OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Just got my results. It's official, I've got the 'rona.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

coogles wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:25 am Just got my results. It's official, I've got the 'rona.
Brutal! Sorry man, hopefully you continue to stay on the up and up!

My buddy has a your family and just finished recovering from it. He is a pro hockey coach in Italy and the Vid spread through the whole organization which is where he caught it and passed it onto the wife and kids. He says that everyone is recovered, and he's back to work now but needs to take a knee often even with just a little exertion with his drills. It's pretty shitty.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:54 am Brutal! Sorry man, hopefully you continue to stay on the up and up!

My buddy has a your family and just finished recovering from it. He is a pro hockey coach in Italy and the Vid spread through the whole organization which is where he caught it and passed it onto the wife and kids. He says that everyone is recovered, and he's back to work now but needs to take a knee often even with just a little exertion with his drills. It's pretty shitty.
Yeah, really hoping I don't have any long-term effects from it. I seem to be pretty much past it, but time will tell.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:56 pm
Would be the chillest winter ever. Work on the guitar, maybe enroll in some online schooling, get high watching the snow fall...lots of chill.
Gonna have to call you Iceman with all that excess chill.
:chill:

Wife shot the idea of me not going down because it's "unsupportive" and apparently "the family wants to see me too". I have no interest in travelling to see them at this time, but that apparently translates to "I have no interest in seeing them".

Wow, the shit show...

Apparently Delta has more strict policies than American regarding open space on planes, so now we're looking at driving to Chicago to fly on Delta to California. Delta has flights from TC, but we're worried about them dropping and us being stranded in an airport somewhere. Holy hell.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

coogles wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:10 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:54 am Brutal! Sorry man, hopefully you continue to stay on the up and up!

Yeah, really hoping I don't have any long-term effects from it. I seem to be pretty much past it, but time will tell.
Nobody knows what the long-term effects are or could be. Here's hoping you're good to go from here on out.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:40 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Agreed. Not the time for ‘business as usual.’
I'm actually shocked that airlines are packing planes full again. The virus has never been worse, and it's just business as usual NBD. We are incredibly screwed.
I think we're at a point where everyone realizes that no one is going to stop them from doing what they feel like doing, so they are just going for it. That includes businesses like American trying to make money, and individuals. I mean, mid-March-mid-May the wife and I were actually quarantined, I saw one friend only, the only thing I left the house for was solo bike rides/runs and a few grocery trips. I am a far cry from that now, she goes into work every day, and we still are better than most.

My coworkers just texted me about getting drinks this afternoon somewhere, for example... :nope:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:10 am

Fingers crossed for you, :mahman:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

coogles wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:25 am Just got my results. It's official, I've got the 'rona.
Oh dude. :(

Hope you have a swift recovery.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Thanks errybody. We're all gonna kick the 'rona right in the :pussy:. :thankstrump:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

coogles wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:07 pm Thanks errybody. We're all gonna kick the 'rona right in the :pussy:. :thankstrump:
Hopefully.

It's been an interesting 48 hours. By Monday night I was feeling basically 100%. I did a very light "grease the groove" type workout Monday morning - kept my heart rate pretty low but did some light & low rep kettlebell and bodyweight work - and felt awesome all day. Yesterday evening, though, I wouldn't say I was coughing up a storm, but my chest definitely felt something other than normal and any level of activity made me really fatigued. Just easily chasing my two year old around the house made me feel like "whoah, I need to slow down." I woke up this morning with all of that tightness in my chest completely gone, but then while I was making coffee at ~7am I started getting light-headed and dizzy. I'm not coughing at all, my blood O2 levels are consistently 97-99% and my resting heart rate is back in the high 50s where it usually is after being quite elevated all weekend, which makes me think my body is getting close to recovered, but I'm for sure a long way off from any form of strenuous activity.

The really scary stuff is the blood clotting a swollen tissue around the heart that you hear about. There was a college kid here in Indiana who had a blood clot enter her lungs and kill her in her sleep a few weeks ago, then I read about a women who was an avid runner who as she was recovering went for a jog and because her heart tissue was too swollen she went into cardiac arrest. Scary shit. I realize these are not typical, but I saw some blurb about a study that said something like 2/3 of COVID patients who even had only mild symptoms had Pericarditis. Those articles also say it should heal with time and that COVID isn't the only virus to do that, but it's still not fun to read.

Stay safe out there errybody.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Stay safe Coogs. I’ve heard that Covid will leave long term effects in many people. Please don’t rush to “get back to where you were” with anything right now. Your main focus is to stay healthy enough to provide for your family, not to reach or smash old PR’s
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:47 pm Stay safe Coogs. I’ve heard that Covid will leave long term effects in many people. Please don’t rush to “get back to where you were” with anything right now. Your main focus is to stay healthy enough to provide for your family, not to reach or smash old PR’s
Thanks. I am and will continue to take it slowly.
wap

razr390 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:47 pm Stay safe Coogs. I’ve heard that Covid will leave long term effects in many people. Please don’t rush to “get back to where you were” with anything right now. Your main focus is to stay healthy enough to provide for your family, not to reach or smash old PR’s
:dat:
Take care of yourself, dude.

Pericarditis is no bueno. It's a potential side effect for open heart surgery patients like myself. A coworker had the same surgery as me a few years ago and 3 weeks into his recovery he had a bout of pericarditis. Woke him up in the middle of the night with INTENSE chest pain. Thought he was having a heart attack. His :tits: rushed him to the ER, both of them crying all the way thinking he was about to die. :yikes: They gave him a strong anti-inflammatory and re recovered pretty quickly.

Luckily for me, one of the medications my cardiologist put me on during my recovery was the same anti-inflammatory, specifically to prevent getting pericarditis. Thankfully I never got it.

tl;dnr, you don't want to get pericarditis.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

For anyone who’s curious, I’m at 9 days from first symptoms now and am far from 100%. I generally feel fine, but I have a constant feeling of tightness in my lungs, and am still out of breath just walking to the top of the stairs.

I’ve never had my o2% dip under 95%, and that was only very briefly - it’s back up to 98% consistently now - but I definitely feel like my lungs are at least temporarily fucked from this thing and my case was very mild at as it relates to other symptoms.

I’m taking Mucinex DM, but my coughs aren’t productive at all. That does seem to help the feeling of needing to cough, though. Should these symptoms hang on through Friday I’m going to seek out a CT or something to see what kind of lung damage I may have.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

coogles wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:27 pm For anyone who’s curious, I’m at 9 days from first symptoms now and am far from 100%. I generally feel fine, but I have a constant feeling of tightness in my lungs, and am still out of breath just walking to the top of the stairs.

I’ve never had my o2% dip under 95%, and that was only very briefly - it’s back up to 98% consistently now - but I definitely feel like my lungs are at least temporarily fucked from this thing and my case was very mild at as it relates to other symptoms.

I’m taking Mucinex DM, but my coughs aren’t productive at all. That does seem to help the feeling of needing to cough, though. Should these symptoms hang on through Friday I’m going to seek out a CT or something to see what kind of lung damage I may have.
Christ. Rest and take it easy.

My wife’s fever broke on Friday. She’s still very lethargic and exhausted quickly. Her chest is tight but has never had a cough. We still don’t know what struck her down but she’s slowly getting back to normal.
wap

Glad to hear Coogles and Mrs Fled are both getting better, and I hope their continued symptoms go away soon.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I'm at the two week mark now and the last couple days have been a lot better. All tightness in my chest is gone completely - even doing some deep breathing exercises I don't notice any feeling of restriction. I definitely don't have the cardio I did prior to getting COVID, but I don't notice myself feeling out of breath during normal daily life. I threw some kettlebells around this morning and my strength feels back to 100%, but I definitely gas out more quickly. The finisher for today's workout (30 seconds of clean and press, 30 second rest, ten times through), was a bust after 4 rounds, but I'm definitely getting better.

Hope Mrs. Fled is recovering well and you're all staying safe out there. :howdy:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Thanks guys,

She's mostly better, just getting back into the swing of things at work. Just taking it easy.

Coogles, good to hear you're rounding the corner.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Glad to hear everyone is pulling through.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:20 am Glad to hear everyone is pulling through.
:dat:
Continued good luck to everybody.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

haleyann wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:27 am
09vdubgti wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:28 pm I decided for the first time ever, to get a flu shot this year.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Wonderful!!

Everyone should get flu shots!
Hey!

Been a while, hope you are doing great!
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I hope everyone who had this godforsaken thing has recovered with no long term effects.

Wife unit and I just got the 1st dose of the Moderna Vaccine last week and are due for the second the first week of March. I hear the second dose can really eff a person up.... by setting off their immune system....but in for a penny, in for a pound.

Has anyone else gotten the shots? @Haleyann ?
wap

Irish wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:06 pm I hope everyone who had this godforsaken thing has recovered with no long term effects.

Wife unit and I just got the 1st dose of the Moderna Vaccine last week and are due for the second the first week of March. I hear the second dose can really eff a person up.... by setting off their immune system....but in for a penny, in for a pound.

Has anyone else gotten the shots? @Haleyann ?
I'm signed up in 2 counties here (the one I live in and the one I work in), plus I'm enrolled in Walgreen's vaccine program, but haven't managed to get an appointment yet.

90 yr mom got her first shot, also of Moderna, on 2/6, and she had pretty much zero side effects. Fingers crossed that the second shot is equally :aintcare: . I also heard it can knock a person sideways, so we'll see.

Found out last week a cousin got the vid and is in pretty bad shape. She had to call herself an ambulance in the middle of the night due to breathing issues. Her o2 level was down to 80 so she had to go on oxygen and started a regimen of remdesivr. They tried taking her off o2 but her level immediately dropped back down to 80, which is no bueno. She's still in the hospital but hopes to be able to go home by the end of the week.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Oh man, prayers for your cousin man.

The first dose gave me slight arm pain the following day, that was it.

I had to keep trying various sites to get in. I had signed up on the county sites but I also got on lists at hospitals and pharmacies. I hit a bingo at a supermarket Pharmacy in the town my office is in (Hershey).
Apex
Drives: Abominable

My supervisors sister just passed from the ‘VID this past weekend.