OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:42 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:32 am

We’re going to go sleeper sofa/futon thing for ours. Let me know what you end up with, I haven’t had much interest in browsing around lol.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/nyhamn-sle ... s99306351/

We have an older version of this, and I've actually had one of these in my life for 10 years now. I bought one when I first moved to CA living in a room in a dude's house, and they've treated me well over the years. The wood slats have give in them that make them surprisingly comfortable to sit and sleep on. They're also a bit on the long side, which is really nice for tall people like me, and it's more sofa space. I slept on one as my main bed with a memory foam topper from Costco for years when I was a single dude, and it was great. We've had people sleep on it and comment "that's a great bed" when we tell them it's an Ikea Futon they're even more :mindblown:

Downside is it's pretty ugly. Wife hates it, but can't deny it's decently comfortable for a futon.
:notbad: but :tits: will hate how it looks like yours does, and she wants something at least 72” long so people can actually sleep comfortably on it :notwrong:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:51 am

We have an older version of this, and I've actually had one of these in my life for 10 years now. I bought one when I first moved to CA living in a room in a dude's house, and they've treated me well over the years. The wood slats have give in them that make them surprisingly comfortable to sit and sleep on. They're also a bit on the long side, which is really nice for tall people like me, and it's more sofa space. I slept on one as my main bed with a memory foam topper from Costco for years when I was a single dude, and it was great. We've had people sleep on it and comment "that's a great bed" when we tell them it's an Ikea Futon they're even more :mindblown:

Downside is it's pretty ugly. Wife hates it, but can't deny it's decently comfortable for a futon.
:notbad: but :tits: will hate how it looks like yours does, and she wants something at least 72” long so people can actually sleep comfortably on it :notwrong:
The Ikea one is 78" long, and my 6'5 self can sleep on it without feeling like I'm in a toddler bed.

But the looks are rough to get over, agreed.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:46 am

Futon was my first thought.
Just be careful, most really suck. Not comfortable to sleep on or sit on. The Ikea one I posted is the first I've found that's relatively comfortable.

Though I agree with troy. For a really small room, you're not going to be using it as a couch much anyway. Just get an air mattress. My dad has one with an inflator built in that's really quite nice. I don't think it was too expensive either.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:54 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:51 am

The Ikea one is 78" long, and my 6'5 self can sleep on it without feeling like I'm in a toddler bed.

But the looks are rough to get over, agreed.
Jesus I’m dumb. I saw the 55” dimension and assumed that was the length. Missed the 78” below that.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:44 am
wap wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:29 am

So it's a dedicated bedroom? Is a real bed not an option?
Or is it more of an occasional bedroom space and when you don't have guests it's more like an office or maybe a TV room? In that case I'd go with a quality sleeper sofa. But get a good one because the :scrooge: ones can be pretty uncomfortable to actually sleep on.
I'd say an air mattress is more for when you don't really have a spare room of any sort and you need to put up guests in, say, the living room or den, etc.

My worthless, :wrong: , $.02...
Small bedroom, bed won't fit with the desk in there too. Biggest item I could wedge in there would be a thin sleeper sofa.
SS then, so the room still has some utility when you don't have guests.
Or a futon, I guess.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

Michelle’s parents are in Ireland for the next week or two, so we’re gonna go watch their house this weekend. Will be nice chilling by the pool and relaxing.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:52 pm Michelle’s parents are in Ireland for the next week or two, so we’re gonna go watch their house this weekend. Will be nice chilling by the pool and relaxing.
Any issue with the feral neighbor cats again?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:06 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:52 pm Michelle’s parents are in Ireland for the next week or two, so we’re gonna go watch their house this weekend. Will be nice chilling by the pool and relaxing.
They’re still there. Code enforcement did absolutely nothing, and talking to the people did nothing as well. They bring food out twice a day and leave bowls of water on the sidewalk.

Both Ava and Jag are on strong flea medications now, but Jag has still be scratching at himself and I found a flea yesterday.

It might be :nuke: time.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:09 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:06 pm

They’re still there. Code enforcement did absolutely nothing, and talking to the people did nothing as well. They bring food out twice a day and leave bowls of water on the sidewalk.

Both Ava and Jag are on strong flea medications now, but Jag has still be scratching at himself and I found a flea yesterday.

It might be :nuke: time.
Yeet
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

Strong was supposed to be “stronger”.. they were already on meds and still got infected.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:29 am

So it's a dedicated bedroom? Is a real bed not an option?
Or is it more of an occasional bedroom space and when you don't have guests it's more like an office or maybe a TV room? In that case I'd go with a quality sleeper sofa. But get a good one because the :scrooge: ones can be pretty uncomfortable to actually sleep on.
I'd say an air mattress is more for when you don't really have a spare room of any sort and you need to put up guests in, say, the living room or den, etc.

My worthless, :wrong: , $.02...
Small bedroom, bed won't fit with the desk in there too. Biggest item I could wedge in there would be a thin sleeper sofa.
My personal opinion having owned a couple sleeper sofas and air mattresses. Get an air mattress. They are more comfortable to sleep on 9/10 times, take up minimal space. You can set up the office how you want it and not compromise the 99/100 times that there are no guests.

We have a guest room here, we've lived here for 9 months and it has been occupied by a toddler once for two nights and :melon: for one night when he bought the BMW. Reality is guest stays are pretty rare. Sleeper sofas are a bitch to move and get upstairs, they suck as beds, just not a road I would go down.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:28 pm

My personal opinion having owned a couple sleeper sofas and air mattresses. Get an air mattress. They are more comfortable to sleep on 9/10 times, take up minimal space. You can set up the office how you want it and not compromise the 99/100 times that there are no guests.

We have a guest room here, we've lived here for 9 months and it has been occupied by a toddler once for two nights and :melon: for one night when he bought the BMW. Reality is guest stays are pretty rare. Sleeper sofas are a bitch to move and get upstairs, they suck as beds, just not a road I would go down.
I think we've all had a bad sleeper sofa night where that bar sticking in your back makes a concrete floor preferable.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

If you’re gonna do a blowup mattress you might as well just leave a couple of sleeping bags in the room for guests to use. I’ve never not had a blow up mattress deflate enough to where I was at least partially on the floor, especially now that I’m :fatty:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:39 pm If you’re gonna do a blowup mattress you might as well just leave a couple of sleeping bags in the room for guests to use. I’ve never not had a blow up mattress deflate enough to where I was at least partially on the floor, especially now that I’m :fatty:
There are higher end models that stay inflated.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:41 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:39 pm If you’re gonna do a blowup mattress you might as well just leave a couple of sleeping bags in the room for guests to use. I’ve never not had a blow up mattress deflate enough to where I was at least partially on the floor, especially now that I’m :fatty:
I suppose.. my buddy swore his was one of those when I went to visit seattle last summer and sure enough my hips/ass were on the ground before the night was over..
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:41 pm

I suppose.. my buddy swore his was one of those when I went to visit seattle last summer and sure enough my hips/ass were on the ground before the night was over..
We bought a queen murphy bed for our guest room and put one of those Tuft and Needle Mint mattresses in it. It sleeps pretty dang well for the occasional guest, whenever one of us is having a poor sleep or the occasional use as the doghouse. :)
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:58 pm

We bought a queen murphy bed for our guest room and put one of those Tuft and Needle Mint mattresses in it. It sleeps pretty dang well for the occasional guest, whenever one of us is having a poor sleep or the occasional use as the doghouse. :)
I've always thought the Murphy seemed like a :neat: option, never tried one. I do like the idea of some kind of stowaway thing in a multi-purpose room. A "guest room" is so :butwhy: , especially if you live in the same area as your family.

RE: deflating air mattresses, in my experience the ones that use an external pump instead of built in don't deflate. Hell, I use the Walmart one I bought five years ago and shared with :mahtroy: at every track event I go to, it never deflates and I get a pretty good nights rest.
SAWCE

That’s an idea I can get behind
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:01 pm

I've always thought the Murphy seemed like a :neat: option, never tried one. I do like the idea of some kind of stowaway thing in a multi-purpose room. A "guest room" is so :butwhy: , especially if you live in the same area as your family.
Yeah ours is going to be more of an office, but she wants the sleeper/futon in there for that rare occasion that we do have an overnight guest.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:03 pm

That’s an idea I can get behind
We bought ours at a "Murphy Beds of San Diego" on Miramar Road. They came and installed it, we have two attached drawer units. Very nice. Not something you are likely to put in a rental, but it really does save space without compromising having a real bed.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:07 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:01 pm

Yeah ours is going to be more of an office, but she wants the sleeper/futon in there for that rare occasion that we do have an overnight guest.
They do have MB's that integrate a desk.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:31 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:07 pm

They do have MB's that integrate a desk.
That’d be sick. But like you said above, Murphy bed in a rental probably isn’t going to be my play. I’d rather not put a bed in there at all, but :tits: wants something for guests, so I’ll let her make the choices she wants as long as the budget doesn’t get absurd for something that will see minimal usage.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

When I stayed over at Trav's place it was on the best fucking air mattress I've ever slept on.
I think he said it was a Sealy.

I'm not a small :melon: about 350lbs, and it held my weight like a regular mattress.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

How is everyone doing this evening? How was the week?

I have been really tied up with work/life but am chilling for a hot second.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:38 pm How is everyone doing this evening? How was the week?

I have been really tied up with work/life but am chilling for a hot second.
:hai:
Just came back from grocery shopping. Chilling on the couch thinking about going upstairs and going to bed.

Week was ok. Yesterday was cool. Our local microbrewery was celebrating their 8th anniversary last night with tours of the place, a free glass, and free beer tasting. :notbad: .
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.