OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:45 pm We should’ve gone hard.

Too late now. CHUD nation is calling fake news on every COVID case now. Manufactured virus this, liberal conspiracy that.

I hate all of this. We had a chance and we fucked it up. No, wait...

:thankstrump: fucked it up.
I don't see why a country can't do a timed pause to chop the numbers down significantly, like food/gas/medical reasons for travel outside of one's house just doing :mahtroy: things from October 10th to 24th for example. Or just leave everything status quo but step up PPE requirements with fines or something. Both actions would change the direction if the daily count.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:29 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:45 pm We should’ve gone hard.

Too late now. CHUD nation is calling fake news on every COVID case now. Manufactured virus this, liberal conspiracy that.

I hate all of this. We had a chance and we fucked it up. No, wait...

:thankstrump: fucked it up.
I don't see why a country can't do a timed pause to chop the numbers down significantly, like food/gas/medical reasons for travel outside of one's house just doing :mahtroy: things from October 10th to 24th for example. Or just leave everything status quo but step up PPE requirements with fines or something. Both actions would change the direction if the daily count.
Politicians.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:35 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:29 am

That’s communism, son.
:okboomer:

The nation should vote on it then. :mindblown:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5090996

The connection between vitamin D and other respiratory illnesses is well known. According to the World Health Organization, vitamin D deficiency has been linked to pneumonia, tuberculosis and bronchiolitis.

Back in May, CTV News reported that researchers in Edmonton were preparing a study that would look at what, if any, benefit there would be in boosting vitamin D levels in the bloodstream of COVID-19 patients.

Other research out of New Orleans found 100 per cent of its sickest COVID-19 patients were deficient in vitamin D, while researchers in Ireland found COVID-19 deaths and infections are lower in countries where vitamin D is added to food or where people are encouraged to take vitamin D supplements, such as Finland and Norway.

San Fran>Corning :mahtroy:
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:43 am https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5090996

The connection between vitamin D and other respiratory illnesses is well known. According to the World Health Organization, vitamin D deficiency has been linked to pneumonia, tuberculosis and bronchiolitis.

Back in May, CTV News reported that researchers in Edmonton were preparing a study that would look at what, if any, benefit there would be in boosting vitamin D levels in the bloodstream of COVID-19 patients.

Other research out of New Orleans found 100 per cent of its sickest COVID-19 patients were deficient in vitamin D, while researchers in Ireland found COVID-19 deaths and infections are lower in countries where vitamin D is added to food or where people are encouraged to take vitamin D supplements, such as Finland and Norway.

As far as I can remember, I've had a bowl of cereal for breakfast for 98% of my mornings. Looks like I've been preparing for COVID my whole life.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Tarspin wrote:https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5090996

Yep, good climate makes for good health.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:05 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:43 am https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5090996

As far as I can remember, I've had a bowl of cereal for breakfast for 98% of my mornings. Looks like I've been preparing for COVID my whole life.
Hey man, medical industry is scrambling to come up with ways to cope. I asked at the beginning if anyone has dug up info on medical progress, it would be nice of they are further ahead then this LOL
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:16 am
Tarspin wrote:https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5090996

Yep, good climate makes for good health.
I agree with :dat: concept, and why flu season starts making its rounds right when the temps drop and there is dismal sunlight.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:22 pm What I enjoy is finding out that every single person thinks they know better than the other, and that same person also has more at stake than others as well. :popcorn:
:mahman:

:lol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:04 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:37 am

:okboomer:

The nation should vote on it then. :mindblown:
:lolol:

One does not simply vote anymore.

Sadly, it is that way everywhere. We get lied to by politicians about their intentions and once they secure power they turn into assholes.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:18 am
[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:04 am

One does not simply vote anymore.

Sadly, it is that way everywhere. We get lied to by politicians about their intentions and once they secure power they turn into assholes.
:fax:
Huckleberry

Going to hit the 200,000 mark shortly. That's close to half of the American casualties in WWII...in 6 months.

But good job keeping that mass panic to a minimum.
Apex

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:33 pm
Going to hit the 200,000 mark shortly. That's close to half of the American casualties in WWII...in 6 months.

So we’re on track with med-mal? :like:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:33 pm

Sacrifice the weak. We need haircuts.
Huckleberry

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/17/heal ... e=Homepage

"A heavily criticized recommendation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention last month about who should be tested for the coronavirus was not written by C.D.C. scientists and was posted to the agency’s website despite their serious objections, according to several people familiar with the matter as well as internal documents obtained by The New York Times.

The guidance said it was not necessary to test people without symptoms of Covid-19 even if they had been exposed to the virus. It came at a time when public health experts were pushing for more testing rather than less, and administration officials told The Times that the document was a C.D.C. product and had been revised with input from the agency’s director, Dr. Robert Redfield.

But officials told The Times this week that the Department of Health and Human Services did the rewriting and then “dropped” it into the C.D.C.’s public website, flouting the agency’s strict scientific review process."
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:00 am https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/17/heal ... e=Homepage

"A heavily criticized recommendation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention last month about who should be tested for the coronavirus was not written by C.D.C. scientists and was posted to the agency’s website despite their serious objections, according to several people familiar with the matter as well as internal documents obtained by The New York Times.

The guidance said it was not necessary to test people without symptoms of Covid-19 even if they had been exposed to the virus. It came at a time when public health experts were pushing for more testing rather than less, and administration officials told The Times that the document was a C.D.C. product and had been revised with input from the agency’s director, Dr. Robert Redfield.

But officials told The Times this week that the Department of Health and Human Services did the rewriting and then “dropped” it into the C.D.C.’s public website, flouting the agency’s strict scientific review process."
Fucking hell. This country is :doomed: if we get another 4 years of :thankstrump:
And yes, Biden is indeed 100% the lesser of 2 evils, by FAR. So :gtfo: anyone who tries to paint a false equivalence between the 2 of them.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex

wap wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:17 am
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:00 am https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/17/heal ... e=Homepage

Fucking hell. This country is :doomed: if we get another 4 years of :thankstrump:
And yes, Biden is indeed 100% the lesser of 2 evils, by FAR. So :gtfo: anyone who tries to paint a false equivalence between the 2 of them.
:yeahok:
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:22 am
wap wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:17 am

Sure, both are dotards, but

Only one of the 2 is a blatant denier of prevailing science on climate change, 'Vid mitigation efforts, etc.
Only one of the 2 cozies up to white supremacist groups, brutal dictators, and Qanon.
Only one of the 2 is a Birther.
Only one of the 2 thinks it's ok to vilify immigrants and minorities.
Only one of the 2 has a DECADES long reputation for :bs: business dealings and hucksterism.
Only one of the 2 has a long history of marital infidelity.
Only one of the 2 has a clear inability to demonstrate any compassion or concern for anyone beyond himself.
Only one of the 2 has MASSIVE daddy issues.
Apex

wap wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:46 am
Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:22 am

Only one of the 2 is a blatant denier of prevailing science on climate change, 'Vid mitigation efforts, etc.
Only one of the 2 cozies up to white supremacist groups, brutal dictators, and Qanon.
Only one of the 2 has a DECADES long reputation for :bs: business dealings and hucksterism.
Only one of the 2 has a clear inability to demonstrate any compassion or concern for anyone beyond himself.
You can view the world through your own glasses, and I’ll view it through mine.

We all know this place revolves around the Dems and other views are ostracized.
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:50 am
wap wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:46 am

I have much :wub: and respect for mah Pecs, but was anything I posted untrue?
Apex

wap wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:02 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:50 am

I have much :wub: and respect for mah Pecs, but was anything I posted untrue?
Much :wub: for ya too WAP!

I’m not going to say that anything you posted was untrue or true. I’m going to leave the political stuff at that.
troyguitar

Apex wrote:
wap wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:46 am Sure, both are dotards, but

:rolleyes: :sass:

Non-answer :bs: is what you use when you are :wrong: and unable to even attempt to examine your opinions.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:12 pm
Apex wrote:

:rolleyes: :sass:

Non-answer :bs: is what you use when you are :wrong: and unable to even attempt to examine your opinions.

I know my opinions well enough, thank you very much.

It was already stupid enough of me to post anything. No wonder the farthest left leaning members hear come after me.

Good day, sir.
troyguitar

Apex wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:12 pm :rolleyes: :sass:

I know my opinions well enough, thank you very much.

It was already stupid enough of me to post anything. No wonder the farthest left leaning members hear come after me.

Good day, sir.
You are the reason we have Trump and 200k dead citizens. Thanks.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:22 am Yep. Less testing = less virus. It’s a fact.
Indisputable.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.