OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

PB is on thing where I stick with name brand..... Skippy, Jif or Peter Pan.... in that order...... I have never really found a generic that I like as much...... though I am sure those three brands make some of them....

When I was at Kellogg's we used to ship out big bags like (12 feet high x 6feet across) of our cereals to "co-packers".... it was a big secret who was getting them but stands to reason that some store brands were actually Kellogg's in disguise. Further stands to reason that many other name brand companies do this.....
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:05 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:10 am

Arrival in the greatest country on earth.
Did both events not happen in the same year, or did you move somewhere else first?
Germany first for 7 years ... then the promised land
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:21 pm PB is on thing where I stick with name brand..... Skippy, Jif or Peter Pan.... in that order...... I have never really found a generic that I like as much...... though I am sure those three brands make some of them....

When I was at Kellogg's we used to ship out big bags like (12 feet high x 6feet across) of our cereals to "co-packers".... it was a big secret who was getting them but stands to reason that some store brands were actually Kellogg's in disguise. Further stands to reason that many other name brand companies do this.....
Along these same lines, there used to be a big Del Monte canning plant in downstate Illinois in a town we used to visit on occasion because a buddy's parents lived out there and they had a fun annual fair called the Sweetcorn Festival. Typical small town stuff, but fun. Every so often the Del Monte plant would open its doors for tours and one year we got the golden ticket so we took the tour. On the shipping dock there were dozens of pallets of canned corn, beans, carrots, etc. Most pallets' cans had the Del Monte label, but in another part of the dock there were pallets with cans with Walmart labels, others with Aldi labels, etc. It's all the same shit with different labels. Most likely exactly the same with Aldi PB.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:27 pm
wap wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:05 pm
Did both events not happen in the same year, or did you move somewhere else first?
:word:
Where in Germany?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:40 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:27 pm

:word:
Where in Germany?
Hannover mostly.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Irish wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:21 pm PB is on thing where I stick with name brand..... Skippy, Jif or Peter Pan.... in that order...... I have never really found a generic that I like as much...... though I am sure those three brands make some of them....

Kirkland brand natty pb is solid.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

17 minutes into my morning cardio and I’m already dripping sweat hard :sweaty:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

My :haus: sellers have a solid offer in on another :haus: but that seller will need to find a :haus: too. Waiting to hear some good news that my sellers offer is accepted and then under contract.
This is getting complicated. :lol:
max225

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:26 am My :haus: sellers have a solid offer in on another :haus: but that seller will need to find a :haus: too. Waiting to hear some good news that my sellers offer is accepted and then under contract.
Jesus... best of luck. Is there a contingency in place for your current contract?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:26 am My :haus: sellers have a solid offer in on another :haus: but that seller will need to find a :haus: too. Waiting to hear some good news that my sellers offer is accepted and then under contract.
This happened to us on the selling side selling our last house. The buyers needed to sell their house first. Then the people buying their house had to sell theirs first. It all worked out, but it made me nervous.

Our realtor told us the worst she's had on a deal is 5 deep, and it still managed to come through.

It's interesting to me that this is happening on the buying side. People are listing their homes without something else picked out first? Risky AF IMO, and the definition of inflation. Selling your house for more just to pay more for the next house really isn't getting you any further ahead.

:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:28 am
Jesus... best of luck. Is there a contingency in place for your current contract?
We’re contingent upon our sellers going under contract.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:37 am
This happened to us on the selling side selling our last house. The buyers needed to sell their house first. Then the people buying their house had to sell theirs first. It all worked out, but it made me nervous.

Our realtor told us the worst she's had on a deal is 5 deep, and it still managed to come through.

It's interesting to me that this is happening on the buying side. People are listing their homes without something else picked out first? Risky AF IMO, and the definition of inflation. Selling your house for more just to pay more for the next house really isn't getting you any further ahead.

Easier to buy a bigger house when you are under contract for a set amount already, I guess? I mean, that makes sense to me so they can say they have $100k down or whatever for the new place.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:47 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:37 am

Easier to buy a bigger house when you are under contract for a set amount already, I guess? I mean, that makes sense to me so they can say they have $100k down or whatever for the new place.
You know better than anyone that the buyer's market is jacked right now. Just interesting that people would be willing to list their house with the likelihood of being forced to buy whatever they can get. Desperate buying isn't the way to go if you can avoid it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Though, I guess with the contingencies they can just bail on the sale without losing anything if they can't find something else. That's the shitty part.
max225

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:46 am
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:28 am

Straight up human centipede shit. Hang it in there I hope it all works out.
max225

So quick fun house story... My buddy left cali in search of GREENER PASTURES. Over in Colorado... yesterday he finally closed on a house.

Ended up in a bidding war... sellers are only taking cash offers PERIOD.
House was listed at 1,099 he is buying it "all cash" for 1.3M for COLORADO! :wtf: granted house is big... but that's pretty much cali pricing at this point. Also he naturally doesn't have 1.3M in CASH but is borrowing from everyone he knows in some bizarre manner. I am assuming he will refi/get mortgage as soon as he closes. Ironically he sold his current condo for 900k in "OVERPRICED" cali.

That said.. :wtf: who has enough income for a 7 figure house in Colorado of all places. That means both parties must make at least 300k a year combined.
Last edited by max225 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:54 am

:lolol: :amazing:
Apex

Yep, I’m just doing my best to not worry and think about the positive.
Apex

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:57 am So quick fun house story... My buddy left cali in search of GREENER PASTURES. Over in Colorado... yesterday he finally closed on a house.

House was listed at 1,099 he is buying it "all cash" for 1.3M for COLORADO! :wtf: granted house is big... but that's pretty much cali pricing at this point. Also he naturally doesn't have 1.3M in CASH but is borrowing from everyone he knows in some bizarre manner. I am assuming he will refi/get mortgage as soon as he closes. Ironically he sold his current condo for 900k in "OVERPRICED" cali.

That said.. :wtf: who has enough income for a 7 figure house in Colorado of all places. That means both parties must make at least 300k a year combined.
He’ll mortgage the :haus: after closing to pay everyone off. It’s what I’d do at least. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:57 am So quick fun house story... My buddy left cali in search of GREENER PASTURES. Over in Colorado... yesterday he finally closed on a house.

I love Colorado. It might be my favorite state in the union. but the COL there has gone stupid, and the population has grown so much that you really can't enjoy the benefits of living there. It's the same reason I left CA.

But if choosing between CO and CA for the same price, it's CA all day to me.

A lot of people are buying houses banking on remote income forever. I suspect they're in for a rude awakening, which might actually be what pops the current real estate bubble in a lot of areas. We moved to BFE and budgeted assuming I'd have to get local work eventually, which is pretty much just service or retail. Fine. But a $1.3M mortgage in BFE Colorado? Screwed.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

This is stressful! Fingers crossed for you :mahman: This triple contingency thing is :wtf:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:57 am

Honestly, I think you'll be just fine. I wouldn't worry much about it, these people wouldn't list their houses if they weren't serious about finding another.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:12 pm

I love Colorado. It might be my favorite state in the union. but the COL there has gone stupid, and the population has grown so much that you really can't enjoy the benefits of living there. It's the same reason I left CA.

A lot of people are buying houses banking on remote income forever. I suspect they're in for a rude awakening, which might actually be what pops the current real estate bubble in a lot of areas. We moved to BFE and budgeted assuming I'd have to get local work eventually, which is pretty much just service or retail. Fine. But a $1.3M mortgage in BFE Colorado? Screwed.
When he started looking (last summer) it was around 700-800k so he was excited to save some cash... ended up spending almost double, because prices went :fullretard: kind of insane as to what's happening as of late. But somehow it's all gravy... I swear if we start bailing these retards out again like in 2008 I am going to pop a gasket.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:12 pm

Colorado is pretty... but meh, I would go CA all day over it. Denver kind of sucks and that is the only place there are all that many jobs. Sure, if you could live in Boulder or Fort Collins or something, that would be sweet, but I'm sure it's crazy pricey and less money making opportunity. May as well live in the land of beaches, mountains, perfect weather, and high paying tech jobs if you're going to pay seven figures.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:13 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:57 am

Honestly, I think you'll be just fine. I wouldn't worry much about it, these people wouldn't list their houses if they weren't serious about finding another.
I’m trying to not worry, hopefully we don’t get too deep because I want my house. :lol:
It’ll all work out!

In other news I found a Super C for under $40k last night.. Gasser so I’m sure it gets like 4mpg. :lolol: