OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Buddy just had an offer accepted on a house in Phoenix over the weekend. $499 asking, they offered $515 and their realtor submitted a solid letter that helped them secure it. House is currently a rental, so they agreed to a 45 day close to allow the tenant time to move out.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Been wanting a Fitbit or something similar to track heart rate and monitor my sleep for recovery. Was given good reviews on the Charge 4, and almost bought one last week. They just went on sale today for $100, so I pulled the trigger. Stoked about getting that.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:12 pm
I love Colorado. It might be my favorite state in the union. but the COL there has gone stupid, and the population has grown so much that you really can't enjoy the benefits of living there. It's the same reason I left CA.

But if choosing between CO and CA for the same price, it's CA all day to me.

A lot of people are buying houses banking on remote income forever. I suspect they're in for a rude awakening, which might actually be what pops the current real estate bubble in a lot of areas. We moved to BFE and budgeted assuming I'd have to get local work eventually, which is pretty much just service or retail. Fine. But a $1.3M mortgage in BFE Colorado? Screwed.
When he started looking (last summer) it was around 700-800k so he was excited to save some cash... ended up spending almost double, because prices went :fullretard: kind of insane as to what's happening as of late. But somehow it's all gravy... I swear if we start bailing these retards out again like in 2008 I am going to pop a gasket.
So just like what Apex is seeing, he sold his place without having another counting on hopes and dreams? That's just :mindblown: to me.

I'm not sure what we're seeing is widespread enough to warrant a bail out when shit hits the fan, but I guess anything is possible. I think a lot of people will lose their asses and take major losses offing houses they can't afford in areas where there's no high paying jobs, but it's doing to decimate very fragile local economies in the process, so the .gov may take interest.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:57 am So quick fun house story... My buddy left cali in search of GREENER PASTURES. Over in Colorado... yesterday he finally closed on a house.

Ended up in a bidding war... sellers are only taking cash offers PERIOD.
House was listed at 1,099 he is buying it "all cash" for 1.3M for COLORADO! :wtf: granted house is big... but that's pretty much cali pricing at this point. Also he naturally doesn't have 1.3M in CASH but is borrowing from everyone he knows in some bizarre manner. I am assuming he will refi/get mortgage as soon as he closes. Ironically he sold his current condo for 900k in "OVERPRICED" cali.

That said.. :wtf: who has enough income for a 7 figure house in Colorado of all places. That means both parties must make at least 300k a year combined.
Lets see it!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:12 pm
I love Colorado. It might be my favorite state in the union. but the COL there has gone stupid, and the population has grown so much that you really can't enjoy the benefits of living there. It's the same reason I left CA.

But if choosing between CO and CA for the same price, it's CA all day to me.

A lot of people are buying houses banking on remote income forever. I suspect they're in for a rude awakening, which might actually be what pops the current real estate bubble in a lot of areas. We moved to BFE and budgeted assuming I'd have to get local work eventually, which is pretty much just service or retail. Fine. But a $1.3M mortgage in BFE Colorado? Screwed.
Colorado is pretty... but meh, I would go CA all day over it. Denver kind of sucks and that is the only place there are all that many jobs. Sure, if you could live in Boulder or Fort Collins or something, that would be sweet, but I'm sure it's crazy pricey and less money making opportunity. May as well live in the land of beaches, mountains, perfect weather, and high paying tech jobs if you're going to pay seven figures.
IDGAF About the ocean beach, so I'm more interested in something like Boulder, Colorado Springs, even Santa Fe or ABQ. But there's no real jobs in any of these places.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:13 pm
Honestly, I think you'll be just fine. I wouldn't worry much about it, these people wouldn't list their houses if they weren't serious about finding another.
I’m trying to not worry, hopefully we don’t get too deep because I want my house. :lol:
It’ll all work out!

In other news I found a Super C for under $40k last night.. Gasser so I’m sure it gets like 4mpg. :lolol:
A Super C under $40k is gas for sure. Or has been to Mars and back. Good backup :doe: :lolgasm:

You won't need it, I bet everything will work out just fine.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:39 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:57 am So quick fun house story... My buddy left cali in search of GREENER PASTURES. Over in Colorado... yesterday he finally closed on a house.

Ended up in a bidding war... sellers are only taking cash offers PERIOD.
House was listed at 1,099 he is buying it "all cash" for 1.3M for COLORADO! :wtf: granted house is big... but that's pretty much cali pricing at this point. Also he naturally doesn't have 1.3M in CASH but is borrowing from everyone he knows in some bizarre manner. I am assuming he will refi/get mortgage as soon as he closes. Ironically he sold his current condo for 900k in "OVERPRICED" cali.

That said.. :wtf: who has enough income for a 7 figure house in Colorado of all places. That means both parties must make at least 300k a year combined.
Lets see it!
https://www.redfin.com/CO/Superior/1202 ... e/35311501

Its obviously a decent house and it is way too big for 2 people who are about to become 3. But the inside screams "i cut corners in the 90s to hit a budget" . And there are 4200 sq feet to upgrade.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:45 pm

Lets see it!

Its obviously a decent house and it is way too big for 2 people who are about to become 3. But the inside screams "i cut corners in the 90s to hit a budget" . And there are 4200 sq feet to upgrade.
Huge, but wow...agreed on the cut corners comment. I can't imagine paying that for this house in this location. No thanks.
ChrisoftheNorth

Meanwhile, if you want to spend ~$1M in Northern MI:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7945 ... 5028_zpid/

Indoor pool even.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Lets see it!

Yep, great view out the back but this + cf = spending to infinity for the next two decades. Makes sense for a 35 yoa guy I guess but all of this is in my rearview.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:06 pm Meanwhile, if you want to spend ~$1M in Northern MI:

Indoor pool even.
:notbad: there are a few areas also left to upgrade. But it looks like they did a good job on the masterbath + kitchen. A few areas also scream " no one touched it since 1993" it :triggered: me because it costs SO MUCH now to update things. Especially since the house is 1.1M which isn't much the fixtures/house itself seems to be worth that entire amount and the land is "Free"
Last edited by max225 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:06 pm Meanwhile, if you want to spend ~$1M in Northern MI:

Indoor pool even.
That indoor pool is pretty bitchin.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:39 pm

When he started looking (last summer) it was around 700-800k so he was excited to save some cash... ended up spending almost double, because prices went :fullretard: kind of insane as to what's happening as of late. But somehow it's all gravy... I swear if we start bailing these retards out again like in 2008 I am going to pop a gasket.
So just like what Apex is seeing, he sold his place without having another counting on hopes and dreams? That's just :mindblown: to me.

I'm not sure what we're seeing is widespread enough to warrant a bail out when shit hits the fan, but I guess anything is possible. I think a lot of people will lose their asses and take major losses offing houses they can't afford in areas where there's no high paying jobs, but it's doing to decimate very fragile local economies in the process, so the .gov may take interest.
Can always just move yourself and your family in with your parents/in-laws like my sister :lolol: :disgust:
max225

Almost no individuals took losses on the house. We put it all on the banks in 08, causing the crisis. Because we claimed pRedAtoRy LeNding.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:41 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:21 pm

I’m trying to not worry, hopefully we don’t get too deep because I want my house. :lol:
It’ll all work out!

In other news I found a Super C for under $40k last night.. Gasser so I’m sure it gets like 4mpg. :lolol:
A Super C under $40k is gas for sure. Or has been to Mars and back. Good backup :doe: :lolgasm:

You won't need it, I bet everything will work out just fine.
:lolol:
Not a backup plan, but I stumbled upon it in the local crangslist ads.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:19 pm

Almost no individuals took losses on the house. We put it all on the banks in 08, causing the crisis. Because we claimed pRedAtoRy LeNding.
Those evil banks...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:40 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:16 pm

Colorado is pretty... but meh, I would go CA all day over it. Denver kind of sucks and that is the only place there are all that many jobs. Sure, if you could live in Boulder or Fort Collins or something, that would be sweet, but I'm sure it's crazy pricey and less money making opportunity. May as well live in the land of beaches, mountains, perfect weather, and high paying tech jobs if you're going to pay seven figures.
IDGAF About the ocean beach, so I'm more interested in something like Boulder, Colorado Springs, even Santa Fe or ABQ. But there's no real jobs in any of these places.
Santa Fe would be pretty dope, seems like a way better bet than CO to me, cheaper, less crowded, less homeless, still epic mountains, similar or better weather I think.

