OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:01 pm
wap wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:48 pm

I never heard that. I did not see any Orthodox churches when I was in Prague. I thought they were Catholics and Hussites. Those were the only churches I saw there or in Bratislava. :iono:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussites# ... ussites%20(Czech%3A%20Husit%C3%A9%20or,representative%20of%20the%20Bohemian%20Reformation.
I was born in Bratislava, it's what I'm being told. One of the reasons they adopted the double cross into their flag. The eastern half of Slovakia has a really high percentage of Grecko-Orthodox "Catholics" whatever that means really.
I didn't know you were born in Bratislava! That's pretty :neat: !
Oohhhh! Eastern Rites Catholic. Got it. Ukraine is that as well. It's a weird hybrid of Catholicism and Orthodoxy. They follow all the rights and liturgies of the Orthodox Church, they follow our calendar, etc, yet still swear loyalty to the Pope instead of our Ecumenical Patriarch.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:16 pm

I was born in Bratislava, it's what I'm being told. One of the reasons they adopted the double cross into their flag. The eastern half of Slovakia has a really high percentage of Grecko-Orthodox "Catholics" whatever that means really.
Oohhhh! Eastern Rites Catholic. Got it. Ukraine is that as well. It's a weird hybrid of Catholicism and Orthodoxy. They follow all the rights and liturgies of the Orthodox Church, they follow our calendar, etc, yet still swear loyalty to the Pope instead of our Ecumenical Patriarch.
Yep I came as a young kiddo and went straight to grade one so not much of a language barrier, my parents faced challenges :doe:

Got it, weird hybrid indeed. Those priests get married and have kids so its a little less restrictive which I'm all for.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:48 pm

I never heard that. I did not see any Orthodox churches when I was in Prague. I thought they were Catholics and Hussites. Those were the only churches I saw there or in Bratislava. :iono:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussites# ... ussites%20(Czech%3A%20Husit%C3%A9%20or,representative%20of%20the%20Bohemian%20Reformation.
And I thought you were exotic being Canadian, the plot thickens :hue: :megusta:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:20 pm

:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:20 pm

The whole nation is basically a medley of immigrants aside of the indigenous people, technically we should all :gtfo:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:01 pm
wap wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:16 pm
Yep I came as a young kiddo and went straight to grade one so not much of a language barrier, my parents faced challenges :doe:

Got it, weird hybrid indeed. Those priests get married and have kids so its a little less restrictive which I'm all for.
That's one of the things they took from Orthodoxy. Our priests can marry. My priest has I think 3 kids.

When's the last time you heard of a pedophile Orthodox priest?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:01 pm Yep I came as a young kiddo and went straight to grade one so not much of a language barrier, my parents faced challenges :doe:

That's one of the things they took from Orthodoxy. Our priests can marry. My priest has I think 3 kids.

Doesn't one of them co-own a pizza parlor with Killary?
wap

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:54 pm
wap wrote: That's one of the things they took from Orthodoxy. Our priests can marry. My priest has I think 3 kids.

Doesn't one of them co-own a pizza parlor with Killary?
:lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:50 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:01 pm

No idea, but it's got to be lower and realistically it helps the dude be more relatable. That celibacy rule should never have existed and ruins the poor assholes life along with others in the wake. One of my beefs with religion is that it teaches people to restrict the joys of life. It's a really big :butwhy: for me and a major gripe.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 pm
wap wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:50 pm

No idea, but it's got to be lower and realistically it helps the dude be more relatable. That celibacy rule should never have existed and ruins the poor assholes life along with others in the wake. One of my beefs with religion is that it teaches people to restrict the joys of life. It's a really big :butwhy: for me and a major gripe.
Catholics didn't always have the celibacy rule. It was added in the 11th century for some :derp: reason.
wap

Enjoying a strange concoction of Patrón and Peach Schnapps.
:wtf:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:38 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 pm

Catholics didn't always have the celibacy rule. It was added in the 11th century for some :derp: reason.
:dafuq: those dudes are 🤡

I actually like the sound of my buddy's church, it is (was) a chillaxed cinematic experience in an elevated conference/lecture hall and have an intro dude, a live band, movie clips and dialog about :jesus: and whatever lessons they deduce we should take. Kids have a daycare area where ECEs are paid to operate, they color or do crafts or something. Dave and his wife sipping a scolding hot Tim's.... I think he's Pentecostal. He's German/Slav mix but his parents have been in their own :wap: version of gathering with a minister or whatever becoming a family friend and general community head. They pray and give thanks and yap about :jesus: but don't focus on the cross bit.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Wasup peeps... been in meetings since 7am yaaay
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:18 am Wasup peeps... been in meetings since 7am yaaay
Bleh.

Drove down state to do some moving. Work's been crazy, but today is dead quiet. When it rains it pours with work for me.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:41 am
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:18 am Wasup peeps... been in meetings since 7am yaaay
Bleh.

Drove down state to do some moving. Work's been crazy, but today is dead quiet. When it rains it pours with work for me.
Yea same. :yikes: 11 meetings today... e fucking 11. :disgust:
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

No more Jobby job for mr Grundle. The chevy dealership I've been working at took the processes that I setup & hired cheaper people. Been dun fired.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:44 am
Bleh.

Holy shit. 11...how can that even be productive?

I was chatting with my finance counterpart earlier this week, he had 15 meetings on Monday, double booked all, many triple. He said he just gave up and didn't call into any, just waiting for his boss to :rage: at him to determine which ones were most important.

Come on people, that's useless.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

datgrundle wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:49 am No more Jobby job for mr Grundle. The chevy dealership I've been working at took the processes that I setup & hired cheaper people. Been dun fired.
:(

Sorry to hear that man. It's pretty savage out there these days. :|
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:51 am

I was chatting with my finance counterpart earlier this week, he had 15 meetings on Monday, double booked all, many triple. He said he just gave up and didn't call into any, just waiting for his boss to :rage: at him to determine which ones were most important.

Some are FYI so I call in listen and multi task. Work has changed a lot lately... I also feel like productivity is WAY up. Because now you're expected to be ALWAYS ON as opposed to prior where you can say " i am picking up my kids, I am driving home, etc".

2020 :disgust: some of this perma work from home shit comes at a price.
wap

Bleh.

:wtf: :disgust:
wap

datgrundle wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:49 am No more Jobby job for mr Grundle. The chevy dealership I've been working at took the processes that I setup & hired cheaper people. Been dun fired.
Fuuuuck. Sorry dude. That sucks.
Hope you can find something else soon.
max225

Yea that seems to be the "new wave" of firings even out here. Replaced "existing" "expensive" workforce with cheap fucks out of the crib/outsource to a cheap af country.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:53 am

Some are FYI so I call in listen and multi task. Work has changed a lot lately... I also feel like productivity is WAY up. Because now you're expected to be ALWAYS ON as opposed to prior where you can say " i am picking up my kids, I am driving home, etc".

See, I find the opposite. It's easy to be "always on" from the phone. I'll go fuck off to the store or whatever errands and respond to IMs and whatnot on my phone. Can also take meetings from my phone, which I've done at wineries a few times now.

Before, I was never really allowed to leave the office for any reason. SO I'd be there rotting for 10-12 hours a day going from worthless meeting to worthless meeting getting :sass: and other :bs: from my boss. I'd also need to be able to answer my phone at any time, and check emails throughout the night. I still do those things, but being away from all that office shit has actually improved my flexibility to work anywhere. I don't mind being on all the time because I was before.

I guess it depends a lot on the remote software implemented. We're all Google which means most of my job can be done from my phone seamlessly and nobody is the wiser.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:53 am

I am very happy to not be a manager at this point. My boss is in the Bay Area with reports in UT and NC. Everyone calls him at all hours and we now have meetings mostly setup in mountain time. I handle West Coast sales so I work 10-7ish and don't mind (I have had multiple opportunities to change territories and didn't because this one used to be :waxer: ). One thing I like about sales though, is that I am pretty much on my own, left to make my own destiny. Customers may hit me up late, I ignore 'em after 4-5 PM PST. :ohwell: They can order online if needed, I will talk to them tomorrow and answer questions, help them with system designs, etc. I'm sure I occasionally loose a bit of biz with this but it is quite minimal and worth it to me to shut down the emails and phones.

Overall I am much happier with this job WFH than I was previously. I am just as, if not more, productive, but work fewer hours, don't spend time commuting, etc.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

wap wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:57 am
Fuuuuck. Sorry dude. That sucks.
Hope you can find something else soon.
I'm gonna take some time for myself. I've been working 60-70 hours for the past two plus years. I need some rest...