OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I'm a bitch. If there's too many jolly, happy extroverts making merry I want them to shut the fuck up or at least calm the fuck down. Buuuuuuuuuuuuut. If you put me in the lighthouse on the island for the winter with 1000 lbs of salted cod and 40 gallons of rum, I'd bitch about that too. :mahtroy:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:42 pm I'm a bitch. If there's too many jolly, happy extroverts making merry I want them to shut the fuck up or at least calm the fuck down. Buuuuuuuuuuuuut. If you put me in the lighthouse on the island for the winter with 1000 lbs of salted cod and 40 gallons of rum, I'd bitch about that too. :mahtroy:
It's all about balance. Sometimes I get concerned by how easy it would be for me to :nope: out of civilization. Then wife and I go into town and have dinner or drinks and it's all good. I DO NOT want to end up like our friend convinced that the powerful of the world are devil worshipping child molesters and Donald Trump is the sole person in the world fighting against it.

:disgust: :wat: :nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:08 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:42 pm I'm a bitch. If there's too many jolly, happy extroverts making merry I want them to shut the fuck up or at least calm the fuck down. Buuuuuuuuuuuuut. If you put me in the lighthouse on the island for the winter with 1000 lbs of salted cod and 40 gallons of rum, I'd bitch about that too. :mahtroy:
It's all about balance. Sometimes I get concerned by how easy it would be for me to :nope: out of civilization. Then wife and I go into town and have dinner or drinks and it's all good. I DO NOT want to end up like our friend convinced that the powerful of the world are devil worshipping child molesters and Donald Trump is the sole person in the world fighting against it.

Captain America: Cheeto Soldier
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:14 pm

Captain America: Cheeto Soldier
Avengers: Civil War after this election tbh
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:18 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:55 pm
I think so. Our house is in an area with a bunch of wineries around, a few restaurants, and we're 15 min from Downtown Traverse City. It's really easy to feel normal and not isolated, but it's also easy to isolate yourself if you stop trying, or forced to like COVID. Our friends live in a more remote area...25min from downtown TC with absolutely nothing around them. They bought that far out because it was cheap, but there's downsides to that IMO. Becoming a conspiracy theorist for one.
I don't think I could do full on middle of nowhere life. I love solitude and being in isolated places for vacation, but being around people is :nice: and certainly provides more perspective (lower likelihood of conspiracy concerns).
I agree. I couldn't go full hermit long term, either. Every now and then deep solitude is cool, but not as a way of life.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

:dat:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

wap wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:53 pm
Melon wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:48 pm

Best response I heard to a moon-landing denier is to say "Oh, you're one of those that believes in the *finger quotes* "MOON." "
Oh FFS. :rolleyes:
No, no.
You one up their dumbass theory with one of your own. Because conspiracy theorists love being "In the know", "woke", or "Holders of a special truth" by one upping the stupidity, you deny them of that.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Somewhere between downtown condo and Unabomber cabin the happy medium lies.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, most satanists don't worship Satan. Fun fact.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Melon wrote:Also, most satanists don't worship Satan. Fun fact.
Good ol Anton LaVey follower? :mahman:

Hail Satan.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:45 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:32 am
Oh wow, very similar for the wife last night...she kept saying how dizzy she was and how she "didn't feel like she was in her body" along with calls for "this needs to stop NOW". Tried to get her to eat some snacks, but that was not happening.
Woof.

I know that feeling.

Did she drink and smoke, together?
Only a little. She just had half a beer and a glass of wine 3 hours before smoking. She's done WAY worse before with mixing...this was a really weird fluke.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:53 am

No, no.
You one up their dumbass theory with one of your own. Because conspiracy theorists love being "In the know", "woke", or "Holders of a special truth" by one upping the stupidity, you deny them of that.
I like this. Solid potential.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:57 am Also, most satanists don't worship Satan. Fun fact.
As an atheist, I think they're all the same TBH.

That REALLY gets people :triggered:

"But, but...you're going to to go hell!"

"Sure, if you believe in that sort of thing"

"What happens when you die then?"

"Do you remember what it was like before you were born?"

"....no....."

"Like that"

:triggered: :howdareu: :triggered:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:00 am
Melon wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:57 am Also, most satanists don't worship Satan. Fun fact.

"....no....."

"Like that"

Gives me chills to think about, but it makes the most sense.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:35 am

"....no....."

"Like that"

It does to me, but it doesn't to others. :ohwell:

What gets me the most :triggered: right now is how "beliefs" are forced upon others. It's not OK to just believe whatever you want, you need to find "truth" or "fight for X,Y,Z thing someone's trying to take away" or whatever. IDGAF what anyone believes as long as it doesn't impact me or physically harm others. "Beliefs" are a mechanism that we all utilize to make sense of life, and I think different people need different things. There's nothing wrong with that, I wish we could embrace differences rather than villainize them.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

"....no....."

