Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:14 pm
wap wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:09 pm

Max gonna Max.

Yea, Fla rains last what, an hour or less? Then the sun comes back out. Whereas a blizzard can last many hours, or even a day or more. And you can go weeks without seeing the sun.
Not even trying to :troll: but the bean counting is getting a bit much. Arguing precipitated inches statistics versus someone that lived in South FL multiple years and gave a personal anecdote isa bit :butwhy: using that logic :225: should've never bought a house where he did and when he did if he saw yearly wildfire statistics or whatever.

Being right for the sake of being right is kinda... waste of time/energy
Cunty post of the day. You’re a dick
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:The point was about biking in the rain you cucks Imagegasm: we all understand that Florida weather is far superior to 90% of the country no one argued that.

Read the posts.
I mean I've biked in rain, sleet, snow, and crazy winds. Rain (plus hot) is the least bad of all of those. When the hurricane winds come, that will be the time to stay off the bike. Even 30 mph winds are scary. Rain? That's really not a problem if the temperature is over ~80F.

Rain and 40-50F is another story, that shit is legitimately miserable.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:20 pm
max225 wrote:The point was about biking in the rain you cucks Imagegasm: we all understand that Florida weather is far superior to 90% of the country no one argued that.

Read the posts.
I mean I've biked in rain, sleet, snow, and crazy winds. Rain (plus hot) is the least bad of all of those. When the hurricane winds come, that will be the time to stay off the bike. Even 30 mph winds are scary. Rain? That's really not a problem if the temperature is over ~80F.

10/4
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:20 pm I mean I've biked in rain, sleet, snow, and crazy winds. Rain (plus hot) is the least bad of all of those. When the hurricane winds come, that will be the time to stay off the bike. Even 30 mph winds are scary. Rain? That's really not a problem if the temperature is over ~80F.

10/4
It's also not really a "daily" in that sense. I'm not going anywhere every day nor at any particular time nor do I need to show up looking 'professional' whenever I get there. Hell I don't look professional ever anymore. I'm done with that shit.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:29 pm
max225 wrote:
10/4
It's also not really a "daily" in that sense. I'm not going anywhere every day nor at any particular time nor do I need to show up looking 'professional' whenever I get there. Hell I don't look professional ever anymore. I'm done with that shit.
Point taken. I would still recommend having some sort of enclosed vehicle but I respect the hustle to stay :scrooge:
troyguitar

We have a car :doe:

Neither of us commutes, so one car is plenty for 2 people. I'd be nervous about having zero cars, even if in theory we don't need one at all and could rent one or take bikes/uber/whatever... but sharing a cheapass car is fine.

I'm more interested in getting another bike than another car. :fullretard:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:16 pm The point was that a bicycle is not an acceptable daily means of transit in Florida. Weather it is rain/heat/mosquitos or pure distance/danger because Everyone runs you over, that’s going to get old.

That’s the point of the comment. Y’all can continue circle jerking.
I mean, he does have the wifey's car, and if the plan doesn't work then he can get a bus pass to deal with any inclement weather as it arises. Most buses have bike racks up front so he can pull off and wait for a bus. If that still doesn't work, then he'll have to look at options if/when the time comes.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:18 pm

Not even trying to :troll: but the bean counting is getting a bit much. Arguing precipitated inches statistics versus someone that lived in South FL multiple years and gave a personal anecdote isa bit :butwhy: using that logic :225: should've never bought a house where he did and when he did if he saw yearly wildfire statistics or whatever.

Dawg it ain't even like that. Just trying to not berate Troy with dumb shit during the stress of his moving.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

This all obviously goes out the window as soon as one of us ends up commuting. I'm not riding my bike home at 3AM with my guitars and amp after playing a gig, nor is the bus running at that time. I'll buy a car.
max225

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:37 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:18 pm

Dawg it ain't even like that. Just trying to not berate Troy with dumb shit during the stress of his moving.
Yes it is, don’t try and hide behinds troys move after making a dumb ass post.

You talk shit about my profession and about my decision to buy a house which I mulled over the course of 10 years. I clearly discussed the fire maps and the fact that I’m not in a fire zone. Yet you bring that shit up again in a completely irrelevant fashion.

Which I find funny considering what your state just went through. Throw rocks in glass houses much ?

You decided to make it a personal troll post.

Get off your high horse and don’t be a dick.

I was merely discussing the fact that it sucks to ride a fucking bicycle for commuting purposes.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I definitely would not commute to/from work on a bike. Mostly because of the sweat factor like Griff mentioned. I’d consider grabbing one to ride to/from the gym and use that as my warm up and cool down, but even with that I’d probably drive more often than not.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I :wub: Florida rain! It downpours like a motherfucker for an hour, and then the sun comes out and you're back at the beach and sunbathing. It's just enough time to grab some grub at Riptides, it's a great place to live low key. :jelly:
razr390

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:52 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:37 pm
Yes it is, don’t try and hide behinds troys move after making a dumb ass post.

You talk shit about my profession and about my decision to buy a house which I mulled over the course of 10 years. I clearly discussed the fire maps and the fact that I’m not in a fire zone. Yet you bring that shit up again in a completely irrelevant fashion.

Which I find funny considering what your state just went through. Throw rocks in glass houses much ?

You decided to make it a personal troll post.

Get off your high horse and don’t be a dick.

I was merely discussing the fact that it sucks to ride a fucking bicycle for commuting purposes.
:wat: shit did I talk about your profession?? Genuinely curious.

As for the rest of my post, I’m just pointing out that you tend to bring statistics in a convenient to you manner. You railing on rain inches precipitation levels is the same as someone talking about statistics from your neck of the woods.

You can count :fax: all you want but if you use them to only serve your purpose then that’s doing a disservice to the conversation.

As far as rain in Florida goes, there are a few true storm systems that come through and lay out inches at a time. Most rain in Florida is sporadic and it rains for bursts of 30 minutes and then it clears up again.

I wouldn’t bike to commute, but everyone here has different preferences/experiences/circumstances and tolerance levels. Troy may be willing to do what you aren’t and Vice Versa. No point in bonking or :deadhorse: on either side.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:26 pm Nah. You'll find one. It took us forever. Between the rona, scumbag realtors, and the sellers market, it takes a while. We looked at a ton of places.
How many places did you put offers in on?
2. Both with escalation clauses. The ones we didn't I still kept track of and saw them all go for over what we would've offered anyway.

I found a house minutes after it popped up on zillow, called my realtor to try and schedule an appointment, got one for a Saturday at 9:30. The family wanted a quick sale and they were getting the house professionally cleaned that Sunday because the kid had some kind of allergy. So we get there at 9:30 and the whole fucking street is lined with cars. Their realtor scheduled EVERYONE for a 9:30 showing. And this was during peak rona. There were like 30 people there. It's a miserable process, especially right now, but you'll find one. More will pop up the closer we get to the end of the school year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Got home around 7 last night. Surgery went well. All the hardware came out without issue, he performed a series of muscle, nerve and capsular releases and pulled out a bunch of scar tissue.

He was able to range me to 85 degrees pronation, up from 45. Minimal extension gains because I was most of the way there anyway already.

He said he could have gone further for the last 5% range, but it would have required tweaking multiple ligaments, tendons, a bit more muscle and risk of damage to the ulnar nerve, on top of grinding down enough bone that would have triggered the ossification issue I’ve suffered after round #1. Given there’s 12 holes to fill in, he made the choice to go to rapid aggressive PT as soon as 5 days from now to get out ahead of the stiffness and ossification kicking in.

Last time around I was immobilized for almost 4 weeks during recovery. I don’t have to worry about the integrity of the joint this time so I can get right into rehab ASAP. The risk of going further for the last 5% of range would be almost negated with the longer 2-3 weeks of immobility, so I think he made the right call.

I’ll be able to start weights in 4 weeks, and clear to push it in 6. Back on the bike at the end of May!
Last edited by fledonfoot on Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:16 pm The point was that a bicycle is not an acceptable daily means of transit in Florida. Weather it is rain/heat/mosquitos or pure distance/danger because Everyone runs you over, that’s going to get old.

That’s the point of the comment. Y’all can continue circle jerking.
That’s just like, your opinion man. I’ve used a bike as transportation in Miami and in Charlotte. It was fine in both places, superior to public transit in both places, but better overall in Miami. Yes, there will be days when you will want a car/choose to use your car if you have one. It’s not all black and white.

It is a perfectly acceptable means of transport that billions of people use and it’s better for one’s health, their wallet, and the planet. Like literally everything else, it’s a compromise and it’s obviously going to be less comfortable at times than going everywhere in a :truk: like every other :fatty: , but at least you can gloat and not be fat when you commute via bike.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:12 pm I definitely would not commute to/from work on a bike. Mostly because of the sweat factor like Griff mentioned. I’d consider grabbing one to ride to/from the gym and use that as my warm up and cool down, but even with that I’d probably drive more often than not.
:dat: it is very circumstantial. When I commuted to my current job by bike, there was a YMCA a mile from the office. I was a member and would lift before work regardless, so I just showered there and rode the last mile in my work clothes. Without that option it would’ve been harder.

I’m also not really one to sign on for a long ass commute either, but if you’re 60 miles from work it’s pretty tough.

Cars are a pretty big waste :doe: , so I use the bike where possible/practical and it is quite doable in many cases.

:tits: and I didn’t drive the :jeep: for an entire eight days/nights in FL last week, just biked and walked everywhere and it was nice. I don’t go to work anymore but I’ve been biking to my Covid volunteering, out to meet friends, to my parent’s and sister’s houses, etc.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

wap wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:09 pm

Max gonna Max.

Yea, Fla rains last what, an hour or less? Then the sun comes back out. Whereas a blizzard can last many hours, or even a day or more. And you can go weeks without seeing the sun.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned on this forum, it’s that actual real life experience doesn’t mean dick.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:13 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:06 pm

Your happiness is out there man.
AND it's important to remember the difference between perceived happiness on the internet and ACTUAL REAL happiness IRL. Some of the most miserable people I've known are "slaying life" in most objective measures.

I could pick apart my life choices and make myself miserable if I chose to. I HATE my job/company, my income will be dwindling, my net worth pales in comparison to many, I drive a poverty truck, my wife is depressed with increasing frequency, my house needs a ridiculous amount of work, etc, etc, etc. Those are just elements of life that need to be accepted/improved/ignored, you'll never eliminate all of them. It's how you deal with them that matters, and if you're happy at your core, you will.
Easy for you to say, at least you EXIST! I'm not even noteworthy :sad:

Truthfully, we all suffer a lot, I'm sad and scared at least once per day and I'm lucky enough to come out of this fairly unscathed. There isn't one person who hasn't been affected by the pandemic negatively, but your POV is the only thing that keeps my ship sailing right. I recommend that 'Pecs reread your advice a few times.

How to start, and I know half the shit I say falls on deaf ears because words don't usually change a person's mindset, but I'm going to share something personal; I believe that the he universe rewards us for thankfulness.... in a very big way. BE THANKFUL!

Even if it is artificial, in your head you need to say that you're thankful as many times per day as you can. List things you are thankful for, and over time it will trigger the strength that a person needs to believe it for real. For anyone in a rut, get in your car, or on your bike, and say thank you a hundred times during your commute. Think about things that are important to you while saying it.... monetarily and spiritually things will improve once a person accepts this ritual.

I'm offering 100% money back guarantee on this bitch, :doit:

But seriously, this works. I'm happy to get into other things that help me as well, but only if someone gives a shit and wants to hear about it. NOBODY has it easy, but each of us have different starting points and environmental factors.

