Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:53 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:09 am

As someone who has worked at home for the past 2 years before covid (last several months of which being a hybrid, which is ideal imo), it gets old quickly and especially since I have TV, xbox and so on, I do tend to get sidetracked. One best thing imo is more flexibility to travel which we both love. In an office, I atleast get some discipline which makes me even more productive. Even if I have alternatives to work in coffee shops (something you can't do in NoVa right now), I still have to pay for covfefe (neighborhood of 4-6$) cause I'm not a dick, I think it's a matter of respect since you're essentially soliciting the space. At that point, you're paying atleast $25 per week on weekdays alone.

Even in my most uneventful days, I still go out to get covfefe or bubble tea, or go to the gym/drive/run (especially what im doing on lockdown weekends that we have now)
:dat:

My ideal setup is like 33/33/34 home/office/travel, which should be attainable in this position post COVID. I mean, I have loved the flexibility/chillness of WFH but I'm also certainly bored. I used to do the cofvefe shops more at my old company/job but now that I am on the phone pretty constantly, I can't :doit: much now. I sort of feel like a :dedong: if I'm chatting on the phone for hours in an SBux or similar.

I do enjoy setting up the outdoor desk on my patio :doe:
I usually use my headphones, if I'm expecting some calls, I typically just walk outside (as long as its not windy nor a loud background noise) which I also pick places accordingly. I also not a fan of starbucks, theres one in old town fairfax that 2 floors, the baristas won't even notice when I walk in and not get covfefe, has a nice quiet spot for a phone call.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:30 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:09 am

As someone who has worked at home for the past 2 years before covid (last several months of which being a hybrid, which is ideal imo), it gets old quickly and especially since I have TV, xbox and so on, I do tend to get sidetracked. One best thing imo is more flexibility to travel which we both love. In an office, I atleast get some discipline which makes me even more productive. Even if I have alternatives to work in coffee shops (something you can't do in NoVa right now), I still have to pay for covfefe (neighborhood of 4-6$) cause I'm not a dick, I think it's a matter of respect since you're essentially soliciting the space. At that point, you're paying atleast $25 per week on weekdays alone.

Even in my most uneventful days, I still go out to get covfefe or bubble tea, or go to the gym/drive/run (especially what im doing on lockdown weekends that we have now)
:word:

I do enjoy taking a break for 30min to an hour mid day to do housework, it helps refresh my mind for more work.

I do leave the house for groceries, but I kinda have everything I need here. Gym, garage, office.
I wouldn't mind going back to the office, the computers and network are much better, but commuting sucks.
Trust me, I was always consumed with 20+ miles one way commute. One thing I love about the last location of the office is I can walk a few blocks that has 15 joints, which I loved. Another thing, once or twice a week I get stuck with night meetings where I end up leaving around 8:30-9, which means no traffic and cruise on the highway (except for meet nights, I tend to drive a teeny bit faster to make it).

I started listening to podcasts in fall of 2019, those really make the commute way more bearable.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:05 pm
If our boat had thru hull exhaust, I'd probably cam it just for the brub. :megusta:

The fucker is so quiet, I think that's my only :| point. I want dem V8 brubs, but wife loves how "relaxing" it is. At least it's fast.
That is what "Captain's Call" is all about. It is NPP for your boat. Your wife gets to relax and you get to be a meathead with the flick of a switch.
Yea, but I imagine it's significant effort routing new exhaust through the hull or out the top somehow. Can't imagine it's a worthwhile use of time when I could be out on the water instead.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:47 pm

That is what "Captain's Call" is all about. It is NPP for your boat. Your wife gets to relax and you get to be a meathead with the flick of a switch.
Yea, but I imagine it's significant effort routing new exhaust through the hull or out the top somehow. Can't imagine it's a worthwhile use of time when I could be out on the water instead.
FWIW it's not like long tube headers on a Corvette...........ZOMG unleash the power. It just makes noise. You're better off putting in an amp and cranking the lake tunes.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Soundacktor through the stereo FTW

FWIW failure through the hull exhaust is what caused my Chappie's watery death ..... :cry:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

A hole saw and some tubing... :hue:
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:53 pm
FWIW it's not like long tube headers on a Corvette...........ZOMG unleash the power. It just makes noise. You're better off putting in an amp and cranking the lake tunes.
Yep, I'm thinking a silly loud stereo might be a better use of time. Needs bluetooth headunit at a minimum.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:06 pm
A hole saw and some tubing... :hue:
It is just a Gayliner after all...
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:59 pm Soundacktor through the stereo FTW

FWIW failure through the hull exhaust is what caused my Chappie's watery death ..... :cry:
:ohdang: :pouroneout:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:53 pm FWIW it's not like long tube headers on a Corvette...........ZOMG unleash the power. It just makes noise. You're better off putting in an amp and cranking the lake tunes.
Yep, I'm thinking a silly loud stereo might be a better use of time. Needs bluetooth headunit at a minimum.
If you can't play Dio at 120 dB then you don't have a boat.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:19 pm
Melon wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:30 am

:word:

I do enjoy taking a break for 30min to an hour mid day to do housework, it helps refresh my mind for more work.

I do leave the house for groceries, but I kinda have everything I need here. Gym, garage, office.
I wouldn't mind going back to the office, the computers and network are much better, but commuting sucks.
Trust me, I was always consumed with 20+ miles one way commute. One thing I love about the last location of the office is I can walk a few blocks that has 15 joints, which I loved. Another thing, once or twice a week I get stuck with night meetings where I end up leaving around 8:30-9, which means no traffic and cruise on the highway (except for meet nights, I tend to drive a teeny bit faster to make it).

I started listening to podcasts in fall of 2019, those really make the commute way more bearable.
Commutes and long drives.
Podcasts FTW.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Melon wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:12 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:19 pm

Commutes and long drives.
Podcasts FTW.
My commute to work is only 12 minutes so it’s hard to listen to a podcast for such a short period of time. But road trips, absolutely. A little hard to hear everything when I’m in the fiata but I try!

Do we have a thread for podcasts?
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Could not find a podcast thread so I created one
troyguitar

Tonight's dinner was long overdue.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:47 pm Tonight's dinner was long overdue.

:jelly: :megusta: Good call on the beverage.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I had Jet's for the first time last fall visiting friends in Michigan. It's :notbad: for chain pizza.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:47 pm Tonight's dinner was long overdue.

This better be 7.99 or less for both
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:03 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:01 pm

decent! basement all to myself, but low ceiling so I have to do seated press and lat pulldown. I got a t2 rack from titan with the lat pulldown attachment. my back is getting stronger and filling out now that I can do more than like 2 pullups to train!
:massles:
trying, definitely feeling more useful these days in the strength dept.

how.is house hunt going my.dude
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:05 am
Apex wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:03 pm

:massles:

:nice:

Should be under contract, after a round of fuckery last week, now! We are contingent upon them going under contract on a new place but I’m hopeful/cautiously optimistic.

I need to find what kind of mower to use for a half acre lot. :lol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:13 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:05 am

Should be under contract, after a round of fuckery last week, now! We are contingent upon them going under contract on a new place but I’m hopeful/cautiously optimistic.

I have.75 and you need something that you can sit on.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:15 am
Apex wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:13 am

Yeah, don’t think I can get away with a walk-behind... then the question is do I get a tractor and add a plow/snow blower to that for the winter or a zero turn and a separate snowblower.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:57 am

How’s the home gym setup at the new place?
decent! basement all to myself, but low ceiling so I have to do seated press and lat pulldown. I got a t2 rack from titan with the lat pulldown attachment. my back is getting stronger and filling out now that I can do more than like 2 pullups to train!
:fuckyeah:
troyguitar

Plow >> blower if your property is laid out such that you can use one. Much faster and less messy in the inevitable wind.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:19 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:15 am

Yeah, don’t think I can get away with a walk-behind... then the question is do I get a tractor and add a plow/snow blower to that for the winter or a zero turn and a separate snowblower.
I grew up in a house that had a half acre lawn, we just had a basic push mower that my dad made me use. I HATED IT and swore if I ever had that much lawn, I'd get something to ride on.

A multi-use lawn tractor might be a good way to go. Mower deck for the summer, plow for the winter, and the tractor can be used for other landscaping activities as needed.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:35 am Plow >> blower if your property is laid out such that you can use one. Much faster and less messy in the inevitable wind.
The driveway has a decent slope going uphill to leave, but should be alright with a strong enough tractor and some wheel weights. Otherwise there’s ample space to plow snow.