OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Oh, and one more thing...a 15 year makes more sense if you're not going to stay in the house long. You pay less interest, so if you sell within 5 years or so, you're better off with the 15.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:35 am Oh, and one more thing...a 15 year makes more sense if you're not going to stay in the house long. You pay less interest, so if you sell within 5 years or so, you're better off with the 15.
That was a big part of this... we are probably on a 3-5 year plan on this house, this will put us much further ahead if we leave. If we stay, great, I could be mortgage free before turning 50.

To Rudy's point re: the commission, we could do this with just base salaries. The other thing is, it helps reign in :tits: spending as the extra couple hundred we will now pay monthly can't just be wasted on questionable (to me) purchases :lolol:

Maybe it will keep my :plac: at bay as well :scrooge:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:28 am Some meetings about operations. Our SVP of operations called every Texas operations team member (property management/facilities/security) yesterday to see how we are doing, what we’d need, etc.

Had a great phone call with him. Earlier today I got called by our security VP who told me based on his conversation with the SVP, he (SVP) hand picked me to assist him and VP on some operational risk projects, based off my past work/performance but also highlighted by my convo with him yesterday.

I joked with my VP “this is a nice way of saying I’m getting a lot more responsibility with nothing much more benefit” to which we both :lolol: and then I told him I’d love it. I love doing more analytical type projects and this will help me stay busy.
:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:27 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:28 am Some meetings about operations. Our SVP of operations called every Texas operations team member (property management/facilities/security) yesterday to see how we are doing, what we’d need, etc.

Had a great phone call with him. Earlier today I got called by our security VP who told me based on his conversation with the SVP, he (SVP) hand picked me to assist him and VP on some operational risk projects, based off my past work/performance but also highlighted by my convo with him yesterday.

I joked with my VP “this is a nice way of saying I’m getting a lot more responsibility with nothing much more benefit” to which we both :lolol: and then I told him I’d love it. I love doing more analytical type projects and this will help me stay busy.
:dat:

VP and I are real close. Most of our team is. I had thanksgiving at his house with a bunch of his former/current FBI buddies one year. He’s a great dude
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:29 pm
wap wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:27 pm

VP and I are real close. Most of our team is. I had thanksgiving at his house with a bunch of his former/current FBI buddies one year. He’s a great dude
:nice:

Future :waxer: at :triggered: Fed.
razr390

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:43 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:29 pm

Why :triggered: Fed?

:lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Snowing again... it’s so pretty
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:48 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:43 pm

You don't remember the great :poorvette: loan crisis of :melon: circa 2015?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:14 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:48 pm

I still have $5 open in that account, I never closed it.
I still get mail from them for loan offers, got one for a home finance offer.

I toss them with great prejudice to this day.
Fuck them.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Finally thawed out here, was icy Monday-Wednesday.
No ill affects, never lost power, and dripped a faucet, zero water issues.

I feel for my Texan neighbors, y'all got fucked.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Melon wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:14 pm

Fuck them.
My dad got burned by BofA way back in the 70s when he was a single dad (they were US bank of NC back then or some such). To this day he leaves an open account with the 1970s minimum (probably like a dollar) in it as he hopes there is overhead that costs them money :lolol:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I just don't want to deal with 40 phone calls, 22 faxes, 17 emails, and 300 hours of bullshit to get that $5 out and close the account.
I realize I was probably just dealing with a few bad apples, or maybe the department has changed management, but fuck me.

On the opposite side of the coin.
I applied for a loan from Lighstream, and within 12 hours I had BMW monies in my account.
razr390

Only 0.78% of customers with outages in our county (6,676 out of 852,960) fuck yes!
wap

razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:22 pm Only 0.78% of customers with outages in our county (6,676 out of 852,960) fuck yes!
Think you Texans will allow your grid to be regulated now?
:hue:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Pretty bad when the Louisiana boy looks at Texas and thinks "Get your shit together."
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Melon wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:47 pm On the opposite side of the coin.
I applied for a loan from Lighstream, and within 12 hours I had BMW monies in my account.
Nice. I've been curious about how easy Lightstream is to deal with.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:40 pm
Melon wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Fuck them.
My dad got burned by BofA way back in the 70s when he was a single dad (they were US bank of NC back then or some such). To this day he leaves an open account with the 1970s minimum (probably like a dollar) in it as he hopes there is overhead that costs them money :lolol:
BoA can eat the entire bag of dicks. They burned me back in 07-08 with a credit card. They had the option to pay online, but then would have the due date fall on a Sunday. So, if you paid on Saturday, they wouldn't process the transaction until Monday and would hit you with a late fee. When I called them, they even acknowledged that the payment was made the day before the due date, but said it was still late because they didn't process it on their end until after the due date. I closed the account and never looked back.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:46 am

BoA can eat the entire bag of dicks. They burned me back in 07-08 with a credit card. They had the option to pay online, but then would have the due date fall on a Sunday. So, if you paid on Saturday, they wouldn't process the transaction until Monday and would hit you with a late fee. When I called them, they even acknowledged that the payment was made the day before the due date, but said it was still late because they didn't process it on their end until after the due date. I closed the account and never looked back.
These are the scars that will never heal.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:46 am

They suck. I used to bank with them. When I started college at U Miami I couldn't afford to take my car, so I started with BofA as I could walk to the ATM and branch. I tried to stick with them when I moved back to Charlotte, as they are headquartered here in my own hometown. I just couldn't :doe: , they kept sneaking in more fees and reducing the service level. I now use NBKC which is obscure but has worked out great.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Leaving work a little early today. Gonna go hit the gym and chill a bit before heading up the mountain to big bear for broboarding tomorrow. Pretty stoked.

Will be interesting seeing how it feels out on my board. I’m far heavier than I ever have been when snowboarding before.
razr390

Gonna pass by the work site today. Everything is melting and society is beginning to heal.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:31 pm Gonna pass by the work site today. Everything is melting and society is beginning to heal.
Take the Weber out of the living room!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

been working and in 5 hrs of meetings since 7 am this morning... so much for "no meeting friday"
Last edited by max225 on Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wap

:disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:12 pm been working and in 5 hrs of meetings in 7 am this morning... so much for "no meeting friday"
Today has been :disgust: here as well... All of my clients all of the sudden need help with system designs and I'm struggling to figure out a way to make hardware I have to sell work for what they're doing... major brain overload and I just want to :gtfo: