Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:31 pm
wap wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:13 pm

:nice:

As I'm sure you know, when a contractor quotes concrete work, they have a buy a minimum amount, like at least one truck's worth, which means you buy a truck's worth, so them doing other smaller jobs with it is :fuckyeah: , but you did already pay for the materials, and the labor to pour a slab or whatever is not massive.

Just sayin'...
Yep, and I believe this is how she negotiated it in. Still, no additional labor charge is :impressive:
Oh for sure! Nice work on Infamous's part.

Unfortunately, while my :tits: is also really good at dealing with shit - she has a very strong :howdareu: gene - and can argue exquisitely with anyone, being an Ivy-League trained lawyer, she HATES dealing with any shit like that. I have to call the utility company when something goes wrong. I have to deal with any contractor shit, from finding who to call, to getting quotes, to paying them, to dealing with any fuckups along the way. She's so much better equipped to do this than I am, I just don't have the argumentative demeanor it requires, but I have to suck it up and :dealwithit: :ohwell:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:33 pm
wap wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:31 pm

:notwrong: there at all, :mahman:

I definitely have not learned it 100% either. Especially when she spouts some random :bs: about something I clearly know a lot more about than her, like cars, or :haus: shit, etc.
I think most doods just work around it by turning on the :filter:. If you weren't really paying attention to what she said, who cares if it's right or wrong?
Yeah. Sometimes easier said than done, :doe:
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:36 pm
wap wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:33 pm

:lolol:
Likely because dudes are just more......rational? :iono: :lol:
:zing:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

HerrBerlin wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:17 pm Reading your experiences make me happy I'm :gay:

My relationship seems to have much less BS involved. :lol:
I've thought this many times, but man...I know many :gay: dudes that LOVE drama and create it whenever possible.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:31 pm

:notwrong: there at all, :mahman:

I definitely have not learned it 100% either. Especially when she spouts some random :bs: about something I clearly know a lot more about than her, like cars, or :haus: shit, etc.
I think most doods just work around it by turning on the :filter:. If you weren't really paying attention to what she said, who cares if it's right or wrong?
I also do this frequently.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:37 pm
Yep, and I believe this is how she negotiated it in. Still, no additional labor charge is :impressive:

Unfortunately, while my :tits: is also really good at dealing with shit - she has a very strong :howdareu: gene - and can argue exquisitely with anyone, being an Ivy-League trained lawyer, she HATES dealing with any shit like that. I have to call the utility company when something goes wrong. I have to deal with any contractor shit, from finding who to call, to getting quotes, to paying them, to dealing with any fuckups along the way. She's so much better equipped to do this than I am, I just don't have the argumentative demeanor it requires, but I have to suck it up and :dealwithit: :ohwell:
Wow, that's...weird. My wife loves dealing with stuff.

She's also unemployed by choice and our agreement is she takes care of all things house related. Cleaning, cooking, maintenance, everything. I love it.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:56 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:45 pm

IIRC That's what he said!

Another CSB of what would today likely be considered abuse but back then was a Tuesday.

We didn't do a lot of shopping as a family when I was a kid but one time we were in some department store and I think we were with another family or my grandparents or something, Well, I decided that I was gonna throw some form of temper tantrum. To get me to calm down my Dad asked me if I wanted to go to the candy machine..... I shut right up and nodded furiously "Yeah, yeah Dad I want to go to the Candy machine".... so he took my hand and off we went...but alas, we ended up in the men's room where he gave me a good old spanking, right and proper .......

From that point forward if ever I started to act put in public...all he had to do was ask me if I wanted to go to the candy machine.....
My dad laid a hand on me three times and I deserved it every single one of them.
I can only think of one other time that he laid into me and that was when I was a teenager and I definitely had that one coming.... I am actually a bit surprised it wasnt worse than it was......

For the record I do not feel abused in the least..... and frankly My Mom (saint that she was) doled out way more corporal punishment than my dad ever did......and every single lickin' was deserved....
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

wap wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:33 pm

Likely because dudes are just more......rational? :iono: :lol:

Great clip.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:49 pm
HerrBerlin wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:17 pm Reading your experiences make me happy I'm :gay:

I've thought this many times, but man...I know many :gay: dudes that LOVE drama and create it whenever possible.
Yeah, that's true. Fortunately neither of us are like that.
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:16 pm
wap wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:07 pm

This is a TOUGH, but massively important, lesson to learn.
I still can't learn it 100% of the time, There are simply times in which I refuse to indulge you in being flagrantly, science fiction level :wrong:. We're not talking about "is it mauve or purple."..........IDGAF about that.
But when you are telling me, in essence that the earth is flat, I can't quite STFU all the time, to my detriment of course.
Me neither...If I could I wouldn't have had to hang the sign ..... I don't lay down if she is blatantly :wrong: ....... but I do tend to make stupid OCD type comments that get me into hot water...and the sign got us through a few rough patches during Armageddon....
Irish

HerrBerlin wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:10 pm

Great clip.
:dat: I loved that scene then and now....
Irish

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:02 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:51 pm

My honey has developed this charming little quirk as well......

It came to head a few times during lock down but ultimately I usually decide that I'd rather be happy than right....

For a while I had this little print out taped to my desk

:mahtroy:

Call me a cuck or whatever shit, but honestly I'd rather be happy than right too. We're not talking about major things, just stupid :bs: that in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter. It's easier to just let things go.

There's benefits to this though...she ALWAYS gets her way when talking to customer service peeps or contractors or whatever. It's :impressive: what she can make people do.

Example:
We live in an earth berm house, so the roof on the lower level is concrete with dirt on top. We got an insane rain last fall and got some water in the house. I looked at the plans, determined a drain or something is clogged and I'd address it in the spring. Spring is here, and I have ZERO desire to work to fix it. We talked about it and have the money to pay someone to fix it, so I told her to get some quotes. This was yesterday morning.

She got a guy out to quote the job yesterday at 1pm, quote came back higher than we wanted, so she somehow got him down into our budget and today there was a group of Mexicans digging out our roof for replacement. They're even going to pour a stamped and stained concrete patio on top so we never have to deal with it again, somehow all within budget. It should be done by the end of next week because lumber prices have halted a lot of construction work, except our project that requires zero wood.

When she wants something, she makes it happen NOW. It's :impressive:
Your wife and my wife should get together and go bowling..... they are def cut from the same cloth......

She is why we got a $50K basement reno done for $25K...... but she is also the reason why the quality of the work isnt quite where I would like it.... .... She is about getting stuff done but not necessarily about doing it right....
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:53 pm

Wow, that's...weird. My wife loves dealing with stuff.

She's also unemployed by choice and our agreement is she takes care of all things house related. Cleaning, cooking, maintenance, everything. I love it.
:notbad:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Irish wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:51 pm

My honey has developed this charming little quirk as well......

It came to head a few times during lock down but ultimately I usually decide that I'd rather be happy than right....

For a while I had this little print out taped to my desk

Call me a cuck or whatever shit, but honestly I'd rather be happy than right too. We're not talking about major things, just stupid :bs: that in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter. It's easier to just let things go.

There's benefits to this though...she ALWAYS gets her way when talking to customer service peeps or contractors or whatever. It's :impressive: what she can make people do.

Example:
We live in an earth berm house, so the roof on the lower level is concrete with dirt on top. We got an insane rain last fall and got some water in the house. I looked at the plans, determined a drain or something is clogged and I'd address it in the spring. Spring is here, and I have ZERO desire to work to fix it. We talked about it and have the money to pay someone to fix it, so I told her to get some quotes. This was yesterday morning.

She got a guy out to quote the job yesterday at 1pm, quote came back higher than we wanted, so she somehow got him down into our budget and today there was a group of Mexicans digging out our roof for replacement. They're even going to pour a stamped and stained concrete patio on top so we never have to deal with it again, somehow all within budget. It should be done by the end of next week because lumber prices have halted a lot of construction work, except our project that requires zero wood.

Don’t take this the wrong way... but that’s kind of... hot. :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:word:

It's funny because I'm in sales and there's some negotiating involved in my day job, but I just have zero interest in engaging in it personally. :tits: would just do nothing and pay the price, not shop around, just kind of go with the path of least resistance, so we often do that. Neither of us really has the drive to :dealwithit: . My :scrooge: does sometimes kick in, but :ohwell:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

This is sexist and certainly not always true... but in general I think men are just a bit more level headed than women. I suspect that is why you avoid some of the :bs:

:iono:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:51 pm

Sometimes when I know the discussion will end in :triggered: / butt hurt on either/both sides, I try to just :stfu: , listen passively, nod, etc. Unfortunately this strategy doesn't really work, she gets all :triggered: by lack of response as well :lolol: It doesn't help that I am normally a bit over chatty, so the difference is stark.
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:15 pm

Example:

Your wife and my wife should get together and go bowling..... they are def cut from the same cloth......

She is why we got a $50K basement reno done for $25K...... but she is also the reason why the quality of the work isnt quite where I would like it.... .... She is about getting stuff done but not necessarily about doing it right....
Wow, certainly cut from the same cloth. Especially the last part. I'd be critical if she didn't handle everything.

:aintcare:
ChrisoftheNorth

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:54 pm

Example:

Don’t take this the wrong way... but that’s kind of... hot. :notbad:
Oh, no wrong way, I agree!
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:22 am

:word:

It's funny because I'm in sales and there's some negotiating involved in my day job, but I just have zero interest in engaging in it personally. :tits: would just do nothing and pay the price, not shop around, just kind of go with the path of least resistance, so we often do that. Neither of us really has the drive to :dealwithit: . My :scrooge: does sometimes kick in, but :ohwell:
She'll get recommendations from others then call out those people for quotes, then beats them up on the price and if they get down to where she/we want, she books them. Admittedly, we should get more quotes to compare, but if it's a good person/company that has done work in our area offering the service for what we want to pay, there really isn't much losing.
ChrisoftheNorth

Her go to line...she did this yesterday to pave our driveway.

Quote was $12k.

Guy asks :tits: what she thinks and she says...

"I've got a few more quotes coming, really trying to keep the job under $10k."

Guy says he'll do it for 9.5 and tits agrees, which is what she wanted all along. She didn't have anyone else lined up to quote even.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:28 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:51 pm
Sometimes when I know the discussion will end in :triggered: / butt hurt on either/both sides, I try to just :stfu: , listen passively, nod, etc. Unfortunately this strategy doesn't really work, she gets all :triggered: by lack of response as well :lolol: It doesn't help that I am normally a bit over chatty, so the difference is stark.
This sounds very familiar.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:00 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:57 pm

Your neighborhood looks like a car dealership.
I'm making mine look like a 'buy here, pay here's lot. :lol:

For a $500 down payment, with $27 a week and 3%, have youself a clapped out vehicle. From Melon Autos down in Trenton, New Jersey.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Right now, Bulgaria is open without any quarantine except from India, Brazil and South Africa. But because of the lockdown and currently in the process of Bulgarian citizenship, me and my family may be eligible (waiting for it :popcorn: ) to get a permission paper so we can smoothly go through checkpoints into the Bulgarian border, which is a 3 hour drive and another hour to a nice chill black sea shore town called Burgas. Fingers crossed. This also means we have no problem going into Greece as well. We just need a negative test.

Also, bunch of :waxer: have raised hell to the government office for the alcohol ban and the gov. also realized the decline of taxpayer money (alcohol has additional tax here) and they realized it was the alcohol ban :lolol: so they lifted the ban.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Came up to see my parents last night. Really tough seeing my mom and how much weight she’s lost. Appetite still isn’t back at all, but she’s only been off chemo for a week or two at this point. Hopefully she can start eating more soon. Still in a fair amount of pain, but she was happy to see me. Working remotely up here for a few hours while she has some appointments, then I’ll just spend the rest of today and tomorrow hanging with her.