OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Holy fuck guys, we're all entitled to our own opinions whether we agree or not. Let's chill, k?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:18 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:12 pm :rolleyes: :sass:

Non-answer :bs: is what you use when you are :wrong: and unable to even attempt to examine your opinions.
:yeahok:

I know my opinions well enough, thank you very much.

It was already stupid enough of me to post anything. No wonder the farthest left leaning members hear come after me.

Good day, sir.
Wait, do you really feel that I "came after you"?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:23 pm Holy fuck guys, we're all entitled to our own opinions whether we agree or not. Let's chill, k?
:like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:12 pm :rolleyes: :sass:

Non-answer :bs: is what you use when you are :wrong: and unable to even attempt to examine your opinions.

It was already stupid enough of me to post anything. No wonder the farthest left leaning members hear come after me.

Good day, sir.
Ahh :iswydt:

This is why I dislike politics.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:30 pm

Good day, sir.

:dat:

It's all WAY too divisive. It's unfortunate that science is now somehow twisted in with it, but let's try to lead by example and keep them separate.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:33 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:30 pm

:dat:

It's all WAY too divisive. It's unfortunate that science is now somehow twisted in with it, but let's try to lead by example and keep them separate.
It's not like either party ever really keeps their promises after they are elected. I can't bother anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:20 pm
Apex wrote:

Good day, sir.
You are the reason we have Trump and 200k dead citizens. Thanks.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Apex

wap wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:28 pm

Good day, sir.
Nah, I felt like we were cool. My apologies, friend.
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:56 pm
wap wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:28 pm
Nah, I felt like we were cool. My apologies, friend.
Same! :wub: :dock:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

See, that's fine.

I've never had a problem with dissenting opinions, it's just 90% of the time it descends to a shit show.

WAP and Apex have given me hoap.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap

I can't help it. He's such a good kisser. :hubba:
Apex

wap wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:25 pm I can't help it. He's such a good kisser. :hubba:
It’s the ginger. :hubba: :lol:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex, you're more liberal than you let on.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:46 am
Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:22 am

Sure, both are dotards, but

Only one of the 2 is a blatant denier of prevailing science on climate change, 'Vid mitigation efforts, etc.
Only one of the 2 cozies up to white supremacist groups, brutal dictators, and Qanon.
Only one of the 2 is a Birther.
Only one of the 2 thinks it's ok to vilify immigrants and minorities.
Only one of the 2 has a DECADES long reputation for :bs: business dealings and hucksterism.
Only one of the 2 has a long history of marital infidelity.
Only one of the 2 has a clear inability to demonstrate any compassion or concern for anyone beyond himself.
Only one of the 2 has MASSIVE daddy issues.
:fax:
I won't go crazy into this debate because I do not like Trump nor do I think he should win. However, I think a lot of people right now do not trust our institutions for various reasons. The response to the pandemic has been politicized on both sides because it's an election year, and everyone is still politicizing it. Shit, we heard talks about stimulus round 2 because people need it and nobody did anything in Congress about it. It's just a shit-slinging finger pointing clusterfuck and the system's failures show themselves in moments like this where we should be united (again, I am attacking the fringes of BOTH sides on this, because the fringes of both brought us to where we are).

Trump winning in 2016 was a symptom of this broken system. And, instead of realizing this is a symptom, both parties that have qualified individuals dedicated to public service decided to go further back into the fringes of their own parties. Republicunts decided to support and back Trump and Democrats wasted 4 years trying to impeach him instead of building up a good campaign against him for 2020 (including GOOD CANDIDATES THAT AREN'T JOE BIDEN).

Again, this two-party system is corrupted and broken. Trump was a symptom of this broken system. Majority of folks I know who voted for Trump in 2016 did so because he came off as someone who is not part of the political system, who speaks his mind (whether right or wrong) and doesn't pander. Trump winning has brought out the closet racists and such, and in a way that's a good thing because now we know who they are and what they really feel.

We need term limits in Congress and we need more than 2 major political parties, until that happens you will only see more fringed elections moving forward. Whoever replaces Trump will be so far left/progressive that it will make a far right candidate seem palatable to replace them and rinse & repeat.

It's sort of frustrating to watch, especially as a younger dude. Unless those in politics give up their power and control (yes, even Pelosi who is a lying hypocrite, and turtlefuckneck Mitch McConnell) this country will be worse before it will be better.

:oh well:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex

Melon wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:57 pm Apex, you're more liberal than you let on.
:notwrong:
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:50 am
wap wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:46 am

Sure, both are dotards, but

Only one of the 2 is a blatant denier of prevailing science on climate change, 'Vid mitigation efforts, etc.
Only one of the 2 cozies up to white supremacist groups, brutal dictators, and Qanon.
Only one of the 2 is a Birther.
Only one of the 2 thinks it's ok to vilify immigrants and minorities.
Only one of the 2 has a DECADES long reputation for :bs: business dealings and hucksterism.
Only one of the 2 has a long history of marital infidelity.
Only one of the 2 has a clear inability to demonstrate any compassion or concern for anyone beyond himself.
Only one of the 2 has MASSIVE daddy issues.
:fax:
You can view the world through your own glasses, and I’ll view it through mine.

We all know this place revolves around the Dems and other views are ostracized.
This forum leans left more than others. Most of the car forums I have been on lean hard to the right where Obama is the devilest devil to ever devil and Trump is here to save the day by undoing everything Obama's name is tied to, regardless of the policy's design. And whether it is the country's police force or the policies of the previous leader, painting with a broad brush is never a good thing.
I wasn't happy that Trump won in 2016, but I wasn't there hoping that he would fail, because that would ultimately mean the country would fail. Unfortunately, he has failed as a leader and has spent the last four years touting conspiracy theories, driving wedges in the country, alienating allies, pulling out of agreements, and pretending that he was the face of the economy.

