OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:52 am
Apex wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:21 am :hai:

I thought yesterday was Wednesday, it was not and I’m all thrown off.
Welcome to the :disappoint: club :lolol:

:ohwell:
:hai:

I did the same thing!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:16 am Global distrust of .gov is the real issue, and agreed it makes sense.
I have a hard time with this one. The government didn't create the vaccine, it's only handling distribution. FDA approval, sure, and the .gov is largely paying for the vaccines, but if anything the two first covid-19 vaccines coming from the US is as strong of an endorsement you could get for the private pharmaceutical industry in this country as opposed to the totally publicly funded healthcare industries in other 1st world countries. Yeah, I wouldn't trust a vaccine coming out of China or Russia, either. Privatized healthcare and the layer of insurance bureaucracy obviously comes with its own problems, but the massive funding available to these pharmaceutical companies to develop treatments and vaccines in such a short period of time is nothing short of astonishing. If it's distrust of big pharma, major industry, capitalist society, etc., those dots I can maybe connect. But neither Donald Trump nor Joe Biden, their administrations, or Congress, had any hand vaccine development.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:41 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:16 am Global distrust of .gov is the real issue, and agreed it makes sense.
I have a hard time with this one. The government didn't create the vaccine, it's only handling distribution. FDA approval, sure, and the .gov is largely paying for the vaccines, but if anything the two first covid-19 vaccines coming from the US is as strong of an endorsement you could get for the private pharmaceutical industry in this country as opposed to the totally publicly funded healthcare industries in other 1st world countries. Yeah, I wouldn't trust a vaccine coming out of China or Russia, either. Privatized healthcare and the layer of insurance bureaucracy obviously comes with its own problems, but the massive funding available to these pharmaceutical companies to develop treatments and vaccines in such a short period of time is nothing short of astonishing. If it's distrust of big pharma, major industry, capitalist society, etc., those dots I can maybe connect. But neither Donald Trump nor Joe Biden, their administrations, or Congress, had any hand vaccine development.
:dat:

As mentioned, I have distrust in the data provided thus forth regarding the virus. I have distrust in the .gov economic reactions. There are lots of things going on here, and sure, large pharma companies have plenty of issues. All of that said, given the option of vaccine or no vaccine, vaccine seems lower risk and will make life much easier. I think anyone who doesn't snatch up the opportunity is crazy, but that's all the sooner I can get it, so whatever.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

They had plenty of say in the vaccine approval, pushing the FDA etc.

People are just tired of the ruling class, that’s not hard to understand, worldwide.

Government distrust is a global phenomenon
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:57 am

They had plenty of say in the vaccine approval, pushing the FDA etc.

People are just tired of the ruling class, that’s not hard to understand, worldwide.

Government distrust is a global phenomenon
This has always been the case, and it always will be the case.
ChrisoftheNorth

I'm talking about the overall global trend of increasing distrust in .gov, which I think was what Max was getting after.

I personally think it's sad that the virus became a political issue, but people are forced to sit at home with nothing to do that's often inconsistent with other countries many times regardless of data, That makes people think there's more at play than the virus politically and spreads distrust. Especially when a vaccine rolls out quickly and in some cases get administered somewhat arbitrarily.

This isn't new...signs of it have been coming for a while. Trump. Brexit, the immigrant crisis in Europe, China fuckery, Russia doing Russia, there's been increasing distrust of .gov over the last decade globally, but it's culminated with the virus because people have nothing better to think about. It's sad that lives are a direct result of people :notsure: with their .gov, but it is what it is.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:17 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:52 am

Welcome to the :disappoint: club :lolol:

:ohwell:
:hai:

I did the same thing!
ME TOO! Woke up thinking today was Thursday. :wtf:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

.gov paid billions to fund vaccine development, and also private contributions from, among others, Dolly Parton, contributed as well, so it was hardly a total private pharma industry success.
Plus, the UK's vaccine, developed by their public NHS, is pretty much as good as ours and developed almost as quickly. Similar story for the EU.
max225

Yo Yo Yo.. What's good today ?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:18 pm Yo Yo Yo.. What's good today ?
Work is off the rails with :rolleyes: but at least it's keeping me busy.

Mad because it's sunny outside and I'd love to be outside right now...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Staying pretty busy at work recently... having these new "leadershit/management" duties glues me to my desk a bit more which is kind of :disgust:

Shopping E90 M3s a little :lolol:

Looking forward to the weekend.

I think I may take lunch and go for a quick bike ride, 49F and sunny at the moment which is the best weather we've seen all week.

What is new with you? Saw the Taco review update, glad you're still enjoying the :truk: :fuckyeah:
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:29 pm

What would you do outside ? I haven’t gone on vacation in like 18 months :( I’m going a bit stir crazy.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:39 pm
Staying pretty busy at work recently... having these new "leadershit/management" duties glues me to my desk a bit more which is kind of :disgust:

I think I may take lunch and go for a quick bike ride, 49F and sunny at the moment which is the best weather we've seen all week.

What is new with you? Saw the Taco review update, glad you're still enjoying the :truk: :fuckyeah:
Yea I am trying to plan a big trip with it but having issues due to ... drumroll ... covid. Shit is confusing af still. But case counts are finally dropping like crazy out here.

E90 m3 ? Do tell.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:29 pm

What would you do outside ? I haven’t gone on vacation in like 18 months :( I’m going a bit stir crazy.
Just go for a hike. Hiking trails all over, including my own backyard.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Work kinda slow. Started on the Meowta emblems I'd been wanting to knock out.
3d printing 4 of these. Gonna prolly paint the whole thing black then either white or chrome the top lettering to look factory.

Speaking of 3d printing. Anyone seen Barnes? Bitch owes me either a buncha Yoda prints and some penis valve stems, or my $40 back.
I PM'd him on Oct 29th and he still ain't read it.
Last active:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:50 am
Last edited by Acid666 on Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:43 pm

Yea I am trying to plan a big trip with it but having issues due to ... drumroll ... covid. Shit is confusing af still. But case counts are finally dropping like crazy out here.

E90 m3 ? Do tell.
We did the big cross country trip though like 26 states last month let me know if you have any COVID travel questions. All-in-all I felt our trip was quite safe, we didn't really interact at length with anyone outside of each other.

I sort of convinced myself in your thread that E90 M3 is a solid investment car... :iono: I probably won't :doit: but I'm kind of bored with the C5 and want something different. They check a lot of boxes for me and I've always loved them.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Hey everyone.

Just got done touring the San Antonio Food Bank because we are doing fundraising for them, and possible volunteering in the future.

It is an :impressive: operation. They feed over 120k people per week within 16 counties. Their facility is a huge Costco-style warehouse. They also have a farm that they grow some produce and also some chickens that lay fresh eggs. Truly awesome to see the great work being done.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:49 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:43 pm

E90 m3 ? Do tell.
We did the big cross country trip though like 26 states last month let me know if you have any COVID travel questions. All-in-all I felt our trip was quite safe, we didn't really interact at length with anyone outside of each other.

I sort of convinced myself in your thread that E90 M3 is a solid investment car... :iono: I probably won't :doit: but I'm kind of bored with the C5 and want something different. They check a lot of boxes for me and I've always loved them.
How is Florida/Arizona/Nevada ?

E90 is great if you can keep the miles off of it. It is vastly different from the C5. I got an E46 M3
Right after my C5... as you can see it didn’t last
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:10 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:49 pm

E90 is great if you can keep the miles off of it. It is vastly different from the C5. I got an E46 M3
Yeah I :remember: it. This would be my only car, but I don't really drive much and don't foresee driving a lot of miles any time soon. The Beep Beep is our primary trip vehicle. It would probably see 5K miles/year and a handful of track days. I don't think I'd want to take a BMW M car to the track nearly as much as a 'vette due to consumables cost, but they seem more than up for the task from time to time.

Objectively I think the Corvette is a better vehicle for me (cheaper, more reliable/low maintenance, up to the tasks of track duty and such) and I do still like it, but just a bit bored. The answer is really another Corvette but even a nicer 'vette is still sort of the same thing.

A few other ideas I'm tossing around - S2000, 06-11 Civic Si (probably would do that in addition to the 'vette but don't really want multiple cars), something mid engine (basically Cayman/Boxster/MR2 are kind of it here).

Re: travel - we went to Northern FL in June - it was manic, we were scared to leave the beach/airbnb for the most part, people everywhere, ZFG on masks... the more urban parts are probably fine. That said, we had a good time, ate out at a few places with spaced outdoor seating, enjoyed chillin' on the beach and riding our bikes around and it was a really fun trip.

NV/AZ were both kind of business as usual. I would stay away from cities, it is a bit depressing as 1/2 people are basically homeless now in city centers, but suburban/rural areas are fine. We stayed in numerous hotels in AZ/UT/NV and all were very safe, plenty of food available for take out. Indoor eating was available but we passed on it. Outdoor was great when warm enough, just try to make reservations - NV was at 25% capacity when we visited so it's tougher to just walk in to a place and be guaranteed a table, particularly if you want to be outside.

Traveling itself was a non issue, gas stations and rest areas are open. While driving (if it wasn't too cold) we would grab some drive through food and take it to a park or just eat it in the car. Other than that, it isn't much different than road tripping pre-COVID.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:06 pm Hey everyone.

Just got done touring the San Antonio Food Bank because we are doing fundraising for them, and possible volunteering in the future.

It is an :impressive: operation. They feed over 120k people per week within 16 counties. Their facility is a huge Costco-style warehouse. They also have a farm that they grow some produce and also some chickens that lay fresh eggs. Truly awesome to see the great work being done.
That is awesome man!

I should get off my ass and do some volunteer work. I did spend a few hours last weekend cleaning up trash off the streets in my neighborhood. It felt good to make things a bit nicer but it's :disappoint: how much more has accumulated since I did it.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Those may potentially become an appreciating asset in near future. Those things are wild from my experience as a passenger.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

That's pretty :fuckyeah:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:26 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:10 pm

Yeah I :remember: it. This would be my only car, but I don't really drive much and don't foresee driving a lot of miles any time soon. The Beep Beep is our primary trip vehicle. It would probably see 5K miles/year and a handful of track days. I don't think I'd want to take a BMW M car to the track nearly as much as a 'vette due to consumables cost, but they seem more than up for the task from time to time.

Objectively I think the Corvette is a better vehicle for me (cheaper, more reliable/low maintenance, up to the tasks of track duty and such) and I do still like it, but just a bit bored. The answer is really another Corvette but even a nicer 'vette is still sort of the same thing.

A few other ideas I'm tossing around - S2000, 06-11 Civic Si (probably would do that in addition to the 'vette but don't really want multiple cars), something mid engine (basically Cayman/Boxster/MR2 are kind of it here).

Re: travel - we went to Northern FL in June - it was manic, we were scared to leave the beach/airbnb for the most part, people everywhere, ZFG on masks... the more urban parts are probably fine. That said, we had a good time, ate out at a few places with spaced outdoor seating, enjoyed chillin' on the beach and riding our bikes around and it was a really fun trip.

NV/AZ were both kind of business as usual. I would stay away from cities, it is a bit depressing as 1/2 people are basically homeless now in city centers, but suburban/rural areas are fine. We stayed in numerous hotels in AZ/UT/NV and all were very safe, plenty of food available for take out. Indoor eating was available but we passed on it. Outdoor was great when warm enough, just try to make reservations - NV was at 25% capacity when we visited so it's tougher to just walk in to a place and be guaranteed a table, particularly if you want to be outside.

Traveling itself was a non issue, gas stations and rest areas are open. While driving (if it wasn't too cold) we would grab some drive through food and take it to a park or just eat it in the car. Other than that, it isn't much different than road tripping pre-COVID.
I do think an M car is nearly perfect at 2-3k miles a year. It still exercises it, but it keeps the miles/:fullretard: maintenance low and enjoyment high. It is :ironic: because they make good DD's but in the end it makes far more sense to DD a 328 and to have fun in an M3, they are vastly different vehicles contrary to the fact that they look the same.

Travel:
Yea I am juggling between Florida and Hawaii. Hawaii has insane Covid requirements. They essentially need a COMPLETED test within 72 hrs of departure, at that point if you do NOT GET AN ANSWER or someone at the lab decided to have a hang over, you're stuck in a hotel for 3-10 days, and you can't even get into an AIR B&B. this creates a lot of anxiety... Also a test is $130-180 per person and we'd need 2, that's money pissed into the wind. I am researching whether my Insurance can cover it, but the main issue here is they may not be as fast as the private companies.

Noted on NV that's great help actually. The case counts are rapidly declining at the moment, and I am shooting for late feb and march time frames at which point 35-40% of the country will be vaccinated + weather will further depress the virus... But yea we're fairly risk averse, and have been cucked' up at home for the last 11 months really. Time to get out and smell the Covid.

Thank you for the info, any info on parks ? Which ones were open/closed etc? We're hoping to get through DV+Grand Canyon, but there may be a few others we want to check out.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:49 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:26 pm

I do think an M car is nearly perfect at 2-3k miles a year. It still exercises it, but it keeps the miles/:fullretard: maintenance low and enjoyment high. It is :ironic: because they make good DD's but in the end it makes far more sense to DD a 328 and to have fun in an M3, they are vastly different vehicles contrary to the fact that they look the same.

Travel:
Yea I am juggling between Florida and Hawaii. Hawaii has insane Covid requirements. They essentially need a COMPLETED test within 72 hrs of departure, at that point if you do NOT GET AN ANSWER or someone at the lab decided to have a hang over, you're stuck in a hotel for 3-10 days, and you can't even get into an AIR B&B. this creates a lot of anxiety... Also a test is $130-180 per person and we'd need 2, that's money pissed into the wind. I am researching whether my Insurance can cover it, but the main issue here is they may not be as fast as the private companies.

Noted on NV that's great help actually. The case counts are rapidly declining at the moment, and I am shooting for late feb and march time frames at which point 35-40% of the country will be vaccinated + weather will further depress the virus... But yea we're fairly risk averse, and have been cucked' up at home for the last 11 months really. Time to get out and smell the Covid.

Thank you for the info, any info on parks ? Which ones were open/closed etc? We're hoping to get through DV+Grand Canyon, but there may be a few others we want to check out.
All National Parks were open for us other than roads closed due to snow/ice. Most state parks are open as well, with the exception of NM, where just about everything was shut down. You can view real time info on their websites or check out Instagram to see if people have been visiting ( :millennial: ). If you're going somewhere by car there's really not a ton to worry about other than a few states and major cities. It's kind of :disappoint: to have to avoid bars/restaurants on vacation, so when possible, staying somewhere warmer is nice for outdoor dining.

I am pretty :notsure: on flying... we actually have cheap AA flights booked to St. John's Island in late March that we will likely end up cancelling because I'm scared to fly. It's :disappoint: as once we got there, I think we could have a great trip without doing anything too risky.

I'd be curious to know who all has flown during the 'VID and what it was like...
wap

That's great! Good for you.

Wifey has done a bit of that recently. She likes it, too.