Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:43 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:36 pm

Hell yeah.

I wanted to go grab her some today once she said she was open to it, but surprisingly there are no dispensaries here in Lancaster or Palmdale. Wonder if there are city ordinances holding them back for now.
I’ll be in San Diego in about a week could get you something ...
I’ll be heading back down there tomorrow night, but thank you! Gonna spend the week down there and then come back up next Friday. All my sister’s are flying in and we’re gonna surprise Mama Sawce for Mother’s Day weekend.

Bummed I’ll miss you in SD. How long you there for? I’ll be up here Friday-Sunday morning and then back home in SD around 11am or so Sunday morning.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:45 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:43 pm

I’ll be in San Diego in about a week could get you something ...
I’ll be heading back down there tomorrow night, but thank you! Gonna spend the week down there and then come back up next Friday. All my sister’s are flying in and we’re gonna surprise Mama Sawce for Mother’s Day weekend.

Bummed I’ll miss you in SD. How long you there for? I’ll be up here Friday-Sunday morning and then back home in SD around 11am or so Sunday morning.
I think I’ll be there Sunday-tues morning (next week)
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:57 am So quick fun house story... My buddy left cali in search of GREENER PASTURES. Over in Colorado... yesterday he finally closed on a house.

Ended up in a bidding war... sellers are only taking cash offers PERIOD.
House was listed at 1,099 he is buying it "all cash" for 1.3M for COLORADO! :wtf: granted house is big... but that's pretty much cali pricing at this point. Also he naturally doesn't have 1.3M in CASH but is borrowing from everyone he knows in some bizarre manner. I am assuming he will refi/get mortgage as soon as he closes. Ironically he sold his current condo for 900k in "OVERPRICED" cali.

That said.. :wtf: who has enough income for a 7 figure house in Colorado of all places. That means both parties must make at least 300k a year combined.
The tech industry is booming out in Colorado. Comcast has a few sites out there, and those are some of the most entitled people I have ever dealt with. Employees with 6-figure salaries bitching because the free fruit in the pantry isn't certified organic type shit. From speaking with some co-workers out that way, people from California and New York have been moving in and causing the cost of living to skyrocket because they have the pockets to bid shit up. Before the current insanity, I was told that what the Californians were doing was buying a small house, demolishing it, and then plopping a California-esque mansion down that took up the whole plot. So, you'll drive through a neighborhood and see something plucked out of Beverly Hills and wedged between your standard middle class homes. It has generated quite a bit of resentment from the locals towards "the ousiders."

I would recommend your friend ditch his CA plates pronto. I had a rental car with CA plates out there once, and people were being downright dicks to me on the road.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:21 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:45 pm

I think I’ll be there Sunday-tues morning (next week)
Oh sweet! Maybe we can meet up Sunday or Monday evening depending on your guys’ schedule.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Melon wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:35 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:11 am

For a $500 down payment, with $27 a week and 3%, have youself a clapped out vehicle. From Melon Autos down in Trenton, New Jersey.
Swamp ass Motors. Louisiana's finest.
A gator in every glovebox.
The best diller in the Bayou.

Although Trenton is actually a :mahtroy: hood close to [user not found] where me and :narc: cruised through
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:45 pm
Melon wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:35 pm

Swamp ass Motors. Louisiana's finest.
A gator in every glovebox.

Although Trenton is actually a :mahtroy: hood close to [user not found] where me and :narc: cruised through
That’s where my Toyota store sat... right on the outskirts, but we called it Princeton 😂
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:32 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:17 pm For sure. Hopefully she actually takes them when I bring them up. I’ll see if I can’t find a something with like a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio for her too to keep the THC levels down.
The thing is, THC helps with appetite, which you want. I think 1:1 with small doses to start would be a good idea. Maybe take them with her so she's more comfortable knowing you're in it with her? I always make it a point to join first timers as I've found it tends to make them more comfortable. I take the same dose too, which is usually too weak for me, but it reinforces that I'm in it with them and puts them at ease. :iono:

And honestly, if she gets a LITTLE high, I'd be surprised if she got upset. She'll be more relaxed than anything. She's just concerned of the unknown, and that's a valid concern with first time cannabis users. Someone experienced to help with dosing is critical for a good experience IMO.
Funny enough even the 5 mg “micro doses” hit me pretty hard in edibles, and I partake in either edibles or vaping 1-2X per week on average. Everyone has a different tolerance so I definitely agree with you.

It’s too bad he can’t partake with Mama Sawce but in think the idea of breaking them into smaller pieces to start he mentioned is smart.

I hope it helps her!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huckleberry wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:13 am
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:57 am So quick fun house story... My buddy left cali in search of GREENER PASTURES. Over in Colorado... yesterday he finally closed on a house.

Ended up in a bidding war... sellers are only taking cash offers PERIOD.
House was listed at 1,099 he is buying it "all cash" for 1.3M for COLORADO! :wtf: granted house is big... but that's pretty much cali pricing at this point. Also he naturally doesn't have 1.3M in CASH but is borrowing from everyone he knows in some bizarre manner. I am assuming he will refi/get mortgage as soon as he closes. Ironically he sold his current condo for 900k in "OVERPRICED" cali.

