OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:46 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:05 am :fuckyeah: made it to Friday.

The "snow storm" ended up dropping ~4 inches on us last night. Hilariously low. Pretty intense winds made some :impressive: snow drifts :doe: Going to get some exercise clearing the snow in a bit here. :excited:
:fuckyeah:

We had a couple - 3 " of heavy, wet snow fall yesterday, just ahead of a huge temp drop. It was mid-30's pretty much all day yesterday so I went out and shoveled during a lull in the snowfall after dinner last night. I wanted to get the wet, slushy stuff removed before the cold snap hit and froze all that shit on my driveway and sidewalks. 45 minutes of moving heavy, wet snow is indeed a workout. The snow started up again while I was out there :ohwell: and the wind picked up, bringing in the cold. :disgust:
Woke up to 10F this morning. It's going to continue to drop through the weekend. Expecting a HIGH on Sunday of 5F. :impressive:
Also on Sunday, we're going to go "visit" my mom at her retirement community along with my bro and his family because she turns 90 on Monday. These days, a "visit" there means standing outside her apartment waving to her while she looks at us out her window while we talk to her over the phone since they're still on lockdown and visitors aren't allowed. :lolol:
Should be fun doing that in 5* weather. :notsure:
What's so weird about this winter is how mild it is in northern MI and how rough it is down by you. We don't have a high in the single digits in the 10 day forecast. Mostly in the mid-to-high teens. And very little snow.

I ran out last night and did the same you did, cleared some ice and heavy snow in anticipation of it getting buried. It did, but only with a few inches.

I'm sure it'll mean a lot to your mom that you stand out in the cold and talk to her. Pack some hand warmers in your gloves!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:55 am
wap wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:46 am

We had a couple - 3 " of heavy, wet snow fall yesterday, just ahead of a huge temp drop. It was mid-30's pretty much all day yesterday so I went out and shoveled during a lull in the snowfall after dinner last night. I wanted to get the wet, slushy stuff removed before the cold snap hit and froze all that shit on my driveway and sidewalks. 45 minutes of moving heavy, wet snow is indeed a workout. The snow started up again while I was out there :ohwell: and the wind picked up, bringing in the cold. :disgust:
Woke up to 10F this morning. It's going to continue to drop through the weekend. Expecting a HIGH on Sunday of 5F. :impressive:
Also on Sunday, we're going to go "visit" my mom at her retirement community along with my bro and his family because she turns 90 on Monday. These days, a "visit" there means standing outside her apartment waving to her while she looks at us out her window while we talk to her over the phone since they're still on lockdown and visitors aren't allowed. :lolol:
Should be fun doing that in 5* weather. :notsure:
What's so weird about this winter is how mild it is in northern MI and how rough it is down by you. We don't have a high in the single digits in the 10 day forecast. Mostly in the mid-to-high teens. And very little snow.

I ran out last night and did the same you did, cleared some ice and heavy snow in anticipation of it getting buried. It did, but only with a few inches.

I'm sure it'll mean a lot to your mom that you stand out in the cold and talk to her. Pack some hand warmers in your gloves!
:word:
Don't have hand warmers. :( But I do have some 5/7 insulated mittens that do a pretty great job at keeping my hands warm. Also gonna wear long johns and flannel-lined jeans. I also have this :mindblown: warm wool sweater that I bought off this street vendor in a mountain village in Poland 23 years ago on my honeymoon that is so amazingly warm that I can only wear it on the absolute coldest days or else I'll sweat my :balls: off. :notsure: what the secret is, other than the fact that it's very thick with a loose weave to trap a lot of air pockets. When it's folded it's over 6" thick! I haven't warn it in a couple years. It only comes out when I'm going to spend time outdoors in single digit temps, like Sunday. Also have a very heavy Marmot down parka that's very warm. I should be fine.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

So glad it’s Friday. Let’s see if I can avoid getting fired over the next 4.5 hours.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:14 pm

Don't have hand warmers. :( But I do have some 5/7 insulated mittens that do a pretty great job at keeping my hands warm. Also gonna wear long johns and flannel-lined jeans. I also have this :mindblown: warm wool sweater that I bought off this street vendor in a mountain village in Poland 23 years ago on my honeymoon that is so amazingly warm that I can only wear it on the absolute coldest days or else I'll sweat my :balls: off. :notsure: what the secret is, other than the fact that it's very thick with a loose weave to trap a lot of air pockets. When it's folded it's over 6" thick! I haven't warn it in a couple years. It only comes out when I'm going to spend time outdoors in single digit temps, like Sunday. Also have a very heavy Marmot down parka that's very warm. I should be fine.
Mittens are great.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:17 pm So glad it’s Friday. Let’s see if I can avoid getting fired over the next 4.5 hours.
:ohdang:

I've been there. Almost into the weekend though!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:17 pm So glad it’s Friday. Let’s see if I can avoid getting fired over the next 4.5 hours.
Something crazy going on at work?

Amen on the Friday thing :excited:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also... I felt 8F once, coldest I've experienced. That is a :nope: for me :disgust:

Good on you for braving it for your mom, :wap: !
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:22 pm Also... I felt 8F once, coldest I've experienced. That is a :nope: for me :disgust:

Anything below 20 is cold AF. I honestly can't feel a major difference from mid-teens to below 0.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:22 pm

People just need to listen to me.
Stop being stupid douches and just do what I tell them to do. Life would be 100x easier if that were ever the case; but no, I need to waste days attempting to find a solution that doesn’t exist. Only to end up with some SVP or something telling a customer the EXACT same thing I did days ago, and the customer then going “oh, okay”.

:rage: :fshitup:
wap

:popcorn:
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:22 pm Also... I felt 8F once, coldest I've experienced. That is a :nope: for me :disgust:

Shit, I've been outside when it was -25F. January 1985. I'll never forget it. That was an experience.

Thanks man. Considering all she's done for me over the years, she deserves it.
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:27 pm

Stop being stupid douches and just do what I tell them to do. Life would be 100x easier if that were ever the case; but no, I need to waste days attempting to find a solution that doesn’t exist. Only to end up with some SVP or something telling a customer the EXACT same thing I did days ago, and the customer then going “oh, okay”.

:disgust:
Having higher-ups not listen to your advice only to take it days later after making you chase a non-existent solution is definitely :rage: -inducing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Are you still in a sales support role?
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:33 pm

Having higher-ups not listen to your advice only to take it days later after making you chase a non-existent solution is definitely :rage: -inducing.
:dat: THE WORST

:ayfkm:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Happy Friyay yall
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:10 pm Happy Friyay yall

About five more hours for me and I'm freeeeeee as a bird.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:23 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:10 pm Happy Friyay yall

About five more hours for me and I'm freeeeeee as a bird.
ChrisoftheNorth

Today has been the slow day I needed after this week. Getting caught up on paperwork and shit posting.

Getting the projector setup in the living room this weekend. Perfect because it'll be cold AF outside.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:33 pm Today has been the slow day I needed after this week. Getting caught up on paperwork and shit posting.

Getting the projector setup in the living room this weekend. Perfect because it'll be cold AF outside.

In4pics.

Have you opened up that Dragonfly screen yet? I am :excited: to see the results.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:33 pm Today has been the slow day I needed after this week. Getting caught up on paperwork and shit posting.

In4pics.

Have you opened up that Dragonfly screen yet? I am :excited: to see the results.
Opening it up this weekend. I need :tits: to help me hang it because it's way too long to handle on my own, but I'll get the brackets up and the wiring run for it and we'll hang it on Tuesday when she's back.

Just the fact that it was boxed and then put in a crate really inspires confidence compared to the last one that just came in a torn up cardboard box.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:01 pm

In4pics.

Opening it up this weekend. I need :tits: to help me hang it because it's way too long to handle on my own, but I'll get the brackets up and the wiring run for it and we'll hang it on Tuesday when she's back.

Just the fact that it was boxed and then put in a crate really inspires confidence compared to the last one that just came in a torn up cardboard box.
It's odd to me... it is VERY costly for us to deal with returns on that product, spending five bux on a crate really reduces that.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:06 pm

It's odd to me... it is VERY costly for us to deal with returns on that product, spending five bux on a crate really reduces that.
I'm sure it's extremely expensive. You'd think they'd have better quality control or care in packaging.

The crate is falling apart on one side, but inside it's perfect untouched carboard. If it weren't for the crate, the carboard would have taken whatever hit the crate did to split it. 5/7 decision IMO.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:33 pm

Are you still in a sales support role?
Implementation/support yeah.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:19 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:16 pm

I'm sure it's extremely expensive. You'd think they'd have better quality control or care in packaging.

The crate is falling apart on one side, but inside it's perfect untouched carboard. If it weren't for the crate, the carboard would have taken whatever hit the crate did to split it. 5/7 decision IMO.
Our cost to ship that was around $250, so you have $500 round trip in shipping just to return it, likely replacing an expensive product as well, plus probably an hour+ of time from a customer support agent, time for warehouse workers, etc. Failed products for reasons like that is just hemorrhaging money for the biz.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:14 pm

Happy 90th birthday to mom!! That's :amazing: , I'm glad that she's doing well. It's sad for old peeps living in nursing homes during covid times, I hope she really enjoys your in person Zoom call and it makes her day!

I have a quintessential super thick sweater like that, although, it is made of polar fleece and sports a record store logo on it; HMV, boo-ya. It's like 3/8" thick and dense AF. Lately, it comes out for apocalyptically cold days under a good jacket, or on it's own on those super sunny and mild days where I shovel snow or walk the dawg around the block.