OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:56 pm Saw my first mask karen at Costco. She was giving the manager a bunch of shit over being asked by the employee at the entrance to wear the mask. I chuckled but let the off duty cop working the store outside that he might get called over a Karen throwing a fit about the mask. He kinda laughed and said thanks for the heads up.

First real display of bitching about masks I’ve seen in public.
Your Governor has opened your state and eradicated the VID just as surely as Moses delivered the word of God from Mount Sinai.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:56 pm Saw my first mask karen at Costco. She was giving the manager a bunch of shit over being asked by the employee at the entrance to wear the mask. I chuckled but let the off duty cop working the store outside that he might get called over a Karen throwing a fit about the mask. He kinda laughed and said thanks for the heads up.

Your Governor has opened your state and eradicated the VID just as surely as Moses delivered the word of God from Mount Sinai.
This is why we aren't leaving home until we're both vaccinated.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:24 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
This is why we aren't leaving home until we're both vaccinated.
IIRC, the Guv announced that "Texans are experts" at avoiding the VID. Too bad you're stuck in Hoth or U WUD B AN XPERT TOO.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:14 pm

County and City limits are keeping masking not as a mandate but as a recommendation. Businesses here are ALL requiring masking. I haven’t seen one business in city limits that are lax about it. Most people still do it.

It really amazes me. I don’t politicize it, I just view it as a common courtesy. Just like I’d view someone not wearing clothes or whatever walking into a place of business. :ohwell:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:35 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:24 pm This is why we aren't leaving home until we're both vaccinated.
IIRC, the Guv announced that "Texans are experts" at avoiding the VID. Too bad you're stuck in Hoth or U WUD B AN XPERT TOO.
I mean I won’t prop him up, but he said that it’s a personal responsibility and it shouldn’t be “government mandated” anymore. He emphasized that this does not mean masks or distancing is going away, however most muh rights read the first part and then go harass managers at Costco instead.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

It common decency like covering your mouth when you sneeze and washing your hands after you wipe your ass...

the people that object to it are the epitome of the selfish, self-centeredness that has become so pervasive in this country......

I'm vaccinated....
in 10 days I should be good to go.....

I am still going to wear my mask because:
a) I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable,
b) I don't want anyone shaking their head at me the way that I shake my head at "non-maskers" and
c) It is possible that I could still be a carrier...

I don't know when it became okay to be a stark raving fuckwad in in this country but for the first time in my life I am seriously considering moving abroad......
troyguitar

I will wear a mask because my face looks better when it's covered. :science:
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:10 pm I will wear a mask because my face looks better when it's covered. :science:
How to: go from a 4 to an 8 in 10 seconds!
troyguitar

The only way I'm going to be an 8 is if I'm being evaluated from behind by a white dude who doesn't realize that I'm also a dude.

I kind of think that this is a large reason why I am treated so aggressively sometimes... dudes see me and think that I look good - until I turn around. They're not faggots so obviously I'm some kind of evil which should be exorcized.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Irish wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:55 pm It common decency like covering your mouth when you sneeze and washing your hands after you wipe your ass...

the people that object to it are the epitome of the selfish, self-centeredness that has become so pervasive in this country......

I'm vaccinated....

b) I don't want anyone shaking their head at me the way that I shake my head at "non-maskers" and

I don't know when it became okay to be a stark raving fuckwad in in this country but for the first time in my life I am seriously considering moving abroad......
Do you really think it’s different abroad :lolgasm:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:14 pm

Your Governor is a moron.
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Irish wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:55 pm It common decency like covering your mouth when you sneeze and washing your hands after you wipe your ass...

I'm vaccinated....

:bravo: my friend.
wap

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:42 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:35 pm

I mean I won’t prop him up, but he said that it’s a personal responsibility and it shouldn’t be “government mandated” anymore. He emphasized that this does not mean masks or distancing is going away, however most muh rights read the first part and then go harass managers at Costco instead.
Didn't he also allow all businesses to fully open, too?
razr390

wap wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:16 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:42 pm

Didn't he also allow all businesses to fully open, too?
He allowed all businesses to open 100% however most places are still closing every other table (dine in) or not allowing dine in at all.

All counties still have authority to reduce capacity based on % hospitalization rate related to Covid-19. Aka if it goes over 15% of all hospitalizations in that metro area/county are related to COVID-19, the county will reduce business capacity back down to 50% or 75%
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

The other day I went to Menard's to return a plumbing fitting I bought that was the wrong size. Lately I've been masking up in the truck to keep my face warm as I walk in, nbd. The returns desk is right next to the front door, and as I walked up to the register, the lady behind the desk greeted me while staring at the door. She looked a bit scared, and I heard a man behind me say "sir, you must wear a mask in the store". I didn't turn around because I was wearing a mask, but heard another man say "fuck you, something something rights" and the other man said "sir, I have the right to ask you to leave, and I'm exercising it now, please leave." A few more curse words were spewed, and the guy left.

The lady behind the desk shook her head, and still seemed nervous. I asked her if it happened often and she said about once every few hours. She said she's usually responsible for telling people to mask up because she's at the front door, and that most do because they forgot or something. But she said sometimes, people can berate her, and being on the petite side it makes her feel not safe. She said she can see bad people coming from a mile away, and hopes there's a cart attendant or someone bigger near the front of the store to assist (which had just happened). I felt so bad for her because I could tell she was a bit shaken but mostly just over it all.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Irish

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:00 pm

I'm vaccinated....

Sadly, I guess you're right but at least abroad I don't have to be embarrassed to be from the same cuntry as the selfish, stupid, stark raving simpletons....

wap wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:13 pm

:bow:

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:22 pm

The other day I went to Menard's to return a plumbing fitting I bought that was the wrong size. Lately I've been masking up in the truck to keep my face warm as I walk in, nbd. The returns desk is right next to the front door, and as I walked up to the register, the lady behind the desk greeted me while staring at the door. She looked a bit scared, and I heard a man behind me say "sir, you must wear a mask in the store". I didn't turn around because I was wearing a mask, but heard another man say "fuck you, something something rights" and the other man said "sir, I have the right to ask you to leave, and I'm exercising it now, please leave." A few more curse words were spewed, and the guy left.

The lady behind the desk shook her head, and still seemed nervous. I asked her if it happened often and she said about once every few hours. She said she's usually responsible for telling people to mask up because she's at the front door, and that most do because they forgot or something. But she said sometimes, people can berate her, and being on the petite side it makes her feel not safe. She said she can see bad people coming from a mile away, and hopes there's a cart attendant or someone bigger near the front of the store to assist (which had just happened). I felt so bad for her because I could tell she was a bit shaken but mostly just over it all.
:sad: and :rage: at the same time .... that guy's freedumb to be a fuckwad ends where her right not to feel threatened begins .....
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

There are a few outdoor movie theaters here. One recently resumed operations, so just booked Saturday’s movie there for michelle and I. We haven’t had a date night in a bit, so that’ll be fun. Gonna see Promising Young Women.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Irish wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:43 pm

Sadly, I guess you're right but at least abroad I don't have to be embarrassed to be from the same cuntry as the selfish, stupid, stark raving simpletons....

:sad: and :rage: at the same time .... that guy's freedumb to be a fuckwad ends where her right not to feel threatened begins .....
I am not sure about that. Every country on this planet has people divided into Covid believers and deniers, so it has actually been fascinating to watch it unfold all over. We're no different than any developed non asian country.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-55116470

England...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN27G0XF

Spain ...

Germany, france etc. And we have one of the best vaccine roll outs out of any developed nation, so we're quite lucky. And yes there will be bad apples.
razr390

Honestly if people sold it as a courtesy more than anything else we’d have it adopted without having people looking for a fight. Most of these “muh rights” just pick a reason to fight because they can.

Mandates/CDC regarding:
“Sir we need you to wear a mask according to CDC regulation and local health ordinances”
“I KNOW’D MAH RIGHTS”

Courtesy:
“Please be a good neighbor and help us take care of one another. Wear a mask if you’re in public enclosed places where others might be!”
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:43 pm

The look in that woman's eyes said it all, and I just felt so bad for her and anyone that has to deal with feeling unsafe/uncomfortable on a multiple times per day basis because people are assholes. NOBODY should be forced to feel that way for what's in many cases a menial paycheck. It's one thing to have "your rights" but what about common decency toward others? She didn't make the rules, yet she has to enforce them.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Irish

razr390 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:49 pm Honestly if people sold it as a courtesy more than anything else we’d have it adopted without having people looking for a fight. Most of these “muh rights” just pick a reason to fight because they can.

Mandates/CDC regarding:
“Sir we need you to wear a mask according to CDC regulation and local health ordinances”
“I KNOW’D MAH RIGHTS”

Courtesy:
“Please be a good neighbor and help us take care of one another. Wear a mask if you’re in public enclosed places where others might be!”
I agree.... I wish there were more PSA's about this..... if we could get the cuntry music stars, pro wrasslers and pig fuckers to say "Hey, wear a mask" then all manner of things would be well...

:trollface:

But seriously...there should be more PSA's from popular figures, spreading science-based information about the virus and the vaccine AND socially responsible messaging about masking and distancing......
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:49 pm Honestly if people sold it as a courtesy more than anything else we’d have it adopted without having people looking for a fight. Most of these “muh rights” just pick a reason to fight because they can.

Mandates/CDC regarding:
“I KNOW’D MAH RIGHTS”

Courtesy:
:dat:

It's why I wear a mask everywhere at the core of it...plus it keeps my face warm, so that's a nice plus.
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Mandates/CDC regarding:
“I KNOW’D MAH RIGHTS”

Courtesy:
I agree.... I wish there were more PSA's about this..... if we could get the cuntry music stars, pro wrasslers and pig fuckers to say "Hey, wear a mask" then all manner of things would be well...

But seriously...there should be more PSA's from popular figures, spreading science-based information about the virus and the vaccine AND socially responsible messaging about masking and distancing......
I'm not sure science or facts will work because these people don't believe them. It should just be a "hey, be a decent human" type thing.
Irish

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:04 pm
Irish wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:02 pm

I'm not sure science or facts will work because these people don't believe them. It should just be a "hey, be a decent human" type thing.
:yesth:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I'm beginning to be pretty :notsure: how fast I'm going to get access to the juice, and I VERY :notsure: how fast Max is going to. We're getting the old folks, that's good. But there are TON of special interests/special conditions WAY THE FUCK in line before regular middle aged dudes such as myself. I've got a superspreader event in late June, and TBH, I may not be vaccinated by then, which means I will not be in attendance.