OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Looks like my cholesterol is higher than normal for my age and whatnot. Gonna have a follow up with Dr over the phone later today... really gonna spur some exercises to do while at home instead of being a dumbass
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Maybe cut back on the quesalupas too...
I’d love a bike but it’s still hard as shit to get one
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

razr390 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:22 am Looks like my cholesterol is higher than normal for my age and whatnot. Gonna have a follow up with Dr over the phone later today... really gonna spur some exercises to do while at home instead of being a dumbass
I’ve been drinking pomegranate juice for mine and it’s helped a good amount. There is some solid research on it. Find some fresh pressed (not from concentrate) pomegranate juice at your local grocery store and drink 4-8 oz a day.

The Hawthorne and hibiscus teas I’ve been drinking help as well.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:22 am Looks like my cholesterol is higher than normal for my age and whatnot. Gonna have a follow up with Dr over the phone later today... really gonna spur some exercises to do while at home instead of being a dumbass
See what your doctor has to say.

My cholesterol was high, so my dr ran a test ran a test to see why it was high...there's two results as he described it...either your body produces too much bad stuff or your diet sucks and needs to change. My results came back that my body just produces too much bad stuff. He said I could eat dry salad for every meal and still have high cholesterol. He suggested medication to bring it down, and went on to say that by starting it young, I'll put less stress on my cardio system overall so it pays dividends as I age. ALSO, if I get it under control, there's a good chance I could stop the medication at some point and see how my body reacts.

Been on medication for a few years, numbers are good, zero side effects, so I just keep at it. I'm a strong believer in taking vitamin supplements, so I just add the pill into my cocktail NBD.

Point is, trust your dr and don't necessarily write off medication if that's the suggested path.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:15 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:44 am

Easy for you to say, at least you EXIST! I'm not even noteworthy :sad:

Truthfully, we all suffer a lot, I'm sad and scared at least once per day and I'm lucky enough to come out of this fairly unscathed. There isn't one person who hasn't been affected by the pandemic negatively, but your POV is the only thing that keeps my ship sailing right. I recommend that 'Pecs reread your advice a few times.

How to start, and I know half the shit I say falls on deaf ears because words don't usually change a person's mindset, but I'm going to share something personal; I believe that the he universe rewards us for thankfulness.... in a very big way. BE THANKFUL!

Even if it is artificial, in your head you need to say that you're thankful as many times per day as you can. List things you are thankful for, and over time it will trigger the strength that a person needs to believe it for real. For anyone in a rut, get in your car, or on your bike, and say thank you a hundred times during your commute. Think about things that are important to you while saying it.... monetarily and spiritually things will improve once a person accepts this ritual.

I'm offering 100% money back guarantee on this bitch, :doit:

But seriously, this works. I'm happy to get into other things that help me as well, but only if someone gives a shit and wants to hear about it. NOBODY has it easy, but each of us have different starting points and environmental factors.

I do a few detrimental things that work against me, but am becoming more cognizant of them and can share those too, but first I need to exist! See what I did there?
My sincerest apologies to our friendly Canadian. I wasn’t aware we needed to flaunt the fact that you’re the only :waxer: on here to have a bitchin’ investment property.

Guess we should point that out more often so the rest of the peons know whose ring to kiss the next time we see you.

I forgot our friendly neighborhood :melon: too, but he’s busy buying another link of Bavarian exceptionalism so he’s not around as often.
It's not the point, I'll see myself out. Did you get any of the other shit I shared?
razr390

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:38 am

My cholesterol was high, so my dr ran a test ran a test to see why it was high...there's two results as he described it...either your body produces too much bad stuff or your diet sucks and needs to change. My results came back that my body just produces too much bad stuff. He said I could eat dry salad for every meal and still have high cholesterol. He suggested medication to bring it down, and went on to say that by starting it young, I'll put less stress on my cardio system overall so it pays dividends as I age. ALSO, if I get it under control, there's a good chance I could stop the medication at some point and see how my body reacts.

Been on medication for a few years, numbers are good, zero side effects, so I just keep at it. I'm a strong believer in taking vitamin supplements, so I just add the pill into my cocktail NBD.

Point is, trust your dr and don't necessarily write off medication if that's the suggested path.
For sure. But I’ll admit that my diet hasn’t been great ever since :baby:

With :tits: dealing with some level of PPD, it makes cooking at home not “impossible” but just another obstacle so I sometimes grab something out/on the way home.

Convenience is a bitch. I’ve only gained 10lbs in like 1.5 years since the :baby: :doe: so it’s not all bad.

My goal is to drink more water. No mater what, that’s ground wrong. Lord knows I don’t drink enough. Then my next step is to walk more at work (at the office). Plan to do a building walk every hour or so that takes like 20 minutes and gets some exercise/steps in.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:48 am
Apex wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:15 am

My sincerest apologies to our friendly Canadian. I wasn’t aware we needed to flaunt the fact that you’re the only :waxer: on here to have a bitchin’ investment property.

Guess we should point that out more often so the rest of the peons know whose ring to kiss the next time we see you.

I forgot our friendly neighborhood :melon: too, but he’s busy buying another link of Bavarian exceptionalism so he’s not around as often.
It's not the point, I'll see myself out. Did you get any of the other shit I shared?
:nevermind:
I’ll leave, so y’all can have your awesome corner of the internet back without my mindless drivel clogging up the unicorn farts.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:06 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:48 am

:nevermind:
I’ll leave, so y’all can have your awesome corner of the internet back without my mindless drivel clogging up the unicorn farts.
Honestly, it's all good. Don't go!

I don't care about being left out of a rant... just saying that I'm a forgettable and somewhat unimportant cog... I'm good with it bro. Seriously, I'm at peace with not being the most popular or likeable person, it is my character flaw or whatever.

Still man, I think you need to realize that everyone in here is friendly, and you're well liked. You don't have to lash out at basically everyone who shares a slice of their success techniques, as people pipe up, I'm taking mental notes. It is a great way to earn wisdom beyond our years, and your experiences are equally valuable to the community.

If you're going to leave anyways, then there isn't anything that people can say to stop you. Do whatever, but I like hearing from you. Especially your experiences in the banking world, a place I'm completely untrained to participate in... hope you can appreciate your worth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:02 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:38 am

With :tits: dealing with some level of PPD, it makes cooking at home not “impossible” but just another obstacle so I sometimes grab something out/on the way home.

Convenience is a bitch. I’ve only gained 10lbs in like 1.5 years since the :baby: :doe: so it’s not all bad.

My goal is to drink more water. No mater what, that’s ground wrong. Lord knows I don’t drink enough. Then my next step is to walk more at work (at the office). Plan to do a building walk every hour or so that takes like 20 minutes and gets some exercise/steps in.
I use water drinking as an excuse to get up and walk around. Go to the bathroom and refill the water bottle after, it works great as a motivator to move. And, you can't drink too much of it, there's only benefits with hydration.

I don't know how you folks with kids do it overall. Especially when it comes to cooking dinner at home. We can barely do it when we're both working, and we have no :baby: involved. Frankly, it's :impressive: that you've managed to keep your weight gain to a minimum.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
razr390 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:02 am For sure. But I’ll admit that my diet hasn’t been great ever since :baby:

I use water drinking as an excuse to get up and walk around. Go to the bathroom and refill the water bottle after, it works great as a motivator to move. And, you can't drink too much of it, there's only benefits with hydration.

I don't know how you folks with kids do it overall. Especially when it comes to cooking dinner at home. We can barely do it when we're both working, and we have no :baby: involved. Frankly, it's :impressive: that you've managed to keep your weight gain to a minimum.
Drinking plenty of water makes you get up to take frequent piss breaks too. It's a really great habit, probably the only healthy diet-related thing that I do regularly.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:27 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:02 am

It’s definitely not easy on some aspects but rewarding and fulfilling in others. Overall, we have done pretty well all things considered given the circumstances. We weren’t a fit/workout couple beforehand so we given minimal exercise and other stuff, we are fine. :tits: wants to start walking around the trail that goes around the playground, and I’ll go with :baby: to play while she walks. It’s a win-win. Usually I have a hard time convincing her or motivating her to do anything so she agreed to that and I’m goin’ with it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Here's a literally shitty situation

Yesterday I went to flush the toilet in the lower level, and it didn't go down. I plunged, and it did nothing. I then noticed :poop: water coming up through the drain in the lower level utility room. AWESOME. Go outside to check the sewer drain cleanout, and it was full of water. Something in the septic is clogged.

We just had a bunch of trees cut down and they were working over the septic, so obviously my mind goes straight to the worst case scenario...they damaged the septic by dropping trees.

We didn't have the septic tank cleaned when we moved in because our buddy claimed he had someone come out last year and clean it. Wife calls a septic place and they tell her that was a stupid mistake. They manage to get a guy out this morning.

Dude comes out, I explain the issue and he proceeds to find the tank. He removes the lid, and tells me to come take a look. Tank is mostly full, which made :poop: clog up the pipe in the tank. He hits it with a shovel, and water/waste came rushing out. "There's your problem!" :gag: :disgust: but also :fuckyeah: nothing is broken.

He then shows me how to unblock the pipe if it happens again, which he warned it likely will because our tank is old and the design of the old ones was bad. But, overall the tank is in good condition and he shouldn't have to come out again for a few years.

:notbad:

People up here tend to be more DIY friendly than major cities. Most people I dealt with downstate would NEVER suggest I fix a problem myself, let alone SHOW ME how to fix it like this guy did.

:csb:
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:33 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:27 am

It’s definitely not easy on some aspects but rewarding and fulfilling in others. Overall, we have done pretty well all things considered given the circumstances. We weren’t a fit/workout couple beforehand so we given minimal exercise and other stuff, we are fine. :tits: wants to start walking around the trail that goes around the playground, and I’ll go with :baby: to play while she walks. It’s a win-win. Usually I have a hard time convincing her or motivating her to do anything so she agreed to that and I’m goin’ with it.
I deal with the same. Whenever she suggests doing anything resembling exercise I :fuckyeah: let's go as a motivator. My office workouts have improved my physique overall, which seems to be motivating her as well.

Motivation with :tits: is always the hard part it seems.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:16 am Got home around 7 last night. Surgery went well. All the hardware came out without issue, he performed a series of muscle, nerve and capsular releases and pulled out a bunch of scar tissue.

He was able to range me to 85 degrees pronation, up from 45. Minimal extension gains because I was most of the way there anyway already.

He said he could have gone further for the last 5% range, but it would have required tweaking multiple ligaments, tendons, a bit more muscle and risk of damage to the ulnar nerve, on top of grinding down enough bone that would have triggered the ossification issue I’ve suffered after round #1. Given there’s 12 holes to fill in, he made the choice to go to rapid aggressive PT as soon as 5 days from now to get out ahead of the stiffness and ossification kicking in.

Last time around I was immobilized for almost 4 weeks during recovery. I don’t have to worry about the integrity of the joint this time so I can get right into rehab ASAP. The risk of going further for the last 5% of range would be almost negated with the longer 2-3 weeks of immobility, so I think he made the right call.

I’ll be able to start weights in 4 weeks, and clear to push it in 6. Back on the bike at the end of May!
That's awesome dude. Long road to recovery but you're starting to cook with gas.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:37 am Here's a literally shitty situation

Yesterday I went to flush the toilet in the lower level, and it didn't go down. I plunged, and it did nothing. I then noticed :poop: water coming up through the drain in the lower level utility room. AWESOME. Go outside to check the sewer drain cleanout, and it was full of water. Something in the septic is clogged.

We just had a bunch of trees cut down and they were working over the septic, so obviously my mind goes straight to the worst case scenario...they damaged the septic by dropping trees.

We didn't have the septic tank cleaned when we moved in because our buddy claimed he had someone come out last year and clean it. Wife calls a septic place and they tell her that was a stupid mistake. They manage to get a guy out this morning.

Dude comes out, I explain the issue and he proceeds to find the tank. He removes the lid, and tells me to come take a look. Tank is mostly full, which made :poop: clog up the pipe in the tank. He hits it with a shovel, and water/waste came rushing out. "There's your problem!" :gag: :disgust: but also :fuckyeah: nothing is broken.

He then shows me how to unblock the pipe if it happens again, which he warned it likely will because our tank is old and the design of the old ones was bad. But, overall the tank is in good condition and he shouldn't have to come out again for a few years.

People up here tend to be more DIY friendly than major cities. Most people I dealt with downstate would NEVER suggest I fix a problem myself, let alone SHOW ME how to fix it like this guy did.

Total Victory.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:29 am
I’ve been drinking pomegranate juice for mine and it’s helped a good amount. There is some solid research on it. Find some fresh pressed (not from concentrate) pomegranate juice at your local grocery store and drink 4-8 oz a day.

The Hawthorne and hibiscus teas I’ve been drinking help as well.
I believe olive oil helps with cholesterol too.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:56 am

Total Victory.
I'm used to every issue being a multiple $k affair with :nuke: looming. Fixes up here have been much more simple, which makes me :notsure: about the issues I've "fixed" in the past in the city. That or people up here are used to people fixing things themselves.
wap

That must have been a relief to learn the tank wasn't borked.

Where does the :poop: water eventually go? Do you have a leaching field?
wap

Dear Pecs,

We hope you can conquer your inner :eeyore: and decide to stick around. Your contributions here are valued and insightful, and often full of :lolol: . We are all rooting for you to find a :haus: and we are all sure that one will come along eventually, just please be patient. The market is just starting up again, being springtime now. If :mahtroy: can finally find some non- :mahtroy: luck, then surely you will, too!

Also, please remember, we are all your friends and hope the best for you, despite your current :salt: posts and bad mood. We all feel that way from time to time so it's NBD.

Hope you stay and understand take our advice in the helpful, loving spirit that it's intended to be.

:wub: ,
Your weird friends of DFD
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:07 pm

MAJOR relief. I don't know much about septic systems, so I had no clue what was going to happen.

According to the plans, we have "conical dry wells", which are basically large concrete cones with the bottom open to the ground, there's a series of 3 of them. There's a ton of rock, sand, and enzymes in the bottom and the water over time just goes into the ground. According to the dude that came out today, they were common when the house was built, but the code changed 5 years after our house was built outlawing them, requiring a leaching field. Because we're basically on a sand dune, the guy said that the dry well is really fine for our situation because by the time the water reaches the ground water, it's pretty much all filtered. The reason they were outlawed was if the house is not in sand, drainage and ground water contamination can become an issue over time.

I find this more interesting than I should. Went from paying $50/mo just for the sewer in the city, to $350 every 3-5 years for septic cleaning. Dude recommended calling him out in 3 years to assess how quickly the tank fills, but after that probably not more than every 5 years. :notbad:
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:22 pm
wap wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:07 pm

MAJOR relief. I don't know much about septic systems, so I had no clue what was going to happen.

According to the plans, we have "conical dry wells", which are basically large concrete cones with the bottom open to the ground, there's a series of 3 of them. There's a ton of rock, sand, and enzymes in the bottom and the water over time just goes into the ground. According to the dude that came out today, they were common when the house was built, but the code changed 5 years after our house was built outlawing them, requiring a leaching field. Because we're basically on a sand dune, the guy said that the dry well is really fine for our situation because by the time the water reaches the ground water, it's pretty much all filtered. The reason they were outlawed was if the house is not in sand, drainage and ground water contamination can become an issue over time.

I find this more interesting than I should. Went from paying $50/mo just for the sewer in the city, to $350 every 3-5 years for septic cleaning. Dude recommended calling him out in 3 years to assess how quickly the tank fills, but after that probably not more than every 5 years. :notbad:
Fantastic outcome!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

^^^^ :dat:

What he said 'Pecs, hope things get better for you and the fam.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:44 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:13 pm
AND it's important to remember the difference between perceived happiness on the internet and ACTUAL REAL happiness IRL. Some of the most miserable people I've known are "slaying life" in most objective measures.

I could pick apart my life choices and make myself miserable if I chose to. I HATE my job/company, my income will be dwindling, my net worth pales in comparison to many, I drive a poverty truck, my wife is depressed with increasing frequency, my house needs a ridiculous amount of work, etc, etc, etc. Those are just elements of life that need to be accepted/improved/ignored, you'll never eliminate all of them. It's how you deal with them that matters, and if you're happy at your core, you will.
Easy for you to say, at least you EXIST! I'm not even noteworthy :sad:

Truthfully, we all suffer a lot, I'm sad and scared at least once per day and I'm lucky enough to come out of this fairly unscathed. There isn't one person who hasn't been affected by the pandemic negatively, but your POV is the only thing that keeps my ship sailing right. I recommend that 'Pecs reread your advice a few times.

How to start, and I know half the shit I say falls on deaf ears because words don't usually change a person's mindset, but I'm going to share something personal; I believe that the he universe rewards us for thankfulness.... in a very big way. BE THANKFUL!

Even if it is artificial, in your head you need to say that you're thankful as many times per day as you can. List things you are thankful for, and over time it will trigger the strength that a person needs to believe it for real. For anyone in a rut, get in your car, or on your bike, and say thank you a hundred times during your commute. Think about things that are important to you while saying it.... monetarily and spiritually things will improve once a person accepts this ritual.

I'm offering 100% money back guarantee on this bitch, :doit:

But seriously, this works. I'm happy to get into other things that help me as well, but only if someone gives a shit and wants to hear about it. NOBODY has it easy, but each of us have different starting points and environmental factors.

I do a few detrimental things that work against me, but am becoming more cognizant of them and can share those too, but first I need to exist! See what I did there?
This is very true and has helped me a lot. My mom wrote this book -https://smile.amazon.com/Tag-Im-Thanks- ... 036&sr=8-8

Shameless plug, but the principal is that each day, you journal briefly about three things surrounding gratitude.

When I was a kid, my mom suffered greatly from depression. She would sometimes stay in bed all day and have other major issues. She had some tough stuff growing up and married my dad who had two kids already with an alcoholic mother who later passed away when she was only 33. So things were always easy in the Griff house, I understand my mom's troubles, but I think she learned a ton and now has a successful biz as a writing coach, editor, and writer. Based on the above book and speaking to her about it, gratitude was a lot of the journey to feeling better.

There will always be those of us with more and those of us with less. Sadly life isn't fair.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

That’s awesome Griff. I’ll grab a copy at some point.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:16 am Got home around 7 last night. Surgery went well. All the hardware came out without issue, he performed a series of muscle, nerve and capsular releases and pulled out a bunch of scar tissue.

He was able to range me to 85 degrees pronation, up from 45. Minimal extension gains because I was most of the way there anyway already.

He said he could have gone further for the last 5% range, but it would have required tweaking multiple ligaments, tendons, a bit more muscle and risk of damage to the ulnar nerve, on top of grinding down enough bone that would have triggered the ossification issue I’ve suffered after round #1. Given there’s 12 holes to fill in, he made the choice to go to rapid aggressive PT as soon as 5 days from now to get out ahead of the stiffness and ossification kicking in.

Last time around I was immobilized for almost 4 weeks during recovery. I don’t have to worry about the integrity of the joint this time so I can get right into rehab ASAP. The risk of going further for the last 5% of range would be almost negated with the longer 2-3 weeks of immobility, so I think he made the right call.

I’ll be able to start weights in 4 weeks, and clear to push it in 6. Back on the bike at the end of May!
I missed this before, congrats man! That is awesome news. :excited: for you to get on your bike again.