OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:53 pm I haven't worn a watch in 6 months now.
Yeah.. batteries in all of mine died. Took them to a shop out here to replace the batteries and whatever they used was shit because they were all dead in like 6 months again. Plus they fucked up the day/date arms in one of them and then tried to claim that I brought it in that way. Pieces of shit.

Haven’t worn a watch in a few years because of that.
:rage:

I have 2 Shinola watches (semi fancy Detroit made watches) and the batteries lasted 3 years in each before needing replacement. Took them down to the corporate store and had them replaced for $20. Was pricey, but I know it was done right. I should check to see if they're still going, this was a few years ago now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I've had a Citizen powered by the sun for almost 10 years now. I don't wear watches much since the 'VID but I still bust this thing out a day or two a week.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:03 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:58 pm

Yeah.. batteries in all of mine died. Took them to a shop out here to replace the batteries and whatever they used was shit because they were all dead in like 6 months again. Plus they fucked up the day/date arms in one of them and then tried to claim that I brought it in that way. Pieces of shit.

Haven’t worn a watch in a few years because of that.

I have 2 Shinola watches (semi fancy Detroit made watches) and the batteries lasted 3 years in each before needing replacement. Took them down to the corporate store and had them replaced for $20. Was pricey, but I know it was done right. I should check to see if they're still going, this was a few years ago now.
I remember you had a Shinola with orange face when we got :drunk: together in Ferndale, that thing is 5/7 :megusta:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I should start wearing them again. I used to only have watches with metal straps, but it’d be nice to get a decent leather one..
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:03 pm

I remember you had a Shinola with orange face when we got :drunk: together in Ferndale, that thing is 5/7 :megusta:
Yep, I've got the Whorage face Shinola with metal band...love it.

Wife bought me a Carbon Fiber face one for my 30th that was my daily.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:40 pm My dad was here for the weekend, rained Saturday on and off, but still got out for some fun. Last night we checked out a few hiking areas and got some good fresh air circulating. Then smoked and synced up Dark Side of the OZ, which he'd never done before and we were all :mindblown:

5/7 weekend.
I have a vague recollection of the Dark Side/OZ thing. Remind me what happens again unless it is described below (I will catch up).. something about a dude hanging himself in the background at the end of the song? I love Pink Floyd and wish I could have caught them live, Rush too :sad: . Sounds like a great weekend :doe: !

I worked 12 on Saturday and drove for 4 hrs but that was a monumental success walking an entire robotic equipment install through aside from my first visit which was to Project Manage the electrical piece. It is running well right now and I maneuver the operations remotely as they come across challenges, which at this point is only one occurrence where they stopped the machine to work on the existing equipment - trying to increase thru-put since my robot opens up new potential. the "high" of spearheading something fairly complicated, building up programs in old equipment and writing and developing an entire robot functionality in my robot in mere 12 hrs had me feeling energetic and alert for the drive home.

Sunday we swam in the pool, and had another swim today with the wifey, kids in school. Nicole was looking at weight loss detox drinks and I convinced her that we can do it on our own with a change to our diets and adding more weight training. We did a bunch of squats and lunges together in the back yard and both carried around reasonable weights to make it feel more like cardio/resistance training then weight lifting. Skip the detox :bs: drink and I made her a brotein shake and a salad with artichoke heart and some slices of brie cheese. Oil and balsamic lightly poured on for taste. So good!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:44 pm Sup. My Seiko has been stopping overnight a few nights in a row so I’m going to send it in to warranty. Yaaaaay
Japanese qUaLiTy!
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:46 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:44 pm Sup. My Seiko has been stopping overnight a few nights in a row so I’m going to send it in to warranty. Yaaaaay
Japanese qUaLiTy!
Jdm bro
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:34 pm I should start wearing them again. I used to only have watches with metal straps, but it’d be nice to get a decent leather one..

I got this G-Shock watch for my birthday a few years ago and is really the only thing I wear outside of fancy wedding/picture taking days. I barely know that I have it on and I like the dark grey/orange combo. Rook nice!

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:47 pm

Japanese qUaLiTy!
Jdm bro
I like JDM :jimp:
ChrisoftheNorth

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:40 pm My dad was here for the weekend, rained Saturday on and off, but still got out for some fun. Last night we checked out a few hiking areas and got some good fresh air circulating. Then smoked and synced up Dark Side of the OZ, which he'd never done before and we were all :mindblown:

5/7 weekend.
I have a vague recollection of the Dark Side/OZ thing. Remind me what happens again unless it is described below (I will catch up).. something about a dude hanging himself in the background at the end of the song? I love Pink Floyd and wish I could have caught them live, Rush too :sad: . Sounds like a great weekend :doe: !

I worked 12 on Saturday and drove for 4 hrs but that was a monumental success walking an entire robotic equipment install through aside from my first visit which was to Project Manage the electrical piece. It is running well right now and I maneuver the operations remotely as they come across challenges, which at this point is only one occurrence where they stopped the machine to work on the existing equipment - trying to increase thru-put since my robot opens up new potential. the "high" of spearheading something fairly complicated, building up programs in old equipment and writing and developing an entire robot functionality in my robot in mere 12 hrs had me feeling energetic and alert for the drive home.

Sunday we swam in the pool, and had another swim today with the wifey, kids in school. Nicole was looking at weight loss detox drinks and I convinced her that we can do it on our own with a change to our diets and adding more weight training. We did a bunch of squats and lunges together in the back yard and both carried around reasonable weights to make it feel more like cardio/resistance training then weight lifting. Skip the detox :bs: drink and I made her a brotein shake and a salad with artichoke heart and some slices of brie cheese. Oil and balsamic lightly poured on for taste. So good!
Dark side of the Oz or Wizzard of Floyd is when you sync up Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon with The Wizzard of OZ.

Start the movie and when the MGM Lion roars for the third time, hit play on Dark Side of the Moon. Scene transitions line up with song transitions eerily well, and there's a number of other elements that line up too. Also helps to have some alteration of the mind.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:40 pm Then smoked and synced up Dark Side of the OZ, which he'd never done before and we were all :mindblown:
I've done that, it's amazing.

One thing I lost in the flood I talk about is my 1966 Zenith turn table cabinet.
I can't tell you how many times after a long day I'd take a toke and put on "Us and Them"

I'm still a massive Pink Floyd fan.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:06 pm Start the movie and when the MGM Lion roars for the third time, hit play on Dark Side of the Moon. Scene transitions line up with song transitions eerily well, and there's a number of other elements that line up too. Also helps to have some alteration of the mind.
I know what I'm doing when I make a trip to Detroit.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Speaking of Vinyl, I bought the Quake game soundtrack on Vinyl. NIN re-released it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I never really got Pink Floyd or the Beatles.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:I never really got Pink Floyd or the Beatles.
:howdareyou:

I'm in the same boat. Stones too. They all have some good moments but largely do nothing for me.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:29 pm
Desertbreh wrote:I never really got Pink Floyd or the Beatles.
:howdareyou:

I'm in the same boat. Stones too. They all have some good moments but largely do nothing for me.
I like a lot of Stones stuff and anything Keith Richards does on his own and I like the Who/Pete Townsend.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:06 pm

Dark side of the Oz or Wizzard of Floyd is when you sync up Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon with The Wizzard of OZ.

Start the movie and when the MGM Lion roars for the third time, hit play on Dark Side of the Moon. Scene transitions line up with song transitions eerily well, and there's a number of other elements that line up too. Also helps to have some alteration of the mind.
:neat:

Obviously on the bolded, lol.. they probably wrote the song to the movie on purpose and high AF
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:26 pm I never really got Pink Floyd or the Beatles.
The Beatles didn't do much for me either, PF was kinda neat and in my play lists.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I find it ironic that if you want to buy a $300K house you have the bank crawling up your anoos for two months, which is a potentially appreciating asset, but if you want to buy a $90K Widebody Hellcat that is a depreciating toy all you have to do is walk in with a 730 FICO and 2 hours later you're on the road in your new peenmobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

5/7 weekend.

My wife is always getting excited about those dumb detoxes and stuff but never sticks with anything. I am always trying to convince her that it is really a simple matter of calories in versus out, eating nutritious foods, and being active in whatever way suits you. Weight training is best to change overall physique and metabolism, but many forms of cardio can be more enjoyable and very beneficial. :ohwell:

I just hope she uses this $1K spin bike she ordered that's coming in Wednesday. At least I'll have it for crappy winter days :doe:

I now have dumbells, resistance bands, brake rotors, and tree for pull ups at home + bikes/running and I feel pretty fit and stuff, not sure if/when I'll ever go back to a traditional gym to be honest.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:26 pm I never really got Pink Floyd or the Beatles.
Floyd is mixed for me, there are some really kickass songs, the guitar solo on Comfortably Numb is my favorite ever. A lot of the songs are just too much weird, psychedelic riffing sessions that I have a hard time getting in to.

The Beatles I always considered to be the most overrated artists of all time, but weirdly I started liking them a few years ago. My old boss who had been a touring drummer and audio engineer prior to moving to the manufacturing side, was a massive fan and talked me into giving them more of a chance and they grew on me a lot. Still overrated though.

Led Zeppelin is my favorite "classic rock" band by a long shot, then once you get into the 80s/90s, I like abunch of shit.

5/7 would toke up and do the Dark Side/Oz thing with Infamous and Chris :doe:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:45 pm

My wife is always getting excited about those dumb detoxes and stuff but never sticks with anything. I am always trying to convince her that it is really a simple matter of calories in versus out, eating nutritious foods, and being active in whatever way suits you. Weight training is best to change overall physique and metabolism, but many forms of cardio can be more enjoyable and very beneficial. :ohwell:

I just hope she uses this $1K spin bike she ordered that's coming in Wednesday. At least I'll have it for crappy winter days :doe:

I now have dumbells, resistance bands, brake rotors, and tree for pull ups at home + bikes/running and I feel pretty fit and stuff, not sure if/when I'll ever go back to a traditional gym to be honest.
I just need a power cage, a barbell and 350 lbs of weights and I could pretty much stay out of the gym. That would get your deadlifts, squats, pullups and OHP. Only thing missing really is bench press which you could also do on there if I bought a bench. TBH I have just subbed 150 pushups for "chest day" and it works well enough. Where I've really lost mass strengh is in the legs, both quad and hammy, without the deadlift and squat work. The rest is pretty OK. I will get zero shit from the wife setting up outside given the fact that I would be doing so to avoid the VID.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:45 pm

Same, I flat out said that I'm not accepting of her going out and buying a detox kit, the expenses are killing me. I'm out wearing the same clothes twice before washing and maximizing my expense to profit ratio on the road and she has these packages shipped to our house to 'loose weight' or feel better yet she refuses to do actual proper physical conditioning of any sort. She's on a treadmill quite a bit but slacking as motivation dries up. I get that, but I am not cool with the gimmick purchases anymore.

I might have sounded a little :triggered: when saying it haha. Either way she agreed to chill on purchasing the detox.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:06 pm Start the movie and when the MGM Lion roars for the third time, hit play on Dark Side of the Moon. Scene transitions line up with song transitions eerily well, and there's a number of other elements that line up too. Also helps to have some alteration of the mind.
I know what I'm doing when I make a trip to Northern Michigan.
FTFY

Would be a great time.