it. Wifey came back home and mentioned this to me, so I walked across the street and got jabbed.
Oh dang!

I've heard of several people getting a shot on the fly.

One of my co workers took his wife to a drive thru vaccine place, and they askied him to roll down his window, and roll up his sleeve as well.

He got it because "Why not?" I think he got J&J as well.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:45 am :science:

As someone who has actually read a lot of journal articles, this made me giggle.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Nearly 24 hrs post jab and only thing to report is some minor injection site soreness if I lift my arm above my head, ie. elbow equal plane with the shoulder.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:44 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:03 pm Nearly 24 hrs post jab and only thing to report is some minor injection site soreness if I lift my arm above my head, ie. elbow equal plane with the shoulder.
This was how my first Pfffffizer shot was.

2nd dose on Monday. :doomed:
:pouroneout:
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:03 pm Nearly 24 hrs post jab and only thing to report is some minor injection site soreness if I lift my arm above my head, ie. elbow equal plane with the shoulder.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:notbad: Same as my Pfizer.
I'll add you to the tally.

So no fatigue or anything?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Updating to add Pecs.

SECOND DOSE ONLY (or DOSE for J&J)

Moderna:
5 total.
3 peeps with zero to very minimal reactions
2 with fatigue, soreness, and significant body aches beginning the evening of the 2nd shot and progressing to the point where one didn't come into work and the other one left early (these are both coworkers).

Pfizer:
17 total.
3 zero reaction.
9 minimal to moderate (headache, fatigue) I include myself, Griff, Zilch, :melon: , Coogles and Desert Man. I never had a headache yet, but did feel a bit fatigued the morning after.
3 fairly bad, 1 starting with elevated heart rate and progressing the next day to a full day of extreme fatigue, significant body pain, cold sweats, headache. Totally fine by the third day. 2, including Haley, with fatigue, nausea, headache, muscle and full body aches/fever that night into the next day. Fine by the day after that.
1 (bossbro) VERY BAD. Got it Monday morning, didn't come back to work. Came in Tuesday but left early feeling very fatigued, achy, etc. Stayed home yesterday and today so far.
1 needed 1 day off feeling fatigued and some soreness. Came back to work second day mostly fine.

One-and-done J&J:
3 total.
1 with extreme fatigue for almost 24 hours (described as like being on Nyquil all day). Came back to work the next day.
1 (our own Huckleberry) with chills and fever.
1 (Pecs) with nothing but arm soreness.
Apex

wap wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:21 pm

Nope, no fatigue or anything else.
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:31 pm
wap wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:21 pm

Nope, no fatigue or anything else.
:nice: :like:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Calvinball wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:10 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:53 pm

Ah yes, so smug. You are like the 4th seat on a radio show. You have no original ideas or content. Whenever you post it's just to parrot, affirm, or virtue signal to the mob.
This one slightly useful bit of original content you are attempting to compile is now flawed and less useful to the community because of your complete inability to do anything other than signal to the mob that you dislike me. Just like most liberal cucks you cannot help but to divide people into smaller and smaller groups based on whatever reason you can. It makes it easier to dismiss the opinions and feelings of those groups as a whole later based on your warped logic & accompanying value system.

I have pity for younger people that exhibit this behavior, they still have time to grow, learn, and become full adults. Someone your age should know better than to continue acting like a child. At least you didn't pass these values to the next generation.
You know, this post got the old gearbox turning. It’s very interesting to me, watching the divide in this country. And I am speaking politically, though that has now become intertwined with identity.

Specifically what I find interesting is that there are actually a lot of similarities between those that are drawn to the ends of the spectrum, both left and right. Bear with me, the irony is thick.

On the right, starting there because the Fax post illustrates, you have people railing against the intellectual elite of the left, who are trying to brainwash the country to adhere to their values, which of course not everyone shares. So you have people who at once decry the left as sheeple, all doing the same things towards the end of making the country all the same. Yet, as illustrated by Brad, those arguments themselves are all the same, pulled from the playbook of the right side of politics. I mean, his post could easily be verbatim with any right wing speech from media, a politician, etc. he mentions parroting, yet that’s exactly what he’s doing with most of his verbiage.

Then on the left, you have people who rail against the financial elites on the right who are brainwashing the country to remain in the current, advantageous to the wealthy, state, or even march towards fascism. They too decry those on the right as brainwashed, using all the same language themselves as well to do so.

The narratives, and I suspect psychological aspects of those who are drawn to them, are the same, just the values behind them are different. Ironically, those who buy in the most, on either side, are probably way more psychologically similar to each other than they would ever think, or probably fear, they are.

One difference, I think, is that the right has been exceedingly better at recognizing and utilizing this.

Thank you for tuning in to my Ted Talk.
sometimes, a post is just intended to be inflammatory and call someone out for being a 2 faced sack of shit, tho.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

rockchops wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:56 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Ah yes, so smug. You are like the 4th seat on a radio show. You have no original ideas or content. Whenever you post it's just to parrot, affirm, or virtue signal to the mob.
This one slightly useful bit of original content you are attempting to compile is now flawed and less useful to the community because of your complete inability to do anything other than signal to the mob that you dislike me. Just like most liberal cucks you cannot help but to divide people into smaller and smaller groups based on whatever reason you can. It makes it easier to dismiss the opinions and feelings of those groups as a whole later based on your warped logic & accompanying value system.

