OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:03 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:45 am 160+ acres went up in flames here in NJ yesterday.

Holy shit, I didn't even hear about that.

It's dry and windy AF in NJ right now.
I can't recall the last time there was a wild fire in Michigan. I tend to assume NJ has a similar climate, so I'm pretty :mindblown: by this.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:11 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:03 pm

Holy shit, I didn't even hear about that.

It's dry and windy AF in NJ right now.
I can't recall the last time there was a wild fire in Michigan. I tend to assume NJ has a similar climate, so I'm pretty :mindblown: by this.
Yeah, Jersey is def not really known for wild fires...factory explosions but not wild fires.....
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:09 pm
wap wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:13 pm :nice: little :haus: , :mahtroy:
:dat:

Looks like a super neat place. Everything you need, nothing you don't.
Except for a three car garage with a lift.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:28 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:18 pm

Plenty of room in the garage to do bike stuff, :doe:
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:09 pm :dat:

Looks like a super neat place. Everything you need, nothing you don't.
A second toilet is the real missing ingredient, but that's cheaper than a garage.

I don't know when I'll even own another car. We'll have our own parking lot though, ideally not covered by a pile of mulch...

ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:20 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
A second toilet is the real missing ingredient, but that's cheaper than a garage.

I don't know when I'll even own another car. We'll have our own parking lot though, ideally not covered by a pile of mulch...

Toilets add ridiculous value to a house, especially if it only has one to begin with.

For just the two of you :whocares: but if the house layout can accommodate an extra half bath at least, it would be a worthwhile investment.
Irish

I love the way that the vegetation is so much better established on the Gulf Coast versus the Atlantic Coast..... Overall the towns seem so much older and it feels very different..... If I were to ever move back I would definitely want to be on that side of the state
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:20 pm
Desertbreh wrote:

By my count there are about 9 spaces other than the garage? :notbad: Might want to start your own :dillerman:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Irish wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:28 pm I love the way that the vegetation is so much better established on the Gulf Coast versus the Atlantic Coast..... Overall the towns seem so much older and it feels very different..... If I were to ever move back I would definitely want to be on that side of the state
There's no comparison. My mom is in Daytona and every time I visit I wish she was on the gulf side.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:20 pm
Irish wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:28 pm I love the way that the vegetation is so much better established on the Gulf Coast versus the Atlantic Coast..... Overall the towns seem so much older and it feels very different..... If I were to ever move back I would definitely want to be on that side of the state
There's no comparison. My mom is in Daytona and every time I visit I wish she was on the gulf side.
Interesting. I would have guessed the opposite what else do you have on this topic?
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

In Florida, Gulf coast is best coast.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:28 pm In Florida, Gulf coast is best coast.
Other than the vegetation point, go on.
Irish

For one thing Palm trees and a lot of the ornamental/landscaping vegetation are not indigenous to Florida. The east coast is lousy with this stuff because of all the newer housing developments. The different types of trees and bushes on the Gulf coast seem so much more "real" and expected.

The gulf coast was settled much earlier so the towns are more established and the architecture is nicer. Historically, vacationing U.S. East Coasters gravitated to the East Coast of Florida while Midwesterners hit the Gulf Coast. The East coast is more energetic and urban feeling and the west coast has a slower more laid back, rural feel.

At least in South Florida I found this to be the case... I am sure there are exceptions......Florida is deceptively longer than it appears, at least to me..... When we moved in to Fla we flew when we left we drove. I was very surprised that it took us almost 7 hours to get to the Florida Georgia Line

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:37 pm For one thing Palm trees and a lot of the ornamental/landscaping vegetation are not indigenous to Florida. The east coast is lousy with this stuff because of all the newer housing developments. The different types of trees and bushes on the Gulf coast seem so much more "real" and expected.

The gulf coast was settled much earlier so the towns are more established and the architecture is nicer. Historically, vacationing U.S. East Coasters gravitated to the East Coast of Florida while Midwesterners hit the Gulf Coast. The East coast is more energetic and urban feeling and the west coast has a slower more laid back, rural feel.
Gotcha. My only brushes with Florida were 1 spring break in Fort Walton Beach and a flight to Berlin out of the Jacksonville airport.
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:49 pm
Irish wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:37 pm For one thing Palm trees and a lot of the ornamental/landscaping vegetation are not indigenous to Florida. The east coast is lousy with this stuff because of all the newer housing developments. The different types of trees and bushes on the Gulf coast seem so much more "real" and expected.

Gotcha. My only brushes with Florida were 1 spring break in Fort Walton Beach and a flight to Berlin out of the Jacksonville airport.
Its an acquired taste.... but South Florida feels very different from the north..... both in climate and overall impression...... where we were (even 10 miles inland from West Palm Beach) still felt a lot like being on a Caribbean island.... as it is considered truly tropical in climate... Having only ever been Orlando before looking into moving, I can say that Mouse town definitely doesn't do any of the rest of the state justice....
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:20 pm A second toilet is the real missing ingredient, but that's cheaper than a garage.

By my count there are about 9 spaces other than the garage? :notbad: Might want to start your own :dillerman:
The property is already zoned for mixed-use. Dunno what, if anything, we'll do with that freedom but it's nice to have it. Maybe get a liquor license and have small daytime concerts on the deck. :tubeman: isn't my style. Maybe just rent out the parking spaces...
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:23 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:20 pm

Interesting. I would have guessed the opposite what else do you have on this topic?
The water in the gulf is easily 10+ degrees warmer all year than the Atlantic, which makes the beaches much more appealing to me and the beaches are why you move to a coast. The water in Clearwater Beach for example ranges from around 65 in the middle of winter to 85 in late summer. Daytona, Ormond, and New Smryna are definitely nice due to their size don't get me wrong, but there's nothing attractive about the ocean that far north in the state to me.
troyguitar

CaleDeRoo wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:23 pm

The water in the gulf is easily 10+ degrees warmer all year than the Atlantic, which makes the beaches much more appealing to me and the beaches are why you move to a coast. The water in Clearwater Beach for example ranges from around 65 in the middle of winter to 85 in late summer. Daytona, Ormond, and New Smryna are definitely nice due to their size don't get me wrong, but there's nothing attractive about the ocean that far north in the state to me.
You're missing the other half of the gulf vs Atlantic question: The sun rises on the beach in the Atlantic. Who the fuck wakes up that early?

Gulf side gets sunset on the beach... which is when normal people are actually awake.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:10 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote:
You're missing the other half of the gulf vs Atlantic question: The sun rises on the beach in the Atlantic. Who the fuck wakes up that early?

Gulf side gets sunset on the beach... which is when normal people are actually awake.
I didn't think about that since I've never been on the gulf side that late. When are you expected to move do you think?
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:29 pm
wap wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:28 pm In Florida, Gulf coast is best coast.
Other than the vegetation point, go on.
Irish and Cale answered better than I could, but what I was going to say is that the beaches are nicer on the Gulf coast, softer sand, warmer water, the Gulf is generally calmer than the Atlantic, etc.

Plus, Tarpon Springs is on the Gulf Coast. :megusta:

:lol:
wap

At least in South Florida I found this to be the case... I am sure there are exceptions......Florida is deceptively longer than it appears, at least to me..... When we moved in to Fla we flew when we left we drove. I was very surprised that it took us almost 7 hours to get to the Florida Georgia Line

St Augustine, :doe: ?
troyguitar

CaleDeRoo wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:10 pm You're missing the other half of the gulf vs Atlantic question: The sun rises on the beach in the Atlantic. Who the fuck wakes up that early?

I didn't think about that since I've never been on the gulf side that late. When are you expected to move do you think?
Closing is 4/16 if this actually happens.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:19 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote:
Closing is 4/16 if this actually happens.
We might cross paths then while moving. I had a rental application accepted outside of Charlotte but I'm waiting to hear back on a couple other houses before signing the papers.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:10 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote:

:notbad:
Good point.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:02 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:10 pm You're missing the other half of the gulf vs Atlantic question: The sun rises on the beach in the Atlantic. Who the fuck wakes up that early?

:notbad:
Good point.
Excellent point.

We're on the east bay of grand traverse bay, and I've caught sunrise...once. Will be rare. At least we have decent sunsets on the horizon because of our elevation, but nothing beats sun over the water.