OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:12 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:44 pm

To be fair, wild fires are a common occurrence in Cali. Major snow storms and winter systems aren’t that common, at least not in south Texas.
It was 70+ and I was riding my mountain bike North of Austin last Monday.

It’s now warmer here in NJ than it is south of Austin. This is not normal.
Climate change is :fakenews: :doe: Amirite???

:fax:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:02 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:12 pm

It was 70+ and I was riding my mountain bike North of Austin last Monday.

It’s now warmer here in NJ than it is south of Austin. This is not normal.

The :fakenews: is that driving an electric car will change it. So no need to start pumping the libtarded agenda.

Population of world needs to be reduced by 90% for 30 years. And then we need to study the outcome of said result ... but we won’t do that and keep breeding.

At this point it’s just a pot meet kettle convo
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:07 am

Population of world needs to be reduced by 90% for 30 years.
I’m an asshole, but this is the reason I don’t think we should have shut anything down for COVID. Letting a virus run its natural course and wipe out whoever it’s going to is the only way to decrease the population without an actual genocide.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Running out of oil will do the trick. The earth is going to be just fine. It will eventually shrug us off like the parasitic fleas that we are. It will be much better off without us.
Last edited by Irish on Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The :fakenews: is that driving an electric car will change it. So no need to start pumping the libtarded agenda.

Population of world needs to be reduced by 90% for 30 years. And then we need to study the outcome of said result ... but we won’t do that and keep breeding.

:notwrong:

I don't know about the 90% thing... seems a bit extreme, but yeah. We live in a society ruled by consumption. Everything we do is detrimental to the planet, very few people are doing shit about it. :doomed:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Irish wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:23 am Running out of oil will do the trick. The earth is going to be just fine. It will eventually shrug us off like the parasitic fleas that we are. It will be much better off without us.
I suspect this will ring true one day... it will just be very very very shitty for the final generations that are around. Whether or not that's us remains to be seen, IMO.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

[user not found] wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:25 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:18 am

I’m an asshole, but this is the reason I don’t think we should have shut anything down for COVID. Letting a virus run its natural course and wipe out whoever it’s going to is the only way to decrease the population without an actual genocide.
Just depends on who you're willing to say goodbye to.

But, not wrong.
Right, and that’s where it gets tricky. Do you lean on the side of being a “good” person and save as many lives as possible in the short term, or do you lean on the side of “logic” and try to set a better future for those who do survive?
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:32 am

I don't know about the 90% thing... seems a bit extreme, but yeah. We live in a society ruled by consumption. Everything we do is detrimental to the planet, very few people are doing shit about it. :doomed:
The earths population went up 153% since 1960 and a lot of those humans born that year are still alive. There is no space for than 1B humans on this planet. It is fairly clear.

We also decided to occupy places that are inhospitable to human life like Arizona, Texas and most of the northern states.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:18 am

But, not wrong.

I say let the thing run its course, smart people can and will avoid it, the others will be toast.

The problem is, smart people are tasked with taking care of the dumb, and puts them in harm's way.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:49 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:32 am

The earths population went up 153% since 1960 and a lot of those humans born that year are still alive. There is no space for than 1B humans on this planet. It is fairly clear.

We also decided to occupy places that are inhospitable to human life like Arizona, Texas and most of the northern states.
Natives lived in all those areas before things like air conditioning. They just didn't sprawl out everywhere. The bluff I live on has a rich native history, people lived here for thousands of years fishing, farming, etc. People adapt, but the problem is now the sprawl is unsustainable and the high concentration of population is a big contributor. Phoenix? Vegas? Austin? Those aren't areas people should be living en masse.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:55 am

But, not wrong.

I say let the thing run its course, smart people can and will avoid it, the others will be toast.

The problem is, smart people are tasked with taking care of the dumb, and puts them in harm's way.
That doesn’t make them smart then...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:57 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:55 am

Being a doctor isn't smart? :notsure: But at that point, just get rid of modern medicine.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:57 am
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:49 am

Natives lived in all those areas before things like air conditioning. They just didn't sprawl out everywhere. The bluff I live on has a rich native history, people lived here for thousands of years fishing, farming, etc. People adapt, but the problem is now the sprawl is unsustainable and the high concentration of population is a big contributor. Phoenix? Vegas? Austin? Those aren't areas people should be living en masse.
Yea and they needed 100s of acres per person to sustain life, and nearly or actually died every winter etc. sitting indoors at 80F sipping on a martini while it is -20F outside should be a wake up call
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:58 am
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:57 am

Being a doctor isn't smart? :notsure: But at that point, just get rid of modern medicine.
I mean if all the smart ones die ... does that make them smart ?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:59 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:57 am
Yea and they needed 100s of acres per person to sustain life, and nearly or actually died every winter etc. sitting indoors at 80F sipping on a martini while it is -20F outside should be a wake up call
Same with sipping martinis inside at 70 degrees when it's 120 out.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:58 am

So doctors should just bail on treating COVID? Let the hospitals just become death zones?
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Right. many many cases as such, too long a list to list. Watering lawns in Vegas etc.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:11 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:00 pm

So doctors should just bail on treating COVID? Let the hospitals just become death zones?
Why not? If we have to preserve the smart ones. If not they are expendable.
Who is more important to survive...
A doctor who can heal hundreds
Hundreds that decided to join a peaceful protest
?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:11 pm

Why not? If we have to preserve the smart ones. If not they are expendable.
Who is more important to survive...
A doctor who can heal hundreds
Hundreds that decided to join a peaceful protest
?
I can't disagree.
Irish

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:34 am
Irish wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:23 am Running out of oil will do the trick. The earth is going to be just fine. It will eventually shrug us off like the parasitic fleas that we are. It will be much better off without us.
I suspect this will ring true one day... it will just be very very very shitty for the final generations that are around. Whether or not that's us remains to be seen, IMO.
I used to think it would happen in my lifetime but now I am thinking there is more left than was originally thought. However, it is a finite resourse. Some would argue that even if you and I were to go into the garage and invent some sort of miracle device that would produce power from water or thin air, we lack enough oil to manufacture and implement such devices on a world wide scale. Think about retrofitting every single energy-producing, oil-reliant device on earth. It would definately take more oil than we have.
Last edited by Irish on Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Checking in.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:25 pm
Checking in.
:howdy:

And how is our cunningly arid Desert Fox today?
max225

I think the first and main step in the solution is ADMITTING we are ALL part of the problem. But we're too conditioned to be RED VS BLUE, my state vs YOUR STATE. I AM RIGHT mentality.

Top down targets on energy consumption and lets deal with that... but I am willing to BET nearly everything I have that no one is even willing to cut 20-30 %.

So we will be going down this ship in flames, no way around it. So I see it all as pointless banter. Green new deal, "clean energy" etc it is all a sham, there is no such thing.

It won't happen in our lifetime because we're fundamentally going the wrong direction as humanity.
max225

Look no further than the :wrong: meme so often used here today.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:41 pm I think the first and main step in the solution is ADMITTING we are ALL part of the problem. But we're too conditioned to be RED VS BLUE, my state vs YOUR STATE. I AM RIGHT mentality.

Top down targets on energy consumption and lets deal with that... but I am willing to BET nearly everything I have that no one is even willing to cut 20-30 %.

So we will be going down this ship in flames, no way around it. So I see it all as pointless banter. Green new deal, "clean energy" etc it is all a sham, there is no such thing.

It won't happen in our lifetime because we're fundamentally going the wrong direction as humanity.
Brother from another mother...