OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:19 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:14 am I had a Mexican bowl last night with some fajita veggies I made:

Bed of spinach and rice with ground turkey, black beans and corn cooked in taco seasoning plus fajita veggies and some salsa, cheese and Greek yogurt. It was 5/7.
:drool:

Greek yogurt has proved to make a phenomenal sour cream/mayo/cream substitute in a number of dishes/dips for us. 5/7
Yeah there are a few instances where it's meh... like as sour cream on a baked potato without other toppings, but it is fantastic in most cases. 5/7 substitute.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:28 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:19 am
:drool:

Greek yogurt has proved to make a phenomenal sour cream/mayo/cream substitute in a number of dishes/dips for us. 5/7
Yeah there are a few instances where it's meh... like as sour cream on a baked potato without other toppings, but it is fantastic in most cases. 5/7 substitute.
I don't put it straight up on much, but it doesn't take much seasoning mixed in to make it outstanding. Garlic powder, smoked paprika, hell sometimes just black pepper or tajin. 5/7.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

:fuckyeah: Hopefully this materializes, this will be the most snow we've gotten in one storm this season, and it's low. The lake can make it worse :doe: :excited:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:27 am
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:25 am
It’s under the intake manifold :rage:
:wat:

What's the replacement interval on that?

Makes a bit more sense because they probably included it in the engine assembly for easier building at the plant.
I don’t know the reason, this vehicle is the easiest to maintain on every single level except for this.
The 3.4 v6 has it in the back next to the fuel tank on the frame rail like any normal vehicle. The 2.4/2.7 has it mounted to the engine block under the intake manifold.

Why ? Who the fk knows.

Reminds me of having to take off the front bumper to change the turn signal on my TDI. And taking off the rear bumper on the Q5 to change a light also... German car things on something without a belt tensioner and power windows :wtf:
Last edited by max225 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:45 am

Makes a bit more sense because they probably included it in the engine assembly for easier building at the plant.
I don’t know the reason, this vehicle is the easiest to maintain on every single level except for this.
The 3.4 v6 has it in the back next to the fuel tank on the frame rail like any normal vehicle. The 2.4/2.7 has it mounted to the engine block under the intake manifold.

Why ? Who the fk knows
Oh wow. That makes no sense.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Why ? Who the fk knows.

Reminds me of having to take off the front bumper to change the turn signal on my TDI. And taking off the rear bumper on the Q5 to change a light also... German car things on something without a belt tensioner and power windows :wtf:
How often do you change a fuel filter :doe: ?

I think I recall changing one once in 16 years of owning cars. Maybe I'm doing it :wrong:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:06 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:35 pm The extra studying time away paid off, :tits: landed a promotion to the tune of $10k. This will go a long way to relieve her overall stress, and boost her confidence. The extra income is perfect as well, since she was on a spending tear in Nov/Dec, and we are finally pounding out that line of credit this month.
:nice: :mahman: !

Congrats to her and your family. Does this mean she is now in a permanent position as well? IIRC she was contracted before and had to constantly fight to keep the gig?
Thanks Dan, yes that's it for her contract renewal saga. They kind of drag their heels for two years before they start locking a person in, I think it helps them weed out the ones that they don't like, but for a unionized role I'm amazed that they don't get grieved for it. Either way, Nicole is locked in to this role and income level at minimum. I'm really happy for her, and can sense her relief in her daily reactions during working hours.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:01 pm

Why ? Who the fk knows.

I think I recall changing one once in 16 years of owning cars. Maybe I'm doing it :wrong:
Depends. I would say at least once every 100k. Or 7 years whichever comes first.

This one has 255k miles on it
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:08 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:01 pm

Depends. I would say at least once every 100k. Or 7 years whichever comes first.

This one has 255k miles on it
Probably should replace it on the C5 now that you mention it... I've had it for seven years and it's at 115K miles. :ohwell:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Man, I am not feelin' it with work today... Need ze weekend.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:16 pm Man, I am not feelin' it with work today... Need ze weekend.
12 Hours yesterday with another 7am meeting and a 6pm tonight has really burned me out. I really need tomorrow to be chill.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:19 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:16 pm Man, I am not feelin' it with work today... Need ze weekend.
12 Hours yesterday with another 7am meeting and a 6pm tonight has really burned me out. I really need tomorrow to be chill.
:disgust:

It hasn't been a bad week for me... just ready for a vacation.

:lolol: I was off for over two weeks in December.
max225

Ah the joys of WFH
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:30 pm
Ah the joys of WFH
I can handle the long hours at home WAY better than in the office. Yesterday would have been 12 hours regardless, at least at home I can mute myself and yell, or go for a walk, or something to relax. In the office, I was just inundated with constant :bs: that pushed me to the bring nearly daily.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The great thing about sales is that you are sort of just left to make shit happen on your own. I have maybe 1-2 hours/day tops of mandatory calls/meetings, the rest is up to me to make happen.

This is fantastic but it can be really tough to stay motivated at home when no external forces are really making you.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:09 am Man fajitas sound so good
What are "man fajitas"? :dong: :meat: ? :iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:41 pm The great thing about sales is that you are sort of just left to make shit happen on your own. I have maybe 1-2 hours/day tops of mandatory calls/meetings, the rest is up to me to make happen.

This is fantastic but it can be really tough to stay motivated at home when no external forces are really making you.
I would have a hard time staying motivated, personally. Especially since most of the selling day is usually being told "no". It's just the nature of the profession.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Helped some guys here with a camera investigation.

Had our access control integrator come do free preventative maintenance due to them being bored waiting for their big contract to start up.

Took tomorrow off because :aintcare:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:40 pm Helped some guys here with a camera investigation.

Had our access control integrator come do free preventative maintenance due to them being bored waiting for their big contract to start up.

Took tomorrow off because :aintcare:
:jelly:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:41 pm The great thing about sales is that you are sort of just left to make shit happen on your own. I have maybe 1-2 hours/day tops of mandatory calls/meetings, the rest is up to me to make happen.

I would have a hard time staying motivated, personally. Especially since most of the selling day is usually being told "no". It's just the nature of the profession.
A lot of it is just shooting the shit with the same customers/companies over and over... the toughest for me is just picking up the phone to call someone when I really have nothing important to say.
ChrisoftheNorth

:fuckyeah: made it to Friday.

The "snow storm" ended up dropping ~4 inches on us last night. Hilariously low. Pretty intense winds made some :impressive: snow drifts :doe: Going to get some exercise clearing the snow in a bit here. :excited:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:03 pm
A lot of it is just shooting the shit with the same customers/companies over and over... the toughest for me is just picking up the phone to call someone when I really have nothing important to say.
This would indeed be the hardest.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:05 am :fuckyeah: made it to Friday.

The "snow storm" ended up dropping ~4 inches on us last night. Hilariously low. Pretty intense winds made some :impressive: snow drifts :doe: Going to get some exercise clearing the snow in a bit here. :excited:
:nice:

It rained here over night, it's now cloudy, but the high is in the mid fifties today, I will go for a run this afternoon and it should feel pretty good.

I had to drive :tits: to work today because she's going to the mountains with a couple friends from work after the school day ends today. I took the :doge: and went on a nice walk downtown with him (her school is in center city), it was pretty cool, totally empty with the rain plus low temps, I guess the homeless all sheltered up over night. 5/7 to walk amongst the sky scrapers with just me and the :doge: and no one else around.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:20 am

:nice:

It rained here over night, it's now cloudy, but the high is in the mid fifties today, I will go for a run this afternoon and it should feel pretty good.

I had to drive :tits: to work today because she's going to the mountains with a couple friends from work after the school day ends today. I took the :doge: and went on a nice walk downtown with him (her school is in center city), it was pretty cool, totally empty with the rain plus low temps, I guess the homeless all sheltered up over night. 5/7 to walk amongst the sky scrapers with just me and the :doge: and no one else around.
I love walking around quiet cities. During the height of the lockdown, :tits: and I walked around downtown Detroit with the same result. Was 5/7.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah:

We had a couple - 3 " of heavy, wet snow fall yesterday, just ahead of a huge temp drop. It was mid-30's pretty much all day yesterday so I went out and shoveled during a lull in the snowfall after dinner last night. I wanted to get the wet, slushy stuff removed before the cold snap hit and froze all that shit on my driveway and sidewalks. 45 minutes of moving heavy, wet snow is indeed a workout. The snow started up again while I was out there :ohwell: and the wind picked up, bringing in the cold. :disgust:
Woke up to 10F this morning. It's going to continue to drop through the weekend. Expecting a HIGH on Sunday of 5F. :impressive:
Also on Sunday, we're going to go "visit" my mom at her retirement community along with my bro and his family because she turns 90 on Monday. These days, a "visit" there means standing outside her apartment waving to her while she looks at us out her window while we talk to her over the phone since they're still on lockdown and visitors aren't allowed. :lolol:
Should be fun doing that in 5* weather. :notsure:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.