OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:28 pm Just found out last night that my mom is getting her first dose of vaccine this Saturday, 2 days before she turns 90 yo. :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: that's great news!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

wap wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:28 pm Just found out last night that my mom is getting her first dose of vaccine this Saturday, 2 days before she turns 90 yo. :fuckyeah:
That's great!

My wife has been chatting with her parents, her mom is 65 and now eligible to get vaccinated in Indiana, her step father is a bit younger and will be in next wave, but I guess both have decided not to get vaccinated. Effing brilliant. :rolleyes:
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:42 pm
That's great!

My wife has been chatting with her parents, her mom is 65 and now eligible to get vaccinated in Indiana, her step father is a bit younger and will be in next wave, but I guess both have decided not to get vaccinated. Effing brilliant. :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

I can kind of see people well out of high risk taking a back seat for the vaccine for a while... i.e. young people who never have to leave the house, but older high risk people? Come on.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

That's great!

My sister is skipping my wedding because she doesn't want to get a vaccine in germany. So yea... It's been fun.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:57 pm

That's great!

My sister is skipping my wedding because she doesn't want to get a vaccine in germany. So yea... It's been fun.
I'd use that excuse to get out of a wedding that I didn't want to go to, but not my own sibling's.

:impressive:
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:00 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:57 pm

I'd use that excuse to get out of a wedding that I didn't want to go to, but not my own sibling's.

I have no doubt that her feelings for "me" are true. She feels that strongly against the vaccine and thinks it is nothing but absolute garbage.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:00 pm

I have no doubt that her feelings for "me" are true. She feels that strongly against the vaccine and thinks it is nothing but absolute garbage.
It's :impressive: to hate the vaccine more than you love your sibling. I'd get the damned thing to go to my sibling's wedding, what could possibly be so bad? Worst case, the vaccine won't be that effective, but I highly doubt it will permanently injure people. We'd already know if that were the case.

I'm a skeptic of this thing, but damn.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:08 pm

It's :impressive: to hate the vaccine more than you love your sibling. I'd get the damned thing to go to my sibling's wedding, what could possibly be so bad? Worst case, the vaccine won't be that effective, but I highly doubt it will permanently injure people. We'd already know if that were the case.

I don't have data to the contrary so I can't say whether or not it is true. She has also told me she will quit her kindergarten job... because they are going to force her to get it.

Mind you this is a person that doesn't know who "trump" is or is involved in American politics.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:12 pm

I don't have data to the contrary so I can't say whether or not it is true. She has also told me she will quit her kindergarten job... because they are going to force her to get it.

Mind you this is a person that doesn't know who "trump" is or is involved in American politics.
Good. This virus has nothing to do with politics and shouldn't. I think it's ridiculous that it does so much, especially in this country.

People should make decisions for themselves with this...but be prepared to make sacrifices as a result of those decisions...as your sister is clearly willing to do with quitting her job. :impressive: commitment.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:dat:

I have some level of skepticism on how bad/deadly/spreadable/etc. the virus is as I think many of these will be unknowns until years after the fact when data analysis can be done, but at the end of the day, I'm getting the vaccine ASAP to try to begin returning to some level of normalcy and just for the piece of mind. I am tired of being caged up and scared of getting sick any time I leave the house.

It seems a small price to pay for a sibling's wedding. Sorry Max, that sucks dude.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:29 pm

:dat:

I have some level of skepticism on how bad/deadly/spreadable/etc. the virus is as I think many of these will be unknowns until years after the fact when data analysis can be done, but at the end of the day, I'm getting the vaccine ASAP to try to begin returning to some level of normalcy and just for the piece of mind. I am tired of being caged up and scared of getting sick any time I leave the house.

It seems a small price to pay for a sibling's wedding. Sorry Max, that sucks dude.
We'll never know the truth about the virus. Ever. The data is garbage, no way around it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That's great!

My dad is a Trumper but he got his first round this weekend, my mom's is in March. I'm sort of surprised my dad went for it, I guess my mom pressured him into it. I wouldn't be surprised if my parents get divorced at some point in the next year or two :doe: , they don't seem to see eye to eye on anything anymore and just kind of do their own things 95% of the time.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:45 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:11 pm
:ohdang: Sorry to hear that man...don't need deets, just know that you're not alone here. Especially for me, COVID lockdowns combined with seasonal depression has sent my :tits: over the edge with :rage: and :rolleyes: She went to visit family in CA at a critical time, when she left I didn't care if she came back. That has sense changed absence makes the heart grow fonder and whatnot.
I hear ya dude.
So much shit going on and lots of people just not knowing what to do these days.

I feel like I’ve been in a rut for awhile, and I’ve got friends trying to pull me out. Big reason why I need to get out to Kzoo sooner rather than later.
We shall eat and/or beer!
Glad you have some support man, I'm sorry to hear it's been a tough time. I have had some bits of depression over the past year as well, trying times. We're always here to talk if you ever need it.

If you were closer I'd say we should go mountain biking or :jeep: ing to blow off some steam :disappoint:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:53 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:45 pm

I hear ya dude.
So much shit going on and lots of people just not knowing what to do these days.

I feel like I’ve been in a rut for awhile, and I’ve got friends trying to pull me out. Big reason why I need to get out to Kzoo sooner rather than later.
We shall eat and/or beer!
Glad you have some support man, I'm sorry to hear it's been a tough time. I have had some bits of depression over the past year as well, trying times. We're always here to talk if you ever need it.

If you were closer I'd say we should go mountain biking or :jeep: ing to blow off some steam :disappoint:
Thanks dude. Some biking or :jeep: ing would be awesome.

I know y’all are always here. Idk, just a lot on my mind and not really sure what direction my life should take.

I think making the biggest leap/change is probably the right call... but it’s scary and comes with a lot of unknowns.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:59 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:53 pm

Thanks dude. Some biking or :jeep: ing would be awesome.

I know y’all are always here. Idk, just a lot on my mind and not really sure what direction my life should take.

I think making the biggest leap/change is probably the right call... but it’s scary and comes with a lot of unknowns.
Well, if you ever need to bounce ideas around with us or have any questions, a lot of us have done a lot of different things, and we're always happy to chat.

Big change always requires a leap of faith, but from my experience big changes usually end up being great in the long run.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:57 pm

That's great!

I can kind of see people well out of high risk taking a back seat for the vaccine for a while... i.e. young people who never have to leave the house, but older high risk people? Come on.
My MIL is definitely high-risk. She's 65 and diabetic, and generally not in great health. West Nile knocked her on her ass a couple years ago and the virus still seems to wake back up every now and again and puts her out for days at a time. They're realtors and I get that they need to see clients to put food on the table, but they still see friends and relatives unmasked & indoors regularly 0FG. My FIL still goes to the gym most days and that place is following exactly 0 masking or distancing protocols. One person goes in there shedding virus and everybody's getting it. But they think the vaccine is unsafe, don't believe any of the studies about its efficacy, assume they won't get COVID, etc. My FIL is strong and healthy and looks nothing like his age, but looking back at pictures from my son's first birthday (he's 2.5) my MIL seems to have aged 10 years in the last 18 months. I genuinely think she'd be in big trouble if she gets COVID, but it's not like we can tie her down and stick a needle in her arm. She's going to do what she wants.

Some fantastic social distancing going on:
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:56 pm

My MIL is definitely high-risk. She's 65 and diabetic, and generally not in great health. West Nile knocked her on her ass a couple years ago and the virus still seems to wake back up every now and again and puts her out for days at a time. They're realtors and I get that they need to see clients to put food on the table, but they still see friends and relatives unmasked & indoors regularly 0FG. My FIL still goes to the gym most days and that place is following exactly 0 masking or distancing protocols. One person goes in there shedding virus and everybody's getting it. But they think the vaccine is unsafe, don't believe any of the studies about its efficacy, assume they won't get COVID, etc. My FIL is strong and healthy and looks nothing like his age, but looking back at pictures from my son's first birthday (he's 2.5) my MIL seems to have aged 10 years in the last 18 months. I genuinely think she'd be in big trouble if she gets COVID, but it's not like we can tie her down and stick a needle in her arm. She's going to do what she wants.

That's sad. Sounds like she's at one of the highest risks for this thing.

What I don't get about being against this vaccine is what are people afraid of exactly? If it's not as effective as we previously thought, so what? You're HIGHLY LIKELY to not get really sick from it, so why the hell not get it? I view the flu shot in the same way, some sort of protection is better than none.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:impressive: on the gym pic.

I hope the MIL somehow avoids picking up the virus man, sheesh.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:14 pm

That's sad. Sounds like she's at one of the highest risks for this thing.

What I don't get about being against this vaccine is what are people afraid of exactly? If it's not as effective as we previously thought, so what? You're HIGHLY LIKELY to not get really sick from it, so why the hell not get it? I view the flu shot in the same way, some sort of protection is better than none.
I kinda hate the idea of vaccines and don't enjoy getting flu shots as the thought of injecting chemicals into my blood stream doesn't excite me. BUT, I get them anyway, because sometimes you have to put baseless fears/discomfort aside for :science:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I’ve never been one to the the flu vaccine, at least until my wife got pregnant with twins and her doctor held my feet to the fire and said I had to get the flu and T-Dap vaccines. For my unborn children? Yeah, definitely. But the flu rarely causes problems and even when I’ve had it I get sick for a couple days and I’m fine. But COVID fucks people up and there seems to be more than enough evidence that it isn’t just the damn flu. The risk of getting sick from the vaccine is still way lower than the product of xx% will contract the virus multiplied by xx% will have severe symptoms, lasting health issues, or even die. I just don’t get the logic of not wanting the vaccine unless you’re a QAnon crazy who thinks the kabal is coming to haul away Biden any day now.

Yes, I’ve also heard that last claim from my MIL.
max225

coogles wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:52 pm I’ve never been one to the the flu vaccine, at least until my wife got pregnant with twins and her doctor held my feet to the fire and said I had to get the flu and T-Dap vaccines. For my unborn children? Yeah, definitely. But the flu rarely causes problems and even when I’ve had it I get sick for a couple days and I’m fine. But COVID fucks people up and there seems to be more than enough evidence that it isn’t just the damn flu. The risk of getting sick from the vaccine is still way lower than the product of xx% will contract the virus multiplied by xx% will have severe symptoms, lasting health issues, or even die. I just don’t get the logic of not wanting the vaccine unless you’re a QAnon crazy who thinks the kabal is coming to haul away Biden any day now.

I gave you an example from someone who doesn't even know what QAnon is. The point is that people around the world have lost faith in their governments because they consistently lied about the situation from every angle. And I don't blame them.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:howdy:

I keep thinking it’s Thursday but it’s not :disappoint:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:hai:

I thought yesterday was Wednesday, it was not and I’m all thrown off.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:21 am :hai:

I thought yesterday was Wednesday, it was not and I’m all thrown off.
Welcome to the :disappoint: club :lolol:

:ohwell:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:13 pm
coogles wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:52 pm I’ve never been one to the the flu vaccine, at least until my wife got pregnant with twins and her doctor held my feet to the fire and said I had to get the flu and T-Dap vaccines. For my unborn children? Yeah, definitely. But the flu rarely causes problems and even when I’ve had it I get sick for a couple days and I’m fine. But COVID fucks people up and there seems to be more than enough evidence that it isn’t just the damn flu. The risk of getting sick from the vaccine is still way lower than the product of xx% will contract the virus multiplied by xx% will have severe symptoms, lasting health issues, or even die. I just don’t get the logic of not wanting the vaccine unless you’re a QAnon crazy who thinks the kabal is coming to haul away Biden any day now.

I gave you an example from someone who doesn't even know what QAnon is. The point is that people around the world have lost faith in their governments because they consistently lied about the situation from every angle. And I don't blame them.
Global distrust of .gov is the real issue, and agreed it makes sense.