OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:37 pm Hey hey whats up guys.

So quick follow up about my Forester, wasnt sure if i wanted to keep it or return. They gave me the option to extend it another 6 months. Which is what I went with.
Woah you got a forester too? What year/model?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:20 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:14 pm My wife doesn't do the Tik Tok thing fortunately (a lot of her friends seem to be obsessed with it ( :wtf: these are 30-40 y.o. women). She does however, scroll through those stupid "reels" on Instagram every night lying in bed. I feel like I just get dumber with each minute of it :disgust: :wtf: :wap:
Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not cave into tiktok. I have told myself that, but what do you know? I caved in. That thing is like drugs, you'd literally spend hours on there. Reels is like the light version of tiktok, not as trashy content wise, but a waste of time. Main reason why I placed tiktok on the last page of my phone, along with dating sites
I have zero interest/temptation to do so :lolol:

DFD is the only social media thing I do, I have Instagram and Facebook but spend less than 5 minutes/week looking at the two of them combined. It just does nothing for me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:37 pm Hey hey whats up guys.

So quick follow up about my Forester, wasnt sure if i wanted to keep it or return. They gave me the option to extend it another 6 months. Which is what I went with.
Same monthly payment? Does that drop down the buy out cost at the end?

It may be worth seeing what other :dillerman: will give you on trade. I’ve never leased but it seems like you will be forced into buying it due to being so far over on the miles. Any interest in other cars? You may be able to find a :dill: on something new.

If you like the Subaru I’d just marry it.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Good morning everyone! Looks like our county went from about 35% of outages about 12 hrs ago to 1.3% as of this hour! :fuckyeah:

State-wide outages went from about 3-4 million to around 570k. Most of the northern counties as well as the higher population/density counties around the state are doing fine re: outage %. This is really good news. We are going to get rain/snow/ice later today, basically for 8-10 hours, but it looks like it'll be "after sunrise" which means the snow might start melting upon falling, so it should not affect things as much. Starting tomorrow, the highs will be in the 40's, 50's on Saturday, and 60+ on days after that.

I am just happy to see those numbers go down. We never lost power, but I can't imagine people trying to keep warm for days over days in 45-50 degree homes.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:29 am Good morning everyone! Looks like our county went from about 35% of outages about 12 hrs ago to 1.3% as of this hour! :fuckyeah:

State-wide outages went from about 3-4 million to around 570k. Most of the northern counties as well as the higher population/density counties around the state are doing fine re: outage %. This is really good news. We are going to get rain/snow/ice later today, basically for 8-10 hours, but it looks like it'll be "after sunrise" which means the snow might start melting upon falling, so it should not affect things as much. Starting tomorrow, the highs will be in the 40's, 50's on Saturday, and 60+ on days after that.

I am just happy to see those numbers go down. We never lost power, but I can't imagine people trying to keep warm for days over days in 45-50 degree homes.
:nice: glad it’s improving man! My direct report has the Texas territory and it’s been interesting talking to her, crazy times and the biz is slow.

We have ice coming in here today. I just walked the :doge: in freezing rain. :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Another sunny morning in Northern MI! No snow/rain/ice on the horizon, mid 20's temp and should be above freezing next week.

I'm shocked how mild it's been up here compared to the rest of the country.

Driving downstate this afternoon, got an igloo reserved at my favorite restaurant in our old area tonight, looking forward to that.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:14 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:20 pm

Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not cave into tiktok. I have told myself that, but what do you know? I caved in. That thing is like drugs, you'd literally spend hours on there. Reels is like the light version of tiktok, not as trashy content wise, but a waste of time. Main reason why I placed tiktok on the last page of my phone, along with dating sites
I have zero interest/temptation to do so :lolol:

DFD is the only social media thing I do, I have Instagram and Facebook but spend less than 5 minutes/week looking at the two of them combined. It just does nothing for me.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:29 am Good morning everyone! Looks like our county went from about 35% of outages about 12 hrs ago to 1.3% as of this hour! :fuckyeah:

That is really good news. Not having heat when temps plummet is legit dangerous, and scary to hear about happening on a widespread basis.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Morning folks! It’s gonna be snowing all day here, so it’s a WFH day.
razr390

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:52 am Morning folks! It’s gonna be snowing all day here, so it’s a WFH day.
It's been a WFH week for me... basically move the mouse, confirm whether we have power, work with some business continuity stuff but generally chill AF.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:13 am
Apex wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:52 am Morning folks! It’s gonna be snowing all day here, so it’s a WFH day.
It's been a WFH week for me... basically move the mouse, confirm whether we have power, work with some business continuity stuff but generally chill AF.
:notbad:

DFD more.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:33 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:13 am

DFD more.
This is the way.
ChrisoftheNorth

:fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Not doing much with WFH today, working on completing my refi :disgust:

Kind of a dece setup :doe: , lowering our rate by 1.25% and moving to a 15 year loan from 29 left on this current one.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:48 am Not doing much with WFH today, working on completing my refi :disgust:

Kind of a dece setup :doe: , lowering our rate by 1.25% and moving to a 15 year loan from 29 left on this current one.
:nice:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:51 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:33 am

DFD more.
This is the way.
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:48 am Not doing much with WFH today, working on completing my refi :disgust:

:fuckyeah:
That's great.
wap

Been snowing here since after midnight. We should end up with another 3-4" by me. We're probably gonna see close to 4 ft by the end of winter. :impressive: Chicago proper is getting really clobbered since they're much closer to the lake. Highs should approach low 20's today, so pretty mild.
ChrisoftheNorth

So the one thing to mention re: 15 vs 30 is that you can pay a 30 year like a 15 and not pay a TON more in interest. Yes, the rate is higher and you do pay more in the long run, but you're buying the flexibility of being able to drop your monthly payment in case of employment :nuke: or whatever. It's why we went with a 30 instead of a 15.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:16 am

So the one thing to mention re: 15 vs 30 is that you can pay a 30 year like a 15 and not pay a TON more in interest. Yes, the rate is higher and you do pay more in the long run, but you're buying the flexibility of being able to drop your monthly payment in case of employment :nuke: or whatever. It's why we went with a 30 instead of a 15.
This was a consideration, but we :math: and if we still come out thousands ahead in a few year's time, so it's a slight risk I'm willing to take. We have a good amount of cash savings and both of our jobs are fairly secure, so I am not super concerned.
razr390

I would do this TBH. Gives you that flexibility especially in case of :nuke: or even commission levels at your current gig, Griff.

Should basically be good if you make less/no commission, but you can pay more toward the 30 if you make commission or have more income.

Freedom to choose at that point. And you’d still get a lower rate than your traditional 30 I suppose?
razr390

My post was too late then... lol
razr390

Some meetings about operations. Our SVP of operations called every Texas operations team member (property management/facilities/security) yesterday to see how we are doing, what we’d need, etc.

Had a great phone call with him. Earlier today I got called by our security VP who told me based on his conversation with the SVP, he (SVP) hand picked me to assist him and VP on some operational risk projects, based off my past work/performance but also highlighted by my convo with him yesterday.

I joked with my VP “this is a nice way of saying I’m getting a lot more responsibility with nothing much more benefit” to which we both :lolol: and then I told him I’d love it. I love doing more analytical type projects and this will help me stay busy.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:24 am
This was a consideration, but we :math: and if we still come out thousands ahead in a few year's time, so it's a slight risk I'm willing to take. We have a good amount of cash savings and both of our jobs are fairly secure, so I am not super concerned.
As long as you did the math and you're confident in employment long term, 15 year is absolutely the way to go for overall savings. Good for you guys!

I have no idea what's going to happen with my job, wife doesn't work, and while cash isn't an issue, I want to be able to make the mortgage payment working at Costco if needed, and with interest rates so low, I'm really in no rush to pay if off...my cash should be able to make more than 2.6% in the market or other investments.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:24 am
I would do this TBH. Gives you that flexibility especially in case of :nuke: or even commission levels at your current gig, Griff.

Should basically be good if you make less/no commission, but you can pay more toward the 30 if you make commission or have more income.

Freedom to choose at that point. And you’d still get a lower rate than your traditional 30 I suppose?
15 will ALWAYS be cheaper than a 30. No way around it. The rate is higher for a 30 always, and that means less of your payment is going to principle. Like Dan said, after just a few years the 15 wins.

The downside is the higher payment commitment. But if employment isn't a concern, it's the way to go.