OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:27 pm
Yet somehow I feel like I'm losing in the long run.
I feel like I should have gotten a more expensive house. I have a 2.3% interest rate loan and I should have taken advantage of it. But I was too scared of higher taxes/rona/economic doom.

Now the more expensive house is out of the comfort zone. I can't complain but there is a downside to being :scrooge: especially when money is depreciating. What is the point. I have 0 regrets in buying the new taco for example... I waited 9 months to get it... and now it's no easier then then... and I got 6+ months of use out of it. Life is short y'all. And we're going through crazy uncertainties.

The government won't let shit fail... they didn't in 08 and still won't. The assholes that buy @100% their maximum budget end up winning. That's a hard lesson I learned before but refused to follow this time around again.
Yea, I'm planning for end times and expecting to be jobless within 12 mos. I've set up financials to accommodate, and have been thinking a lot about an extended sabbatical, but watching my money evaporate to inflation is really depressing and feels like I made the wrong move.

Probably should have just yolo'd on a mansion or something and just filed bankruptcy when I can't pay the mortgage anymore and buy another one a few years later when my credit was back. I could still do something irresponsible with cars, but I've frankly just lost interest in that. I've lost interest in most things really. :eeyore:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:35 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:43 pm

I feel like I should have gotten a more expensive house. I have a 2.3% interest rate loan and I should have taken advantage of it. But I was too scared of higher taxes/rona/economic doom.

Now the more expensive house is out of the comfort zone. I can't complain but there is a downside to being :scrooge: especially when money is depreciating. What is the point. I have 0 regrets in buying the new taco for example... I waited 9 months to get it... and now it's no easier then then... and I got 6+ months of use out of it. Life is short y'all. And we're going through crazy uncertainties.

The government won't let shit fail... they didn't in 08 and still won't. The assholes that buy @100% their maximum budget end up winning. That's a hard lesson I learned before but refused to follow this time around again.
Yea, I'm planning for end times and expecting to be jobless within 12 mos. I've set up financials to accommodate, and have been thinking a lot about an extended sabbatical, but watching my money evaporate to inflation is really depressing and feels like I made the wrong move.

Probably should have just yolo'd on a mansion or something and just filed bankruptcy when I can't pay the mortgage anymore and buy another one a few years later when my credit was back. I could still do something irresponsible with cars, but I've frankly just lost interest in that. I've lost interest in most things really. :eeyore:
Life doesn't have a simple path unfortunately we all live and learn presumably. Curious to see where things go from here... I wouldn't count vehicles out at the moment. Some things are still available while at sticker, given the certain inflation in MSRPs over the next 2 years I would say it isn't completely the worst time to buy. In particular a Tesla. Which is still readily available etc.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:57 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:53 pm

I'm counting six grand on a milskie based on ultra low rates... ok not so crazy but 10k all in is still :fullretard:
My loan is 1.065 monthly is $4114
Are you amortizing over 30 years? I've got half of that amount, but if I doubled I'd be hitting $5,400, 25 yr, 2.5% on one loan, renewal due every 5 yrs, and a variable sitting at 1.6% on the other loan.

Everyone here seems to be locking in over 3%, so I assumed that's at a 10+ yr lock-in, and rates are generally higher. 10k statement was :fullretard: , I don't know what got me there initially.

From your example, 4k is doable, you're getting a pretty sweet deal actually. :like:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:42 pm

Life doesn't have a simple path unfortunately we all live and learn presumably. Curious to see where things go from here... I wouldn't count vehicles out at the moment. Some things are still available while at sticker, given the certain inflation in MSRPs over the next 2 years I would say it isn't completely the worst time to buy. In particular a Tesla. Which is still readily available etc.
I can walk into the local Subaru dealer and get money off MSRP without trying (I contacted them about a Crosstrek, the prices are real)...

https://www.serrasubaruoftraversecity.c ... 504ccf.htm

Availability isn't the issue, neither is price. I just don't care anymore.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:01 pm

I can walk into the local Subaru dealer and get money off MSRP without trying (I contacted them about a Crosstrek, the prices are real)...

Wrx :doe: ? the new gen is almost here. I would probably wait for that one.

I did really like the WRX it was a top contender (which I should have gotten) instead of the Mini.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:55 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:57 pm

My loan is 1.065 monthly is $4114
Are you amortizing over 30 years? I've got half of that amount, but if I doubled I'd be hitting $5,400, 25 yr, 2.5% on one loan, renewal due every 5 yrs, and a variable sitting at 1.6% on the other loan.

Everyone here seems to be locking in over 3%, so I assumed that's at a 10+ yr lock-in, and rates are generally higher. 10k statement was :fullretard: , I don't know what got me there initially.

From your example, 4k is doable, you're getting a pretty sweet deal actually. :like:
Yep, Dirty 30. There were no savings to go 15 at the time, and given that we're below inflation as is. It made little sense to pay off "early"
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:13 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:55 pm

Yep, Dirty 30. There were no savings to go 15 at the time, and given that we're below inflation as is. It made little sense to pay off "early"
I'm contemplating dropping down to 30 on the rental property when I'm due for renewal in two years. I may also lock in a fixed rate for a longer time frame, feel like some crazy shit can happen. Who knows, people are saying that the rates will have to stay low forever.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:12 pm

I did really like the WRX it was a top contender (which I should have gotten) instead of the Mini.
I've always wanted one, won't pull the trigger :doe: if they still made the hatch, that might be a different story.

My point is that availability of new vehicles at a discount off MSRP isn't really an issue up here yet.

Here's a new Taco TuRD Sport for nearly $2k off
https://www.serratoyotatraversecity.com ... 1mm416197/

Here's a pretty well equipped JT Willy's for almost $3k off...
https://www.billmarshchryslertraverseci ... 24bdec.htm

WK Trailcock for almost $4k off...
https://www.billmarshchryslertraverseci ... 50a70c.htm
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:21 pm

I've always wanted one, won't pull the trigger :doe: if they still made the hatch, that might be a different story.

My point is that availability of new vehicles at a discount off MSRP isn't really an issue up here yet.

Here's a new Taco TuRD Sport for nearly $2k off
https://www.serratoyotatraversecity.com ... 1mm416197/

Here's a pretty well equipped JT Willy's for almost $3k off...
https://www.billmarshchryslertraverseci ... 24bdec.htm

WK Trailcock for almost $4k off...
https://www.billmarshchryslertraverseci ... 50a70c.htm
Dude...

Trd Sports were at least 4k off here (they are the least desirable trim)... And we had 30 in stock on average at a dealer and now 5-6 for over a year now.

JT... should be 10k off which is where they were before rona hit. Did we forget about this already ?
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3072 ... -discount/
And that was FIRST YEAR OF LAUNCH. The MSRP of that :truk: is :fullretard: the supply shortages is what is propping everyone up.

Wk was 15-20k off over here also ... last year of that platform... :nope: 50k+ for an ancient ML.

The main difference at FCA is that the pricing model allows for sales @msrp vs the giant rebates that normally happen. Right time right place. But it is nuts to see 60-70k non discounted Wranglers.
max225

Actually we have 7k-12 off sticker when it comes to Gladiator here. But not on the willy's :doe: that one only gets $2500 Such rare much wow
https://www.hbchryslerdodgejeepram.com/ ... =Gladiator
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:dat:

It certainly keeps it from being boring :doe:

:iono: , just have to find things to enjoy all of the time, they don't all have to be financially related at all. I get a tremendous amount of joy riding my bikes and cuddling my dog, having dinner out with my wife, hanging with friends on the patio, having some dranks.

This place feels a bit :eeyore: today. We certainly live in unprecendented times, but we have to make the best of it. Living in a sweet modern cabin with views of Lake Michigan, owning an Aquatic Brub Tub, etc. doesn't exactly suck.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I wonder if there are :dill: s to be had on STIs. I would enjoy one of those quite a bit, but I think I'd still rather Hype R.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Well, my boss called me today to tell me that they are extending an offer to an external candidate for a promotion I had previously been promised.

:disappoint: :ohwell:
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:46 pm Well, my boss called me today to tell me that they are extending an offer to an external candidate for a promotion I had previously been promised.

:rage: dicks.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:44 pm

:iono: , just have to find things to enjoy all of the time, they don't all have to be financially related at all. I get a tremendous amount of joy riding my bikes and cuddling my dog, having dinner out with my wife, hanging with friends on the patio, having some dranks.

This place feels a bit :eeyore: today. We certainly live in unprecendented times, but we have to make the best of it. Living in a sweet modern cabin with views of Lake Michigan, owning an Aquatic Brub Tub, etc. doesn't exactly suck.
I think most of us are just sort of confused/worried about the future given the once again unprecedented times. Also the things you mentioned certainly involve cash money homey ... dogs, patios, drinks, porches and dinner all cost a bit of money.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:05 pm

I think most of us are just sort of confused/worried about the future given the once again unprecedented times. Also the things you mentioned certainly involve cash money homey ... dogs, patios, drinks, porches and dinner all cost a bit of money.
Having your lymph nodes swell up after hitting a cocktail developed in 10 months to prevent destruction of the currently existing world order? :thisisfine:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:13 pm

Having your lymph nodes swell up after hitting a cocktail developed in 10 months to prevent destruction of the currently existing world order? :thisisfine:
Hope this is just a "normal" reaction. Your body is reacting to the shit you got injected. It should clear... after all you did get an unknown RNA thingy circulating through your blood stream engaging anti bodies for a good fight.
Last edited by max225 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:46 pm Well, my boss called me today to tell me that they are extending an offer to an external candidate for a promotion I had previously been promised.

:fshitup:
:wtf: Asshole move to pull on you, dude.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:26 pm

Hope this is just a "normal" reaction. Your body is reacting to the shit you got injected. It should clear... after all you did get an unknown RNA thingy circulating through your blood stream engaging anti bodies for a good fight.
I mentioned in the 'vid thread that this happened to me, too. It's not terribly common, but it does happen occasionally. It went away for me in about 2 weeks. Ain't no thang.
wap

Irish wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:29 pm

:dat: :aintcare:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:We pay like $2600/month all in with taxes, utilities, etc. and it still feels like a lot to me, and that is with some pretty solid income. :iono: I sort of miss the simple life of renting some shitbox for sub $500/month.
We will be paying (at least) ~$2000/mo until we are 65 years old to pay off a 1000 square foot house where I watched a homeless dude get carted off on a stretcher across the street last night.

:thisisfine:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

:wrong:

The only path to happiness is the buying power of the dollar.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:18 am
D Griff wrote:We pay like $2600/month all in with taxes, utilities, etc. and it still feels like a lot to me, and that is with some pretty solid income. :iono: I sort of miss the simple life of renting some shitbox for sub $500/month.
We will be paying (at least) ~$2000/mo until we are 65 years old to pay off a 1000 square foot house where I watched a homeless dude get carted off on a stretcher across the street last night.

Sounds about Florida man
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:18 am

Gentrification doesn't happen overnight.

Somehow, we've settled in at $1,700/mo all-in (mortgage, taxes, utilities, waterfront including boat slip, etc) on the bunker. The comfort of having cheap overhead is a massive relief, but the weather lately has me seriously :rage: You might be doing it more right.