OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:14 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:06 pm

So what's the 411 on a bridge rental home until the madness subsides?
A storage unit and some RTTs on the Jeep’s I guess.
Buddy in Seattle is in a similar situation. They’ve been priced out on a few houses they put offers on, and their lease is up in June or July. He wrote a detailed letter to their landlord asking to go month to month, offering to pay extra, etc., while they continue their search and landlord told them you can sign for another year or you can :gtfo:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:22 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:14 pm

A storage unit and some RTTs on the Jeep’s I guess.
No, really. Pardon if I'm missed the conversation already. What is the price/point/availability of a SFR you would be content to ride out the storm in?
$2500/mo if you could find one. Then finding one that allows dogs is another hurdle to overcome.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:27 pm

No, really. Pardon if I'm missed the conversation already. What is the price/point/availability of a SFR you would be content to ride out the storm in?
$2500/mo if you could find one. Then finding one that allows dogs is another hurdle to overcome.
Might be worth adding to your search.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:35 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:32 pm I might be getting a bus pass next month, but I will probably get a $300 bicycle instead. A car is just another expense. The bus is like $80/mo so a bike is both cheaper and faster in most cases. :math:
Yea, I'm done paying big money for vehicles. There's no point, just lighting money on fire. For me, a truck is a tool that doubles as transportation. If I leave my employer, I'll go buy a $10k thing rust free from out west and drive it into the ground.
Even if we end up going back to 2 cars at some point, I don't expect to spend 5 figures on one ever again. There will be worthless ICE sedans/coupes/hatches available for at least another 20 years so :whocares:

I'd be fine with a Scion tC or whatever random thing that no one wants.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Get a therapist to certify your dogs as emotional support animals... with your feelings you lay out on here, that would be no issue. Fair housing stipulates they can’t deny or charge you extra because of ESA
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:30 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:35 pm
Yea, I'm done paying big money for vehicles. There's no point, just lighting money on fire. For me, a truck is a tool that doubles as transportation. If I leave my employer, I'll go buy a $10k thing rust free from out west and drive it into the ground.
Even if we end up going back to 2 cars at some point, I don't expect to spend 5 figures on one ever again. There will be worthless ICE sedans/coupes/hatches available for at least another 20 years so :whocares:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

:dillerman:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:38 pm

Tremendous value, but seriously...repair/maintenance costs gonna hurt eventually.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:41 pm
Tremendous value, but seriously...repair/maintenance costs gonna hurt eventually.
Troy has an awesome set of tools.
troyguitar

I'm in the :gay: neighborhood, I'm thinking more like this:

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:44 pm

That or the VW Eos
Apex

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:35 pm

Get a therapist to certify your dogs as emotional support animals... with your feelings you lay out on here, that would be no issue. Fair housing stipulates they can’t deny or charge you extra because of ESA
There is no certification process that any dog needs to be an ESA or SD. Ridgeback is a SD and the Boston is an ESA on our current lease. It’s just way fucking easier to not have to deal with attorneys and fight that fight again, for a place we don’t even want to live in.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Same. But to many, you might as well be taking the bus. Perspective.
I might be getting a bus pass next month, but I will probably get a $300 bicycle instead. A car is just another expense. The bus is like $80/mo so a bike is both cheaper and faster in most cases. :math:
Back before COVID when I first started wanting to bike everywhere to save money/pollute less, I tried public transit. It really sucks, the bike is faster, better for you, cheaper, and cooler. Only downside is being sweaty when you get somewhere/having to ride in regular clothes.

I'm sure I will be back in FL in the future, in4DFDride (of two people I guess, unless others want to come down).
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:nahtroy: gonna pull up to little Caesar’s in the benzo
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:44 pm

Rented a :manuel: one in Miami a couple of years ago... it was a pretty fun little shitbox, would hoon.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:29 pm

Might be worth adding to your search.
Yep, just keep renting forever as housing continues to skyrocket out of the reach of plebeians.
Gotta keep making other people rich!
troyguitar

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:49 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:32 pm I might be getting a bus pass next month, but I will probably get a $300 bicycle instead. A car is just another expense. The bus is like $80/mo so a bike is both cheaper and faster in most cases. :math:
Back before COVID when I first started wanting to bike everywhere to save money/pollute less, I tried public transit. It really sucks, the bike is faster, better for you, cheaper, and cooler. Only downside is being sweaty when you get somewhere/having to ride in regular clothes.

I'm sure I will be back in FL in the future, in4DFDride (of two people I guess, unless others want to come down).
:word:

My only real concern with biking in the city is the same concern I have with driving: parking is a pain. Even more of a pain in some ways with a bike since they're so easy to steal. I guess in some places you can just roll the thing inside as if it's your shopping cart :doe: - dunno, I've never had a bike in a city.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Doesn’t it piss from the sky daily in Florida ?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:53 pm

My only real concern with biking in the city is the same concern I have with driving: parking is a pain. Even more of a pain in some ways with a bike since they're so easy to steal. I guess in some places you can just roll the thing inside as if it's your shopping cart :doe: - dunno, I've never had a bike in a city.
It's a PITA because you have to carry a lock and cable around, and lock it up EVERYWHERE because it WILL be stolen if you don't lock it. That's the annoying part.

When I lived in LBC, I rode my bike EVERYWHERE. I bought a beefy lock for it and locked it everywhere. I met a Japenese student one day randomly outside the library looking really confused. He said that his bike was just gone and he couldn't figure it out. I told him someone probably stole it. He asked why someone would touch someone else's property like that. and I just :lolol: poor guy, apparently bike locks don't exist in Japan.

I ended up becoming friends with the dude for a little while, then my leechy former roommate got him evicted from his student housing and things got weird.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote:Not that anyone gives a fuck but $35k over asking doesn’t do shit.
8 other offers. House was on the market Sunday.
Crazy that the market is still :fullretard:

We had to go 25k over and it required a lot more work than we thought.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:49 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:35 pm
There is no certification process that any dog needs to be an ESA or SD. Ridgeback is a SD and the Boston is an ESA on our current lease. It’s just way fucking easier to not have to deal with attorneys and fight that fight again, for a place we don’t even want to live in.
We had a hell of a time getting a rental with a dang 16 pound :doge: :disappoint:

Fingers crossed that something works out for you man. I know it's super discouraging.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:15 pm Doesn’t it piss from the sky daily in Florida ?
Only in the summer, I was just there for 8 nights, not a drop. Lived in Miami for 5 years as well and it is generally super nice October-April, decent in May, June, September, and meh in July and August.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:53 pm

I think it's way easier. you just lock it up but that time is saved in circling the lot, finding a spot, walking, etc. You just roll right up to the front door and lock it to the nearest pole/rack.
Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:16 pm
Apex wrote:Not that anyone gives a fuck but $35k over asking doesn’t do shit.
8 other offers. House was on the market Sunday.

:jelly:

Everyone has exponentially better luck than I can ever dream of having.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:25 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:49 pm

We had a hell of a time getting a rental with a dang 16 pound :doge: :disappoint:

Fingers crossed that something works out for you man. I know it's super discouraging.
Make sure to be discouraged with a cold drink on your patio tonight. Maybe get a fire pit going if it’s cool enough.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:57 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:16 pm

:jelly:

Everyone has exponentially better luck than I can ever dream of having.
Nah. You'll find one. It took us forever. Between the rona, scumbag realtors, and the sellers market, it takes a while. We looked at a ton of places.