OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:57 pm I could nap on that couch for days
I've spent many hours napping on it. I even slept on it one night when :tits: was snoring and I didn't feel like going downstairs. It's fantastic.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:55 am I've been feeling a little doom-and-gloomish this week, but I think it's passing. :fuckyeah:

Work simmered down finally and I'm back to WFH after playing trainer Tues/Wed; staying 'on' in that role sucks. Today I'm like :aintcare:

Wife and I are considering a new sectional, this fashion retail :bs: product sucks, and we just don't feel comfortable on it anymore. I think we paid $1200-1500 for it, so we're budgeting a Made In Canada product which will likely be closer to double that cost. Couches and shoes are probably two places that we shouldn't cheap out, so I'm :excited: to see what we come across this week and next.
:fuckyeah: man, glad the doom and gloom is going away. I was pretty :eeyore: throughout January/February... a full year of COVID plus shit weather is just meh. Always good for things to look up.

We bought a sectional last year after being in our :haus: for a bit, would definitely recommend not cheaping out too much. Ours is comfy and looks pretty good but it "sheds" these little fuzzies, kind of annoying for a one year old piece, but it was like $1K. My wife likes getting new stuff often so she often buys kinda cheap shit. I am more of a buy a quality item and keep it for decades kinda guy.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I don't know where the sweet spot is on how much to spend on living room furniture but....

we spent ~ $4,500 on a Couch, a chair and an ottman/hassock a few years back for our living room and

then spent only $1500 for the same pieces for the newly renovated basement (but opted for a pull out)

the previous set does not seem to be 3x the quality.....
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:44 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:55 am I've been feeling a little doom-and-gloomish this week, but I think it's passing. :fuckyeah:

Work simmered down finally and I'm back to WFH after playing trainer Tues/Wed; staying 'on' in that role sucks. Today I'm like :aintcare:

Wife and I are considering a new sectional, this fashion retail :bs: product sucks, and we just don't feel comfortable on it anymore. I think we paid $1200-1500 for it, so we're budgeting a Made In Canada product which will likely be closer to double that cost. Couches and shoes are probably two places that we shouldn't cheap out, so I'm :excited: to see what we come across this week and next.
:fuckyeah: man, glad the doom and gloom is going away. I was pretty :eeyore: throughout January/February... a full year of COVID plus shit weather is just meh. Always good for things to look up.

We bought a sectional last year after being in our :haus: for a bit, would definitely recommend not cheaping out too much. Ours is comfy and looks pretty good but it "sheds" these little fuzzies, kind of annoying for a one year old piece, but it was like $1K. My wife likes getting new stuff often so she often buys kinda cheap shit. I am more of a buy a quality item and keep it for decades kinda guy.
There's a sweet spot between Urban Barn and Resto Hardware outlet. RH has dope stuff, but after a quick drop in on my "lunch break" I can confirm that even the sale items are more then I can afford, pal.... like 11k down to 5k... we will double down on the original 1.5k purchase for something locally made. Appt set for Monday, where we can choose our customizations. :popcorn:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

AFAIK moving to Charlotte is a done deal. Should be finalizing the lease by the end of the weekend.

Holy fuck I'm not ready :lol:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:43 pm AFAIK moving to Charlotte is a done deal. Should be finalizing the lease by the end of the weekend.

Have fun. Moving is the worst.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:47 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:43 pm AFAIK moving to Charlotte is a done deal. Should be finalizing the lease by the end of the weekend.

I have to put my two week notice in tomorrow. Then tear through my shit and toss everything that I don't 100% need.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

CaleDeRoo wrote:AFAIK moving to Charlotte is a done deal. Should be finalizing the lease by the end of the weekend.

Holy fuck I'm not ready Image
:carlton: :fuckyeah:

FUCK the North

Yankees are morans.

Sunshine and slaves > cold and :salt:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:53 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote:AFAIK moving to Charlotte is a done deal. Should be finalizing the lease by the end of the weekend.

Holy fuck I'm not ready Image
:carlton: :fuckyeah:

FUCK the North

Yankees are morans.

Sunshine and slaves > cold and :salt:
You’ll fit right in to St Pete!
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Wrapped everything up at work today, just got home from Whole Foods to stock up on a week’s worth of groceries (rare for us, because she works there our fridge is usually empty) and a fresh bottle of gin.

Covid test tomorrow morning at 10am and then it’s lockdown until Tuesday. Surgery at 2pm Tuesday and hopefully I can start to put this shit behind me.

Bought a few odds and ends for the JLUR to install and pass some time this weekend. I may pick up Chick-fil-A for breakfast in the morning on the way for my test, then it’s 4 days of boredom.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:50 pm Wrapped everything up at work today, just got home from Whole Foods to stock up on a week’s worth of groceries (rare for us, because she works there our fridge is usually empty) and a fresh bottle of gin.

Covid test tomorrow morning at 10am and then it’s lockdown until Tuesday. Surgery at 2pm Tuesday and hopefully I can start to put this shit behind me.