I have pity for younger people that exhibit this behavior, they still have time to grow, learn, and become full adults. Someone your age should know better than to continue acting like a child. At least you didn't pass these values to the next generation.
And here we are, looking at someone using "liberal cuck" casually. Pretty cool dude. Definitely does not make you look like an idiot.
see above post. Also, the definition fits.
"a weak or servile man (often used as a contemptuous term for a man with moderate or progressive political views)."
brain go brrrrrr
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:53 pm
wap wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:21 pm

And your coming back here after so long to mud sling and name call is somehow different than the bolded? Please enlighten me.

Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Wap this is for you.

DNA is the engineer. It creates blueprints (RNA) for different parts (proteins). Those parts are then what are used to make us.

Viruses hijack the system. They use a key to unlock our cells and use the tools listed above to make more of themselves.

The mRNA vaccines introduce blueprints for the key the Covid virus uses. So our own cells create copies of that key, not the virus just the key, that our immune system then recognizes as a foreign object and learns to attack. Then if the actual Covid virus enters our body, our immune system already knows the key it’s using and how to attack it.

The process is a linear one, it doesn’t reverse. So introducing those blueprints (mRNA) doesn’t change the engineer (dna).
:therapist:
wap

Calvinball wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:23 pm Wap this is for you.

DNA is the engineer. It creates blueprints (RNA) for different parts (proteins). Those parts are then what are used to make us.

Viruses hijack the system. They use a key to unlock our cells and use the tools listed above to make more of themselves.

The mRNA vaccines introduce blueprints for the key the Covid virus uses. So our own cells create copies of that key, not the virus just the key, that our immune system then recognizes as a foreign object and learns to attack. Then if the actual Covid virus enters our body, our immune system already knows the key it’s using and how to attack it.

The process is a linear one, it doesn’t reverse. So introducing those blueprints (mRNA) doesn’t change the engineer (dna).
Thank you. I had read about it and your explanation mirrors what I've read (never doubted that it would), but I appreciate the further an deeper explanation. :like:

Also, thanks Irish and Chops, for your previous posts. Truthfully, :aintcare: :doe: It's kind of fun to observe the :baby: :pout:
:lolol:
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

My best friend got her second Pfizer shot on Thursday afternoon. Felt fine Thursday night, but woke up on Friday with body aches so severe it was hard for her to eat. She's back to normal today.

Will be very curious to see my reaction next weekend.
wap

HerrBerlin wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:16 pm My best friend got her second Pfizer shot on Thursday afternoon. Felt fine Thursday night, but woke up on Friday with body aches so severe it was hard for her to eat. She's back to normal today.

Your second shot?
If so, post your reactions, if any, here and I'll add you to my tally.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

wap wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:17 pm
HerrBerlin wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:16 pm My best friend got her second Pfizer shot on Thursday afternoon. Felt fine Thursday night, but woke up on Friday with body aches so severe it was hard for her to eat. She's back to normal today.

Your second shot?
Yes! It'll be poke #2 for me. Will let you know what my reaction is like.
wap

HerrBerlin wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:24 pm
wap wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:17 pm

Your second shot?
Yes! It'll be poke #2 for me. Will let you know what my reaction is like.
:like:
Hope it's minor!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:53 pm
wap wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:37 pm

:nice:
Let us know how you're doing in 24 hours and I'll add you to the tally. :like:

Didn't wifey want to get it?
Not yet, she’s one who’s allergic to the ingredients in the vaccine.
:word: I’m glad to hear that you got it and prevented the waste, that will offer your wife some protection too since you obviously won’t be bringing in the ‘VID. Hopefully the side effects are minimal.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:33 am
Apex wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:53 pm

Not yet, she’s one who’s allergic to the ingredients in the vaccine.
:word: I’m glad to hear that you got it and prevented the waste, that will offer your wife some protection too since you obviously won’t be bringing in the ‘VID. Hopefully the side effects are minimal.
Only thing was some injection site soreness. Last night I had to get my arms up near my ear to feel any soreness. I’d say minimal side effects at the worst :lol:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

The mRNA virus is made with the black goo from Prometheus.

It all makes sense now.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Calvinball

Melon wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:22 am The mRNA virus is made with the black goo from Prometheus.

It all makes sense now.
:science:
Calvinball

wap wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:59 pm
Calvinball wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:23 pm Wap this is for you.

Thank you. I had read about it and your explanation mirrors what I've read (never doubted that it would), but I appreciate the further an deeper explanation. :like:

Also, thanks Irish and Chops, for your previous posts. Truthfully, :aintcare: :doe: It's kind of fun to observe the :baby: :pout:
You’re welcome!
wap

Calvinball wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:38 am
wap wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:59 pm

You’re welcome!
:mahman:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:26 pm Got my 2nd poke today at 12:45.

As of 5:30, starting to feel some injection site soreness. I figure the 5G firmware update will be complete by midnight.
:nice:
Report how you're feeling tomorrow and I'll add you to the tally. :like: