OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:03 pm
I get a flu shot every year, so vaccines while not pleasant, are mostly NBD to me now.

In line to get my first shot, there was a dude in front of us, probably in his 50's. He was visibly nervous. He sat down at the table next to mine and I heard him tell the nurse that this was the first shot he had gotten in 20 years and that he hates needles and we really nervous. The nurse said "well, I'll make it as painless as possible, look at the wall, etc" the guy just responded "you can't do anything to calm me, but it's worth it".
I do not understand the whole needle thing. It's the lease invasive route into your body. Have these people never had their blood drawn for physicals? I mean, you could have somebody beat the shit out of you and take a blood sample that way?
Extreme Pro and extreme Con vaxxers disgust me. Just like extreme left or right politicians. The extreme refusal to see the other side and claiming everyone else who disagrees is :wrong: is a sure sign.

There are CLEAR positives and CLEAR negatives of the vaccines. Refusing to see the other side makes me not respect you as a person.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:37 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:14 pm

I understand the perspective, but I don't think I can get with that. Checking for a completed vaccine card at the door is going to disenfranchise a lot of people. If a person is adult enough to refuse the vaccine, they're also adult enough to deal with the consequence of potentially getting the disease. People who have received the vaccine aren't really impacted either way by the non-vaxxers anyway. :iono:
Yeah, it is a difficult issue for sure, but I've heard a lot of murmurs of cruise companies and airlines specifically doing this. On a personal level, I agree with you. At a certain point (like say probably July 1, 2021 in the USA), people have had the opportunity to get the shot and await its full efficacy, so if they haven't, meh, :aintcare: if they get the 'VID or not. I did my part in the whole thing as well as I could with a few exceptions where I admittedly may have made a bad choice or two with socializing.

Also, I am not necessarily saying I think companies SHOULD require the vaccine or that I would do that if I were in a position of leadership, but I don't have a problem with them being able to. It's far beyond my legal understanding anyway.

To your point, if I am required to go back to my office, I couldn't care less if some people are anti-vaxxers, I am safe, let them get the virus if that's the choice they want to make.
The argument for vaccine passports (or whatever you want to call them), IMO, is to make traveling safe for people who can't be vaccinated for whatever reason. Maybe they are immunocompromised in some way and can't get the vaccine, or are allergic to its ingredients. Kids under 16 (I think) also aren't eligible for the vaccine, so anyone 15 or younger who's traveling wouldn't have the benefit of having been vaccinated. Still, I think the "slippery slope" argument has some validity in this case.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:27 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:53 pm

I do not understand the whole needle thing. It's the lease invasive route into your body. Have these people never had their blood drawn for physicals? I mean, you could have somebody beat the shit out of you and take a blood sample that way?
Extreme Pro and extreme Con vaxxers disgust me. Just like extreme left or right politicians. The extreme refusal to see the other side and claiming everyone else who disagrees is :wrong: is a sure sign.

There are CLEAR positives and CLEAR negatives of the vaccines. Refusing to see the other side makes me not respect you as a person.
Was this an intended response to my post? I was just talking needles?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:31 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:27 pm

Yes someone who is that deathly scared of getting a vaccine is a :fullretard: . I don't believe it was about the needle. I am willing to bet that 99.9% or more of the population has gotten a shot at some point or another.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:36 pm

Yes someone who is that deathly scared of getting a vaccine is a :fullretard: . I don't believe it was about the needle. I am willing to bet that 99.9% or more of the population has gotten a shot at some point or another.
I just want to go to the Iron Horse and not get the VID. :)
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:45 pm

I just want to go to the Iron Horse and not get the VID. :)
I hear ya. But there are people screaming bloody murder @ those that don't want to do the same. And vice versa, those that claim it will run Microsoft blue screen the second after you get your first dose.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

My half sister is just legitimately that scared of needles. She said she wants the vax but is too sacred. I agree with you 100%, :fullretard: She is not the brightest crayon in the box regardless :doe:
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:52 pm

My half sister is just legitimately that scared of needles. She said she wants the vax but is too sacred. I agree with you 100%, :fullretard: She is not the brightest crayon in the box regardless :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:54 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:52 pm

:dat: :lolgasm:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My 18 year old got Pfizer round 2 yesterday and took a mild hit. Woke up with shivers, huge sinus headache. I'm in the queue at 9:20 tomorrow for the deuce.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Wifey got Pfizer round one on Tuesday. Arm soreness didn't develop until late in the evening. Woke up Wednesday morning and the pain was already gone. :notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

24 yo Prodigal son.......arm pain 1st and second day after first Pfizer stab. Sold three VW's yesterday including a brand new 2016 Touareg for $63,000. :thanksobama:
wap

Irish wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:17 pm 24 yo Prodigal son.......arm pain 1st and second day after first Pfizer stab. Sold three VW's yesterday including a brand new 2016 Touareg for $63,000. :thanksobama:
The T-Reg sat on the lot unsold for 5 years, or was it a demo?
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:25 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:17 pm 24 yo Prodigal son.......arm pain 1st and second day after first Pfizer stab. Sold three VW's yesterday including a brand new 2016 Touareg for $63,000. :thanksobama:

Corporate offered it up to dealers, guess it had been stored inside and had only 61 miles on it. They gave it $4k worth of pre-emptive service to include hoses and tires and what not I guess. But did not come more than $500 off sticker. It was the Executive Trim level the guy paid $63,490 plus tax and title.
Last edited by Irish on Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:13 pm Wifey got Pfizer round one on Tuesday. Arm soreness didn't develop until late in the evening. Woke up Wednesday morning and the pain was already gone. :notbad:
Same exact for us. Really :notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

:nice: good for him!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Irish wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:49 pm
wap wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:25 pm

Corporate offered it up to dealers, guess it had been stored inside and had only 61 miles on it. They gave it $4k worth of pre-emptive service to include hoses and tires and what not I guess. But did not come more than $500 off sticker. It was the Executive Trim level the guy paid $63,490 plus tax and title.
:mindblown:
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:55 pm
wap wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:13 pm Wifey got Pfizer round one on Tuesday. Arm soreness didn't develop until late in the evening. Woke up Wednesday morning and the pain was already gone. :notbad:
Same exact for us. Really :notbad:
Other than my arm soreness lasting a couple days while hers lasted only about 12 hours, I agree, :notbad: at all.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/tra ... d=msedgntp

Well, well... the tables have turned! :lol:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Every ad on pandora for me is about getting the COVID vaccine. Stfu with that propaganda :bs:
I may pay for pandora to get rid of that non-sense.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:46 pm Every ad on pandora for me is about getting the COVID vaccine. Stfu with that propaganda :bs:
Wait, you pay for pandora and they're still advertising?

:nope:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:37 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:14 pm

I understand the perspective, but I don't think I can get with that. Checking for a completed vaccine card at the door is going to disenfranchise a lot of people. If a person is adult enough to refuse the vaccine, they're also adult enough to deal with the consequence of potentially getting the disease. People who have received the vaccine aren't really impacted either way by the non-vaxxers anyway. :iono:
Yeah, it is a difficult issue for sure, but I've heard a lot of murmurs of cruise companies and airlines specifically doing this. On a personal level, I agree with you. At a certain point (like say probably July 1, 2021 in the USA), people have had the opportunity to get the shot and await its full efficacy, so if they haven't, meh, :aintcare: if they get the 'VID or not. I did my part in the whole thing as well as I could with a few exceptions where I admittedly may have made a bad choice or two with socializing.

Also, I am not necessarily saying I think companies SHOULD require the vaccine or that I would do that if I were in a position of leadership, but I don't have a problem with them being able to. It's far beyond my legal understanding anyway.

To your point, if I am required to go back to my office, I couldn't care less if some people are anti-vaxxers, I am safe, let them get the virus if that's the choice they want to make.
you sound like one of us crazy libertarians, :howdareu:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:11 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:09 am FWIW, I got the j&j and was fine other than being just dog tired for 2 days after. could also be due to external factors such as work stress.

coming up on 2 weeks then I can burn my stupid fucking mask.
:fuckyeah:

Unfortunately we still have to wear them. I mean, I get it... not everyone has it, but I'm curious how long it will be a thing. Despite generally being a "liberal cuck" I am not particularly keen on wearing masks for eternity because it's healthier or whatever other :bs:

I will take a cold or two per year all day long to actually have meaningful human interactions.
you are definitely not generally a liberal cuck my dude.

everyone / thing I do business with has to the end of the year to stop with the mask shit or I will simply not spend my money with them anymore.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:43 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:11 pm

:fuckyeah:

Unfortunately we still have to wear them. I mean, I get it... not everyone has it, but I'm curious how long it will be a thing. Despite generally being a "liberal cuck" I am not particularly keen on wearing masks for eternity because it's healthier or whatever other :bs:

I will take a cold or two per year all day long to actually have meaningful human interactions.
you are definitely not generally a liberal cuck my dude.

everyone / thing I do business with has to the end of the year to stop with the mask shit or I will simply not spend my money with them anymore.
I have a friend in the midwest who has mask issues like yourself. He's already on the "if the vaccine is available to everyone, how long does this have to go on" thing. I tell him to vote with his wallet per the bolded. I am surprised you are giving places until 2022. I really DGAF about the mask I have become used to it as a wardrobe item by now, a tool if you will. In Fallujah, you really should not leave home without a Glock and 60 rounds. I just view the mask the same way. I would think TN would be mask free by the end of August.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:57 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:46 pm Every ad on pandora for me is about getting the COVID vaccine. Stfu with that propaganda :bs:
Wait, you pay for pandora and they're still advertising?

:nope:
No no, I may start paying if it will get rid of these. They usually rotate ads but these last few days have been ridiculous.