"Like that"

LOL. Yep.
wap

Melon wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:53 am

No, no.
Such as...?
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:24 am

What gets me the most :triggered: right now is how "beliefs" are forced upon others. It's not OK to just believe whatever you want, you need to find "truth" or "fight for X,Y,Z thing someone's trying to take away" or whatever. IDGAF what anyone believes as long as it doesn't impact me or physically harm others. "Beliefs" are a mechanism that we all utilize to make sense of life, and I think different people need different things. There's nothing wrong with that, I wish we could embrace differences rather than villainize them.
So much :dat: . It's a point the :jesus: freaks just don't get. :|
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:45 am

So much :dat: . It's a point the :jesus: freaks just don't get. :|
Because they're convinced that they're right and everyone else is wrong. It's that mentality that I just can't stand. Nobody can actually prove any right/wrong, so let people believe whatever makes the most sense to them and :aintcare:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:24 am It does to me
I think about it a lot, have seen death more recently than I care to admit.
(Family deaths, not COVID.)
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

It's just funny because it turns people off on whatever that view may be. Someone pretty :nope: on religion is just going to be :triggered: :disgust: if a :jesus: freak comes at them hard with their views and shit. On the other hand, if they see a :jesus: believer out just being kind and happy in life, they may end up asking what it is that drives them to be that way.

The same could be said for any religion, politics, etc. One thing :triggered: me right now is all of the political signs. I just don't get shoving your preferred candidates down people's throats. Do you think you're going to change someone's mind? Do you just want to alienate half of your neighbors (or more depending)? I don't understand what there is to be gained from it.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:02 pm It's just funny because it turns people off on whatever that view may be. Someone pretty :nope: on religion is just going to be :triggered: :disgust: if a :jesus: freak comes at them hard with their views and shit. On the other hand, if they see a :jesus: believer out just being kind and happy in life, they may end up asking what it is that drives them to be that way.

The same could be said for any religion, politics, etc. One thing :triggered: me right now is all of the political signs. I just don't get shoving your preferred candidates down people's throats. Do you think you're going to change someone's mind? Do you just want to alienate half of your neighbors (or more depending)? I don't understand what there is to be gained from it.
I think at our core, we are tribalistic in nature. What I mean by that is we need a sense of purpose and belonging. Lots of people right now, especially with COVID and the wrecked economy are at home, alone or with family, realizing they might not have a defined purpose in life. So that pushes them to find something to align with. I think that’s why we are seeing the fringes of politics blowing up right now. In reality, 60% (number out of my ass) of people are on the same page as you, and Chris. But the 20% fringe on far right and far left are being the loudest and drowning out that moderate middle.

It’s interesting from a case study perspective, scary from a societal structure perspective. We will get over this though, no doubt on that. Every generation has had periods of uncertainty before. For many, this is the first time they are experiencing something like this. Social media doesn’t help though. I’m doing as minimal of a presence on it other than twitter where I do intel for my company so I’m always searching for breaking news that isn’t MSM.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

"....no....."

"Like that"

If you really want to :triggered: people, start telling them that their god is nothing more than the adult version of Santa Claus.

It's a difficult concept to grasp: the notion that you simply cease to exist. Aside from accepting the idea that your soul goes nowhere and you simply shut down and rot away, you also have to wrestle with the idea that you are never going to see any of your loved ones who have died before you. You also have to realize that there is absolutely no ultimate judgment based upon your earthly behaviors. So, people like Al Capone who committed murders and lived like kings will never be cast into eternal damnation.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:54 pm

"....no....."

"Like that"

If you really want to :triggered: people, start telling them that their god is nothing more than the adult version of Santa Claus.

It's a difficult concept to grasp: the notion that you simply cease to exist. Aside from accepting the idea that your soul goes nowhere and you simply shut down and rot away, you also have to wrestle with the idea that you are never going to see any of your loved ones who have died before you. You also have to realize that there is absolutely no ultimate judgment based upon your earthly behaviors. So, people like Al Capone who committed murders and lived like kings will never be cast into eternal damnation.
Throwing away the crutch becomes easier by studying exactly how much engineered oppression organized religion has brought through the centuries.

That said, I respect the community function many churches serve. If I moved to BFE, and the entire society there revolved around an (acceptable) church, I'd go every once in a while, even though I might be listening to Whitesnake on earbuds during the service. By acceptable I mean a church with a men's group that volunteered in the community and drank beer while doing so and laid off the hell and damnation stuff.