OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Been waiting for the indoor soccer dome to convert to a driving range for the season. They did last month

Open 9am -3pm

:rage:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:43 am So I guess the new guidelines are that if you test positive that you only have to quarantine for 10 days from when symptoms started, I’m guessing since it’s thought that you had it for a few days before that. So based on that my county health ordered quarantine is over tomorrow, but my work is still keeping me out until the following week :notbad: I’ll WFH since I feel well and get to start going back to the gym. I’ll monitor myself before actually leaving the house, but I’ve felt progressively better the last few days and woke up feeling 90% normal this morning. If I’m still coughing throughout the day tomorrow and Monday then I’ll stay in until that clears up.
That's cool man, you weathered that storm nicely. Glad to see it work out for you. How's the missus fairing with it?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:56 am
Tarspin wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:33 am

:dat: , needs MOAR meanie.
:dat:

:jimp:

:dat: might be the most aesthetically pleasing GTI since MK2, IMO.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

razr390 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:28 pm
wap wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:42 am

Interesting. What :ramz: do they have?
Cornflower is available for 2021 MY GTI’s (even non-rabbits). And they come with a light club sport wheel. Skinny spokes.
The Cornflower Rabbit owners haven't stopped crying since it was announced.
Huckleberry

wap wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:30 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:15 pm

Volkswagen should just stick with like 2 or 3 wheel types. The rest sucketh.
I much prefer my black Prets to those. ^^
This is the first car where I have had black wheels. I do like them, and can attest that they can take a pothole hit at 70mph.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Busy week thus far, on top of the ususal, I'm working with my cousin (the shop guy who owns the X1/9) to drum up new side business. We have a meeting with a manufacturing facility to quote on three different projects. One of which is an actual :fancy: welding machine, some programming, and a bunch of robot service work (general maintenance). It turns out my cousin is a bit more capitalistic then I'm used to, so we'll either get ignored or should turn a tidy profit on this new venture. Either way, it is side project so I'm pretty :aintcare: .
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:52 am Busy week thus far, on top of the ususal, I'm working with my cousin (the shop guy who owns the X1/9) to drum up new side business. We have a meeting with a manufacturing facility to quote on three different projects. One of which is an actual :fancy: welding machine, some programming, and a bunch of robot service work (general maintenance). It turns out my cousin is a bit more capitalistic then I'm used to, so we'll either get ignored or should turn a tidy profit on this new venture. Either way, it is side project so I'm pretty :aintcare: .
Dude, that's awesome! Hope you score these projects!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:56 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:52 am Busy week thus far, on top of the ususal, I'm working with my cousin (the shop guy who owns the X1/9) to drum up new side business. We have a meeting with a manufacturing facility to quote on three different projects. One of which is an actual :fancy: welding machine, some programming, and a bunch of robot service work (general maintenance). It turns out my cousin is a bit more capitalistic then I'm used to, so we'll either get ignored or should turn a tidy profit on this new venture. Either way, it is side project so I'm pretty :aintcare: .
Thanks, it will be nice to mix my daily grind up a bit! Every time I reach out of my comfort zone, things work out but the stress is pretty high. This go-around I'm just going to take a very casual approach and see what happens. The general maintenance portion is my specialty skill, so I quoted the way I would typically break down a job. My cousin revamped it and stripped out almost all of the details regarding timelines and material costs. Three line items, service A, B and C, are separated with a price-tag attached to each one. He tells me that it eliminates the song and dance and haggling if we happen to invest fewer hours to get the job done. Also, he added an extra 20%!

He has the task of quoting the :fancy: machine, and I think we will work through it together. I'm impressed with his confidence, he's either really good or batshit crazy LOL. :ohwell: , we are billing it through his company name so I'm :popcorn: more then :ohmy:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:43 am
wap wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:56 am

:jimp:

:dat: might be the most aesthetically pleasing GTI since MK2, IMO.
It really is a beaut, no doubt.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:26 am
razr390 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:28 pm

Cornflower is available for 2021 MY GTI’s (even non-rabbits). And they come with a light club sport wheel. Skinny spokes.
:notsure:
I for one am :whocares:
It just means we can see more good looking cars on the road. :like:
wap

Coldest morning of the season so far. 19F. :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:39 am Coldest morning of the season so far. 19F. :disgust:
22 here. Quite cold indeed. Got some lake effect snow this morning, GIANT flakes, was 5/7 to watch from the warmth inside the house and a cup of coffee.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry

wap wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:32 am
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:26 am
On the 2019 Rabbit Facebook group, the tears haven't stopped flowing. It's gotten to being a daily thing where someone posts a picture of the new "imposters" and then everyone talks about how VW screwed them all over. :rolleyes:
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:04 pm

On the 2019 Rabbit Facebook group, the tears haven't stopped flowing. It's gotten to being a daily thing where someone posts a picture of the new "imposters" and then everyone talks about how VW screwed them all over. :rolleyes:
:derp:

It's not like it's some high end limited production Porsche or some shit. Come on. :baby:
Huckleberry

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:06 pm

It's not like it's some high end limited production Porsche or some shit. Come on. :baby:
Pretty much.

Of course, I bought my Rabbit in white, so :aintcare:. There was a Cornflower one available, but the dealer was willing to go down another $1200 or so on the white car, and since the Rabbits were all appointed the same, it was literally a difference in color.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:06 pm

Pretty much.

Of course, I bought my Rabbit in white, so :aintcare:. There was a Cornflower one available, but the dealer was willing to go down another $1200 or so on the white car, and since the Rabbits were all appointed the same, it was literally a difference in color.
I understand the importance of color for sure, but at the same time don't understand :baby: about the color being more widely available. If you like it, isn't that a good thing? Blue Meanie Blue isn't going to be a high running color nonmatter what, it's polarizing for dealers/customers I'm sure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:17 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:56 am
Thanks, it will be nice to mix my daily grind up a bit! Every time I reach out of my comfort zone, things work out but the stress is pretty high. This go-around I'm just going to take a very casual approach and see what happens. The general maintenance portion is my specialty skill, so I quoted the way I would typically break down a job. My cousin revamped it and stripped out almost all of the details regarding timelines and material costs. Three line items, service A, B and C, are separated with a price-tag attached to each one. He tells me that it eliminates the song and dance and haggling if we happen to invest fewer hours to get the job done. Also, he added an extra 20%!

He has the task of quoting the :fancy: machine, and I think we will work through it together. I'm impressed with his confidence, he's either really good or batshit crazy LOL. :ohwell: , we are billing it through his company name so I'm :popcorn: more then :ohmy:
:fuckyeah: that is awesome man! Since it's side work, may as well aim high and :aintcare: if it doesn't work out. If new things are added stress, some extra :waxer: should be :nice: payoff for it.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:38 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:43 am So I guess the new guidelines are that if you test positive that you only have to quarantine for 10 days from when symptoms started, I’m guessing since it’s thought that you had it for a few days before that. So based on that my county health ordered quarantine is over tomorrow, but my work is still keeping me out until the following week :notbad: I’ll WFH since I feel well and get to start going back to the gym. I’ll monitor myself before actually leaving the house, but I’ve felt progressively better the last few days and woke up feeling 90% normal this morning. If I’m still coughing throughout the day tomorrow and Monday then I’ll stay in until that clears up.
That's cool man, you weathered that storm nicely. Glad to see it work out for you. How's the missus fairing with it?
She got hit slightly harder than me, but we’re both on the up and up now. Only lingering effect is that I get winded easily, and don’t expect to have full cardio/lung capacity for a while so I’ll ease back into working out.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Since :mahtroy: :rage: quit, I can now share this here.

The wife and I decided to YOLO/ :millennial: and go on a cross country trip over the next three weeks. I had enough PTO left (plus company holidays) to take next week and the following off, she is off as well; this week we are both working remotely.

I will likely be fairly scarce here over the next few weeks, but it should be fun! We are mostly focusing on National/State parks in the SW like Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands, Big Bend, etc. Pics and stuff to come.

We are of course social distancing , keeping to ourselves, and avoiding anything indoors other our own private lodging.

Currently posting from outside Austin, TX while working remote.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:27 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:38 am

She got hit slightly harder than me, but we’re both on the up and up now. Only lingering effect is that I get winded easily, and don’t expect to have full cardio/lung capacity for a while so I’ll ease back into working out.
Glad to hear y'all are OK man, I hope there are no lasting effects from the virus.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:04 pm
wap wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:39 am Coldest morning of the season so far. 19F. :disgust:
22 here. Quite cold indeed. Got some lake effect snow this morning, GIANT flakes, was 5/7 to watch from the warmth inside the house and a cup of coffee.
That does sound :megusta:
wap

:wtf: :lolol: :rolleyes: :baby: :really: :whocares:
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:27 pm Since :mahtroy: :rage: quit, I can now share this here.

The wife and I decided to YOLO/ :millennial: and go on a cross country trip over the next three weeks. I had enough PTO left (plus company holidays) to take next week and the following off, she is off as well; this week we are both working remotely.

I will likely be fairly scarce here over the next few weeks, but it should be fun! We are mostly focusing on National/State parks in the SW like Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands, Big Bend, etc. Pics and stuff to come.

We are of course social distancing , keeping to ourselves, and avoiding anything indoors other our own private lodging.

Dude, that sounds so :fuckyeah: And it seems like you're doing it right.
:popcorn: for pics.
Are you driving the :jeep: ?
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:28 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:27 pm

Glad to hear y'all are OK man, I hope there are no lasting effects from the virus.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:37 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:27 pm Since :mahtroy: :rage: quit, I can now share this here.

Dude, that sounds so :fuckyeah: And it seems like you're doing it right.
:popcorn: for pics.
Are you driving the :jeep: ?
Yep! I will definitely be posting some impressions in the :jeep: thread when I have time. It was great day one (Charlotte to Mobile, AL), day two (Mobile to Austin) was pretty damn terrible, it was extremely windy which really blew ( :iswydt: ) with the soft top and Beep Beep handling. The MPGeez also took a big hit dropping from 25-26 indicated to 20.

It is working well though for us, our shit and the :doge: (who takes up a ton of room somehow).

We figured we may as well do the trip as we likely won't have another opportunity where we could both :gtfo: for three straight weeks.