I do a few detrimental things that work against me, but am becoming more cognizant of them and can share those too, but first I need to exist! See what I did there?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:16 am Got home around 7 last night. Surgery went well. All the hardware came out without issue, he performed a series of muscle, nerve and capsular releases and pulled out a bunch of scar tissue.

He was able to range me to 85 degrees pronation, up from 45. Minimal extension gains because I was most of the way there anyway already.

He said he could have gone further for the last 5% range, but it would have required tweaking multiple ligaments, tendons, a bit more muscle and risk of damage to the ulnar nerve, on top of grinding down enough bone that would have triggered the ossification issue I’ve suffered after round #1. Given there’s 12 holes to fill in, he made the choice to go to rapid aggressive PT as soon as 5 days from now to get out ahead of the stiffness and ossification kicking in.

Last time around I was immobilized for almost 4 weeks during recovery. I don’t have to worry about the integrity of the joint this time so I can get right into rehab ASAP. The risk of going further for the last 5% of range would be almost negated with the longer 2-3 weeks of immobility, so I think he made the right call.

I’ll be able to start weights in 4 weeks, and clear to push it in 6. Back on the bike at the end of May!
:fuckyeah:
Great news! :like: :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

4zilch wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:37 am

If there’s one thing I’ve learned on this forum, it’s that actual real life experience doesn’t mean dick.
:wrong:
troyguitar

fledonfoot wrote:Got home around 7 last night. Surgery went well. All the hardware came out without issue, he performed a series of muscle, nerve and capsular releases and pulled out a bunch of scar tissue.

:impressive:

Just in time for the weather to start getting decent.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:16 am Got home around 7 last night. Surgery went well. All the hardware came out without issue, he performed a series of muscle, nerve and capsular releases and pulled out a bunch of scar tissue.

:fuckyeah: great news man! Definitely sounds like the right decisions were made, not even sure that last 5% would have any meaningful impact.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:44 am
AND it's important to remember the difference between perceived happiness on the internet and ACTUAL REAL happiness IRL. Some of the most miserable people I've known are "slaying life" in most objective measures.

I could pick apart my life choices and make myself miserable if I chose to. I HATE my job/company, my income will be dwindling, my net worth pales in comparison to many, I drive a poverty truck, my wife is depressed with increasing frequency, my house needs a ridiculous amount of work, etc, etc, etc. Those are just elements of life that need to be accepted/improved/ignored, you'll never eliminate all of them. It's how you deal with them that matters, and if you're happy at your core, you will.

Truthfully, we all suffer a lot, I'm sad and scared at least once per day and I'm lucky enough to come out of this fairly unscathed. There isn't one person who hasn't been affected by the pandemic negatively, but your POV is the only thing that keeps my ship sailing right. I recommend that 'Pecs reread your advice a few times.

How to start, and I know half the shit I say falls on deaf ears because words don't usually change a person's mindset, but I'm going to share something personal; I believe that the he universe rewards us for thankfulness.... in a very big way. BE THANKFUL!

Even if it is artificial, in your head you need to say that you're thankful as many times per day as you can. List things you are thankful for, and over time it will trigger the strength that a person needs to believe it for real. For anyone in a rut, get in your car, or on your bike, and say thank you a hundred times during your commute. Think about things that are important to you while saying it.... monetarily and spiritually things will improve once a person accepts this ritual.

But seriously, this works. I'm happy to get into other things that help me as well, but only if someone gives a shit and wants to hear about it. NOBODY has it easy, but each of us have different starting points and environmental factors.

I do a few detrimental things that work against me, but am becoming more cognizant of them and can share those too, but first I need to exist! See what I did there?
QFT :dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:44 am

My sincerest apologies to our friendly Canadian. I wasn’t aware we needed to flaunt the fact that you’re the only :waxer: on here to have a bitchin’ investment property.

Guess we should point that out more often so the rest of the peons know whose ring to kiss the next time we see you.

I forgot our friendly neighborhood :melon: too, but he’s busy buying another link of Bavarian exceptionalism so he’s not around as often.