OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:20 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:39 pm

Staying pretty busy at work recently... having these new "leadershit/management" duties glues me to my desk a bit more which is kind of :disgust:

Shopping E90 M3s a little :lolol:

Looking forward to the weekend.

I think I may take lunch and go for a quick bike ride, 49F and sunny at the moment which is the best weather we've seen all week.

What is new with you? Saw the Taco review update, glad you're still enjoying the :truk: :fuckyeah:
Those may potentially become an appreciating asset in near future. Those things are wild from my experience as a passenger.
I've also only ridden in one (a few acutally). They were 5/7 :doe:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... n=atempest :jimp:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:07 pm

Those may potentially become an appreciating asset in near future. Those things are wild from my experience as a passenger.

:notbad: and these are more reliable than your lesser leaky n55 335i mechanically.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Black sedan? :disgust:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:29 pm

Those :ramz: are more cringe than the color, they don't look that good and they're huge, which of course teeth shattering ride. That being said, I'd never get a black car.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:31 pm
Those :ramz: are more cringe than the color, they don't look that good and they're huge, which of course teeth shattering ride. That being said, I'd never get a black car.
Stock :doe:

I didn't even notice them over my hate for black cars.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:35 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:31 pm

Stock :doe:

I didn't even notice them over my hate for black cars.
Loll I'm aware, I was never a fan of those wheels, black needs a little work, but black cars are too much to keep it zilspec.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think it's dark blue. That said, the color is definitely not my preference... if I :doit: , I think I'd try to get red, if not that one of the better blues. I don't really have a preference on coupe versus sedan. It's possible we could have :baby: at some point, but even if we did, I could :plac: or just :dealwithit: a coupe as I doubt I would really be hauling a kid a ton in my car.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:00 pm
I think it's dark blue. That said, the color is definitely not my preference... if I :doit: , I think I'd try to get red, if not that one of the better blues. I don't really have a preference on coupe versus sedan. It's possible we could have :baby: at some point, but even if we did, I could :plac: or just :dealwithit: a coupe as I doubt I would really be hauling a kid a ton in my car.
So wait until the :baby: potential flushes out better then make a call. I still think this is a downgrade from the poorvette, especially at current used car prices.

An M3 sedan would be a great dadmobile IMO.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:20 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:00 pm

So wait until the :baby: potential flushes out better then make a call. I still think this is a downgrade from the poorvette, especially at current used car prices.

:iono: it is better than a C5 in most ways, worse in a couple (no removable top, worse to maintain, more expensive).

You're right, I'm just looking around at this point, bored :lolol:

Another option would be to get into some other sports car to check something else off the list before any :baby: :doomed:

The flip side is, the wife is cool with me keeping the C5 forever even if we had a kid, so if I play the long game, I could add in something else four door if needed later but keep the 'vette for track shennanigans, tinkering, etc. This might be harder to swing if I moved over to something 3X the price.

Part of this stems from the Corvette needing a few things... the rear diff is leaky, which opens up a deep rabbit hole. I am also on the fence on some :fancy: headlights.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:20 pm

:iono: it is better than a C5 in most ways, worse in a couple (no removable top, worse to maintain, more expensive).

You're right, I'm just looking around at this point, bored :lolol:

Another option would be to get into some other sports car to check something else off the list before any :baby: :doomed:

The flip side is, the wife is cool with me keeping the C5 forever even if we had a kid, so if I play the long game, I could add in something else four door if needed later but keep the 'vette for track shennanigans, tinkering, etc. This might be harder to swing if I moved over to something 3X the price.

Part of this stems from the Corvette needing a few things... the rear diff is leaky, which opens up a deep rabbit hole. I am also on the fence on some :fancy: headlights.

I really wanted Alan's headlights, but couldn't justify spending money at the time. Hella worth it tho. I learned how valuable good headlights were when I went from the shitty orm headlight to the daymaker led on my vrod. Completely gave confidence in night driving after that mod
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

The extra studying time away paid off, :tits: landed a promotion to the tune of $10k. This will go a long way to relieve her overall stress, and boost her confidence. The extra income is perfect as well, since she was on a spending tear in Nov/Dec, and we are finally pounding out that line of credit this month.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

A very solid and busy week for me as well, had to circle back to the vision project to update some error checking variables which were misdirected by the camera installers during the installation. That change should help protect my robots from :bs: data and prevent missed shots of spray foam. Quite a messy ordeal!

Fixed a few other customer's issues this week, and basically working a lot of hours. Hopefully things are quiet tomorrow and Friday, I really need to take it slow for a while.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:35 pm The extra studying time away paid off, :tits: landed a promotion to the tune of $10k. This will go a long way to relieve her overall stress, and boost her confidence. The extra income is perfect as well, since she was on a spending tear in Nov/Dec, and we are finally pounding out that line of credit this month.
:fuckyeah:
Good to hear, and grats to :tits:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:43 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:35 pm The extra studying time away paid off, :tits: landed a promotion to the tune of $10k. This will go a long way to relieve her overall stress, and boost her confidence. The extra income is perfect as well, since she was on a spending tear in Nov/Dec, and we are finally pounding out that line of credit this month.
Thanks Wappie, she did great! We all celebrated with a fun night of take out fajitas and fancy drinks yesterday.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:19 pm
wap wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:43 pm

Thanks Wappie, she did great! We all celebrated with a fun night of take out fajitas and fancy drinks yesterday.
:nice: :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

:howdy:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:20 am:howdy:
I was today’s years old when I found out that my gen 1 taco requires the removal of a front wheel to change the motherfucking fuel filter
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:39 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:20 am:howdy:
I was today’s years old when I found out that my gen 1 taco requires the removal of a front wheel to change the motherfucking fuel filter
Interesting...odd placement IMO.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:nice: :mahman: !

Congrats to her and your family. Does this mean she is now in a permanent position as well? IIRC she was contracted before and had to constantly fight to keep the gig?
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Man fajitas sound so good
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:09 am Man fajitas sound so good
:dat:

Been a while for me now that I think about it...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I had a Mexican bowl last night with some fajita veggies I made:

Bed of spinach and rice with ground turkey, black beans and corn cooked in taco seasoning plus fajita veggies and some salsa, cheese and Greek yogurt. It was 5/7.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:14 am I had a Mexican bowl last night with some fajita veggies I made:

Bed of spinach and rice with ground turkey, black beans and corn cooked in taco seasoning plus fajita veggies and some salsa, cheese and Greek yogurt. It was 5/7.
:drool:

Greek yogurt has proved to make a phenomenal sour cream/mayo/cream substitute in a number of dishes/dips for us. 5/7
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:51 am
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:39 am

It’s under the intake manifold :rage:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:25 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:51 am
It’s under the intake manifold :rage:
:wat:

What's the replacement interval on that?

Makes a bit more sense because they probably included it in the engine assembly for easier building at the plant.