OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:43 am One of the weird side effects I had from COVID was elevated blood pressure and pulse. Been working to bring that down, and finally this morning I’m at a much better 146/76 with 61bpm. BP isn’t quite where I want it yet, I’d like that top number down in the 120s, but I’m still happy to see it here.
146/76 is pretty damn high and that’s when it’s “down”? How high was it before ?
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:40 am
wap wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:40 pm
I'm sure you already know this, but when I used to camp in the fall I quickly learned to sleep wearing socks and a wool hat.
Yeah last night I was in my mummy bag with warm hiking socks, hat, thermal shirt, pants, and my feet in the sleeves of my fleece. It was passable, the low was around 31F. Next time I think I’ll pony up for a hotel if it’s sub 40.
How much does the hotel cost ? I mean you’re literally homeless at the track ... seems :disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:27 pm
D Griff wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:40 am

Yeah last night I was in my mummy bag with warm hiking socks, hat, thermal shirt, pants, and my feet in the sleeves of my fleece. It was passable, the low was around 31F. Next time I think I’ll pony up for a hotel if it’s sub 40.
How much does the hotel cost ? I mean you’re literally homeless at the track ... seems :disgust:
Eh I really don’t mind the tent, it’s a place to sleep, I have an air mattress. I just hate the cold.

Tracks are typically not in desirable areas so the hotels are affordable, like $100-140/night. It is also more convenient to just be here :doe:
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:58 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:27 pm

Eh I really don’t mind the tent, it’s a place to sleep, I have an air mattress. I just hate the cold.

Tracks are typically not in desirable areas so the hotels are affordable, like $100-140/night. It is also more convenient to just be here :doe:
I mean if you’re already blowing 1k on the weekend. 100/200 to be able to brush your teeth take a shower and shit seems like basic human needs.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:00 pm
D Griff wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:58 pm

I mean if you’re already blowing 1k on the weekend. 100/200 to be able to brush your teeth take a shower and shit seems like basic human needs.
They have showers and stuff, lots of people camp, albeit most in crazy pricey toy haulers. Lots of 20s/30s dudes in the scrooge tent life though.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:04 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:00 pm

They have showers and stuff, lots of people camp, albeit most in crazy pricey toy haulers. Lots of 20s/30s dudes in the scrooge tent life though.
Wow that’s interesting we don’t have this here I don’t think.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:14 pm

Los Angeles has plenty of dudes in tent life. :lol:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:25 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:27 am Anyone in here eat bison instead of beef? My Costco has ground bison at not too much more than I’m paying for my ground sirloin beef, so thinking about subbing a pound a week or so for bison just to get whatever difference in micronutrients there are and I think theirs is grass fed and finished so probably a better omega 3:6 ratio as well.
I tried it several times. And it tastes the same to me. Try it out
Yeah I grabbed the 2.5lb $20 two-pack. Cheapest I’ve seen bison. About to cook one of the packs up.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:26 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:43 am One of the weird side effects I had from COVID was elevated blood pressure and pulse. Been working to bring that down, and finally this morning I’m at a much better 146/76 with 61bpm. BP isn’t quite where I want it yet, I’d like that top number down in the 120s, but I’m still happy to see it here.
146/76 is pretty damn high and that’s when it’s “down”? How high was it before ?
Yeah still high for sure. The first time I measured it at the end of my COVID quarantine it was 17x/9x :yikes: has slowly trended down over the 2.5 months since then.

Been drinking hibiscus tea since it’s a natural ace inhibitor, doing more cardio, and I’ve also lost ~17lbs since then. I’m sure all of them helped in bringing those numbers down.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:27 am Anyone in here eat bison instead of beef? My Costco has ground bison at not too much more than I’m paying for my ground sirloin beef, so thinking about subbing a pound a week or so for bison just to get whatever difference in micronutrients there are and I think theirs is grass fed and finished so probably a better omega 3:6 ratio as well.
I eat the shit out of costco bison. It's good.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:19 pm
I’m enjoying it right meow.

Sautéed up some bell peppers and mushrooms. Mixed that plus the bison in with my rice and threw a little bit of pineapple habanero hot :sawce: on it. Fucking tasty.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:21 pm

Sautéed up some bell peppers and mushrooms. Mixed that plus the bison in with my rice and threw a little bit of pineapple habanero hot :sawce: on it. Fucking tasty.
:like:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I would be surprised, never heard of a race track that didn’t. Camping whether poverty spec or :waxer: seems to pretty universally be part of the NASA /SCCA experience. Could be a regional thing. It’s basically a big camp ground in the paddock.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

They make battery powered heated jackets..... I would be surprised if they didnt do sleeping bags.... Still, getting out of a heated sleeping bag into a 35 deg F morning would suck donkey ballz.....
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

This sounds fantastic!

I have eaten a good handful of "exotic" meat:

Bison, lean, slightly gamey beef
Wild Boar, leaner moderately gamey pork
Kangaroo, delicious red meat sort of like the best cuts of venison
Ostrich, Red meat between venison and beef, very lean
Emu, Same as it bigger cousin above
Rattle snake, sort of like tough tilapia (its called "desert white fish" in some areas) very bland....
Alligator - sort of like pheasant or grouse with a hint of fishiness.....
SAWCE

Irish wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:06 pm

This sounds fantastic!