Bought a few odds and ends for the JLUR to install and pass some time this weekend. I may pick up Chick-fil-A for breakfast in the morning on the way for my test, then it’s 4 days of boredom.
Godspeed my friend. Good luck and keep us posted.
This'll be nothing but a memory in no time. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:11 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:50 pm

I have to put my two week notice in tomorrow. Then tear through my shit and toss everything that I don't 100% need.
...do you have a job down south? :mindblown:
Nope. Hard to get work from 700 miles away when the interview usually requires an in person skills test. I think I'll be ok, and a couple extra weeks to get my shit in order won't hurt.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:17 am Banking sector peeps:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/im-re ... al-burnout
No surprise there.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:58 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:17 am Banking sector peeps:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/im-re ... al-burnout
No surprise there.
My wife and I were conflicted about my work hours, I typically have a six day work week, and I said that unfortunately I'm not smart enough to sustain us on 'bankers hours'. Apparently, nobody works 9-5s anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:50 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:47 pm

Cleansing for a move always feels fantastic to me.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:15 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:14 am

My wife and I were conflicted about my work hours, I typically have a six day work week, and I said that unfortunately I'm not smart enough to sustain us on 'bankers hours'. Apparently, nobody works 9-5s anymore.
One of the downfalls of WFH - you're more on than off.
And to make things worse, Saturdays are on site at customer facilities and usually long days coupled with a seriously long commute to and from. So I'm out of the house from 7 am to 8 pm most weekends.

I don't know many private sector jobs that don't stretch the worker past 40 hrs, or don't encroach into weekends. Turns out the banking and tech sector are the worst though, dudes like 'Pecs doing consistent 100 hour weeks. :gag:
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:14 am

Depends. Some days my middle of the day is dead, so I can go outside for a walk or do errands or whatever for a few hours. Most of my Fridays are light. But then there's days where I take 7am meetings AND 8pm meetings, technically 13 hours.

I like the balance, but I think it's shitty that many people don't get to have this balance.
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:23 am

And to make things worse, Saturdays are on site at customer facilities and usually long days coupled with a seriously long commute to and from. So I'm out of the house from 7 am to 8 pm most weekends.

I don't know many private sector jobs that don't stretch the worker past 40 hrs, or don't encroach into weekends. Turns out the banking and tech sector are the worst though, dudes like 'Pecs doing consistent 100 hour weeks. :gag:
The dudes at places like Goldman put in seriously hours, they also get paid like it too.
There’s a reason why I’m at a regional bank and not an investment bank; they are brutal there!
I can normally have a “typical” workweek and log off. Some times, like now, when we are doing an acquisition or something we have to put in extra hours.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:31 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:23 am

The dudes at places like Goldman put in seriously hours, they also get paid like it too.
There’s a reason why I’m at a regional bank and not an investment bank; they are brutal there!
I can normally have a “typical” workweek and log off. Some times, like now, when we are doing an acquisition or something we have to put in extra hours.
:notbad: , I'm not telling my wifey that :doe: Most of the people I know well in my prospective manufacturing field work closer to 60 hrs/week then 40, and there are fewer places to work that shut down on weekends nowadays.

My biggest complaint from her is my consistent Saturday work, I try to make it up to her with a nice lunch out and keeping the house tidy during the week usually keeps spirits up. It's tough, we have a lot of bills and I just don't know how we'd make ends meet not working the 6th (and highest paid) day, aside from selling the investment property.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:25 am

Depends. Some days my middle of the day is dead, so I can go outside for a walk or do errands or whatever for a few hours. Most of my Fridays are light. But then there's days where I take 7am meetings AND 8pm meetings, technically 13 hours.

I like the balance, but I think it's shitty that many people don't get to have this balance.
:dat:

Aside periods when I'm on the road - which are generally 100% on, my days start at 7-ish and end at 4-ish. And there's time to run quick errands, pick up around the house, etc. Very rarely do I have meetings after 5 - if I do, it's because someone on Central time schedules something at 4. I do value the balance that this job affords me, and is probably the biggest factor that keeps me employed here.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:50 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:25 am

:dat:

Aside periods when I'm on the road - which are generally 100% on, my days start at 7-ish and end at 4-ish. And there's time to run quick errands, pick up around the house, etc. Very rarely do I have meetings after 5 - if I do, it's because someone on Central time schedules something at 4. I do value the balance that this job affords me, and is probably the biggest factor that keeps me employed here.
:dat: 3 to 4 days a week are WFH, and I can get a lot done or just chill out for most of that while on the clock. Productivity is the same, since any time wasted in my work day would have been squandered driving to an office and listening to people chatting about :bs: while at the office.
Apex

Mesh network peeps, how are things working out?
I may need to upgrade soon... remembered hearing about Orbi? Anything else to look into or what should I know?
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:58 am
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:53 am Mesh network peeps, how are things working out?
I may need to upgrade soon... remembered hearing about Orbi? Anything else to look into or what should I know?
No complaints here, my Orbi system is 3 years old and counting.
:like: