OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:42 pm
wap wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Dude, that sounds so :fuckyeah: And it seems like you're doing it right.
:popcorn: for pics.
Are you driving the :jeep: ?
Yep! I will definitely be posting some impressions in the :jeep: thread when I have time. It was great day one (Charlotte to Mobile, AL), day two (Mobile to Austin) was pretty damn terrible, it was extremely windy which really blew ( :iswydt: ) with the soft top and Beep Beep handling. The MPGeez also took a big hit dropping from 25-26 indicated to 20.

It is working well though for us, our shit and the :doge: (who takes up a ton of room somehow).

We figured we may as well do the trip as we likely won't have another opportunity where we could both :gtfo: for three straight weeks.
Mahtroy quit ? :yikes: :wat: happened? Also pics would be great... my friends just drove from SF to Austin and back in 5 days.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:49 pm

Yep! I will definitely be posting some impressions in the :jeep: thread when I have time. It was great day one (Charlotte to Mobile, AL), day two (Mobile to Austin) was pretty damn terrible, it was extremely windy which really blew ( :iswydt: ) with the soft top and Beep Beep handling. The MPGeez also took a big hit dropping from 25-26 indicated to 20.

It is working well though for us, our shit and the :doge: (who takes up a ton of room somehow).

We figured we may as well do the trip as we likely won't have another opportunity where we could both :gtfo: for three straight weeks.
Mahtroy quit ? :yikes: :wat: happened? Also pics would be great... my friends just drove from SF to Austin and back in 5 days.
He got all pissy in the bike thread because he was :rage: about not making any improvements but also never took any of the advice that was generously given over and over.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:50 pm

He got all pissy in the bike thread because he was :rage: about not making any improvements but also never took any of the advice that was generously given over and over.
That sounds about right. :lol:

Been really quiet here lately (in real life). I am literally losing my shit being at home all the time... I traveled at least 10x a year...now to 0... and I do not like it...
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

wap wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Dude, that sounds so :fuckyeah: And it seems like you're doing it right.
:popcorn: for pics.
Are you driving the :jeep: ?

:word:
So where will you be spending Christmas/New Years?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:06 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:04 pm

On the 2019 Rabbit Facebook group, the tears haven't stopped flowing. It's gotten to being a daily thing where someone posts a picture of the new "imposters" and then everyone talks about how VW screwed them all over. :rolleyes:
:derp:

It's not like it's some high end limited production Porsche or some shit. Come on. :baby:
I sort of get it? CF blue is desirable and was available only for one year and only on one trim level, and the used prices seemingly reflect that. I wouldn't be surprised if those cars drop in price closer to the value of other rabbit editions once there are used 2021s floating around.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:50 pm

:crang:
wap

coogles wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:06 pm
:derp:

It's not like it's some high end limited production Porsche or some shit. Come on. :baby:
I sort of get it? CF blue is desirable and was available only for one year and only on one trim level, and the used prices seemingly reflect that. I wouldn't be surprised if those cars drop in price closer to the value of other rabbit editions once there are used 2021s floating around.
Do you know if they're now offering that cool Rabbit gray color again, too?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:25 pm
coogles wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:24 pm

Doesn't look like it.
wap

coogles wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:43 pm
wap wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:25 pm

Doesn't look like it.
Too bad. That was a :neat: color, too.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:27 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:38 am

That's cool man, you weathered that storm nicely. Glad to see it work out for you. How's the missus fairing with it?
She got hit slightly harder than me, but we’re both on the up and up now. Only lingering effect is that I get winded easily, and don’t expect to have full cardio/lung capacity for a while so I’ll ease back into working out.
My hockey trainer bro had reduced lung capacity but seems to be doing fairly well a few weeks later. :notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:25 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:17 am

Thanks, it will be nice to mix my daily grind up a bit! Every time I reach out of my comfort zone, things work out but the stress is pretty high. This go-around I'm just going to take a very casual approach and see what happens. The general maintenance portion is my specialty skill, so I quoted the way I would typically break down a job. My cousin revamped it and stripped out almost all of the details regarding timelines and material costs. Three line items, service A, B and C, are separated with a price-tag attached to each one. He tells me that it eliminates the song and dance and haggling if we happen to invest fewer hours to get the job done. Also, he added an extra 20%!

He has the task of quoting the :fancy: machine, and I think we will work through it together. I'm impressed with his confidence, he's either really good or batshit crazy LOL. :ohwell: , we are billing it through his company name so I'm :popcorn: more then :ohmy:
:fuckyeah: that is awesome man! Since it's side work, may as well aim high and :aintcare: if it doesn't work out. If new things are added stress, some extra :waxer: should be :nice: payoff for it.
:dat:

We'll see what happens. I don't think any real players in the field are going to be low balling rates in a market where the price of everything will be going up soon, so I'm all about this type of quoting. It's pretty fun so far, and we drink beers and hang out when we work on it. I call it a win-win sitch.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:28 pm

She got hit slightly harder than me, but we’re both on the up and up now. Only lingering effect is that I get winded easily, and don’t expect to have full cardio/lung capacity for a while so I’ll ease back into working out.
Glad to hear y'all are OK man, I hope there are no lasting effects from the virus.
Thanks dude!

Road trip sounds rad. Let me know if you pass through SoCal.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:15 pm

My hockey trainer bro had reduced lung capacity but seems to be doing fairly well a few weeks later. :notbad:
Same boat with me. I'm just less than a month out from my first day with symptoms (11/20), but I'm getting back into form now. Still don't quite have the cardio I did prior, but it seems like it's improving every day.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:29 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:28 pm

Glad to hear y'all are OK man, I hope there are no lasting effects from the virus.
Thanks dude!

We had originally planned to head all the way to San Diego as the final point west, but with everything shut down and that being a highly populated area, we decided to stay out of CA with the exception of Death Valley.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:24 pm

Christmas we are staying in the Grand Canyon West lodge overlooking the Canyon, so Christmas morning we can have cofvefe/exchange our small gifts on the patio and see the sunrise over the canyon, should be 5/7!

New Years will be on the way home, likely in Kansas, so we will just be in a hotel room or airBNB solo... should be 3/7. :dock: will probably be the highlight. NYE is one of those holidays that's :diappoint: with COVID as it is normally centered around partying with friends at someone's house or a mountain cabin for me.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:55 pm

Thanks dude!

We had originally planned to head all the way to San Diego as the final point west, but with everything shut down and that being a highly populated area, we decided to stay out of CA with the exception of Death Valley.
Bummer. Makes sense though. Everything got shut down last Monday when I got quarantined, so I keep forgetting everything is closed since I haven’t really left the house.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:57 pm

Christmas we are staying in the Grand Canyon West lodge overlooking the Canyon, so Christmas morning we can have cofvefe/exchange our small gifts on the patio and see the sunrise over the canyon, should be 5/7!

New Years will be on the way home, likely in Kansas, so we will just be in a hotel room or airBNB solo... should be 3/7. :dock: will probably be the highlight. NYE is one of those holidays that's :diappoint: with COVID as it is normally centered around partying with friends at someone's house or a mountain cabin for me.
Christmas sounds :amaze: !!
NYE - meh, :whocares:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:23 pm

Yeah, if it wasn't COVID we may have tried to find somewhere better to spend it, but whatever.
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:26 pm
wap wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:23 pm
Yeah, if it wasn't COVID we may have tried to find somewhere better to spend it, but whatever.
The older I've gotten, the less important NYE seems to get.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:29 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:26 pm

The older I've gotten, the less important NYE seems to get.
I've never cared all that much, but normally the :drunk: night with friends at a cabin in the woods has been pretty cool. I have never enjoyed the bar scene on NYE as it is crazy packed/expensive :nope: .
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

What's your target death rate round trip?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Excellent Griff! We're probably going to make a similar drive in March (bailing on flying to CA for Christmas) might hit you up for some suggestions.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Thanks dude!

Yea it is illegal for anyone outside of california to stay in california. :like:
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:10 pm Excellent Griff! We're probably going to make a similar drive in March (bailing on flying to CA for Christmas) might hit you up for some suggestions.
ORLY??
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:32 pm

Yea it is illegal for anyone outside of california to stay in california. :like:
not exactly...need to quarantine for 14 days before doing anything.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.