OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I believe that the future of corporate world will be a hybrid of WFH and working onsite. As others said above, some people cannot WFH for various reasons including most importantly socioeconomic and technical. We have call center reps that can’t afford a home office or fully shutting themselves off. Usually they have dependents to care for and getting a call and having a dog barking or a baby yelling in the background is not what most want to hear when they’re calling about bank account ?’s

Each business unit will probably set their own limits and workflow, but for most of the bulk of employees I see a setup like:

Same team/business unit:
- Worker 1: week 1 on-site M/W/F; week 2 on-site T/Th

-Worker 2: week 1 on site T/Th; week 2 on-site M/W/F
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:20 pm I believe that the future of corporate world will be a hybrid of WFH and working onsite. As others said above, some people cannot WFH for various reasons including most importantly socioeconomic and technical. We have call center reps that can’t afford a home office or fully shutting themselves off. Usually they have dependents to care for and getting a call and having a dog barking or a baby yelling in the background is not what most want to hear when they’re calling about bank account ?’s

Each business unit will probably set their own limits and workflow, but for most of the bulk of employees I see a setup like:

Same team/business unit:

Being Worker X, I'd probably *miss* all kinds of on-site days LOL
Last edited by Tar on Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:20 pm I believe that the future of corporate world will be a hybrid of WFH and working onsite. As others said above, some people cannot WFH for various reasons including most importantly socioeconomic and technical. We have call center reps that can’t afford a home office or fully shutting themselves off. Usually they have dependents to care for and getting a call and having a dog barking or a baby yelling in the background is not what most want to hear when they’re calling about bank account ?’s

Same team/business unit:

I really hope there isn't a schedule which implies WFH is a privilege. I'd rather just see coming into the office "as needed". For those individuals where being at home is a burden, let them come in M-F if they want. Others can stay home if they want. In my case, I'd love to just be WFH unless I need to go review something in person...which could happen once a month or so.

I know that ambiguity like that works better in theory than practice, but I can dream.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:06 pm

Same team/business unit:

I really hope there isn't a schedule which implies WFH is a privilege. I'd rather just see coming into the office "as needed". For those individuals where being at home is a burden, let them come in M-F if they want. Others can stay home if they want. In my case, I'd love to just be WFH unless I need to go review something in person...which could happen once a month or so.

I know that ambiguity like that works better in theory than practice, but I can dream.
One of my former departments had this policy, informally, for years. Got shit to take care of? Not feeling so hot? Just don't feel like coming in and you have the ability to WFH. Just do it. NBD.

Be accessible, and get your work done :bread:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:29 pm

One of my former departments had this policy, informally, for years. Got shit to take care of? Not feeling so hot? Just don't feel like coming in and you have the ability to WFH. Just do it. NBD.

I haven't been in the office since March, not once. I haven't let a single thing drop, have missed nothing not going in, and I've always been accessible...including at 7pm last night for some :bs: freakout from the boss. I see no reason why they'd force us back.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390

This is how my current set up is.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

How legit do you guys think Joe Rogan is? A good buddy of mine is all worked up about an episode where they delve into the probability that aliens are in communication with military higher-ups... etc etc etc. I'm all for aliens that haven't already enslaved and/or destroyed us, besides that my internal reaction falls somewhere between :aintcare: and :wtf:

Maybe we will be a less stupid species after a few interactions? :iono:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

In other important news....

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:45 pm How legit do you guys think Joe Rogan is? A good buddy of mine is all worked up about an episode where they delve into the probability that aliens are in communication with military higher-ups... etc etc etc. I'm all for aliens that haven't already enslaved and/or destroyed us, besides that my internal reaction falls somewhere between :aintcare: and :wtf:

I think he provides an outlet for a lot of less-than-legit people.

That being said, if aliens aren’t here to kill us, I’m all for it.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:55 pm In other important news....

Troy is a doctor?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Yeah I was in do my own thing land for years with the Bang Bus and got back to that pre-COVID at this place after trying to quit. One of the things I told my boss I needed to stay was flexibility - trust me to do my thing and let me do it on my own terms. He has stayed true to his word with that for over a year now.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:11 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:55 pm In other important news....

Troy is a doctor?
I made the observation once some time ago that Mr. Brown does indeed look like Getty Lee. :lol: :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:10 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:45 pm How legit do you guys think Joe Rogan is? A good buddy of mine is all worked up about an episode where they delve into the probability that aliens are in communication with military higher-ups... etc etc etc. I'm all for aliens that haven't already enslaved and/or destroyed us, besides that my internal reaction falls somewhere between :aintcare: and :wtf:

I think he provides an outlet for a lot of less-than-legit people.

That being said, if aliens aren’t here to kill us, I’m all for it.
:dat: is my thought too, either we get invaded and die, or the become less :fullretard:

My biggest fear would be humans attacking and killing the poor buggers.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:38 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am
:hai:

I've gone full hippy in the last few months. Eating much much cleaner, way more veggies, thinking more about our environmental impact, etc.
You fucking liberal cuck.
:lolol: I live in a concrete bunker on the top of a hill in Northern MI without any real government to speak of.

:caspian:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:45 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:31 pm
I haven't been in the office since March, not once. I haven't let a single thing drop, have missed nothing not going in, and I've always been accessible...including at 7pm last night for some :bs: freakout from the boss. I see no reason why they'd force us back.
Because :okboomer: , that's why.
:notwrong:
razr390

If you follow Joe Rogan, you will see that he brings a lot of different viewpoint experts on his show, let’s them ramble and then plays with his own curiosities based on their expertise.

He basically has these questions he wants to ask, and he lets people come talk. He has alien people, Alex Jones, Dave Chappelle, outdoorsmen, navy seals, etc.

His podcast/platform is great for learning about things you might never look up or come across on your own.

I never dug him until recently, since I started becoming a huge podcast guy.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Joe rogan turned into a soft cuck ever since announcing and then following through the BS Spotify deal. If I wanted to watch/listen to the cuck agenda I’d turn on CNN, the cuck news network
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:06 am Joe rogan turned into a soft cuck ever since announcing and then following through the BS Spotify deal. If I wanted to watch/listen to the cuck agenda I’d turn on CNN, the cuck news network
I'm not really sure what this means. Never listened to Rogan :doe:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:40 am I'm not really sure what this means. Never listened to Rogan :doe:
I've been listening to him less lately just out of a lack of time, but if anything he's been more right-leaning since getting fed up with the liberal leadership in California and moving to Texas, IMO.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:40 am
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:06 am Joe rogan turned into a soft cuck ever since announcing and then following through the BS Spotify deal. If I wanted to watch/listen to the cuck agenda I’d turn on CNN, the cuck news network
I'm not really sure what this means. Never listened to Rogan :doe:
:dat: :iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

:wat:

They don’t control who he talks to or what he says. He had Alex Jones on after Spotify ffs even when their employees threatened to walk away
max225

razr390 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:44 am

They don’t control who he talks to or what he says. He had Alex Jones on after Spotify ffs even when their employees threatened to walk away
If you watched him from years ago you’d see a difference. He has turned way more PC when he talks and interacts with his guests. But I guess that all makes sense since he is getting the liberal cucks as part of his audience now to get paid
razr390

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:06 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:44 am

If you watched him from years ago you’d see a difference. He has turned way more PC when he talks and interacts with his guests. But I guess that all makes sense since he is getting the liberal cucks as part of his audience now to get paid
Interesting. You say this but others say he’s gone more right wing (few posts up). Hmm
max225

razr390 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:32 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:06 pm

Interesting. You say this but others say he’s gone more right wing (few posts up). Hmm
Imo he was in the center which is what made him so good. If 1 is a full on Blue guilt cuck and 10 was a full on red bible humper, he went from 6 to 4 IMO. And I sort of lost interest... too bad as he had entertaining guests.

Same goes for Howard stern they followed the exact same path, now Howard is impossible to listen to, and about 10 years ago he was pretty entertaining before moving to “satellite radio”
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:34 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:32 pm

Imo he was in the center which is what made him so good. If 1 is a full on Blue guilt cuck and 10 was a full on red bible humper, he went from 6 to 4 IMO. And I sort of lost interest... too bad as he had entertaining guests.

Same goes for Howard stern they followed the exact same path, now Howard is impossible to listen to, and about 10 years ago he was pretty entertaining before moving to “satellite radio”
Selling out and going all corporate always changes things... even when the individual(s) and corporations don't want it to.