OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:12 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:07 pm For how much I love music and smoking, I haven’t spent any good quality time listening to music while high.

Was just talking to some buddied how I need a weekend just off by myself doing whatever I want after having spent the last two weekends on little trips with michelle. Weed and some music alone in a hotel room would be epic.
DUDE

What do you do when you're high?!?! My favorite thing to do when high is zone out to music. Any music, but particularly more journey oriented stuff like live concerts or Pink Floyd, or later Beatles.

It's actually the best when in the woods camping. Especially on a clear night with a lot of stars.... :mindblown:

I'm setting up our house in the woods to be the most epic experience for high music consumption.
I usually smoke right before bed since it helps me sleep and helps me eat my last meal of the day. So smoke, eat, watch something funny on Netflix or similar, :dock:, pass out.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

As far as eating and being :fatty: goes, I am more on the side of everything in moderation, however as long as you are realistic with what your behaviors are then so be it.

You wanna be 300 lbs and eat cake every day? Fine. Just don’t bitch/moan about you keep gaining weight if you make no changes.

You want to be 100lbs and not eat except once a day? Fine. Just don’t bitch and moan about being miserable.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:03 pm As far as eating and being :fatty: goes, I am more on the side of everything in moderation, however as long as you are realistic with what your behaviors are then so be it.

You wanna be 300 lbs and eat cake every day? Fine. Just don’t bitch/moan about you keep gaining weight if you make no changes.

You want to be 100lbs and not eat except once a day? Fine. Just don’t bitch and moan about being miserable.

:dat:

Nothing drives me crazier than people constantly complaining about their weight/physique. Do something about it or :stfu: and be happy with who you are.

For me, I want to be thin/fit and I also love to eat, so I exercise for 15+ hours/week. It is a big time commitment but I enjoy a good amount of it (I actually hate lifting for the most part but enjoy the results, I like cycling and running usually) and I appreciate the results and being able to not starve myself/have some beers or fattening food when I want.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:18 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:12 pm
DUDE

What do you do when you're high?!?! My favorite thing to do when high is zone out to music. Any music, but particularly more journey oriented stuff like live concerts or Pink Floyd, or later Beatles.

It's actually the best when in the woods camping. Especially on a clear night with a lot of stars.... :mindblown:

I'm setting up our house in the woods to be the most epic experience for high music consumption.
I usually smoke right before bed since it helps me sleep and helps me eat my last meal of the day. So smoke, eat, watch something funny on Netflix or similar, :dock:, pass out.
:dock: and comedy are also great whilst high. You should definitely get into music. I smoked before that country concert Saturday at the speedway and it was 5/7 even though a lot of the music wasn't even that great to my sober self.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:15 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:03 pm As far as eating and being :fatty: goes, I am more on the side of everything in moderation, however as long as you are realistic with what your behaviors are then so be it.

Nothing drives me crazier than people constantly complaining about their weight/physique. Do something about it or :stfu: and be happy with who you are.

For me, I want to be thin/fit and I also love to eat, so I exercise for 15+ hours/week. It is a big time commitment but I enjoy a good amount of it (I actually hate lifting for the most part but enjoy the results, I like cycling and running usually) and I appreciate the results and being able to not starve myself/have some beers or fattening food when I want.
That's why I want to exercise, too bad I still can't do it... so instead I have to starve.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:22 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:15 pm

That's why I want to exercise, too bad I still can't do it... so instead I have to starve.
Starve and :stfu:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Teh wemenz, Can't live with em, can't live without them... just kidding.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Get in mah belly

:fatty:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:26 pm I never really got Pink Floyd or the Beatles.
Same with Floyd.
:howdareu: with the Beatles.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Melon wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:11 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:04 pm
My dad and I talked about the Beatles at length this weekend after a J

There were really 2 Beatles...Pre LSD and Post LSD as marked by Sgt Peppers. Sgt Peppers was pretty revolutionary in sound for 1967, and took them in a more modern and interesting sound direction. Pretty significant and revolutionary for the time, but none of the songs are really :mindblown: IMO. But what is :mindblown: is the arrangement of songs post LSD. Sgt Peppers, but more so the White Album and especially Abbey Road take you through an entire journey of feelings and emotions. No one song is particularly great, but the collection of them as they're arranged on each album are fantastic. My favorite of them is the transition between "I want you (She's So Heavy)" and "Here comes the sun" on Abbey Road. "I want you" is this long dark heavy bluesy song that for 7 minutes builds and builds and builds until there's it's just noise and chaos when it abruptly ends and the light delicate acoustic guitar plucking at the beginning of "Here Comes the sun" starts immediately after as if something so light and delicate managed to conquer chaos.

That level of arrangement wasn't rivaled until Pink Floyed.

Also, smoking helps A LOT with getting into this music.
"You have to listen to the album as a whole"
Try this also with "Revolver". Epic.
wap

Voted in person today. Felt good.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

wap wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:11 pm

Revolver is 5/7.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:16 pm Voted in person today. Felt good.
Good luck!
wap

Melon wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:05 pm
Revolver is 5/7.
I prefer it to Sgt. Pepper. I think it was the height of their coolness. They were playing cool new guitars, using cool new instruments like the tabla and more sophisticated use of the sitar on Love You Too, invented cool new studio techniques like direct injection of McCartney's bass into the mixing desk to bring it to the fore, routing Lennon's voice through a revolving Leslie speaker on Tomorrow Never Knows to make it sound "like it was being chanted by a thousand Tibetan monks". They would later use this technique on guitars to :neat: effect.

Or my favorite; they were playing and experimenting with backwards tape in this era (Lennon's vocal on the fadeout of Rain), and Harrison decided he wanted to do a backwards guitar solo on I'm Only Sleeping. But he didn't want to just record a solo and flip the tape. So he composed the solo then learned to play it backward, then recorded it played backward, THEN flipped the tape so the solo ended up being forward, but each note was backward. It's pretty :mindblown: in my :wrong: opinion.

I could go on, but around here, :whocares:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:33 pm
wap wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:16 pm Voted in person today. Felt good.
Good luck!
:like:
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:56 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:26 pm I never really got Pink Floyd or the Beatles.
Same with Floyd.
I understand Ron. I just don't get the Beatles. They are OK.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

I always liked the mashup DJ Danger Mouse did of The Beatles' "White Album" with Jay-Z's "The Black Album." It's called "The Grey Album," for anyone who wants to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGcnjBhb8MU
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:40 pm
Melon wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:05 pm

Revolver is 5/7.
I prefer it to Sgt. Pepper. I think it was the height of their coolness. They were playing cool new guitars, using cool new instruments like the tabla and more sophisticated use of the sitar on Love You Too, invented cool new studio techniques like direct injection of McCartney's bass into the mixing desk to bring it to the fore, routing Lennon's voice through a revolving Leslie speaker on Tomorrow Never Knows to make it sound "like it was being chanted by a thousand Tibetan monks". They would later use this technique on guitars to :neat: effect.

Or my favorite; they were playing and experimenting with backwards tape in this era (Lennon's vocal on the fadeout of Rain), and Harrison decided he wanted to do a backwards guitar solo on I'm Only Sleeping. But he didn't want to just record a solo and flip the tape. So he composed the solo then learned to play it backward, then recorded it played backward, THEN flipped the tape so the solo ended up being forward, but each note was backward. It's pretty :mindblown: in my :wrong: opinion.

Holy shit, I had no idea.
I know that era is when modern recording methodology was invented/developed.

AM radio single channel in 1960, Individual recording multi channel, with layering by 1970.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:36 pm
wap wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:56 pm

Same with Floyd.
I understand Ron. I just don't get the Beatles. They are OK.
Now y'all touch walkers and make up.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:25 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:22 pm

Actually...

Considered some CBD lotion/oil for your afflicted areas?
:notbad: suggestion, definitely worth a shot. Or just smoke some dope.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Been a while since I've listened to "Revolver". It was never a favorite, but I'll need to give it a spin.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:20 am
wap wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:40 pm

AM radio single channel in 1960, Individual recording multi channel, with layering by 1970.
It really was a fascinating time in their, and music recording in general, history. They began to experiment with LSD at this time, too, which explains Tomorrow Never Knows, She Said She Said (from an acid trip with Peter Fonda when he told Lennon that he "knows what it's like to be dead"), and Dr. Robert (the dentist who sold them acid)
I should have added that they did all this, and Sgt Pepper, and really everything up to Hey Jude, with a FOUR TRACK mixing desk. :impressive: They finally got an 8 track machine for Let it Be and Abbey Road and all the singles of this era.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:51 am
Been a while since I've listened to "Revolver". It was never a favorite, but I'll need to give it a spin.
:doit:
It's probably my fav album of theirs. That and Abbey Road.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:34 am :notbad: suggestion, definitely worth a shot. Or just smoke some dope.
:notbad: suggestion. We know Troy loves him some music.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:08 am
Melon wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:20 am

It really was a fascinating time in their, and music recording in general, history. They began to experiment with LSD at this time, too, which explains Tomorrow Never Knows, She Said She Said (from an acid trip with Peter Fonda when he told Lennon that he "knows what it's like to be dead"), and Dr. Robert (the dentist who sold them acid)
I should have added that they did all this, and Sgt Pepper, and really everything up to Hey Jude, with a FOUR TRACK mixing desk. :impressive: They finally got an 8 track machine for Let it Be and Abbey Road and all the singles of this era.
This was sort of the start of me going from "the Beatles are the most overrated band ever" to beginning to respect them. My old boss who I mentioned earlier and myself talked at length. We were both in the recording/audio console industry and he had been in it since the 1970s and seen a lot of things progress over time. The Beatles really did do a lot of cool experimental shit in the studio that shaped techniques still used today. While I don't find their songwriting to be :mindblown: , they certainly did provide a ton of innovation.