OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:24 pm Bingo.

$5 of food will get me quite far on a bike.
:iono: Everyone who partakes in the cycling thread here seems to :troywax: hundreds a month on shit.
I'm getting close to "done" except for some more winter clothing and a headlight which you don't need in the land of sunshine. Grand total I think I've spent $2500-3000 and have ~150 hours of seat time so far.

That being said, I do kind of want a :fancy: lighter bike with hydraulic brakes and only a 2x front derailleur - all of which would just make life easier.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:21 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:16 pm

I’m surprised nobody else got it from her. Wonder if we had it previously and have the antibodies. Dad, grandma, Michelle, and I were all in close contact with her that Wednesday night before she started feeling ill.
Sometimes I wonder how easy it really is to contract.

Michele and I flew to California literally the day before the lockdowns started. We went through 4 total airports round trip, no masks, minimal precautions other than hand washing and sanitizing. We went for a wedding that was cancelled while we were in the air, but they had a party anyway with easily 50 people all in close proximity at a small house in downtown Santa Barbara. If we were going to catch it, that was going to be it between the party and airports. We've been perfectly fine since. Maybe asymptomatic, but none of the few people we hang out with have gotten it, so we haven't passed it on to anyone unless EVERYONE is asymptomatic, which seems unlikely.
We flew up to Seattle right before lockdowns happened too, in March. No masks, since that wasn’t a thing yet, but we did bring hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes on the flight with us. No issues then either.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:10 pm First day back in the office in two weeks.

10/7, michelle and I picked up her parents from the airport. 10/8 her mom starts feeling sick. 10/9 it’s full blown COVID symptoms, she goes in for a test. I told work about it then and was sent home to WFH until we figured out what was going on. The following Monday, 10/12 her result comes back positive. It’s been five days since exposure to her, so long enough that it’ll actually show on a test for me if I did get it. Did two tests, one normal, one rapid. Rapid test came back negative about thirty minutes after I took it, full test came back negative the next day 10/13. But because of her (MIL) positive test, the county contact tracers still got ahold of Michelle and I and said we had to quarantine for two weeks from the time of exposure. Forwarded the letter to my boss, finished last week WFH, then this week I took advantage of the supplemental time off that we’re offered for COVID (used 32 of my 80 hours) and just chilled M-Th.

Nice to have a paid break from work without hitting my vacation or sick balances.
Wow. Dodged a bullet there, :sawce: ! How's her mom doing?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:32 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:10 pm First day back in the office in two weeks.

10/7, michelle and I picked up her parents from the airport. 10/8 her mom starts feeling sick. 10/9 it’s full blown COVID symptoms, she goes in for a test. I told work about it then and was sent home to WFH until we figured out what was going on. The following Monday, 10/12 her result comes back positive. It’s been five days since exposure to her, so long enough that it’ll actually show on a test for me if I did get it. Did two tests, one normal, one rapid. Rapid test came back negative about thirty minutes after I took it, full test came back negative the next day 10/13. But because of her (MIL) positive test, the county contact tracers still got ahold of Michelle and I and said we had to quarantine for two weeks from the time of exposure. Forwarded the letter to my boss, finished last week WFH, then this week I took advantage of the supplemental time off that we’re offered for COVID (used 32 of my 80 hours) and just chilled M-Th.

Nice to have a paid break from work without hitting my vacation or sick balances.
Still recovering a bit. Small lingering cough, and she still doesn’t have her sense of smell or taste back yet, but doing well overall.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:26 pm
wap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:32 pm

Still recovering a bit. Small lingering cough, and she still doesn’t have her sense of smell or taste back yet, but doing well overall.
So where does she think she got the VID?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:37 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:26 pm

They’d been in Ireland for 2-3 weeks (2 week quarantine when they got there, and I think they stayed a little after that.. so either in Ireland, although I haven’t heard anything about her sister or anyone at her school that they were dropping her off at getting it either, or on the flight home.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:42 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:37 pm

They’d been in Ireland for 2-3 weeks (2 week quarantine when they got there, and I think they stayed a little after that.. so either in Ireland, although I haven’t heard anything about her sister or anyone at her school that they were dropping her off at getting it either, or on the flight home.
I suspect :dat:

Glad to hear she's getting better. So weird how this virus fucks up your senses of taste and smell.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:09 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:42 pm

Glad to hear she's getting better. So weird how this virus fucks up your senses of taste and smell.
Makes life cheaper. No need for :fancy: food and drink.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:38 pm

:mahtroy:

:disgust:
Some things in life are worth paying a bit for, Dirk.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:12 pm

Ain't no Little Caesar's getting washed down with Everclear at the Divebomber Household.
SAWCE

:notwrong: probably help a lot of people lose weight too. She’s said that eating has lost all pleasure right now.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:13 pm
wap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:12 pm

Ain't no Little Caesar's getting washed down with Everclear at the Divebomber Household.
:zing:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:19 pm

:notwrong: probably help a lot of people lose weight too. She’s said that eating has lost all pleasure right now.
:(
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

There's another storm in the Gulf.

:rage: :nope:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:howdy:

How was the weekend for everyone? :tits: and I decided to take a last minute trip to the coast as it was unexpectedly warm this weekend. It was beautiful Saturday, we hit the beach, I went for a 7.5 mile run in the beach town and then we chilled and had some brews. We grabbed some local seafood and ate it at the airBNB for dinner, which had dope waterway/marsh views.

Yesterday it rained all day, so we just chilled on the airBNB porch, drank a bunch of cofvefe, and drove home. All in all was quite nice.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SAWCE

Looks dope Griff.

Chill weekend here. Grabbed poke Friday night and just stayed in watching Netflix and smoking. Saturday Michelle and I went to the gym together, then she had a book club thing and I went grocery shopping. Cooked up some burgers, smoked a bowl, and had a beer for dinner.. 5/7 night right there. Yesterday I hit the gym solo, then we went up to her parents’ place for her dad’s birthday. We bought him a :waxer: bottle of wine. Her mom is feeling better, but still so smell or taste. For not being able to check her work, the dinner she made was bomb. Handmade pasta, then some sort of beef roast stewed in whatever sauces. Just shredded the :meat: over the pasta :drool:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:48 am Looks dope Griff.

Chill weekend here. Grabbed poke Friday night and just stayed in watching Netflix and smoking. Saturday Michelle and I went to the gym together, then she had a book club thing and I went grocery shopping. Cooked up some burgers, smoked a bowl, and had a beer for dinner.. 5/7 night right there. Yesterday I hit the gym solo, then we went up to her parents’ place for her dad’s birthday. We bought him a :waxer: bottle of wine. Her mom is feeling better, but still so smell or taste. For not being able to check her work, the dinner she made was bomb. Handmade pasta, then some sort of beef roast stewed in whatever sauces. Just shredded the :meat: over the pasta :drool:
Sounds :nice:

Must be a bit of a bummer to put in the effort to make a bunch of bomb ass food then not get to taste it.
wap

:megusta: pics, Griff.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:36 am Image

Neat spot! It would be fun to explore the marshes with that boat and/or do some fishing! How was the bug sitch, are there times of the year that things are more/less buggy for you guys?

I worked all weekend, it was insane but Sunday was literally a 'sit here and don't touch anything" union peacocking event, thankfully nobody needed me for tech support so I window shopped cars and got caught up on my paperwork. Wife was really irritable and a pain in the ass so the work was a reprise. We are sharing a happy and enjoyable WFH morning together so it was just some anxiety thing she cycles in and out of. Pain in her side means pain in my side. :rolleyes:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Morning. Cold front here, which flares some shit up in my body. I have some eczema on my hands and it’s annoying.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Supposed to snow here a bit tonight. Won't stick, but foliage color has peaked and will be pretty neat to see. :excited:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:19 pm Supposed to snow here a bit tonight. Won't stick, but foliage color has peaked and will be pretty neat to see. :excited:
It's snowing here this morning! :wtf:

Meant to post this last week. Thursday morning woke up to temps in the low 40's and rain. Driving home from work it was 77* and sunny. :ludacris:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:35 am :howdy:

How was the weekend for everyone? :tits: and I decided to take a last minute trip to the coast as it was unexpectedly warm this weekend. It was beautiful Saturday, we hit the beach, I went for a 7.5 mile run in the beach town and then we chilled and had some brews. We grabbed some local seafood and ate it at the airBNB for dinner, which had dope waterway/marsh views.

Yesterday it rained all day, so we just chilled on the airBNB porch, drank a bunch of cofvefe, and drove home. All in all was quite nice.
This is great! We went wining, some epic curvy roads etc in the truk, so it is nearly fully broken in (less than 1 week in)
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:17 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:36 am Image

Neat spot! It would be fun to explore the marshes with that boat and/or do some fishing! How was the bug sitch, are there times of the year that things are more/less buggy for you guys?

I worked all weekend, it was insane but Sunday was literally a 'sit here and don't touch anything" union peacocking event, thankfully nobody needed me for tech support so I window shopped cars and got caught up on my paperwork. Wife was really irritable and a pain in the ass so the work was a reprise. We are sharing a happy and enjoyable WFH morning together so it was just some anxiety thing she cycles in and out of. Pain in her side means pain in my side. :rolleyes:
We brought our kayaks (inflatables) and were planning to do some exploring that way Sunday but it was wicked rainy. It was a bit buggy out there :ohwell: They die down in the winter but we aren't there yet (fortunately). I don't think use of the boat was included in the BNB :lolol:
Last edited by D Griff on Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.