Rattle snake, sort of like tough tilapia (its called "desert white fish" in some areas) very bland....
I love wild boar. Our favorite restaurant out here has a wild boar burger and I get that almost every time we go. If they’re out of it I get the almost as good steak and cheese sandwich :drool:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Powerbeats Pro
yes or no?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/beats-by-d ... Id=6397383

My Shure earbuds are ok but I never found them overly comfortable if you wear them for a long time, and the cable does get annoying. Bonus with the Beats is they can be used as my teleconference headphones instead of my Plantronics bluetooth single ear thing.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:46 pm Powerbeats Pro
yes or no?

My Shure earbuds are ok but I never found them overly comfortable if you wear them for a long time, and the cable does get annoying. Bonus with the Beats is they can be used as my teleconference headphones instead of my Plantronics bluetooth single ear thing.
Wifey has them and uses them daily in and out of the cooler at work. They get 6 hours of use a day and hold up well. More secure fitting than AirPods. She loves them.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:06 pm

This sounds fantastic!

:notbad:
I've had:
bison burgers. :muah:
Wild boar in a Polish dish that translates as "hunter's stew". Also :muah:
Elk, like venison
Reindeer, like venison
alligator jerky, spicy meh
Ostrich, almost too lean

Kangaroo sounds like something I'd like to try
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:55 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:41 pm

Absolutely agree, there's a reason why you have a small as kitchen even though you're paying at least $2,000 for it (ie. NY, DC, pay area, etc.). I remember in sociology is you pay more for a way smaller place, but it's built like that for a purpose so you can get out and enjoy your :waxer: ramen bars and vegan spots.

I can totally relate growing up in Istanbul, before we moved to the US, we lived in a 2 bedroom apartment that was probably 700 sq feet, which is not cheap to say the very least. Tiny kitchen, shared bathroom and it takes about 15 mins to walk to the city center, which would be hell to quarantine or even own a car unless you're willing to pay assload of money for a parking garage. Then we moved to the continental asian part where it is less cramped, switched to a 3 bedroom apartment that's around 1,400 sq feet (where I am right now), huge living room compared to the last apt, got our own parking lot for the building so we never worried about coming home in certain time like in a night out just to end up searching for a spot for good 30 mins (and people tell me why dc parking is not that much of an issue for me). I coped with lockdowns just fine as long as I have my essentials.

A bunch of my friends here have summer homes as well, including the islands in the south of the city (myself and grandparents included) that would go there for a retreat. Now with the corona and wfm, fewer of my friends and their parents (some of which are retired) rarely go into the city or once a week, etc.
Are your parents over there at the moment as well? Sounds like a :notbad: setup, particularly the islands homes :waxer:
yeah im basically with them at this bound. They had plans to restore the :haus: way before the pandemic is in the picture and now this is the opportunity that we take advantage of. It's literally like no other in accessibility to the summer place, You only need a 30 min boat ride to get there off the coast. The :haus: is literally 12 mins by car from the port.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:21 pm

Los Angeles has plenty of dudes in tent life. :lol:
I watched a video where there is a block of RV's parked next to each others for 10 years now and have essentially became neighbors. Also there are a few sleeping pods built inside houses (Im talking ones you see on tokyo drift), one bedroom has about 10 pods consisting with 2 stories. They probably pay $500-600 a month IIRC. I'll link it up later today.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Irish wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:52 pm They make battery powered heated jackets..... I would be surprised if they didnt do sleeping bags.... Still, getting out of a heated sleeping bag into a 35 deg F morning would suck donkey ballz.....
I have done it many times in my life, coldest night I ever camped was 8F. I have also camped in a snow storm... But I really don't want to do that anymore, I am done with it permanently. I legitimately enjoy camping and tent life, but 40-75F overnight temps are required for it to be pleasant.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:13 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:55 pm

Are your parents over there at the moment as well? Sounds like a :notbad: setup, particularly the islands homes :waxer:
yeah im basically with them at this bound. They had plans to restore the :haus: way before the pandemic is in the picture and now this is the opportunity that we take advantage of. It's literally like no other in accessibility to the summer place, You only need a 30 min boat ride to get there off the coast. The :haus: is literally 12 mins by car from the port.
:jelly:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:46 pm Powerbeats Pro
yes or no?

I haven't heard these but I'd be curious to hear your impressions if you get them. I suspect that the Shure stuff sounds better, these may be more comfy and convenient :doe: , and I'm sure still sound just fine.

I have yet to find any 'True Wireless' headphones that I find satisfactory. My wife has Airpods and they are shit (fall out constantly, often times operate at totally different volumes from one another for no reason, have issues charging, already had one replaced under warranty because it died, don't sound that good). I tried out some cheapo Amazon ones and they were shit (similar problems to the airpods but I'd rate them higher as at least they were like 1/4 the price).

I won these at work https://www.amazon.com/T5-II-True-Wirel ... 7010&psc=1 They are certainly much better than the aforementioned but they tend to fall out of my ears. You can put on little nubs to hold them in, but because they're removable, they slide off. I will say, one of the times they fell out, one landed in a hot cup of coffee and was just fine, so that is somewhat of an endorsement :lolol: They sound pretty good and I would like them a lot if they would just stay in. All in all pretty cool for free, :notsure: they're worth $150.

It looks like the Beats address a lot of these issues, so they are probably worth a shot, especially given Fled's endorsement.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Woke up to 45 degree temps and sun. Working today is quite hard.

Hope everyone had a :fuckyeah: weekend!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.