The difference between 2016 and 2020 is that I now know what to expect from Trump. He didn't earn my vote when I could only guess as to how Trump would perform, so he certainly hasn't earned my vote now that I've experienced four years of this circus. I posted the article since it further shows the lengths that this asshole will go to try and give his lies some form of vindication. He rode on a campaign platform of draining the swamp, and here he has enabled people to circumvent procedure and post bad information to what is supposed to be a trusted source. I'm honestly pissed at the spineless Republicunts who have defended Trump's actions, I'm pissed at the moronic Democrats for not having enough competence to keep him in check, and I'm pissed at the media for giving Trump the attention that he craves.

We're going to hit 200,000 dead by next week. I know you made some comment about it being inline with the annual medical malpractice deaths, which is a controversial statistic in its own right, but the thing is that this is 200,000 additional deaths, on top of every other annual death statistic, and we're only seven months into this thing. And we have a leader who is denying factual evidence, promoting conspiracy theories, holding rallies with no safety precautions in place for the general population, and is actively trying to skew metrics to paint his handling of the pandemic in a better light.

And even though I have taken the pandemic seriously, I am not going to be first in line to get the vaccine because I don't trust whatever he's trying to get fast-tracked and rolled out before the election. That shit should be avoided like a first model year Ford.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:51 pm

This forum leans left more than others. Most of the car forums I have been on lean hard to the right where Obama is the devilest devil to ever devil and Trump is here to save the day by undoing everything Obama's name is tied to, regardless of the policy's design. And whether it is the country's police force or the policies of the previous leader, painting with a broad brush is never a good thing.
I wasn't happy that Trump won in 2016, but I wasn't there hoping that he would fail, because that would ultimately mean the country would fail. Unfortunately, he has failed as a leader and has spent the last four years touting conspiracy theories, driving wedges in the country, alienating allies, pulling out of agreements, and pretending that he was the face of the economy.

The difference between 2016 and 2020 is that I now know what to expect from Trump. He didn't earn my vote when I could only guess as to how Trump would perform, so he certainly hasn't earned my vote now that I've experienced four years of this circus. I posted the article since it further shows the lengths that this asshole will go to try and give his lies some form of vindication. He rode on a campaign platform of draining the swamp, and here he has enabled people to circumvent procedure and post bad information to what is supposed to be a trusted source. I'm honestly pissed at the spineless Republicunts who have defended Trump's actions, I'm pissed at the moronic Democrats for not having enough competence to keep him in check, and I'm pissed at the media for giving Trump the attention that he craves.

We're going to hit 200,000 dead by next week. I know you made some comment about it being inline with the annual medical malpractice deaths, which is a controversial statistic in its own right, but the thing is that this is 200,000 additional deaths, on top of every other annual death statistic, and we're only seven months into this thing. And we have a leader who is denying factual evidence, promoting conspiracy theories, holding rallies with no safety precautions in place for the general population, and is actively trying to skew metrics to paint his handling of the pandemic in a better light.

And even though I have taken the pandemic seriously, I am not going to be first in line to get the vaccine because I don't trust whatever he's trying to get fast-tracked and rolled out before the election. That shit should be avoided like a first model year Ford.
:bravo:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Amen brother.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:31 pm
wap wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:25 pm I can't help it. He's such a good kisser. :hubba:
It’s the ginger. :hubba: :lol:
It's my new favorite flavor :zing:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

One piece of irony I can't get over is that CNN, who is now so focused on hating the Cheeto I consider it as unwatchable as a Rush Limbaugh show.......WAS A HUGE FACTOR IN GETTING THE GUY ELECTED. I remember being in San Diego for a month in the summer of 2016.....and CNN could not lay off the Cheeto.....they gave him more free advertising than I could fathom. I was on the exercise bike at the hotel I was staying at, which had a TV on it. CNN was literally the Trump channel, every morning. And here we are.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Every channel has been TrumpTV for 4.5 years now. It's largely why I don't watch anything anymore.

Single issue voters like :waxer: :fax: :dubshow: Pex are why this is all happening :doe:

Dem precious pew pew penis extenders. :disappoint:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

You're my Huckleberry.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:05 pm One piece of irony I can't get over is that CNN, who is now so focused on hating the Cheeto I consider it as unwatchable as a Rush Limbaugh show.......WAS A HUGE FACTOR IN GETTING THE GUY ELECTED. I remember being in San Diego for a month in the summer of 2016.....and CNN could not lay off the Cheeto.....they gave him more free advertising than I could fathom. I was on the exercise bike at the hotel I was staying at, which had a TV on it. CNN was literally the Trump channel, every morning. And here we are.
Streisand Effect.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:05 pm One piece of irony I can't get over is that CNN, who is now so focused on hating the Cheeto I consider it as unwatchable as a Rush Limbaugh show.......WAS A HUGE FACTOR IN GETTING THE GUY ELECTED. I remember being in San Diego for a month in the summer of 2016.....and CNN could not lay off the Cheeto.....they gave him more free advertising than I could fathom. I was on the exercise bike at the hotel I was staying at, which had a TV on it. CNN was literally the Trump channel, every morning. And here we are.
It was/is a great failing of the MSM all the free air time they're giving him.
wap

Melon wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:16 pm
Streisand Effect.
Had to google. :notbad: