OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:doge: >> :baby:

I want to get an outdoor cat :doe: since it wouldn't freeze to death down there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:22 pm :doge: >> :baby:

I want to get an outdoor cat :doe: since it wouldn't freeze to death down there.
I actually would recommend a :doge: , didn't want one but it ended up being 5/7. :pussy: is definitely easier :doe: Are you guys allergic? We always had indoor/outdoor growing up which worked out well.
troyguitar

No wild animals allowed in our house/car. She's mildly allergic and I'm not willing to clean up after them. Outdoor cat is pretty much the most work I'd sign up for. :millennial:

Just feed it enough to keep it from running away, and enjoy having a safari experience in your back yard.
troyguitar

What I don't know yet is how you feed a cat without feeding the rest of neighborhood vermin. Our airbnb hosts have an outdoor cat though so that's on my list of questions for them about lyfe as Florida Man.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:33 pm What I don't know yet is how you feed a cat without feeding the rest of neighborhood vermin. Our airbnb hosts have an outdoor cat though so that's on my list of questions for them about lyfe as Florida Man.
:mahtroy: is back ?!

:amazing:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:07 pm We can't afford utopia, but are trying to get into Florida instead. At least it's warm. This, or at least this neighborhood, is the top of the list at the moment:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2525 ... 0489_zpid/

Pfizer shots kick take effect in 5 weeks and our airbnb is booked 2 blocks from that house for April 12 - May 15. Depending on what happens between now and then, we'll either look at houses in person or be signing closing papers. Getting the office to sign off on 100% remote work is an ongoing battle but I'm not waiting any longer. I'm moving this year, alone if necessary.
Y'all got shots ? The fk is going on. You can't just join into a conversation without updating us on the last couple of months
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:07 pm We can't afford utopia, but are trying to get into Florida instead. At least it's warm. This, or at least this neighborhood, is the top of the list at the moment:

Pfizer shots kick take effect in 5 weeks and our airbnb is booked 2 blocks from that house for April 12 - May 15. Depending on what happens between now and then, we'll either look at houses in person or be signing closing papers. Getting the office to sign off on 100% remote work is an ongoing battle but I'm not waiting any longer. I'm moving this year, alone if necessary.
Y'all got shots ? The fk is going on. You can't just join into a conversation without updating us on the last couple of months
I traded my car for a 5G injection from the blue pill factory and it made my arm stiff. :thisisfine:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:04 pm
max225 wrote:
I traded my car for a 5G injection from the blue pill factory and it made my arm stiff. :thisisfine:
:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Pfizer shots take effect in 5 weeks and our airbnb is booked 2 blocks from that house for April 12 - May 15. Depending on what happens between now and then, we'll either look at houses in person or be signing closing papers. Getting the office to sign off on 100% remote work is an ongoing battle but I'm not waiting any longer. I'm moving this year, alone if necessary.
We moved to SoFLa from NE NJ in 2005 Stayed though most of 2010... I liked it much more than I expected to. We were on the East coast near West Palm Beach. We visited the Gulf coast a bit and always really liked it over there.

What drew you to the particular area that this house is in?
troyguitar

Irish wrote:

Pfizer shots take effect in 5 weeks and our airbnb is booked 2 blocks from that house for April 12 - May 15. Depending on what happens between now and then, we'll either look at houses in person or be signing closing papers. Getting the office to sign off on 100% remote work is an ongoing battle but I'm not waiting any longer. I'm moving this year, alone if necessary.
We moved to SoFLa from NE NJ in 2005 Stayed though most of 2010... I liked it much more than I expected to. We were on the East coast near West Palm Beach. We visited the Gulf coast a bit and always really liked it over there.

It's supposed to be the most libtarded part of Florida, yet you can still buy a house in walking distance of everything for 6 figures. Yuge growth for awhile now, we're hoping to jump on the train before it leaves the station.

One of my only real life friends also lives nearby in Sarasota.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

There’s a taco chain here called Velvet Taco. :nice: :pussy: innuendo
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:34 pm
Irish wrote:

It's supposed to be the most libtarded part of Florida, yet you can still buy a house in walking distance of everything for 6 figures. Yuge growth for awhile now, we're hoping to jump on the train before it leaves the station.

Florida big cities/metro areas are either hardcore Trump or hardcore Lib. No in between. Best to pick where you want and deal with it. FWIW most gulf coast places tend to be more old conservative white dudes (and this is from someone that lived/grew up in Florida for 20+ years.) south Florida is fairly liberal (at least Broward county) but COL is a lot higher as of late.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:48 pm There’s a taco chain here called Velvet Taco. :nice: :pussy: innuendo
:hue:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:04 pm
max225 wrote:
Did you get a new ride yet ?
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:04 pm I traded my car for a 5G injection from the blue pill factory and it made my arm stiff. :thisisfine:
Nah, neither of us drives so 1 car is plenty. Maybe if we get to FL and have parking I'll get an old Boxster or something, but for now there's no use.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:23 am
max225 wrote:
Nah, neither of us drives so 1 car is plenty. Maybe if we get to FL and have parking I'll get an old Boxster or something, but for now there's no use.
Poorscha ! Awesome plan. One day I too hope to reach the pinnacle of non bespoke/ultra rare badges.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:34 pm
Irish wrote:

Yep Tampa and Miami/Ft Laudable metros are the only non super conservative areas as far as I know. They are also the only places I think I’d consider living in FL (or right on a beach if I could afford).

:neat:

How’s the bike going as a replacement for car stuff?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:05 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:38 pm

:word:

Makes sense, I will still look into it if/when the time comes. Adding a second story is :waxer: and I'm not blowing six figures on this place unless that includes a nice garage. Location is great but not :unicorn: ... the trouble is that a house in this neighborhood with >1500 sq. ft. and a garage is $700K+.
Right...which is where if you feel you live in an ideal location and don't want to leave, it could make sense adding on some sq footage and garage...if that's possible.

There's specific property offset requirements for out buildings, you might end up putting the garage in the backyard, which as you noted is valuable living space to you.

The other issue is that garages are :waxer: to build and add minimal value to the house. You better REALLY want to stay put if you're dropping the coin for that. I want to build another garage on my property, but I need to feel more comfortable that we're in this place for the long haul before doing that because it's just money lit on fire.

And before people call me :wrong: I just sold a house with a brand new fucking garage, while the people who bought the house cared, very few who looked at it did. And those that did care, the house was out of their price range. It was probably too expensive for the people that bought it, even.
I’d tend to agree. If nothing else, it does broaden your potential buyer, but there’s better bang for your buck haus investments.

I’d love to expand my garage 6-10’ towards the rear, but I’ll probably just put up a lean-to at some point and move yard maintenance shit out there.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:26 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:01 pm

Houston would require like a 5X pay upgrade.
No amount make me move to Houston.
:dat:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:55 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:34 pm It's supposed to be the most libtarded part of Florida, yet you can still buy a house in walking distance of everything for 6 figures. Yuge growth for awhile now, we're hoping to jump on the train before it leaves the station.

Yep Tampa and Miami/Ft Laudable metros are the only non super conservative areas as far as I know. They are also the only places I think I’d consider living in FL (or right on a beach if I could afford).

https://www.wesh.com/article/florida-el ... p/34931148#

The whole living somewhere based on how people vote is kinda :mindblown: to me though.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

4zilch wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:02 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:05 pm
Right...which is where if you feel you live in an ideal location and don't want to leave, it could make sense adding on some sq footage and garage...if that's possible.

There's specific property offset requirements for out buildings, you might end up putting the garage in the backyard, which as you noted is valuable living space to you.

The other issue is that garages are :waxer: to build and add minimal value to the house. You better REALLY want to stay put if you're dropping the coin for that. I want to build another garage on my property, but I need to feel more comfortable that we're in this place for the long haul before doing that because it's just money lit on fire.

And before people call me :wrong: I just sold a house with a brand new fucking garage, while the people who bought the house cared, very few who looked at it did. And those that did care, the house was out of their price range. It was probably too expensive for the people that bought it, even.
I’d tend to agree. If nothing else, it does broaden your potential buyer, but there’s better bang for your buck haus investments.

I’d love to expand my garage 6-10’ towards the rear, but I’ll probably just put up a lean-to at some point and move yard maintenance shit out there.
The original owner of our house extended the garage back 10 feet just for additional storage. It's awesome to get yard shit in there so the garage is open for stuff I care about.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

4zilch wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:16 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:55 am

https://www.wesh.com/article/florida-el ... p/34931148#

The whole living somewhere based on how people vote is kinda :mindblown: to me though.
:dat:

I get it to an extent, you have to interact with people you live around so you want them to be at least somewhat like minded, but I've found that every metro area can have people you identify with.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Man I’d forgotten how good it feels to wake up early and knock out cardio before work. Gives me good energy for the rest of the day.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:48 pm There’s a taco chain here called Velvet Taco. :nice: :pussy: innuendo
:like: :lol:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.