OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:51 pm Stoked for my Cancun trip in July. Gonna be nice just relaxing at the all-inclusive.
:nice:
Always wanted to do an all-inclusive. Kind of like a stationary cruise I guess. :lol:

i actually won a 4 day trip to an all-inclusive in the Bahamas a couple of years ago from my work, but had to cancel because of my stupid heart surgery. :(

Gotta see if I can reschedule that for some time later this year... :hubba:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:51 pm Stoked for my Cancun trip in July. Gonna be nice just relaxing at the all-inclusive.
Which hotel are you staying?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:52 pm
Always wanted to do an all-inclusive. Kind of like a stationary cruise I guess. :lol:

i actually won a 4 day trip to an all-inclusive in the Bahamas a couple of years ago from my work, but had to cancel because of my stupid heart surgery. :(

I remember you talking about that. Shitty timing. Hope you can reschedule.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:12 pm Man, our house is going to be 400 miles from Key West. That's an easy long weekend drive... Guess I know what we're doing in the summer.
Pro tips, the drive to the keys (once you pass Miami) is nicer than the Keys themselves.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:55 pm
Sun Palace. Looks nice, has a gym, and one of the selling points for us is it’s 21+ so no children splashing around in the pool while we’re trying to chill.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:15 pm

Sun Palace. Looks nice, has a gym, and one of the selling points for us is it’s 21+ so no children splashing around in the pool while we’re trying to chill.
Cancun is :nice: I miss it :sad: . I also would definitely recommend Tulum on top of that if you're interested to see some ancient ruins and such as well.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:14 pm
wap wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:52 pm

I remember you talking about that. Shitty timing. Hope you can reschedule.
:word:
If our business continues to improve this year, and if covid is firmly in our rear view, I might bring it up again to bossbro. :yikes:
wap

:dat: is so important. :megusta:
SAWCE

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:18 pm

Cancun is :nice: I miss it :sad: . I also would definitely recommend Tulum on top of that if you're interested to see some ancient ruins and such as well.
Yeah we’re debating if we want to rent a car for a day and drive down there. If we do, I’ll also be hitting the Tulum Jungle Gym.. big outdoor gym set in the jungle out there. Would be sick to lift at and get a few pictures.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:25 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:18 pm

Yeah we’re debating if we want to rent a car for a day and drive down there. If we do, I’ll also be hitting the Tulum Jungle Gym.. big outdoor gym set in the jungle out there. Would be sick to lift at and get a few pictures.
Just be careful driving around there. Not ringing a :doomed: bell or anything but try not to stand out too much, the hotel strip/resort zone is pretty safe, but going through cities is a bit more dangerous.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

razr390 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:12 pm Man, our house is going to be 400 miles from Key West. That's an easy long weekend drive... Guess I know what we're doing in the summer.
Pro tips, the drive to the keys (once you pass Miami) is nicer than the Keys themselves.
Gotta get the rental Mustang for that drive.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:34 pm

Just be careful driving around there. Not ringing a :doomed: bell or anything but try not to stand out too much, the hotel strip/resort zone is pretty safe, but going through cities is a bit more dangerous.
Yeah true. That whole area is pretty touristy, so should be generally safe, but you never know. A friend has a friend who works as a travel agent down there, so she offered to set us up with a driver that the agent knows and trusts if we do decide to leave the resort.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:dat: his hotel is in the neighborhood of where I stayed, pretty :waxer: for mexico, his route is literally 98% all highway. Driving at night was quite sketchy, unless you only go to a nice restaurant 2 miles away, I won't recommend.

Speaking of driving from my experience, their highway "merge" off ramps are weird, there's no room to get up to speed to merge, everyone stops until traffic is clear. Speed bumps are HUGE (you can definitely scrape a GTI bottom with stock suspension unless you go 2 mph) when approaching Tulum on that very highway, there's no sign for it. Cops will fly up to your ass until you move over and they'll go 100+. Don't honk when you get cut off, they do it ALL THE TIME in stop and go traffic, and yes it is normal and they can get :triggered:

For rental agencies, there is an outlet across from Westin (which practically in the same area as yours), they have Avis and 4 other agencies there. I found AVIS to be more professional than anywhere else. No need to go to the airport.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:30 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:21 pm Why the fuck does life suck so much? Done with all this bullshit. Good day sirs.
What's up dude?
:nevermind:
I interrupted epic vacation chat. I’ll see myself out.
wap

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:14 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:30 pm

What's up dude?
Stahp.
DFD OT is all about interrupting shit with other shit. Spill.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:52 pm

Yeah true. That whole area is pretty touristy, so should be generally safe, but you never know. A friend has a friend who works as a travel agent down there, so she offered to set us up with a driver that the agent knows and trusts if we do decide to leave the resort.
That is your best bet. A trusted driver/company either from travel agency’s or the hotel’s
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:36 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:02 pm Also Max look up Hilton Head Island in SC. Super nice and super chill
This was a good direction here.

Right now here is what I am thinking:
7 day total.

Option 1.

San Diego + La + Las Vegas + Grand Canyon + Death Valley = Take taco on a 3000 mile trip.

Main downsides:
Too much time in the car+ we've been to most places.

Option 2.

Charlston/Hilton head/Savannah

Upsides:
Never been, neither has she
Been on bucket list for a bit
A bit on the :scrooge: side compared to others

Main downsides:
Flight is a bit annoying as it requires layover
Is it vacationy enough?
Do they have AZNS in the south or is it trump town USA?

Option 3.

Florida of sorts, Miami + Palm beach/etc etc Anything fun to do on the west side of florida ?

Downsides:
Been multiple times... (unless we're talking non miami/keys/east shores ).
Hilton Head is majorly white, Charleston/Savannah are pretty white but slightly more cosmopolitan. They are definitely "vacationy". Weather in May will be pretty 5/7, water will be a bit chilly though.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:19 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:14 pm

Stahp.
DFD OT is all about interrupting shit with other shit. Spill.
:dat:

This is a safe space, 'pecs.
troyguitar

It's been snowing off and on all day here, I just made a cup of tea and am about to sit under a blanket and watch some Picard. Happy Spring. :disgust:

Can't wait to :gtfo:

8 more days.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:05 pm It's been snowing off and on all day here, I just made a cup of tea and am about to sit under a blanket and watch some Picard. Happy Spring. :disgust:

8 more days.
Yep near white out conditions today and the roads have a fresh layer of salt on them again.
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:07 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:05 pm It's been snowing off and on all day here, I just made a cup of tea and am about to sit under a blanket and watch some Picard. Happy Spring. :disgust:

8 more days.
Yep near white out conditions today and the roads have a fresh layer of salt on them again.
:nope:
It's April FFS!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

wap wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:24 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:07 pm

:nope:
It's April FFS!
Yeah happy to be outta here
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

troyguitar wrote:It was decided today that FL is a go. I'll be out of NY in 10 days. Here's me in 2 weeks:

Yoooo!! thats awesome man, this is good in pretty much all ways. Ive sent you my linkedin, im happy to pimp my network for your wife too. Just say the word.
troyguitar

rockchops wrote:
troyguitar wrote:It was decided today that FL is a go. I'll be out of NY in 10 days. Here's me in 2 weeks:

Yoooo!! thats awesome man, this is good in pretty much all ways. Ive sent you my linkedin, im happy to pimp my network for your wife too. Just say the word.
:word:

I appreciate the ideas from folks here and I will pass them on but it's likely going to be May before we really have time to be applying to stuff again. Gotta get into the house and all that jazz.
SAWCE

Off work today for Good Friday since we have a large catholic workforce.

Let myself hit snooze once before getting up and heading to the gym for my cardio. Came home and did 20 minutes of mobility work. Having breakfast now, then I may get back in bed for a nap. Michelle works, so will be nice to have a day just by myself to fuck off. Might take one of my meals to the beach and just go relax there for a bit.