That said.. :wtf: who has enough income for a 7 figure house in Colorado of all places. That means both parties must make at least 300k a year combined.
The tech industry is booming out in Colorado. Comcast has a few sites out there, and those are some of the most entitled people I have ever dealt with. Employees with 6-figure salaries bitching because the free fruit in the pantry isn't certified organic type shit. From speaking with some co-workers out that way, people from California and New York have been moving in and causing the cost of living to skyrocket because they have the pockets to bid shit up. Before the current insanity, I was told that what the Californians were doing was buying a small house, demolishing it, and then plopping a California-esque mansion down that took up the whole plot. So, you'll drive through a neighborhood and see something plucked out of Beverly Hills and wedged between your standard middle class homes. It has generated quite a bit of resentment from the locals towards "the ousiders."

I would recommend your friend ditch his CA plates pronto. I had a rental car with CA plates out there once, and people were being downright dicks to me on the road.
This is rampant in Charlotte in older, closer in areas as well. My neighborhood is 4 miles from the center of the city, so it’s popular for location, but the houses are old so they’re all pretty small, 1k-1.5k square feet. Many people are buying homes here and in similar neighborhoods from like $400-800k and doing full tear downs/mansion builds. It is an odd sight to see.

Most people here come from the northeast though.

Denver is indeed next level crazy though, and seems to have taken on a lot of California’s problems like rampant homeless and seven figure house prices. I just don’t think Denver is worth it. Yes, the mountains in Colorado are awesome, but Denver isn’t in the mountains and is a pretty meh city IMO. At least San Francisco is beautiful and has epic weather, may as well live there or on the coast in SoCal if you have that kind of money.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:26 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:45 pm

That’s where my Toyota store sat... right on the outskirts, but we called it Princeton 😂
Sounds prestigious! :zing:
Me and :narc: were 2 white privilege looking brehs at a shell with our egg's after the last pdrbq, lets just say I'm glad it did not happen during the BLM protests.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

In :whocares: news, I just (most likely) finished my bachelor's degree :fuckyeah:
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

RLWake wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:52 pm In :whocares: news, I just (most likely) finished my bachelor's degree :fuckyeah:
congrats dude! :fuckyeah: indeed
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

RLWake wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:52 pm In :whocares: news, I just (most likely) finished my bachelor's degree :fuckyeah:
:nice:
:wat: is your degree in?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:fuckyeah: Congrats!

What's your degree in?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Firm offer for gov DoD job came through on Friday. Will be submitting pirate letter today. I feel a little bad, they put a May 10 start date.. I requested to start a week or pay period later so I could give my current gig adequate notice, but they said they couldn’t change it because my start date was already tied to a bunch of other stuff like getting my cards to access the base. Kinda shitty, but oh well.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:41 am Firm offer for gov DoD job came through on Friday. Will be submitting pirate letter today. I feel a little bad, they put a May 10 start date.. I requested to start a week or pay period later so I could give my current gig adequate notice, but they said they couldn’t change it because my start date was already tied to a bunch of other stuff like getting my cards to access the base. Kinda shitty, but oh well.
Oh well. Gotta look out for #1 first and foremost.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:41 am Firm offer for gov DoD job came through on Friday. Will be submitting pirate letter today. I feel a little bad, they put a May 10 start date.. I requested to start a week or pay period later so I could give my current gig adequate notice, but they said they couldn’t change it because my start date was already tied to a bunch of other stuff like getting my cards to access the base. Kinda shitty, but oh well.
Congrats! Sounds like a stressful convo awaits you this morning, good luck mang.
SAWCE

Tarspin wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:53 am
Congrats! Sounds like a stressful convo awaits you this morning, good luck mang.
Thanks! Turns out my supervisor is out, so I’ll tell my manager instead. I actually prefer that as he’s more logical and less emotional. Still a shitty conversation to have, but better this way for sure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Dang, pretty dick move on the gov side... obvisously two weeks is standard across, well, everything. It seems like they've been sitting on this for months with their thumbs up their asses and now are putting you and your employer in a rough spot because of it.

:ohwell: , not much you can do. Congrats, dude! This has been a long time coming!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:nice: man! Congrats! What are your plans moving forward?
SAWCE

Pirate letter submitted.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:08 am
Dang, pretty dick move on the gov side... obvisously two weeks is standard across, well, everything. It seems like they've been sitting on this for months with their thumbs up their asses and now are putting you and your employer in a rough spot because of it.

:ohwell: , not much you can do. Congrats, dude! This has been a long time coming!
Yeah.. it’s frustrating for me because in all of our prior communications they’d emphasized that everything at that point was just preliminary and not to terminate my employment until I had the firm offer. So now I get the firm offer, remind them that they’d told me not to say anything yet and ask for two weeks, and she goes “you can submit your two week’s notice today”.. um, no, I can’t because it’s Friday April 30th, and you want me to start Monday May 10.. that isn’t two weeks.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:25 am Pirate letter submitted.
:popcorn:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Well, did home owner :pinshit: cuck things all day yesterday.

We bought 30 bags of mulch ($1.98 at Walmart!), $250 of plants, and redid a bunch of shit in our front yard. Planted shrubs, moved several plants, spread all of the mulch, even relocated about 20 wheel barrow loads of dirt from the front to the back "natural area".

:disgust:
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

D Griff wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:04 pm Well, did home owner :pinshit: cuck things all day yesterday.

We bought 30 bags of mulch ($1.98 at Walmart!), $250 of plants, and redid a bunch of shit in our front yard. Planted shrubs, moved several plants, spread all of the mulch, even relocated about 20 wheel barrow loads of dirt from the front to the back "natural area".

:disgust:
Pics?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Beep Beep hauling 1500 pounds of payload plus two people:

We need to extend the grass up to this mulch line still:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk