OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:19 pm
wap wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:08 am

It really was a fascinating time in their, and music recording in general, history. They began to experiment with LSD at this time, too, which explains Tomorrow Never Knows, She Said She Said (from an acid trip with Peter Fonda when he told Lennon that he "knows what it's like to be dead"), and Dr. Robert (the dentist who sold them acid)
I should have added that they did all this, and Sgt Pepper, and really everything up to Hey Jude, with a FOUR TRACK mixing desk. :impressive: They finally got an 8 track machine for Let it Be and Abbey Road and all the singles of this era.
This was sort of the start of me going from "the Beatles are the most overrated band ever" to beginning to respect them. My old boss who I mentioned earlier and myself talked at length. We were both in the recording/audio console industry and he had been in it since the 1970s and seen a lot of things progress over time. The Beatles really did do a lot of cool experimental shit in the studio that shaped techniques still used today. While I don't find their songwriting to be :mindblown: , they certainly did provide a ton of innovation.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:19 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:34 am :notbad: suggestion, definitely worth a shot. Or just smoke some dope.
:notbad: suggestion. We know Troy loves him some music.
Every time I've tried CBD, I'm like "this is cool but the real thing is a lot better".

V6 Mustangs are :notbad: cars, but you really want the Coyote.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:20 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:19 am

:notbad: suggestion. We know Troy loves him some music.
Every time I've tried CBD, I'm like "this is cool but the real thing is a lot better".

I've never had CBD do anything for me. I think it's kind of like snake oil.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:19 pm
wap wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:08 am

It really was a fascinating time in their, and music recording in general, history. They began to experiment with LSD at this time, too, which explains Tomorrow Never Knows, She Said She Said (from an acid trip with Peter Fonda when he told Lennon that he "knows what it's like to be dead"), and Dr. Robert (the dentist who sold them acid)
I should have added that they did all this, and Sgt Pepper, and really everything up to Hey Jude, with a FOUR TRACK mixing desk. :impressive: They finally got an 8 track machine for Let it Be and Abbey Road and all the singles of this era.
This was sort of the start of me going from "the Beatles are the most overrated band ever" to beginning to respect them. My old boss who I mentioned earlier and myself talked at length. We were both in the recording/audio console industry and he had been in it since the 1970s and seen a lot of things progress over time. The Beatles really did do a lot of cool experimental shit in the studio that shaped techniques still used today. While I don't find their songwriting to be :mindblown: , they certainly did provide a ton of innovation.
Very true. They also "invented" ADT (artificial double-tracking), tape loops, first to intentionally used feedback on a rock song, purposely overdrove mics and amps to get distorted sounds, and a hundred other things that I won't bore the forum with any more.

Basically, the used, or "played" the studio as a musical instrument.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:31 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:20 pm

IT CURES EVERYTHING
ANXIETY
PAIN
YOU NAME IT
:yikes:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:31 pm
IT CURES EVERYTHING
ANXIETY
PAIN
YOU NAME IT
:yikes:
Classic snake oil sales pitch.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:20 pm Every time I've tried CBD, I'm like "this is cool but the real thing is a lot better".

I've never tried any of it and don't plan on it. Too much risk and I need to find a real solution anyway, not a band-aid.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

CBD isn’t going to make you feel anything at all. Some research showing that it can help with inflammation, but my understanding is that it needs to be taken with THC to get the full benefits. Supposedly “full spectrum” CBD is a way around that, but I’ll still opt for the real deal over just some CBD.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:40 pm
Detroit wrote: I've never had CBD do anything for me. I think it's kind of like snake oil.
I've never tried any of it and don't plan on it. Too much risk and I need to find a real solution anyway, not a band-aid.
If the pain is stemming from internal inflammation, it could be a real solution, but I get where you’re coming from.. but I guess it still would just be a bandaid since you wouldn’t have identified what caused the inflammation...
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:40 pm
Detroit wrote: I've never had CBD do anything for me. I think it's kind of like snake oil.
For many with chronic pain, there is no "real solution". It's why cannabis became a real medical treatment for people with chronic pain.
max225

I think alcohol cures (delays) pain way better than Weed does... COMEATMEBRUH
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:40 pm I've never tried any of it and don't plan on it. Too much risk and I need to find a real solution anyway, not a band-aid.
For many with chronic pain, there is no "real solution". It's why cannabis became a real medical treatment for people with chronic pain.
I only hurt because I try to ride a bicycle. If I just sit around like a fatass then the pain goes away on its own after a few weeks.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:31 pm I've never had CBD do anything for me. I think it's kind of like snake oil.
Apparently CBD is the part that goes after anxiety.
It just puts me to sleep, like anxiety meds did back when I partied.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Driving around on a perfect day and there’s butterflies everywhere. Apparently some migration happening. It’s awesome to see them tho
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:31 pm I've never had CBD do anything for me. I think it's kind of like snake oil.
Apparently CBD is the part that goes after anxiety.
It just puts me to sleep, like anxiety meds did back when I partied.
See, I've been told that anxiety is related to different strains of cannabis....but maybe it does have to do with CBD content?

If it works for you, then awesome! All natural anxiety reducer, can't go wrong with that.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 pm I think alcohol cures (delays) pain way better than Weed does... COMEATMEBRUH
Alcohol is a more immediate cure, but I've found that cannabis can be consumed in smaller, more regular doses so you don't get high but feel the pain relief. The anti-inflammatory benefits are real for prolonged pain relief.

I pretty much need to be buzzed or full :drunk: for booze to cure pain.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The problem with using booze to cover up the pain is that it causes its own additional pain when the effects wear off and you're worse than square one. Weed doesn't really have similar effects for me. In small doses I can still be productive with it, but it does give the nice physical relaxed feeling. I try not to use either more than once or twice a week max though.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:59 pm The problem with using booze to cover up the pain is that it causes its own additional pain when the effects wear off and you're worse than square one. Weed doesn't really have similar effects for me. In small doses I can still be productive with it, but it does give the nice physical relaxed feeling. I try not to use either more than once or twice a week max though.
Oh yea...I love that there's no "hangover' from being high.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:04 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:59 pm The problem with using booze to cover up the pain is that it causes its own additional pain when the effects wear off and you're worse than square one. Weed doesn't really have similar effects for me. In small doses I can still be productive with it, but it does give the nice physical relaxed feeling. I try not to use either more than once or twice a week max though.
:wat: there is certainly a hang over
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:26 pm
From eating too much? I've never had alcohol levels of hangover from pot. Sometimes I can be a little hazy feeling the next morning, but that's only if I end up on the floor the night before. I rarely do that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I definitely can get a bit of a hangover from pot, but it is more like a bit of drowsiness and maybe some stomach discomfort from overeating where a bad booze hangover I am on the verge of death :lolol:
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:30 pm

From eating too much? I've never had alcohol levels of hangover from pot. Sometimes I can be a little hazy feeling the next morning, but that's only if I end up on the floor the night before. I rarely do that.
I mean there are levels to both. You can straight up in the hospital and even die from booze. But most people aren’t stupid enough to get that drunk.

There is a weed hang over both myself and my sig other experience it.

You get a heavy head sort of feeling, you’re lethargic the day etc. it’s very distinctive. It can also bring some sort of depression as well. Where you’re just melancholy all day. That seems like a terrible thing for :mahtroy:

Hard to describe over messages but to say there is nothing is certainly not what we experienced here.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Everyone is different, but I have done extensive research on the subject, and I found none.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:34 pm
I mean there are levels to both. You can straight up in the hospital and even die from booze. But most people aren’t stupid enough to get that drunk.

You get a heavy head sort of feeling, you’re lethargic the day etc. it’s very distinctive. It can also bring some sort of depression as well. Where you’re just melancholy all day. That seems like a terrible thing for :mahtroy:

Hard to describe over messages but to say there is nothing is certainly not what we experienced here.
Well, everyone's bodies processes these things differently. Interesting feedback, I honestly haven't heard or experienced much of that.

Depression and melancholy I've experienced from certain strains...and it's REALLY no bueno. I'm very careful with what I consume these days. I do fear for people trying it for the first time and getting this experience. It's not representative of all, and shouldn't turn people off though I'm sure it does.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:34 pm

Maybe it's not your jam.