I think the ship has sailed with the OG 'escaping expensive areas' plight. People in LA, SF, Seattle, NYC, Boston, DC, etc. all started moving to Denver, Boise, Salt Lake City, Charlotte, Atlanta, Ft. Lauderdale/Miami, Raleigh, etc. Now all of those places are expensive as fuck, so you have to find the next B list if you want to get that lower COL. Eventually it will go full circle and people will be moving back to upstate NY and shit to have a "nice lifestyle" (aka huge houses and strip malls and stuff for cheap).
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:19 pm

There are homes in the far flung 'burbs here that are JUST NOW back to what they sold for in like 2007. So for those that could afford to keep paying the $600K McMansion Mortgage, they kinda got burned pretty hard as their $600K house is now only worth 2021 $600K. Meanwhile tiny ass houses in the city and the nicer, closer suburban places have just gone fuckin' nuts. I think some far flung 'burbs in places like Phoenix, Vegas, parts of TX are similar. 4K sq. ft. houses that aren't really close to anything cool are not a great investment, IMO.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:09 pm

Yep, great view out the back but this + cf = spending to infinity for the next two decades. Makes sense for a 35 yoa guy I guess but all of this is in my rearview.
Doesn't make sense to this 35 yo guy at all. I honestly don't know how people afford this stuff, especially with CF on top.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:18 pm

Can always just move yourself and your family in with your parents/in-laws like my sister :lolol: :disgust:
:disgust: :nope:

Though, I will spend time crashing with my mom or dad when I have to go into the office. Nowhere near moving in, but I am taking advantage of them in a way. My mom always asks when I'll be going back to the office because she wants me to visit on the regular, I'm the one that doesn't want to. :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:40 pm
Santa Fe would be pretty dope, seems like a way better bet than CO to me, cheaper, less crowded, less homeless, still epic mountains, similar or better weather I think.

I think the ship has sailed with the OG 'escaping expensive areas' plight. People in LA, SF, Seattle, NYC, Boston, DC, etc. all started moving to Denver, Boise, Salt Lake City, Charlotte, Atlanta, Ft. Lauderdale/Miami, Raleigh, etc. Now all of those places are expensive as fuck, so you have to find the next B list if you want to get that lower COL. Eventually it will go full circle and people will be moving back to upstate NY and shit to have a "nice lifestyle" (aka huge houses and strip malls and stuff for cheap).
Yea, but we'll see how long that lasts. There's no jobs in those cities that people flocked to. They'll be screwed eventually.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:28 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:09 pm

Doesn't make sense to this 35 yo guy at all. I honestly don't know how people afford this stuff, especially with CF on top.
#outlier :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:28 pm
:dat: We now have one set of friends about our age (40's) that don't live the over-leveraged CF lyfe. Everyone our age is buying Teslas and popping out CF's to no end.

We have more friends that are empty nesters in their 50-60's than anything else. We're oddly at similar life stages, and most tell us we're doing it right. :lolol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:40 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:32 pm

:dat: We now have one set of friends about our age (40's) that don't live the over-leveraged CF lyfe. Everyone our age is buying Teslas and popping out CF's to no end.

We have more friends that are empty nesters in their 50-60's than anything else. We're oddly at similar life stages, and most tell us we're doing it right. :lolol:
Stoked to have my only CF in college and no more in the queue.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:40 pm

Stoked to have my only CF in college and no more in the queue.
We just made friends with our neighbors who just closed on their house last month. Daughter is graduating this spring and going off to college, so they bought their retirement house. Apparently she got a full ride to a Michigan school, so they bought a brand new 24' center console boat with a brand new 10k lb hoist, easily a $100k spend ZFG.

When I told the dude about our used hoist and 21' gayliner he said "man, I wish I had bought that instead of all the damned diapers I did at your age".