OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:50 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:07 pm

Yep. Because I blow up at people on email occasionally.

Basically I just need to stop talking, just keep getting the shit kicked out of me and not say a word to anyone.
Bottling everything up always works out fantastically.
Let it all out here brah.
:dat:

I certainly use this as a safe space to vent about work.

Sorry to hear it, ‘pex. :disappoint:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:29 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:26 am
:fuckyeah:

Rumors are swirling at work that we're going to get full bonuses this year. Most people have bosses that tell them, mine DGAF and it will just randomly pop up in my paycheck. Today could be a :fuckyeah: day. Double if GME goes to the moon. :lolol: :yeahok:
We’re getting a small(ish) bonus. Depending on production challenges, next year could be a :fullretard: :troywax: bonus doe.
:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

4zilch wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:29 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:26 am
:fuckyeah:

Rumors are swirling at work that we're going to get full bonuses this year. Most people have bosses that tell them, mine DGAF and it will just randomly pop up in my paycheck. Today could be a :fuckyeah: day. Double if GME goes to the moon. :lolol: :yeahok:
We’re getting a small(ish) bonus. Depending on production challenges, next year could be a :fullretard: :troywax: bonus doe.
Mine is below target, but at least I'm getting one, so whatever. Zero complaining.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Filling out a rental application tonight to be Griff's neighbor. Wish ya boy some luck.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:33 pm Filling out a rental application tonight to be Griff's neighbor. Wish ya boy some luck.
Just tell Griff to grab your future landlords dick. That’ll keep things simple
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:15 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:33 pm Filling out a rental application tonight to be Griff's neighbor. Wish ya boy some luck.
What if the landlord enjoys that?
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:19 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:15 pm

What if the landlord enjoys that?
We're counting on that....
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Hit up a recommended realtor today to start getting us into some :haus:
Going to reach out to the mortgage folks at work and get that ball rolling. :doomed: :fullretard:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:32 pm Hit up a recommended realtor today to start getting us into some :haus:
Going to reach out to the mortgage folks at work and get that ball rolling. :doomed: :fullretard:
Thought you mentioned that you were almost fired this week... I don't want to be that guy, but is a new house note a wise idea at this time? Have things changed on the work front?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This Covid sitch with my kid having close contact with a +1 has turned into both kids locked down at home for the next two weeks, well the younger kid can go back if we test negative. The weather really sucks, and home schooling is a misery when I need to manage them both. Wife :nope: out and locks herself in the master bedroom when she works :lolol:
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:21 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:32 pm Hit up a recommended realtor today to start getting us into some :haus:
Thought you mentioned that you were almost fired this week... I don't want to be that guy, but is a new house note a wise idea at this time? Have things changed on the work front?
Work is my own enemy. If I stfu I won’t have any issues.
And gotta live somewhere...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:07 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:21 pm

That's not too bad then, I used to be the same way. Life kicked the shit out of me and now I only complain if I see a safety concern. Otherwise I'm :ohwell: :aintcare: anymore.

It really sucks to see :fullretard: actions, especially when they impact my (your) output. My blood boils thinking about some of the stuff that goes on.

Hey remember when we were talking about recoveries, did this one end up being a V or W or something else, in your opinion?
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:21 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:07 pm

That's not too bad then, I used to be the same way. Life kicked the shit out of me and now I only complain if I see a safety concern. Otherwise I'm :ohwell: :aintcare: anymore.

It really sucks to see :fullretard: actions, especially when they impact my (your) output. My blood boils thinking about some of the stuff that goes on.

Hey remember when we were talking about recoveries, did this one end up being a V or W or something else, in your opinion?
Recovery? I don’t remember...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:37 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:21 pm

Recovery? I don’t remember...
:ohwell: not to worry man. Good luck with the house hunting!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:nice: dude. Home ownership comes with its ups and downs, but overall is pretty great. Any thoughts on location/type?

I would seriously consider town house life if you/your wife aren't against the shared wall thing. You can save sooo much time not doing a ton of yard :bs: and have more to enjoy wheelin', MTB, lifting, hanging with the fam, etc.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:22 am
:nice: dude. Home ownership comes with its ups and downs, but overall is pretty great. Any thoughts on location/type?

I would seriously consider town house life if you/your wife aren't against the shared wall thing. You can save sooo much time not doing a ton of yard :bs: and have more to enjoy wheelin', MTB, lifting, hanging with the fam, etc.
Small single family home. Sub 1500sq ft, with a yard for the dogs and kiddo to play in.

I get the bene’s of townhouse life, but apartment living makes me hate sharing walls with neighbors.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, happy Monday everyone.

I am feeling :notbad: for a Monday. Weekend was 5/7. Chilled with the wife over cofvefe/breakfast at home both mornings. Saturday I went out with two buddies on our vintage road bikes, road all over CLT and hit up some breweries. Yesterday I prepped the C5 for the track next weekend, cleaned the Beep Beep/C5 interior, had a little backyard cookout at my sister's.

This week should be OK, working a virtual tradeshow booth quite a bit, which at least breaks up the monotony of work. February was also the first month in over a year that I exceeded my sales quota. Feels pretty good.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:25 am

Small single family home. Sub 1500sq ft, with a yard for the dogs and kiddo to play in.

I get the bene’s of townhouse life, but apartment living makes me hate sharing walls with neighbors.
Makes sense, that is our setup. 1140 sq. ft. house on 0.22 acres. I actually do love the patio/back yard for all my bitching about it. Makes dog ownership way easier and it is a great place to chill.
ChrisoftheNorth

This is the way.

Keep the house small...don't fall victim to more is better. It's not at all. And buy the area, not the house.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:20 am

This is the way.

Keep the house small...don't fall victim to more is better. It's not at all. And buy the area, not the house.
Most of the stuff we are finding are like 1200sqft plus basements. So we have all the storage we need, I can put a rack and weights down there, spin bike, etc.
All we need and nothing we don’t.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:27 am
This is the way.

Most of the stuff we are finding are like 1200sqft plus basements. So we have all the storage we need, I can put a rack and weights down there, spin bike, etc.
A full basement has so much usability opportunity, it's crazy. Definitely the way to go IMO.

Most :rage: thing in the Detroit area old houses tended to be built with "Michigan basements" that were maybe 5' deep. We saw some perfect houses, then got to the basement and I didn't have a chance of standing up. Ruined it for me. Hopefully that's just a stupid old Michigan thing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

This is the way.

:jelly: of the bolded. Our house is a :nice: size for living space at about that square footage, but stuff like the spin bike, my bikes, storage, etc. sucks since we don't have basements here really. I would probably even set up my office down there if I could just to have more space.

:ohwell:

Do y'all plan to have any more kids?
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:52 am

:jelly: of the bolded. Our house is a :nice: size for living space at about that square footage, but stuff like the spin bike, my bikes, storage, etc. sucks since we don't have basements here really. I would probably even set up my office down there if I could just to have more space.

:ohwell:

Do y'all plan to have any more kids?
Our house doesn't have a basement...I didn't realize how much I'd miss it.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I could never live in a :haus: without a basement.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.